** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps Comp - Tuesday April 25th

150 Hexham

Storm Forecast NAP 5/4 Bet365
Malcolm Jefferson and Brian Hughes team up here, they are the top trainer/jockey combo at the track and this one ran well last time out over C/D. Had been off twelve months prior to that and he should open his account over hurdles here. Top weight Applaus looks the danger but he has to give away 6lbs and that just may prove too much.

4.25 Yarmouth: Class 5 Handicap, 7f

Favourite Wurood looks a skinny price and certainly one to take on at the top of the weights against the boys at the back of a visually fine looking maiden win at Wolverhampton, where, however, she was most likely flattered given she had the run of the race from the front.

I'm much more keen on the equally lightly raced Derek Duval. This son of Lope De Vega was a very late fool and should be open to a good deal of improvement now as a three year old, even more so stepping up to 7 furlongs for the first time.

On his seasonal reappearance at Wolverhampton over 6f last month he got off the mark which was only his second career start. He stayed on nicely to win by a close margin, though he was good for more.

On handicap debut a fortnight later he pulled hard in the early stages of the race and was subsequently disadvantaged by his position at the back of the field where he was also forced to race wide. Still he came with a storming run on the outside to finish a close third in the end.

It's seems obvious that an additional furlong can only be a positive and a 2lb rise in the mark with further natural improvement to come might underestimate Derek Duval, as long as he acts on fast ground turf.

Selection:
Derek Duval @ 7/1 Bet365

Hexham 3.25 Quick Brew @ 14/1 bet365 e/w

Seeing I went with Red Tea yesterday as I like a cup of Tea this is another Quick Brew from Maurice Barnes yard the 9yo likes it round here and reverts back to hurdles after running last 10 races chasing last year , He's been successful in a hurdle race and a chase at 2m and 2m 4f on good ground ,

His last winning hurdle race was off 112 with Daragh Bourke in saddle who got 5lb allowance, he also was in saddle when he won his chase win also getting the same 5lb allowance, Although his last race was 169 days ago the fact that he's had good times round here and Daragh knows the horse having been in saddle 10 of last 11 races and still getting that 5lb allowance which is 2lb below last hurdle win

6.40 Punchestown - A Toi Phil @ 20/1 Boylesports

I reckon Disko is a massive lay in the Grade 1 Novice Chase. Those intermediate distance to staying novice chasers kept beating each other earlier in the season and the JLT isn't working out so I'm not sure he's that good and I think Our Duke improved a ton when winning the Irish Grand National. Meade has a woeful 3% strike rate here from 167 runners at 0.44 Betfair actual/expected at Punchestown too. Against Anibale Fly for similar reasons, while Acapella Bourgeois needs it soft, Alpha Des Obeaux has serious bleeding problems, A Genie In A Bottle is another trained by Meade and Velocity Boy isn't good enough. Process of elimination leaves A Toi Phil who is actually probably not far off Disko at his best winning two Grade 2 chases comfortably and also a big handicap at Leopardstown in January. Very patchy but I'm confident he's a good bet in this market.