** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Easter Fixtures > Apr 11th - 16th

champratings.jpg.edc806cc6ddf207a222e78b

league1ratings.jpg.a6a621be42d2be9df866c

league2ratings.jpg.f85b2ed07d6c5c54fc743

splratings.jpg.0d6bb3e66193e622397e574f1

The first part of the packed Easter fixture schedule can be found above with odds and ratings available. Brace yourselves, this is going to be a very tricky and turbulent period for us as punters and fans. A lot of teams have erratic form as teams fight for their lives and honours. Some of us will see our teams relegated and others will see our teams enjoy the elation of titles and/or promotions. Best of luck on all fronts guys!

@Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @allyhibs, @skyblues88, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @sajtion, @Icongene, @Punki85, @DW_United, @discipline, @dogmeister, @MuineBheag, @Vcg2007, @amtopm, @KingSoccertips, @kulikTS, @waynecoyne, and @betcatalog, you are all vital members in this section whose opinions are truly valued. What are you thinking regarding these fixtures? Also, any inside information you can give on your own team would be very helpful.

that's definitely better. i think leeds could get draw at newcastle i am seeing wigan, derby, huddersfield all winning and in terms of....

league 1

i think odds on port vale win are huge. they must win to avoid dropping further into relegation. there is two ways this match can go for sheffield utd. if they are in party mood and really want to celebrate promotion they could play full strength or be less ambitions and play younger players which would work in port vale favor. i am liking millwall, shrewsbury, scunthorpe, swindon and bradford to win

league 2 

in terms of portsmouth vs plymouth. i don't understand the odds here. plymouth are too underestimated and i think they could get at least draw. i'm liking damn blackpool again and surely they will get real and stop messing about. i also like stevenage and see quite few draws.

these games seem draws to me so not getting involved in them

crawley draw

wycombe draw

hartlepool draw

grimsby draw

crew draw

colchester draw

i guess my long shot coupon is going to be something like this

huddersfield, derby, swindon, bradford, shrewsbury, millwall, blackpool, stevenage, wigan. it could still change as i look more into it

stake £15 returns £15.000

12 hours ago, Icongene said:

Brentford v Derby - BTTS is a banker.

Bristol City should be feeling pretty good about themselves after the weekend and I've got a feeling QPR have gone into 'switch off' mode. Maybe worth looking at.

Also I quite like Sheff Wed to beat Cardiff, another squad that might already be looking towards next season.

Woah, woah, woah... betting against Cardiff?! You're probably right. That said, Warnock is a former Blade so he'll really want to get one over on the Owls. Wednesday will also have huge pressure on them to make the play-offs so we might catch them off. Don't expect us to give less than 100% though. It's just frustrating that we have a terrible record at Hillsborough recently.

6 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Woah, woah, woah... betting against Cardiff?! You're probably right. That said, Warnock is a former Blade so he'll really want to get one over on the Owls. Wednesday will also have huge pressure on them to make the play-offs so we might catch them off. Don't expect us to give less than 100% though. It's just frustrating that we have a terrible record at Hillsborough recently.

Wednesday are definitely not a banker but they're solid at (h) and given the push they made last year I don't see the pressure being THAT big a deal for the squad this time around.

Cardiff will be tricky but a narrow (h) win is my initial feelings.

27 minutes ago, sajtion said:

i've finally decided on my acca this round. i am going with these...

millwall, swindon, scunthorpe, bristol rovers, southend, bradford, blackpool, exeter, cambridge, newport

stake £10 returns £15.000

Scunthorpe no doubt trash that coupon!

27 minutes ago, Icongene said:

Scunthorpe no doubt trash that coupon!

i looked into that match and though mk dons have been in good form in last few weeks but when you further analyse their wins and draws have come against relegation threatened teams swindon, port vale, coventry, gillingham. i don't actually fancy them against promotion hopefuls scunthorpe so for me i think it's good choice.

Scunthorpe just concede far too many. I've lost count of the number of accas they've crushed of yours since the start on the year.

Edit: They've won 6 games since January 1st and you seem to take them around 75% of the time. Very strange.

GL though.

Edited by Icongene

I'm going to be honest, I'm amazed Wigan are priced as low as they are for their game with Barnsley tomorrow. Barnsley are a very awkward side and have proven they can do the business on the road. Wigan even struggled against Rotherham and have looked poor ever since Caldwell left. I really wouldn't fancy them at 2.05. Any thoughts on over 2.5 goals for this game?

i favour wigan to win this match and i actually see them surviving relegation dog fight. the difficult part is determining if this match is 1-0 wigan or 2-1 wigan. there are always a set of circumstances that could play out here but everytime i overanalyze i get confused. barnsley have only managed 1 win in 9 games so i don't buy that they are somehow superior. the home advantage, fan support and absolute must win game for wigan is going to rise everyone adrenaline so i am going on wigan with medium stakes

Wigan vs Barnsley

I don't see much wigan winning this one, in the last 5 matches won just the game against the relegated Rotherham, playint at home.

Burnsley is not in a good streak, but I think that the odds for burnsley DNB are surreal for the incertain result that is to come

So, because of the valuable odds I`m going with Burnsley DNB @ 2,5

That was a close one, Wigan`s turnover in 10min got me by the balls haha

Edited by Vcg2007

Wolverhampton v Brighton

Wolverhampton: Helder Costa (35/10 m, probably in), Carl Ikeme (31/0 first goalkeeper, doubtful), Jordan Graham (0/0 m), Joe Mason (17/3 f), Connor Ronan (4/0 m), Michal Żyro (0/0 m), Sílvio (2/0 d)

Brighton: Sam Baldock (30/11 f, 2nd top scorer), Shane Duffy (31/2 d), Connor Goldson (5/0 d), Sam Adekugbe (1/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Just managing to have a quick look at Fridays fixtures.

Brighton could secure promotion this weekend, and I fancy them to get something away at Wolves. If they can manage to get 3 points in the 5pm KO, there will be huge pressure on Newcastle who play at 7.45pm at home to Leeds. I also fancy Leeds to get something here, as they are pushing for the play offs & Newcastle are feeling the pressure at home in front of their expectant fans.

Agree with @Icongene that the Norwich V Fulham will be a goal fest.

Surely Birmingham are due a win too? They were unlucky last week, losing to a last minute route one effort from Derby. They should get 3 points against relegated Rotherham.

Sheff Weds may be too good for Cardiff (sorry @StevieDay1983), but again, a team pushing for play offs V a team with not much to play for. I agree that Warnock will have them fired up, but Sheff Weds may just be too strong at home here.

Luton should thrash Leyton Orient too. Odds on the straight win are crap, so perhaps a -2 AH bet on this on, or HT/FT?

Think we are leaving corners to the MLS this weekend!

Selections

LUTON/LUTON HT/FT 1.66

SHEFF WEDS 1.9

BIRMINGHAM 2.0

DERBY DNB 1.83

FUL V NOR 02.5&BTS 1.72

Will wait for the Brighton game to finish before deciding on Leeds. They are a similar price to Monaco against Dortmund.

9 hours ago, sajtion said:

i hope you learned your lessons boys. when teams are down and struggling that's when they are most dangerous. i knew they would play their hearts out and they deserved the comeback and win

Well done on sticking with Wigan in the face of such stern resistance, at 0-2 it must have looked bleak at odds of just over evens, one of the reasons you fancied Wigan was as you said "fan support", they never even had that in the PL which is why they find themselves in this position to be fair.

The only lesson for the "boys" to learn here was that they were correct to oppose odds that were so artificially short and a "must lay" on the exchange.

Plenty of cash traded at 0-2 to back that up and will be plenty of similar games today.

UK:

Rotherham have lost their last 10 games in Championship.
Rotherham have failed to win their last 15 games in Championship.
Bradford are undefeated in their last 21 home games in League 1.
Rotherham have failed to score in their last 4 home games in Championship.

Interesting 37 Football Betting Facts for 14.04.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-14-04-2017

Wolves v Brighton. AWAY @ 2.42.

Very surprised at the odds of 2.42 BF Exchange for Brighton, (2.24 is computer price) against a very average home side with much less to play for.

Fancied Forest to win at Wolves last week at around 4 ish,  Assombalonga`s shot hitting a defender on the goal line before Wolves went and scored on the break 20 seconds later was the pivotal factor in that game, has to be remembered that Forest are as far from Brighton in ability as they are in location. One of the main reasons for backing against Wolves last time was the two home defeats to Birmingham and Wigan in the last six games they hosted.

Forest v Blackburn. Home @ 2.22 BF Ex.

Huge game for both teams today as Forest can feel safe with 3 points while Blackburn winning will only leave part of the job done. This is not the hopeful bet of a fan, but the result of the upturn in fortune expected when Warburton became Forest manager. Was not expecting 3 points from the home game with high flying Huddersfield last week, but 3 points it was along with a resounding 2-0 success. The Terrier`s fans on twitter were happy not to have gone home with a 5/6-0 defeat and were surprised to have been comprehensively outplayed, fairly sure that those that commented will have noticed such a price on Forest today and i hope the fans will have the ground rocking again after what has been another disastrous seasonal performance by the owner of our club.

Maybe more later with team news and good look to fellow punters today, be careful though not to get involved in the false prices on offer as always at this time of the season, a must win is no guarantee of a result at a short price when a team has been average or poor of late.

Sky Bet have Plymouth at 9/2 at Pompey, no way should they be that with their away record. Plymouth are 4 points in front of Pompey and a place higher in the league and i'm struggling to see why they are priced so highly. Plymouth won at Doncaster recently are very good away from home. At that price they cannot be ignored.

Notts County have won 4 on the spin and seem a different proposition under Kevin Nolan and he has really turned them round, winning last time out at promotion chasing Carlisle. They are away at Crewe today and at 6/4, although not overly generous, we'll take them.

Lastly Coventry 19/10, deffo seen an upsurge in results since Mark Robins cam back to manage them, winning the FL Trophy and getting some results in the league. They take on Charlton at home.

Plymouth 9/2, Notts County 6/4 and Coventry 19/10 pays 38's....a slim chance with this one.

9 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Sky Bet have Plymouth at 9/2 at Pompey, no way should they be that with their away record. Plymouth are 4 points in front of Pompey and a place higher in the league and i'm struggling to see why they are priced so highly. Plymouth won at Doncaster recently are very good away from home. At that price they cannot be ignored.

Notts County have won 4 on the spin and seem a different proposition under Kevin Nolan and he has really turned them round, winning last time out at promotion chasing Carlisle. They are away at Crewe today and at 6/4, although not overly generous, we'll take them.

Lastly Coventry 19/10, deffo seen an upsurge in results since Mark Robins cam back to manage them, winning the FL Trophy and getting some results in the league. They take on Charlton at home.

Plymouth 9/2, Notts County 6/4 and Coventry 19/10 pays 38's....a slim chance with this one.

Plymouth 9/2?!? How did I miss that! Shows how busy I am! :unsure Even though it didn't win, ridiculous odds and a great spot.

On 11/04/2017, 17:42:51, sajtion said:

i've finally decided on my acca this round. i am going with these...

millwall, swindon, scunthorpe, bristol rovers, southend, bradford, blackpool, exeter, cambridge, newport

stake £10 returns £15.000

millwall -  good

swindon - bad, i thought they would nick it but didn't

scunthrorpe - good

bristol rovers - bad, gillingham wanted it more

southend - good 

bradford - good

blackpool - bad, were the better side and should have won

exeter  - good

cambridge - bad, the change of manager did it for grimsby. cambridge are unreliable, definitelly yo yo club

newport - good

6 out of 10 but wish i went for bristol city, huddersfield, brentford, brighton instead of losing pack above