** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Easter Fixtures > Apr 15th - 17th

eplratings.jpg.2113c2cbfaeaa0a438c957bce

My internet went offline as I posted this so didn't get a chance to tag you guys in!

@sajtion, glad I wasn't the only one that thought Arsenal wouldn't bottle job it. So many trends bucked from this history books by that game last night. We can't be blamed for thinking the result would swing other ways. What bets are you lining up here mate?

@andrewcalo, Swansea's plight becoming ever more desperate. If you fail to win against Watford then are you effectively down?

@Mindfulness, how's your head this morning? Bet you're buzzing after last night. After Leicester lost against Everton and face a tough away Champions League fixture in midweek you have to fancy your chances here right?

@Sir Puntalot, bang on with the over 2.5 goals prediction. You're rivalling @betcatalog in that market for rates of success now!

@AndreBR, a big welcome to the fold after last week's punt. What have you got lined up this weekend?

@mrclubbie, yes, you were nuts to back Middlesbrough but they didn't lose... so you were a bit closer than I thought you'd be. What about these games?

@neilovan, you saw that Tottenham result coming a mile off. Keen to hear your predictions for these games.

@allyhibs, on the winning trail backing Chelsea last weekend. Reckon they can win here against Manchester United?

@Judeksi, just off with that West Ham prediction. Any stand out bets for you this weekend?

@Tiffy, hit us with some of your corners bets! The Premier League section is missing a treat!

@KikoCy, your treble BTTS call almost came off. Just one goal off. What do you like this weekend?

Also keen to hear from @Bett, @zemo91, @Sm0k3rZ, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch, and @WinningAdvice.

1 hour ago, andrewcalo said:

@StevieDay1983 tell us what you like the look of this week!

After my awful thoughts on the Palace game last night I'm going to take some time to think about what I've done and give myself 12 lashings of the cat of nine tails!

I actually fancy Manchester United to get something against Chelsea.

I would have to agree with Palace and Everton over 2.5. You just can't trust a Tony Pulis side to have goals in their games though. If the game starts against their plan then he tightens up shop and completely kills the game. If he thinks his side has a chance then he'll be a bit more courageous. I can see them sitting back and letting Liverpool keep possession. That's how teams have beaten Liverpool. Don't let them use their gurgenpressen (or whatever the hell it's called) and you can hit them on the break. Let them waste possession and force the errors.

Everyone is bad mouthing Arsenal, but I think you have to give Palace a lot of credit. Game plan and tactics were brilliant. Work rate excellent. Palace are a decent side. They just had a terrible time under Pardew. It's amazing to see Zaha coming on. He has 9 assists this season. AT 12.5million he was Fergie's gift to Moyes (who wouldn't know talent if it hit him on the forehead), who never played him. It's a pity that Allerdyce crapped the bed at England, because I think they could have done things. Southgate, come on, wet behind the ears.

I think the Man United v Chelsea game will be interesting for the following reasons...

1) Mourinho lost twice to Chelsea this season. Shown up in the league game. It has to be burning him.

2) He would love to throw a spnner in their Championship ambitions, Especially to those guys that betrayed him last season.

3) He needs to see how far Man United are off the pace, are they able to play with these guys ?

I don't think you can make a bet, until you see the Thursday night Europa. If United score early, he will take players off, and close up. That game determines a lot about the starting 11 on Sunday.  

Again I go with the HT/FT Spurs win over Bournemouth. At the moment no team is playing better than Spurs. They are dominant at home, and opponents cannot stop/contain their wingbacks / fullbacks. Bournemouth have taken 6 points out of a possible 30, and I think their troubles continue.

I think the 1.75 is a decent price for the HT/FT HW.

This is a tough weekend IMO.

Crystal Palace - Leicester over 2,5 might be the bet I'm taking. Everton had problems with their defensive lineup against Leicester, but Leicester also leaked 4 goals against them. CP also has a lot of firepower, Zaha, Benteke etc.. Maybe small stakes for this one but this looks tempting to me.

Edited by Judeksi

On 12/04/2017, 10:20:29, Judeksi said:

This is a tough weekend IMO.

Crystal Palace - Leicester over 2,5 might be the bet I'm taking. Everton had problems with their defensive lineup against Leicester, but Leicester also leaked 4 goals against them. CP also has a lot of firepower, Zaha, Benteke etc.. Maybe small stakes for this one but this looks tempting to me.

Yeah, the goals market is likely to be the focus of attention for a few games this round. Tensions are rising and mistakes become more common. What odds have you got for that outcome?

English Premier League
Tottenham v Bournemouth
Bet: Tottenham To Win & Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.67 Paddy Power
Estimated Win Percentage: 65%

English Premier League
Man Utd v Chelsea
Bet: Chelsea To Win - Draw No Bet @ 2.05 Bet Victor
Estimated Win Percentage: 56% (ex. push)

Champions League
Monaco v Borussia Dortmund
Bet: Both Teams To Score & Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.53 Coral
Estimated Win Percentage: 73%

This is a pretty decent treble that pays over 3/1.

From my betting log: https://forum.punterslounge.com/topic/159737-betting-log-division/

Everton -1.5 -- Burnley's away form is still the main reason why I back against them

Man Utd 1x2 -- Having faith in Mourinho to beat his previous club. One thing I am wary is whether will this become yet another stalemate. Anyway, Man Utd not won Chelsea since 2012, not won at home against Chelsea since 2011

Middlesbrough under 3 -- Boro looks fated to go back to Football League, Arsenal also not doing very well either. May be a tight scoreline after all.

4 hours ago, mrclubbie said:
4 hours ago, mrclubbie said:

Man Utd 1x2 -- Having faith in Mourinho to beat his previous club. One thing I am wary is whether will this become yet another stalemate. Anyway, Man Utd not won Chelsea since 2012, not won at home against Chelsea since 2011

This game is a 0-0 draw if ever I've seen one.

Edited by andrewcalo

Watford v Swansea

Typical end of season motivational pricing going on here and I'm all over it but not on Swansea. ;) 

Watford are solar systems ahead of Swansea on the ratings and have been a pretty good side at home all season. How the hell are Swansea almost joint favourites? Get the hell out of here! :loon 

Really confident on this and it's part of the PL Acca here https://www.punterslounge.com/tips/free-football-betting-tips (updated at 10pm each day) :ok 

I also like Over 2.5 Goals Sunderland v West Ham and Palace v Leicester.

Setup in the near future will be accas only on football tips pages, they're just so much more exciting than boring singles. :nana Will also be a dedicated accas page giving us the ability to mix some sports together in one. :ok Nearly done with all the new stuff thank god! 

3 minutes ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Setup in the near future will be accas only on football tips pages, they're just so much more exciting than boring singles. :nana Will also be a dedicated accas page giving us the ability to mix some sports together in one. :ok Nearly done with all the new stuff thank god! 

Looks like my time on punters lounge is at an end.

1 minute ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Oh you thought I meant on the forum @Mindfulness? Not at all!

Just here https://www.punterslounge.com/tips/free-football-betting-tips - a lot of people asking on email for me to produce accas based on the ratings, but I'll still be putting my point of view across on the forum about the matches. ;) 

Oh ok, thought I was being shown the door for a minute :cry

I'll call addpea and tell him the suicide pact is cancelled...

For now.

Hi guys!

It was a good start for me here in the forum last week hehehe. Lukaku was thirsty for goals and needed to re-score and if I'm not mistaken, he reached the seventh straight game at Godison Park.

This week's Card did not strike me as interesting. I thought of a Stoke vs. Hull Btts, but Potters without Allen and Adam could be an offensive problem.

For Saturday I will go Crystal Pace AH -0.75 @ 2.05 (Bet365) 4/5 unit

I believe Palace will take advantage of the Foxes, who will be focused on the King Power turnaround by the Champions League.

Southampton v Manchester City

Southampton: Oriol Romeu (28/0 m, suspended), Sofiane Boufal (16/1 m), Virgil van Dijk (21/1 d), Alex McCarthy (0/0 g), Matt Targett (4/0 d), Charlie Austin (13/6 f, top scorer)

Manchester City: Bacary Sagna (16/0 d), Ilkay Gundogan (10/3 m), Gabriel Fernando de Jesus (4/3 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Premier League:

Everton have won their last 7 home games in Premier League.
Tottenham have won their last 11 home games in Premier League.
Everton have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 7 home games in Premier League.

Interesting 39 Football Betting Streaks for 15.04.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-15-04-2017

Two interesting developments after the midweek games.

Crystal Palace are going to beat Leicester. Leicester have a real chance in the Champions League, and will probably rest 5 players. Their focus is totally on next week. This game means nothing. They are safe from relegation, and have no motivation here. Leicester in the Champions League NEXT WEEK is their once in a lifetime shot !

Having watched the Anderlecht v Man United game on Thurs, I gotta say that Man United are just average. It's just unwatchable !

Everything is wrong. Tactics, intensity, desire, work-rate, players. Valencia must have gone down the right side 25 times, and stopped, turned, kicked the ball backwards 23 times. Fellaini just shuffles along, making these useless sideways passes 20 times a game. Ibrahimovic is so slow, like a petrol tanker in the days of sports cars. Does it help United to have a 35 year old leading the line, to the detriment of Martial and Rashford ? Does it really help to play Carrick when his days are also numbered ?

Which players are doing better than expected ? The whole team, from manager to players look slightly lost.  United underwhelm almost every  time they play.

A couple of interesting stats. In last 13 home league games in EPL Man United have the lowest goals per game average (total goals in game / # of games). Their average of 1.69 compares to the highest (Bournemouth 3.61). In 10 of 13 games United have scored 1 goal or less. Compare this to Liverpool who have scored 2 or more in 11 of 13 home games.

United have won 4 of these games. These include wins over  Watford, Sunderland, Middlesbrough (wow great stuff). Forget blaming the strikers. These stats indicate something is wrong with the style of play and the tactics ? Not once this season has Mourinho really gone after the opposition. Give it a go, get stuck in and beat them 5-2 !!! Sure beats the hell out of watching 1 shot at goal every 25 minutes.

I would be really surprised if United got anything against Chelsea. They are miles of the pace !  

Chelsea away win here  at odds of 2.95

Edited by neilovan

Well it will be interesting to see the Leicester lineup today to see how serious they are actually taking the Palace game. Obviously UCL quarter-finals is massive for them and they're still in it. Wes Morgan is out which is a boost for Palace.

1.80 for Palace is not really juicy enough for me to get involved today, Leicester are a good team in good form and they can hurt you when they go full cavalier. It's true that Palace played with great confidence against Arsenal which is encouraging but just because we won 3-0 doesn't mean we're gonna roll over the next team that shows up, football doesn't follow that logic.

Palace seems to be the public bet of the day :lol I hope it works out for everyone :drums but I am not getting involved as I think markets have priced this one correctly.