** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Easter Fixtures > Apr 17th & 18th

champodds.jpg.353ddbc87257278d46119c6e3b

league1odds.jpg.26f2ef1d1272215e9571f363

league2odds.jpg.ef5bf8cec2b421941b539b3f

loicupodds.jpg.4b3d8444fb9f4674811cc2aae

A quick turn around needed today with the next round of games only the day after tomorrow. The ratings have been provided via a link due to the attachment issues until we get it sorted. Championship, League One, League Two, and Ireland League Cup on Monday and Tuesday so get letting us know your thoughts.

@Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @allyhibs, @skyblues88, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @sajtion, @Icongene, @Punki85, @DW_United, @discipline, @dogmeister, @MuineBheag, @Vcg2007, @amtopm, @KingSoccertips, @kulikTS, @waynecoyne, and @betcatalog, how are you all feeling about this second batch of matches in this hectic Easter period?

Stand out bets on Monday for me are:

Accrington v Crawley

Accrington have to win to stand any chance of getting in the play offs and won 4 of their last 5 at home. Crawley lost 2 of their last 3 and not playing for much here as they're pretty safe.

Accrington Win @ 1.73 Skybet

Brighton v Wigan

Wigan have to go for it here, nicking a point isn't good enough for them at this stage and you can only see goals in this match. Will Brighton be a bit lazy knowing they're up? Possibly, so perhaps a shock win for Wigan isn't beyond belief, but looks like goals are assured.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.95 Bet365

Preston v Norwich

Only very slim chances of getting into the playoffs for both these teams now, but they both like to attack and again, goals just look guaranteed. Could be a winner by half time. Preston do seem to be finishing well and are strong at home, so they seem the value to win this too and the ratings back it up.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.67 Coral
Preston Win @ 2.60 BetVictor

Reading v Rotherham

Rotherham already down and they're firmly up against it away to Reading. Rotherham might frustrate them for a while, but you'd have to expect Reading to break them down and pull away.

Reading -1 (AH) @ 1.65 BetVictor

More tips here https://www.punterslounge.com/tips/free-football-betting-tips:ok 

My picks for Easter Monday are:

- READING:   Rotherham already relegated. Reading should be them comfortably to cement their play off place.

- BRIGHTON:   Brighton to capitalise on Newcastle's failure to beat Leeds and edge closer towards the title. 

- SCUNTHORPE:   Home win for Scunthorpe to keep their play off place and relegate Chesterfield in the process.

I am expecting Brighton to beat Wigan tmrw & seal promotion. They will need to get something as they are fighting relegation, but we should be too strong for them.

After Newcastle. Slipped up on Friday, I expect them to take the game to Ipswich. The corner count against Leeds was 19-0. I reckon Newcastle could easily cover the handicap here. 

UK:

Rotherham have lost their last 13 away games in Championship.
Barnsley have drawn their last 4 home games in Championship.
Rotherham have failed to win their last 23 away games in Championship.
Scunthorpe have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 home games in League 1.

Interesting 28 Football Betting Streaks for 17.04.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-17-04-2017

I think Cardiff to beat Nottingham Forest at 2.37 is great value. At least worth a draw no bet backing. I said to @CloughandTaylor that if they nicked a goal they could well keep us at bay because our finishing hasn't been great lately. So I can see the reasoning behind the bookies here. However, I think at home we are a really tough side to beat under Warnock now so at the very least Forest will need to be on the top of their game to take something from us today and due to that I would recommend backing us to take at least a draw today.

1 minute ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I think Cardiff to beat Nottingham Forest at 2.37 is great value. At least worth a draw no bet backing. I said to @CloughandTaylor that if they nicked a goal they could well keep us at bay because our finishing hasn't been great lately. So I can see the reasoning behind the bookies here. However, I think at home we are a really tough side to beat under Warnock now so at the very least Forest will need to be on the top of their game to take something from us today and due to that I would recommend backing us to take at least a draw today.

I have to fear for us today as Saturday was so disappointing with so much at stake, only difference today is that we will have space to play, something that was denied by a great performance by Blackburn at the weekend.

Forest will have to fight for everything today and will be a no bet for me, but if someone gave me a 50 quid stake and insisted it had to be placed on this game, then the odds on Cardiff would look to good to be true.

Wish you all the bad luck in the world today SD, but only today.

13 minutes ago, CloughandTaylor said:

I have to fear for us today as Saturday was so disappointing with so much at stake, only difference today is that we will have space to play, something that was denied by a great performance by Blackburn at the weekend.

Forest will have to fight for everything today and will be a no bet for me, but if someone gave me a 50 quid stake and insisted it had to be placed on this game, then the odds on Cardiff would look to good to be true.

Wish you all the bad luck in the world today SD, but only today.

I have a huge soft spot for your club. My mate Mitch has been a life-long supporter of you boys, my other friend Jonny made the documentary on your club's European exploits, and I just think you epitomise everything great about the history of the domestic game. I've also enjoyed a few trips up to the City Ground and have fantastic memories. One being where I got stuck in Hooters after a game because I needed a piss and it got surrounded by Cardiff hooligans (back when we had a load of twats following the club away just looking to cause trouble). I came out of the toilet as Hooters was getting bombarded by foreign objects with the place rammed full of Forest fans. I openly said "this is awkward, I'm a Cardiff fan!" and your lot helped get me out of there because I didn't have a Cardiff top on so if I came out I'd have been easy pickings from distance for the trouble makers with their throw shit and ask questions later approach. Made me ashamed to have those scum bags follow Cardiff away when the vast majority of our away support is superb and we issued widespread bans to those idiots that very season so not had many problems since. However, it has also meant that Forest have held a close spot to my heart. I would hate to see you go down and even though I'd be disappointed if we lost today I would take some solace knowing the loss has helped you lads in your efforts to stay up.

7 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I have a huge soft spot for your club. My mate Mitch has been a life-long supporter of you boys, my other friend Jonny made the documentary on your club's European exploits, and I just think you epitomise everything great about the history of the domestic game. I've also enjoyed a few trips up to the City Ground and have fantastic memories. One being where I got stuck in Hooters after a game because I needed a piss and it got surrounded by Cardiff hooligans (back when we had a load of twats following the club away just looking to cause trouble). I came out of the toilet as Hooters was getting bombarded by foreign objects with the place rammed full of Forest fans. I openly said "this is awkward, I'm a Cardiff fan!" and your lot helped get me out of there because I didn't have a Cardiff top on so if I came out I'd have been easy pickings from distance for the trouble makers with their throw shit and ask questions later approach. Made me ashamed to have those scum bags follow Cardiff away when the vast majority of our away support is superb and we issued widespread bans to those idiots that very season so not had many problems since. However, it has also meant that Forest have held a close spot to my heart. I would hate to see you go down and even though I'd be disappointed if we lost today I would take some solace knowing the loss has helped you lads in your efforts to stay up.

Hooters unfortunately is a magnet for twats on both sides, next time find the Navigation Inn on Meadow Lane turning left as you walk along the canal on London Road.

Twats will not go anywhere near a pub that is full of real ale drinkers, and would not be able to cope with a few pints of the local brews either.

Let me know if you are about in the future and there will be a decent beer waiting.

15 minutes ago, CloughandTaylor said:

Hooters unfortunately is a magnet for twats on both sides, next time find the Navigation Inn on Meadow Lane turning left as you walk along the canal on London Road.

Twats will not go anywhere near a pub that is full of real ale drinkers, and would not be able to cope with a few pints of the local brews either.

Let me know if you are about in the future and there will be a decent beer waiting.

They don't let away fans in there, although when we tried to get in it was for a County game, do they let away fans in for Forest games?

1 hour ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

They don't let away fans in there, although when we tried to get in it was for a County game, do they let away fans in for Forest games?

Not a place i bother with myself, but those that do say many away fans in there without drawing attention (shirts covered as any wise fan that just wants a drink will do).

As i said the Navigation is a trouble free zone with great beers and many screens for the early kick offs.

Edited by CloughandTaylor

I have mixed some of your predictions with my own thoughts today to form two accumulators:

Reading -1
Brighton -1
Leeds
Cardiff DNB
4Xtrippels (need 3/4 to double the money)

Brighton - Wigan Over 2,5 Goals
Preston - Norwich Over 2,5 Goals
Derby - Huddersfield Over 2,5 Goals
Birmingham - Burton Under 2,5 Goals
4xtrippels (need 3/4 to make a profit)

I am counting on big wins for Britghton and Reading. Both teams have motivation and is playing at home against teams on the bottom half and in bad form. Leeds is a great home team and is always playing with a lot of spirit. Wolves dont got too much to play for and comes to Leeds from two straight loses. 

Expecting a lot of goals in this round as teams open up.  Except in Birmingham where two low scoring teams will meet. Sometimes this kind of games go against the statistics as both teams go for the win. But today Birmingham and Burton has more to lose than win. I think both teams will be careful and might be satisfied with a draw

On 16/04/2017, 10:09:44, sajtion said:

my picks for this round are 

blackburn, reading, preston, leeds, southend, scunthorpe, rochdale, colchester, accrington, portsmouth, wimbledon btts, cambridge btts

stake £20 returns £20.000

good luck

blackburn - what the hell..win away lose at home shit

preston - always knew norwich could score meh

leeds - well leeds can't win always another thumbs down 

southend - dried up on goals or totally forgot how to score

colchester - wasted opportunity, oh and i hate morecambe mini revival

cambridge -it looked like end to end stuff before kick off but how exeter didn't score i don't know

wimbledon - embarrassing out of all games i pick btts this one finishes 0-0 

Edited by sajtion

6 hours ago, CloughandTaylor said:

Three singles today at odds against.

Leeds 2.14

Cardiff 2.34

Burton 3.75

All way too big imo.

Profit of 4.09. Leeds pick was a damp squib as no show first half.

Typical of the bbc to claim that poor Leeds and Newcastle would be feeling it after the battle on Friday, wtf.

Tennis is far more physical than the less demanding sport of football, often get 3 hour matches that are often brutal before turning out again two days later.

The likes of Newcastle have huge squads due to throwing money at it as do many PL clubs, play in a virtually non contact sport and then claim fatigue :lol

On 16/04/2017, 23:12:09, Tiffy said:

I am expecting Brighton to beat Wigan tmrw & seal promotion. They will need to get something as they are fighting relegation, but we should be too strong for them.

After Newcastle. Slipped up on Friday, I expect them to take the game to Ipswich. The corner count against Leeds was 19-0. I reckon Newcastle could easily cover the handicap here. 

Yep, we were too strong for them. They offered little in the final 3rd, although a late goal meant a nervy last 5 minutes. We also had 2 ruled out for offside, so it felt like we should have won by more. Anyway, we now have a massive chance to win the title on Friday, and to be honest I think that we will! I did post a few weeks ago and say that Newcastle are heading for a wobble, and they are positively wibbly wobbling into the play offs! Come on 'Udders', come and join us at their expense.

Newcastle did manage to win the corner count though 2-7, so covered the -1 handicap at 1.85

I have just spoken to a Newcastle fan, who has been on the forums this morning, and apparently all is not well with Benitez. Seems like he will be off at the end of the season whatever happens. Personally, I think he he may have been tapped up by someone already. It will all add up to an intersting end of season.

PS- Yes that was me on the pitch after the game! Greatest thing of all, my 19year old son said it was the best day of his life. Although, on Friday,he is off to Carrow Rd, so it could be another greatest day for him. 

On 17/04/2017, 10:57:51, CloughandTaylor said:

If you guys stay up this season definitely heading up next season so will give you a buzz. Congratulations to @Tiffy as well! You boys deserve it! A club going places for sure.

Thanks @StevieDay1983 & to everyone for the nice comments.

i can't believe we are 3/1 to win on Friday. The players had a night out on Monday  with the fans, & are really pumped up to win the title on Friday. Looks a no brainier for me. There will be a massive party in the away end. The club have paid for free coach travel & drinks & pies at the ground. Nice touch that.

Also Newcastle to cover the corner handicap again. They have to try and win to keep Huddersfield at bay. Their corner count in the last 2  games is 26-2. The crowd will be urging them on to finish 2nd (he hopes) but they lack goals, so perhaps Preston can exploit that?

NEWCASTLE

-3 CORNERS 2.1

-2 CORNERS 1.7

BRIGHTON

TO WIN  2.7

BRIGHTON X2 1.57

BRIGHTON HT/FT 4.5