** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Apr 7th - 9th

champratings.jpg.407787857e461b18b6be82c

league1ratings.jpg.9a4eb2cc1ea3f67d44c91

league2ratings.jpg.8acc01f0e3ffa6ecc4a12

splratings.jpg.d352713e55db6b082c7ad6b38

A quick turnaround here after a full midweek schedule across Europe. Give us your thoughts. Have added League of Ireland odds to this after a request last week. So feel free to comment on any matches that take your fancy.

@Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @allyhibs, @skyblues88, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @sajtion, @Icongene, @Punki85, @DW_United, @discipline, @dogmeister, @MuineBheag, @Vcg2007, @amtopm, @KingSoccertips, and @betcatalog.

Brighton will be in for a tough game against QPR. I think that they should be good enough to get at least a point though. 

I may be tempted to take QPR on the corner count, as Brighton just don't have a lot of corners. Although QPR don't have anything to play for, so they may be focusing on their summer hols now.

Don't know what else I like the look of on this weeks coupon, perhaps Derby to beat Birmingham? Gary Rowett seems to have fired them up a bit & will he will be returning to a ground where he will want to prove a point to the Chinese owners.

Does anyone else think that Celtic could be opposed? They have won the title, and as with teams that have won titles, their foot may be going off the gas now.  A draw midweek against Patrick could suggest this. They have Kilmarnock on Sat, who need a win to confirm them staying up (Is this right, not sure how the Scottish leagues work)

@Icongene, & @allyhibs, what do you think?

@Tiffy

Celtic are closing in on going the whole league season unbeaten and I think they'll do it. I can't see them taking the foot off the gas when they have the cup semi final against rangers in a couple of weeks time either. Also Kilmarnock are honking, I wouldn't back them to beat Hearts, never mind Celtic.

You know what'll happen now don't you!!!!!!

2 hours ago, allyhibs said:

@Tiffy

Celtic are closing in on going the whole league season unbeaten and I think they'll do it. I can't see them taking the foot off the gas when they have the cup semi final against rangers in a couple of weeks time either. Also Kilmarnock are honking, I wouldn't back them to beat Hearts, never mind Celtic.

You know what'll happen now don't you!!!!!!

Thank you oh wise one!

After digesting your valued and informed opinion,I'll definitely be backing Killie, haha:cheers

Reckon Brighton should be to good for us.. but our home form is pretty good.. staying away from this one! 

All over Derby away to Birmingham.. Rowett has a point to prove after his ridiculous sacking at Birmingham! 

Blackpool at home to Grimsby.. Blackpool need this win for play offs and Grimsby have nothing to play for. Grimsby also don't score a lot away from home.

other notable prices... wolves away look very good at the moment.

reading away.. Ive noticed the bookies continually price them wrong.. they showed that at home to Blackburn last game at 2.15... never should've been those odds.

also Newcastle away to Sheffield weds seem big.. 

enough from me ha ... before I tip every game! 

The ELO ratings have all been updated after they were encountering some issues yesterday.

My Cardiff City analysis this week is a bit indecisive. We have only won one of our last seven league games. It feels like since we hit the "safe" 50 point mark that Warnock is trying new things for next season. Some stuff is working, some stuff isn't. In our game against Barnsley he gave a few fringe players a chance to impress and secure their space in the squad next season. We earned a decent 0-0 draw but a few players such as Declan John, Anthony Pilkington, and Craig Noone didn't do enough and I can see all three leaving in the summer.

It's a shame because I've always been a big fan of John. He started most of our games in our Premier League season and earned rave reviews. Unfortunately, Solskjaer didn't like him at all and he was shipped out on loan. He then found it hard to get back into the fold and spent spell-after-spell on loan or in the reserves under Slade and Trollope so his career has stalled. I think he needs to leave and have a full season with a League One side to get back to his best. I'd say after Ben Davies and Neil Taylor, he's then the next best left back in Wales when he's purring. Potential to be even better than Taylor.

Pilkington and Noone have just fallen victim to an array of injuries. Noone tore up teams in the Premier League but suffered knee ligament damage and is a shot horse now. Doesn't have the pace or agility to beat his man which was his trademark. Pilkington just doesn't trust his own body so is too conservative in games.

These are all reasons why I think we will do well to get a win from our home games and draws from our away games. Warnock will ensure our fight alone will see us battle until the bitter end but we lack the quality and need an overhaul in the summer. A few players are already playing knowing they won't be here next season and that's impacting our form. I'd be surprised if we won tomorrow but I'd hope we can get a draw. Brentford have won three on the bounce so they will be buzzing. A win could see them potentially move to within 7 points of the play-offs with 5 games left so their season is far from done.

QPR v Brighton

QPR: Ravel Morrison (4/0 m, doubtful), Kazenga LuaLua (9/1 m, on loan from Brighton), Jordan Cousins (18/0 m), Steven Caulker (13/2 d)

Brighton: Lewis Dunk (37/2 d, illness, probably in), Sam Baldock (30/11 f, 2nd top scorer, doubtful), Shane Duffy (31/2 d), Connor Goldson (5/0 d), Sam Adekugbe (1/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I agree re- Birmingham v Derby. The (a) side look tempting at that price given the effect the manager has had in a few games. Birmingham are just utter crap and have nothing to play for.

Also Falkirk away to Dundee Utd in the Scottish Championship, they are priced around 3.4 which is very high considering they sit in 2nd, ahead of United in 4th and they have a much better GD.

Might look at the DnB as Dundee United are decidedly average for a 'big team' in that league and will very much struggle to go up this season.

•  QPR V BRIGHTON
  •  
  • QPR are unbeaten in their last 11 games in all competitions against Brighton at Loftus Road (W5 D6), last losing in September 1957.
  • Brighton have gone eight matches without defeat against the west London side, winning four and drawing four.
  • Anthony Knockaert has had a hand in four goals in his last two games against QPR (three goals, one assist).
  • QPR haven't kept a clean sheet at Loftus Road in the Championship since a 1-0 win over Bristol City in October.
  • Brighton are unbeaten in their last seven Championship fixtures contested on a Friday, winning six (D1).
  • QPR's last nine Championship goals have all been scored at home.
  •  

Looks like it is destined to finish in a score draw!

what is the reason people rate this qpr. they are 16th and hardly have done anything this season and some think this will be hard match for brighton who are definitely getting promotion. brighton are at least two levels above qpr and should walk it tonight. i expect them to score at least two goals and win.

1 hour ago, sajtion said:

what is the reason people rate this qpr. they are 16th and hardly have done anything this season and some think this will be hard match for brighton who are definitely getting promotion. brighton are at least two levels above qpr and should walk it tonight. i expect them to score at least two goals and win.

Reason being at home were a different side all together. Yes we're 16th but Holloway is starting to really make us play and are home form hopefully is starting to look very strong. Oh and if I read correctly Brighton haven't beaten us since 1953 at loftus road 

Well @sajtion good job you are not homeless tonight! Another record broken tonight @rangers234, the second one this season as we beat Sheff Weds for the first time at Hillsboro in over 100years.

Sounded like a good game & great atmosphere, always good at Loftus Rd, I love that ground, it's a proper old school London stadium. Think you were probably a bit unlucky not to snatch a draw, but I am delighted with the win.

I'll grab the over 2.5 goals in the Cardiff v Brentford match. I think Warnock will keep pushing this squad right until the end of the season. He knows no other way and the players appear to have bought into him as they are much better than before he came in. Cardiff will make up for their lack of ability by fighting for everything. I think the manager has been openly disappointed in recent performances and I can really see the (h) side coming out to prove a point. Brentford are high on confidence after 3 wins on the bounce and can be dangerous on the counter which has already seen them bag a few goals this year and therefore a charged up (h) side might play into their hand.

+2.5 at 1.80 - WON

Also, have decided to get on Falkirk +1 at 1.65. I really think they have a decent chance of sneaking this one as Dundee United can't seem to defend and have done poorly vs the top teams in the league so far this season. 

Falkirk +1 at 1.65 - WON

Edited by Icongene

@Icongene has beat me to it.

I've been eyeing up Falkirk all week and can't believe the bookies have priced them so big. I've said it before, Dundee Utd have been over-rated all season and a look at the form table tells you everything about this game. 3.50 for the away win is a huge price but i'll play a little bit safer, Falkirk won't get beat here and the 1.65 for Falkirk +1 is my bet of the day.

On a similar note, 2 teams on good form in the English Championship versus 2 teams with patchy form to say the least, Wolves +1 and Reading +1 double pays 2.62, lubbly jubbly.

Hibs have let me down once too often lately so I'm giving them a miss today. You just know what will happen now!!!!

Edited by allyhibs

Todays bets are picking themselves, no need for too much strenuous home work here, everyone is all over Derby and I'll jump on the bandwagon at 11/8 thats too tasty to pass up. As described, Rowett has them galvanised and will be no doubt pumped up about the perceived injustice of his sacking at St Andrews.

Wolves have won 5 on the bounce and travel to the pretty hapless Bristol City who after a mini revival of 2 consecutive wins have totally lost the plot again losing 2-0 at Brentford and taking a right pounding 5-0 at Preston midweek, can't see anything here but an away win and at 9/5, we got to be on that.

Aston Villa 5/4 make the short hop geographically to Burton. Villa who have seen a real upturn in form of late winning the last 4 and conceding no goals in this period either. Be interesting to see how Villa cope with them, Burton just make themselves a real pain in the arse to play against, continually time wasting, niggly fouls, feigning injury and jet being an all round pain in the arse, as my team found out to their cost last week.

Lastly, going to include Newcastle 7/5 away at Wednesday who are no great shakes and are in real danger of losing their play off spot to Fulham. Newcastle are hardly in sparkling form either seemingly stumbling their way to results and to the finish line, although they are still getting those results and their away form is unbelievably good.

Derby 11/8, Wolves 9/5, Aston Villa 5/4 and Newcastle 7/5 pays 34/1

Edited by Kenton Schweppes

Montrose must hate playing Elgin this season conceding 12 goals in 3 games in the league, a right bogey side.  Bookies have chosen to ignore this and also the fact that Elgin are unbeaten in their last 9 home games.  They are looking at Elgins recent draws and lack of goals at home. Elgin will welcome this game and i would rather side with my stats and take the 10/11 offered for the home win.

Jack Ross is a good young manager with potential, his teams play good football. St Mirren should put away a stuffy Dumbarton side at home today. They are in form taking 10 points out of their last 12 games. Dumbarton can beat any team on their day but are way inconsistent and i fancy the Buddies here to continue their move away from Relegation. Jack Ross has finally got the team playing to their potential after fixing the problems of the old regime. Ignore the fact St Mirren are bottom, If Mr Ross had been in charge at the beginning of the season St Mirren would be contesting the playoffs imo. I'll take the 8/11.

Double pays 2.3/1

Edited by dogmeister

7 hours ago, Icongene said:

Also, have decided to get on Falkirk +1 (ah) at 1.65. I really think they have a decent chance of sneaking this one as Dundee United can't seem to defend and have done poorly vs the top teams in the league so far this season. 

I dont think its ah, +1 ah is 1.33 best price

Edited by salmonman