** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat-Saturday 22nd April

Think I've used up my bad luck lol time for the coffers to fill up now ...so lets get the ball rolling 

Zhui feng  98.96

Storm ahead  98.94

Donncha  98.91 

Hard to split top two here ....marginally prefer zhui feng on accounts of recent run but both look incredible value at 16/1 each based on their ratings and definately worth a play to me 

Zhui feng 10pts win 16/1 bet365

Storm ahead 10pts win 16/1 will h 

Scoop6

There was no winner of the Scoop6 on last Saturday. This is great news for you as the Win fund starts at £68,898 and the bonus fund at £283,907. Both these totals will grow rapidly as more stakes are placed.

totepool predict the combined win and bonus fund could reach £500,000!

Saturday’s bet is split between Ayr and Newbury with all 6 legs to be shown live on ITV.

Races

58f9e821343b3_ScreenShot2017-04-21at12.0

Selections:

Leg 1: Dabyah 6/4 Bet365

We kick off with the Fred Darling Stakes on the flat and just for a change we have a short priced favourite on our hands. I'm not one for looking a gift horse in the mouth so will row in with the John Gosden and Frankie Dettori runner Dabyah, he won twice and then was third in a Group 1 contest, that looks good enough.

Leg 2: Ozzie The Oscar 12/1 Hills

The Scottish Champion Hurdle, which is actually a Grade 2 handicap. Nicky Henderson has a couple of strong contenders in L'ami Serge and Peace And Co, on eis hard to win with and the other has a 400 day break to overcome. I like the Hobbs horse Ozzie The Oscar who ran a cracker to be 3rd in the County Hurdle.

Leg 3: Dream Castle 3/1 BetVictor

Our next race is the Greenham Stakes and a much better turnout this year (only 3 ran in 2016). Godolphin look to have a strong hand with Barney Roy and the Frankel colt Dream Castle. War Secretary represents the O'Brien/Moore combo but they are hard town work out at the minute.

Leg 4: Yorkist 15/2 Hills

A Listed Handicap Chase and a wide open look to it. The two at the top are classy sorts and I wouldn't put it past Simply Ned to show his true form and win this off 11st 12lbs. Yorkist ran well at Aintree but just didnt last out and could find things go his way here.

Leg 5: Donncha 8/1 Paddy Power

The Spring Cup is our next leg and back to what we expect from the organisers, a tough 20-odd runner handicap. A few of these will have come from the Lincoln and Donncha probably is the pick of those. Elsewhere Banksea and Chelsea Lad have possibilities.

Leg 6: Vintage Clouds 14/1 Bet365

The Scottish National, wide open as always and any one of a dozen could win it. I have tipped up Premier Bond and Vintage Clouds elsewhere on the site and will stick with Vintage Clouds for this bet. Yard do well at Ayr and he looks to have a bit of scope, horses like him often run well in this race.

:ok

430 Ayr

Kalondra EW NAP 8/1 Bet365
Superb traveller in his races and has won off marks of 127 and 135 this season, was only 10th at Cheltenham behind Supasundae but will find this company more to his liking. There should be a decent pace and that will suit as he needs producing very late and Noel Fehily the perfect man for the job. At the prices he looks a great each way bet.

4.05 Thirsk: Class 3 Handicap, 5f

I'm quite keen on Dakota Gold here who ran four times as a juvenile and showed plenty of promise when winning a pretty decent maiden at Hamilton following up with a really good fifth in a valuable sales race at Newmarket in his final start in 2016.

Given the three year old Equiano son was a late April foal you would expect him to progress as a three year old He drops in trip today, first time over 5f and that could be exactly what he wants. He has a super draw and might use the bit extra stamina to his advantage with a canny front-running performance?

Interestingly his sire has an excellent record with three year old's dropping down to the minimum trip. Also on the ratings front he is set up for progress. He already ran to an RPR of 81, so if natural improvement kicks in and he is ready to go on his seasonal debut then a mark of 79 could easily underestimate him. 

Selection:
10pts win - Dakota Gold @ 12/1 Bet365

6.30 Nottingham: Maiden Stakes, 10f

The Sea The Stars colt Crystal Ocean at the top of the market looks really exciting and could be too good for the rest in this field, but the equally very well bred Godolphin runner Forever Song might well be in the same category. 

Forever Song is by Dubawi and a full-brother to the very useful Whispering Gallery, a Group 3 winner and rated a 112 on the flat. He was also a very sharp on his debut, winning first time out and subsequently two good handicaps. 

This lad has a Derby entry so there is a chance that this debut race is more like an educational run, but I am be rather confident in his sharpness and race fitness given that William Buck heading over from Newbury in the afternoon for this single ride. 

Selection: 
10pts win - Forever Song @ 7/1 Bet365

8.00 Nottingham: Class 5 Handicap, 5f

Competitive little race but bottom weight The Big Short could easily exploit a possibly lenient mark here. He showed that he is not useless in a couple of races last season, finishing in the money without winning.

He was, however, a mid-March foal and looked often sluggish with a huge frame to fill that would need a bit of time. He appears scopey and one that will improve as a three year old, no doubt. 

There are slight worries about the fast ground and the widest draw, but that aside Franny Norton makes the journey here on his sole ride at Nottingham and he has an impressive strike rate in this scenario. 

Selection:
10pts win - The big Short @ 7/1 Bet 365 

550 thirsk 

Aj cook  98.88

Dalalah  98.87

Penny dreadful  98.83

Decent looking sprint here ...Penny dreadful looks decent and should run a big race around 7/1 but top two are just better value havingnposted decent efforts recently and conditions suit ...prices 12/1 and 16/1 they just look decent value in an open race 

Aj cook  5pts ew 16/1 bet365

Dalalah 5pts ew 12/1 will hill