** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Russian Grand Prix

Russian GP

Week 4 of the Formula One season heads back to Europe for the fourth Russian Grand Prix at the Sochi Autodrom.

A purpose built track that was put in place originally in 2014 and it coincided with the Winter Olympics at the same venue. It's not been a favourite of the drivers and fans, the three races we have had so far have been led from start to finish by a Mercedes car. Nico Rosberg won it last year and Lewis Hamilton took both races before that. The pair also came out in front in qualifying meaning that no car other than a Mercedes has led any part of the Russian GP since it was reintroduced.

Stats

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 09.46.42.png

The track is easy on tyres too which makes strategy less of an issue, its a one stop race and it will be a question of who can make that one pit stop work out for them. An undercut is possible and with the low amount of overtakes at Sochi that may be the best chance for Ferrari to beat Mercedes. 
Statistically Bottas has always done well here so now he has a quicker car he could shine once again and looks good for a front row start along side his team-mate Hamilton, unless Ferrari has a surprise in store that is?

Of the others i'm interested in Williams, they always do well here and with Massa doing us a favour last time out I reckon he's in for another good race and I wouldn't rule out Lance Stroll showing up this week.

We have had two Safety Cars in 3 races so the 4/9 for another one looks about right to be honest. The Number of finishers betting is 50/50 with most firms, i would come down on the side of the 'overs' if pushed as its not a difficult track to drive and the failures that we do have will be to do with reliability rather than hitting barriers etc... Problem is if you think we are sure to have a Safety Car then you also have to expect a collision is going to happen early on, so it just depends on how many cars that takes out.

Early bets:

Over 15.5 Finishers 5/6 PP
L.Hamilton Evens BetVic
L.Stroll Points Finish 6/5 Skybet

Outright with Bet365

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 10.06.24.png

Well, nobody saw that coming, a Ferrari front row lockout, cant remember the last time we saw that. Its the first time a Merc hasn't  been on the front row for two years. 

Vettel is now the 8/15 favourite and Hamilton who starts in 4th is out to 4/1, which is pretty good value actually. It has made a pretty boring race into an exciting one, at the start anyway.

I have no faith in Raikkonen to stay in the front two so i'm expecting a charge from Bottas and Hamilton, whether Vetteal has ling gone by then is another question.

Williams have done ok as predicted so happy enough with Lance Stroll and with the weather being warm and dry we shouldn't have too many incidents and it will be down to reliability as regards the number of finishers.

I still think it will be a Vettel, Hamilton one-two which is 15/8 at Betfred (either way round)

:ok