** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Midweek > Apr 4th & 5th

champratings.jpg.9775aafef62f93c0d1450b0

league1ratings.jpg.d721c0fe3d495a7f4fc92

splratings.jpg.c959a4e5a8093e11b35c80d9c

Here are the ELO ratings. Give us your thoughts guys!

@Tiffy, that was a massive weekend for you with your win and Huddersfield losing. It now seems a matter of when not if you seal promotion. Can you go a step closer this week?

@Kenton Schweppes, you were on the other side of it unfortunately.  Can you see your lads bouncing back this midweek?

@canaries91, a defeat for your boys means you are now clinging on to hopes of a play-off spot. Do you think you can win this week and keep your hopes alive?

@AVFCLuke, as an Aston Villa fan, do you guys still think there is an outside chance you can make the play-offs?

@CloughandTaylor, do you see that draw on the weekend as a point gained or two points lost? Still close at the bottom. What are your hopes and expectations for your game?

@rangers234, massive win for your boys on the weekend. Can you build on that and continue this solid end to the season?

@allyhibs, no Scottish Championship matches this midweek but maybe you can help us with the SPL games?

@skyblues88, congratulations on the EFL Trophy Final win! Very tough midweek game for your lads. Can they take something from Bramall Lane?

Also keen to hear from @salmonman, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @sajtion, @Icongene, @Punki85, @DW_United, @discipline, @dogmeister, @MuineBheag, @KingSoccertips, and @betcatalog.

P.s. @Vcg2007, a combination of not having any interest in the Republic of Ireland league and the odds not always being available soon enough with our affiliated bookies has led to the league not being covered. If you are keen to see it become included more regularly when possible then we can do so from this weekend.

leeds have taken a confidence knock in loss against reading and somehow i think they won't bounce back so quickly. i must oppose them here.

i am liking wigan to beat ipswich. ipswich can't win 8 draws in 10 games is ridiculous. i don't know what tactics they are playing but i am pretty sure they are not trying to win games. wigan should not be in relegation zone. they very good against newcastle even though lost. they will beat ipswich

i'd like to back fulham but it's far from certain in my head. they will be happy to in play offs but i just fear they will concede and that always brings a possibility of draw

bristol city, blackburn, nottingham forest have a lot to play for. they will all be under pressure to get a results

Yes @StevieDay1983, one Albion team doing the other a favour. It could have a massive effect on Tuedays game against Brum. I can only see a Brighton win here as they will be full of confidence now the gap has opened up to 9 points. Don't forget the superior goal difference, which now really takes it to 10/12 points.

BUT....I would go for a Brighton win & BTTS NO. Uwe Hudemier is performing like a superhero at the back with Dunky, and all injuured defenders are back fit now (apart from the long trerm Duffy & Goldson)

Think I may stick to the Prem midweek.

I will post some updates if I get time

Preston v Bristol.

Preston for me, were on a run of four straight home wins before saturday and on the fringe of the play off places. A much improved Forest performance so as the computer odds say 1.8 against Bristol the huge 2.2 Betfair Ex will be 50% better than expected.

Wolves v Forest.

At first glance Wolves four wins on the spin would see them a tad short in the odds at 1.91, but a solid home fancy.

Creditable win v Cardiff on Saturday but as this a home game let us look at the home form over the last five games previous to Cardiff.

Rotherham 1-0, Birmingham 1-2, Wigan 0-1, Newcastle 0-1, Villa 1-0. Nothing inspiring there and would have been odds-on in the first three as they are tomorrow.

Forest form can only be looked at since Warburton arrived, since then Home 2-2 with Derby and a draw at Preston that could have been won at HT with better finishing. Given how impressed the Preston fans were on twitter regarding this Forest performance, then this would suggest even further improvement from the Derby game. Having heard commentry from Saturday i am going with two bets here.

BTTS @ 1.84.

Forest @ 4.5

Would also like to congratulate skyblue88 on a great day as many of us have been where you`re club is now.

Edited by CloughandTaylor

5 hours ago, Tiffy said:

@skyblues88, Congrats on a great win Sunday. Hope you had a great day out. Saw plenty of Sky Blues fans around London. You have some good momentum now, will it help in the battle to stay up?

erm did i miss something? how much did the lucky man win?

some of you seem to be congratulating him. i don't know what about. do you care to point to thread where this magic happened?

1 hour ago, rangers234 said:

Villa to beat qpr is a decent price... home side have started playing pretty well and I don't reckon we will get anything out of this! Will be a 1 or 2 nil villa 

I like Villa here too.

I do wonder if QPR might go into 'nothing to play for mode' now the new manager bounce has worn off.

Your lot have improved a bunch but most of the consistency has come at Loftus Rd and Villa have been really solid at (h) of late (4 clean sheets in a row) and have a brilliant 7 clean sheets in 8 and I can't see Bruce letting them take the foot of the gas.

Preston seem pretty nice also against a team who look likely to fight it out with Blackburn for survival.

Edited by Icongene

Ipswich Town v Wigan Athletic

Ipswich Town: Tommy Smith (5/0 d), Tom Lawrence (30/9 m, top scorer), Teddy Bishop (18/0 m)(all doubtful), Cole Skuse (36/0 m, probably out), Luke Hyam (0/0 m), Adam Webster (22/1 d), Giles Coke (0/0 m)

Wigan Athletic: Omar Bogle (12/3 f), Andy Kellett (5/0 d), Will Grigg (33/5 f, top scorer), Ryan Tunnicliffe (5/0 m), Donervon Daniels (1/0 d), Nick Powell (15/1 m), Reece James (0/0 d), Jussi Jääskeläinen (9/0 g), Reece Burke (6/1 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

UK:

Ipswich have drawn their last 5 home games in Championship.
Rotherham have lost their last 8 games in Championship.
Aberdeen have won their last 7 home games in Premiership.
Barnsley have drawn their last 3 home games in Championship.
Birmingham have drawn their last 3 games in Championship.
Aston Villa have won their last 4 home games in Championship.

Interesting 30 Football Betting Streaks for 04.04.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-04-04-2017

10 hours ago, Icongene said:

I like Villa here too.

I do wonder if QPR might go into 'nothing to play for mode' now the new manager bounce has worn off.

Your lot have improved a bunch but most of the consistency has come at Loftus Rd and Villa have been really solid at (h) of late (4 clean sheets in a row) and have a brilliant 7 clean sheets in 8 and I can't see Bruce letting them take the foot of the gas.

Preston seem pretty nice also against a team who look likely to fight it out with Blackburn for survival.

Yeah have a feeling Holloway may change tactics and try and figure out what's best for away games. But we were second best to a Derby side that arnt great.. I really don't see us getting anything tonight. Think villa home form should see them through! 

13 hours ago, sajtion said:

some of you seem to be congratulating him. i don't know what about. do you care to point to thread where this magic happened?

@skyblues88 said:

"Twenty grand on my team. If that comes in I expect you'll all be congratulating me won't you. And so you should. And make sure to quote me on the bet if anyone misses this post. Cheers."

20 hours ago, sajtion said:

His team won the cup at Wembley. Doubt we will hear from him this week as he will be hungover, probably still in the fountain in Trafalgar Square!

EDIT, Sorry just read the earlier threads about him going large. Wow, think he will be getting the drinks in at the PUNTERSLOUNGE Christmas party!!!

Edited by Tiffy

I'll take a look at BTTS at 1.80 Wolves v Forest.

Seems reasonable to me. Both teams have a lot to play for essentially fighting for survival. Forest, despite poor form have still been finding the net on a regular basis (scored in 4 of last 5) and their new manager seems to have brought a bit of fight starting with two score draws.

Wolves are in good form and are rightly favourites but they've conceded in their last 3 and aren't at the bottom end of the table for nothing. Forest should cause them some trouble here.

Edited by Icongene

6 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

@skyblues88 said:

"Twenty grand on my team. If that comes in I expect you'll all be congratulating me won't you. And so you should. And make sure to quote me on the bet if anyone misses this post. Cheers."

Where did that come from?  I deffo didn't say that and i deffo didn't have £20,000 on us to win ...... it was hard enough sticking £10 on us to win lol!  

Have i been hacked? 

On 03/04/2017, 14:39:09, StevieDay1983 said:

@skyblues88, congratulations on the EFL Trophy Final win! Very tough midweek game for your lads. Can they take something from Bramall Lane?

Thanks @StevieDay1983 and other lads.

Was a brilliant day Sunday and I thought we deserved the win. We controlled the game, Oxford threatened after they scored. I just wish Mark Robins took over at Christmas, instead of that usless twat Russell Slade. He destroyed us. 2 points off safety when he joined, 17 points off safety when he left. I think if Robins took over at Christmas we would have had a decent chance at staying up. Hopefully momentum can carry on into the Sheffield Utd game but they are also on a good run and they'll want to take advantage of the Bolton slip up on Saturday. I can't see us getting anything there. Just a shame we are 99% certain of relegation, but now is the time to try and force SISU out. 

My selections are:

- BRIGHTON - to beat a struggling Birmingham side and put the pressure back on Newcastle. 

- SHEFF WEDS - to beat relegated Rotherham and keep their playoff push going. 

- ASTON VILLA - Villa's home form and quality should be enough. 

- NEWCASTLE - to beat Burton to regain top spot (if Brighton win tonight). 

888">
23 minutes ago, Skyblues 888 said:

I'm gonna stick my winnings from last week on Villa -4 tonight just got a funny feeling...

Will have to follow you on this big stakes. You're a trusted and respected tipper with a keen eye for a Cup winner.

Edit: Just stuck the wife and kids on it. 

Edited by Icongene

1 minute ago, Icongene said:

Will have to follow you on this big stakes. You're a trusted and respected tipper with a keen eye for a Cup winner.

Haha thats not me. My biggest stakes are not alot bigger than £10!!  

But if Villa -4 comes in, I hope whoever this is comes up with some more tips!! 

888">
13 hours ago, Skyblues 888 said:

Im'a speafing here wif a fouthful of miffing teefh, fanks a fucing lot sybues 88 yu fucing fanker

Now @andrewcalo- you wouldn't have just signed up under a different username would you? ;) Try to use a more mysterious email address next time, than starting with andrewcalo.... :ok This account will self destruct within the next 24 hours...