Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** June Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Like2Fish, 3rd McG **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

Midweek > Apr 24th - 27th

nonleague.jpg.683d2175638486c257a4178266

This week will see a number of fixtures to tie up the remaining league matches and it is also the start of the play-offs. I am hoping to get to the Merthyr Town versus Hitchin game. There is big expectation surrounding Merthyr Town in the play-offs so if they don't win there will be a lot of disappointed locals on Wednesday night. We all know how random the play-offs can be. There is often inflated odds flying around but it's a guessing game. Interested to see if anyone is brave enough to make a call on it.

@addpea, @GazBlades, @Gidds, @tictok, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @amtopm, @sammydubs@the bastardian@bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @sammummery, @MuineBheag, @Bronxie and @misky.

Maidstone at 2/1 against us is a ridiculous price. We've got results despite the tiredness the last few games, and some of the players are definately in need of a rest. And I saw first hand on Saturday night that they weren't sat with their feet up preparing for yet another game! The job is done now, and I'm not sure how up for a trip all the way to Kent on a plastic pitch the Lincoln players are going to be. And that's before you even look at Maidstone current form. I'm shocked they're that big. 

Danny Cowley has confirmed today there will be changes for tomorrow night. Keeper Paul Farman and left back Sam Habergham are out for last two games. And the back ups for those have only played 1 trophy game each in the last 6 weeks and neither was great in either of those. 

Maidstone v Lincoln
Well done to Lincoln for winning the National League title (even if it did mean they pipped my ante-post bet on Tranmere) as they have have had an incredible season. Now the job is done it is easy to think they might take their foot off the gas in this game. They have had a very busy schedule in the last two months and despite the fact they have won their last 7 games they haven't actually been playing all that well. We often see when teams win the league that their performance in the next game takes a dive and both Blyth and Chippenham who won their respective leagues early failed to win their next game. Maidstone continued their good run of form when getting a point on Saturday at FGR and just failing to land the odds of 6/1. No doubt they will want to go out and beat the Champions and they look a big price at 11/5 to beat Lincoln.

Ryman Premier play-offs
Bognor are warm favourites to go up via the play-offs and they have had an amazing season, but they really should have won the league. It looked like they had blown it by losing to Havant on Easter Monday, but then Havant could only draw on Saturday which meant if Bognor had of won their game they would have won the title. Having gone a goal up however they then conceded an equaliser in the 2nd half and they couldn't take advantage of Havant's slip up. They are now going to have to get themselves up for the play-offs and that could be a tough ask. For a long time it looked like Dulwich were going to miss out on the play-offs, but thanks to some of the teams above them having a big dip in form and Dulwich going on a good run meant they actually ended up coming 3rd. They drew a hell of a lot of games in the early part of the season and if they had turned some of those into wins they would have gone close to winning the title. They lost in the play-off final last season, but I don't think they will make the same mistake twice and they can finally get a deserved promotion to the National League South.

Evo-Stik Northern Premier Play-Offs
Stourbridge are already through after winning in extra time last night and whilst they will be tough opponents I think Spennymoor can claim promotion. Even though they were close on points, for me they were clear second best in the league this season and if they hadn't of had a big fixture backlog they might actually have pushed Blyth closer than they did. They have known for a while the title was impossible so have avoided any disappointment and they would have been working towards the play-offs.

Evo-Stik Southern Premier Play-Offs
Having put Leamington up pre-season it was disappointing how badly they blew up towards the end of the season. I know Chippenham went on an amazing run of form, but Leamington should have gone a lot closer than they did. They even lost 4-0 on Saturday and they are just woefully out of form. The same can be said for Slough who made the early running in the divison. Hitchin haven't won in 6 although they have drawn 5 of those with the defeat coming against Chippenham so you would be hard pushed to say they were out of form, but for me Merthyr are the team to be with. They come into the play-offs with the best form having only lost one of their last nine (again that was against Chippenham) and they look good value to gain promotion.

Disappointing defeat for Merthyr on penalties last night. The Hitchin goalkeeper had an absolute stormer and it could have been a completely different story if he hadn't been in such fantastic form. Still, it's been a positive season for the Martyrs and they'll certainly be one of the teams in contention for promotion next season.

On 4/26/2017 at 2:19 AM, addpea said:

Seems like Lincoln had the better of the game from what I have read although sounds like Maidstone had a great chance deep into injury time. Gaz might know better than me though.

I didn't go down there, but sounds like Maidstone could easily had 5 and Lincoln 10!