** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Apr 21st - 24th

9 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

If that was on a game of Football Manager we'd all be saying it was scripted! Pritchard is a quality player. Norwich's squad overall should be challenging for automatic promotion. I had them tipped as a top 6 finisher before the season started. In fact, I think I had them and Newcastle as top two. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how that result affects Newcastle's mentality. Easy to forget they still haven't sealed promotion yet.

@Kenton Schweppes, what's the mood amongst Huddersfield fans like at the moment? I should point out, Kenton was adamant before the season started that the Terriers would be in the mix. I tipped them to struggle and I am happy to admit I have been proven wrong. I've got a soft spot for Huddersfield after they, along with Alloa, were one of the first clubs I managed on the old Championship Manager games. In the days of Andy Booth, Iffy Onuora, and Jon Dyson!

After today....we're all a bit concerned. Think whatever happens it's been a decent season but it will be cold comfort if we fail to even qualify for the play offs after being there practically from day one. I'm hoping we'll qualify and we'll take it from there. Aside from the 98/99 season this is the closest we've ever come to regaining our top flight place since we left in 1972. I'm hoping we don't go into the final fixture against your lot needing a win to secure our place in the end of season shake up.

Them 3 Town players you mention are all club legends.

@Kenton SchweppesImpossible for you to not be in the playoffs surely? Need to lose all 3 and Leeds win both. I'm Leeds born and bred (bar 18 years in London ;) ) but I'm glad they're not potentially going up this season as they just wouldn't be ready. Depending on the transfer market in the summer, I think they're a good bet for promotion next season though. :ok 

17 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

After today....we're all a bit concerned. Think whatever happens it's been a decent season but it will be cold comfort if we fail to even qualify for the play offs after being there practically from day one. I'm hoping we'll qualify and we'll take it from there. Aside from the 98/99 season this is the closest we've ever come to regaining our top flight place since we left in 1972. I'm hoping we don't go into the final fixture against your lot needing a win to secure our place in the end of season shake up.

Them 3 Town players you mention are all club legends.

When we got promoted from the third tier back in 2003 (the old Division Two!), we were in the promotion places on and off all season but suffered a collapse in the second half of the season. Wigan and Crewe sealed the automatic promotion spots and we just qualified for the play-offs by 1 point. However, we then went on to win the play-offs without even conceding a goal. Just get in there and take things from there. Everything that has gone is forgotten when the play-offs start. My only concern for you is that it appears teams know that you're focused on passing out from the back and teams are pressing high against you. It will certainly be an intriguing play-offs this season. 

16 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

@Kenton SchweppesImpossible for you to not be in the playoffs surely? Need to lose all 3 and Leeds win both. I'm Leeds born and bred (bar 18 years in London ;) ) but I'm glad they're not potentially going up this season as they just wouldn't be ready. Depending on the transfer market in the summer, I think they're a good bet for promotion next season though. :ok 

I only need to remind you, as a Cardiff fan, that one time when Preston won their remaining four games, we lost our remaining four games, and they overturned a massive goal difference to stop us from making the play-offs. I'm sure they'll be fine though! :loon