** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Apr 18th & 19th

I expect Barcelona to leave the pitch and attack from the start, while Juventus on the other hand will try to match goes out, allowing a few steps to the goal, always with the famous Italian style, I expect very close game with few goals
FC BARCELONA vs JUVENTUS TURIN @@ +3.50 Under, odds 1.75

Monaco has proven this year that it is here that, by having a stability since the beginning of the series, scoring at will and firmly believe is the favorite today to get the qualification. The Dortmund is forced to play aggressively from the start, so that Monaco would find open areas and can do damage
AS MONACO vs BORUSSIA DORTMUND @@ +0.25 AH AS MONACO, odds 1.93

AS Monaco - Borussia Dortmund

Curiously enough, Dortmund are favorites to win in 90 minutes despite the Ligue 1 side boasting a strong home record in Europe.
Monaco have won 21 of the 30 Champions League matches they have hosted, and of the sides in the history of the tournament who have hosted at least 30 games, only Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich boast a better home win percentage. Dortmund, for their part, have only won two of their last six away games in the competition, with their only clean sheet during that time coming at an extremely poor Legia Warsaw.

Monaco therefore look to be a little over priced, and this exciting, attacking team look good value to record another home win. However, instead of backing them outright for the win, i will take the price of 2.05 for the hosts to score over 1.5 goals.

Leonardo Jardim's men are the top scorers in Ligue 1 this season with 90 goals in 32 games, while at home they have netted 54 goals in 16 games. In the Champions League, meanwhile, they have scored at least two goals in their last three home matches.

Against a Dortmund side who do not look particularly solid defensively, Monaco look well placed to net at least twice.

Monaco to score more than 1.5 goals @ 2.05 

Purely value picks below..

Made some profit yesterday specifically thanks to the card markets.

Haven't had a lot of time to do write-ups recently so my apologies for that.

Barca - Juve

Dybala anytime scorer @ 2.9

Juve to take the lead at anytime @ 2.75

Khedira to be carded @ 3

Busquets to be carded @ 2.75

Dani Alves to be carded @ 2.5

Correct score:

2-1 Barcelona @ 9.5

2-2 @ 14

Monaco - Dortmund

Monaco & BTTS @ 3.9

Monaco & O3.5 @ 5

Sokratis to be carded @ 2.9

Bakayoko to be carded @ 3.5

Mbappe anytime scorer @ 2.2

Monaco win, O3.5 & Mbappe anytime @ 7

Correct score:

3-1 Monaco @ 21

3-2 Monaco @ 20 

I combined the scores above for a few cheeky doubles.

Main double:

Monaco to take lead at anytime @ 1.775

Busquets card @ 2.75

@ 4.88

Barcelona to score in both halves - 2.40

at first, it looks like there are some more obvious picks there, like both teams to score, Barcelona to win or Messi anytime goalscorer, but odds on that are pretty low. on the other hand, 7.50 on Barcelona to go through is nice, but I don't believe they will do it so there's no point in suggesting that. what I do believe is that we will see a match pretty similar to Barcelona - PSG a couple of weeks ago. Barca will attack from the start, beliving they can do it again and I doubt they'll be as impotent in attack as they were in Italy. even though I don't see any major difference in overall quality between Juventus and PSG, Juve just looks more serious and more experienced so they won't allow this to slip from their hands. they will defend better than PSG and most likely score again. but make no mistake, in Barcelona they still believe in new miraculus comeback and will give their best, and their best on Camp Nou means goals on the opposite side.

Edited by tit@n

Going over again, this time Barcelona vs Juventus

Juventus should be better defensively than PSG, but with the front 3 of Barca and Juventus sneaking at least 1, this should be a comfortable winning bet.

over 2.5 goals ; 1.40 @Bet365

Edited by Bett

Anyone asking why Juve, an Italian team, that doesn't have to win, might sit back and protect an essentially 4 goal lead needs their head checked.

Im not sure Barca has another PSG result in them simply due to the quality of the Juve backline but I'd be surprised if they lost here. They'll be keen to put on a performance for the fans and in my opinion, if Juve are to score one goal here at the Camp Nou, I think it will completely remove their will to score another and we'll see a typical defensive/timewasting Italian performance.

The focus of the (a) team will be on not conceding an early goal and I just don't see them going hard for an away goal here until they are pushed by a Barca goal.

Barca or Draw for me but I won't be betting.

Edited by Icongene

Oh Monaco you sexy bastards :beer

@KikoCy Hope you backed them picks!

The bookies were MENTAL to over estimate Dortmund here. They have a shite defence (for this stage of the comp) and struggled past plucky yet very ordinary opposition in Benfica. Writing was on the wall from then. 2.5 for Monaco to qualify? Bhahahha 

Monaco have probably gone as far as they can as one of Atletico or Juve will probably strangle them out, maybe R Madrid is their best chance attack on attack,but it's been a fun ride.

The Barca game played out exactly as I'd expected couldn't believe some were thinking Juve might score 3! When was the last time an Italian side scored 3 away goals in the quarter of the champions league, never mind against Barca and with essentially a 4 goal cushion. The game was all set up as an Italian wet dream and!defence won the day.

Edited by Icongene

9 hours ago, Icongene said:

Oh Monaco you sexy bastards :beer

@KikoCy Hope you backed them picks!

The bookies were MENTAL to over estimate Dortmund here. They have a shite defence (for this stage of the comp) and struggled past plucky yet very ordinary opposition in Benfica. Writing was on the wall from then. 2.5 for Monaco to qualify? Bhahahha 

Monaco have probably gone as far as they can as one of Atletico or Juve will probably strangle them out, maybe R Madrid is their best chance attack on attack,but it's been a fun ride.

The Barca game played out exactly as I'd expected couldn't believe some were thinking Juve might score 3! When was the last time an Italian side scored 3 away goals in the quarter of the champions league, never mind against Barca and with essentially a 4 goal cushion. The game was all set up as an Italian wet dream and!defence won the day.

Easy money mate!

Shame about the Barca game but from a neutrals perspective, pleased with Juve.

Also took Juve to win CL @ 17.00 a few months back so I am behind them 100%.

Wow, Barca are a horrible team.

Can't even score one goal at home :loon and conceded plenty away in the last two away games.

Neymar, Messi, Suarez and they leave with nothing. Joke i tell ya.

On 4/19/2017, 3:16:13, Bett said:

Going over again, this time Barcelona vs Juventus

Juventus should be better defensively than PSG, but with the front 3 of Barca and Juventus sneaking at least 1, this should be a comfortable winning bet.

over 2.5 goals ; 1.40 @Bet365

Just now, Notorious said:

Have a bet made earlier in the season on Juve to win it all, as well as Madrid. They can, but they won't. Watch Monaco advance. Also Higuain in a Final hahahhahahhahhahahhahhahhahahhahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahhaha 

I'd rather Monaco fucked you senseless personally.