** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Apr 28th - 30th

ligue1ratings.jpg

Was the Ligue 1 title technically won in midweek by PSG? What a statement that was by the reigning champions to destroy their title rivals in such a convincing manner. Monaco still have a game in hand and superior goal difference but with 4-5 games left there is still time for plenty to change. How will that result in midweek impact the title race?

A lot of the form has been inconsistent lately so it's a tough period to take on. Ligue 1 has provided some superb interaction this season though so I'm keen to see what you're all thinking.

What do you guys all reckon? @DrO@Icongene, @Pep004, @FCNA, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @michaelwinsall, @rangers234, @DrBetter, @sajtion, @KikoCy, @Tanktop, @zemo91, @hairline, @mrclubbie, @clubgowi, @neilovan, @WinningAdvice, and @Lisandri!

It won't have any affect. Monaco played a pathetic team v PSG, one that even Marseille would have put 2 or 3 past.

It was a clear statement that the league and Champions League are the only things that matter.

Quite like Angers on the DnB and Nantes v Lorient and Dijon v Bordeaux to go Over 2.5.

Now that Lyonnais do not have European obligations, I expect to dedicate myself to domestic obligations and to claim its European exit, taking advantage of Angers weaknesses and her forms
ANGERS SCO vs OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS @@ +0 AH OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS, odds 1.53

Ligue 1:

Angers have lost their last 4 games in Ligue 1.
Valenciennes have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 games in Ligue 2.
Strasbourg have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 home games in Ligue 2.

Interesting 17 Football Betting Streaks for 28.04.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-28-04-2017

I found odds on Metz AH 0 valuable. I think that teams are pretty similar, and home pitch factor could be decisive as well. Also because an away fan group won't be able to support the team. I think that in worst scenario for Metz, match will end with draw, while I gave them pretty good chances to win the match. Whole analysis here!

Going with over on La Beaujoire. As I mentioned above, Dubois and Lima are used to go very high on the pitch and left a lot of empty space behind. On the other hand, Nantes is stealing ball really often, Rongier and Gillet are great duo in central midfield and Lorient is making dozens of mistakes in midfield. With quick transitions of Nantes, and with being poor at defending set pieces, I can see lots of problems for Lorient here and that's why I am pretty sure that we'll see some goals here. Whole analysis here!

We cannot compare quality of those two teams, not at all, not even experiences from bigger matches, actually nothing, but it's true that Caen need to win points if they want to breath easier. On the other hand, as mentioned, Marseille cannot afford to lose another points because Bordeaux is already 3 points above them. With win, Marseille would put pressure on Bordeaux who will play right after them and against Dijon, who is in my opinion better side then Caen. It's raining in Caen, which could be advantage for "bad football" - as I said million times this year, Caen is putting all hopes on their tall strikers and successful crosses, but I believe that Marseille will be much better prepared on them as Metz was for example. With Fanni and especially Rolando in defence, they are physical and really tough to beat in aerial duels. Marseille, especially with Payet on the pitch is much more dangerous from set-pieces and also from shots from distance and wet pitch might be a problem for Caen goalkeeper Vercoutre. All in all, I am going with -1 Marseille win, as I think that they are at least for 2 goals better team than Caen is. They lost at home against Nantes, Montpellier and Monaco with results 0-2, 0-2 and 0-3 and I think that Marseille can do something similar. They will be much stronger in midfield, Thauvin will be too much for their defence, and with Gomis back, conversion rate of Marseille will be better as well.

Odds dropped pretty much, so I decided to take AH -1 on Marseille. Whole analysis here: http://www.fa-p.eu/2017/04/pick-marseille-ah-1-pinnacle-210-today.html

Edited by Pep004