** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday (Inc Scoop6)

Saturday April 1st

Tote Scoop 6

58de59ddc8319_ScreenShot2017-03-31at14.2

Selections:

Leg 1: Mobsta 6/1 Bet365

We kick of with the new Turf Flat Season at Doncaster. Our first race is The Cammidge Trophy over 6f and a very competitive renewal we have on our hands. Godolphin's Birchwood will be popular as will last years winner Mobsta who goes for Mick Channon who had a winner in Ireland the other day, he will do for me.

Leg 2: Nimr 11/2 William Hill

This is the consolation race for the Lincoln and every bit as difficult as the main event. We have some decent horses in here including the Gosden runner Sacred Act who won on his only start last year. Nimr won the trail at Wolverhampton recently so is fighting fit and must have every chance.

Leg 3: Dutch Golden Age 9/2 William Hill

First trip to Kempton and the AW. 6f handicap the three last time out winners will be popular. Ditch Golden Age is my preference over Go Far and Hakam as the Gary Moore yard is good nick and the horse has won here over C/D 3 times.

Leg 4: Cymric 13/2 BetVictor

A Listed race over a mile and I like Godolphin's Cymric. He won on his debut for Charlie Appleby and last time out was third in a Group 2 contest and looks good enough in this contest. Former winner of this race Tullius and Custom Cut are others who may run well at a price.

Leg 5: Big Country 4/1 Bet365

Decent renewal of the Rosebery Handicap and last year this race went to a young progressive type. General Hazard and Big Country are 4yo's at the right end of the handicap and they look as good as anything else. Narrow vote to Big Country due to the Appleby/De Sousa combo,

Leg 6: Donncha 7/1 Bet365

Yuften is the favourite for the Lincoln but looks poor value for punters. Donncha is a very consistent type in thess big handicaps and was placed in the consolation race twelve months ago. Jamie Spencer has been booked so he looks an interesting runner along with the trends horse Dolphin Vista.

:ok

1.40 Stratford:

Excellent Team 5/4 Bet365 NAP
Dan Skelton has his horses in good form heading into Aintree and can pick up this race in the meantime with the ultra consistent Excellent Team. Been given six months off to miss the winter ground and knowing this yard he will be ready to do himself justice.

4.50 Uttoxeter

The Wallace Line 5/2 Coral NB
Tim Vaughan's top weight The Wallace Line looks good for this after his runners up spot at Warwick last time out. He stays extremely well and this is the first time he's been able to put a few runs together so can be expected to improve further and is not on a bad mark currently.

5.05 Stratford

Ballycoe 3/1 Bet365
An interesting runner for the in form team of Chris Gordon and Tom Cannon. Useful sort at the end of last season but has struggled a bit since. Drops down in class here and last time showed a glimpse that he could return to winning ways.

Spring mile 

Looks like fahey going for gold in this one too ...another touch looks an interesting horse here was progressive last year and recorded a nice speed figure last but one ....p hanagan again takes the ride ...he could be having a good day 14/1 looks good value ew

Faheys other runner Gabriel's Kaka also wsrrants respect ...got conditions to suit ..well treated so no firlorn 2nd string ...at 25/1 im a player 

Another touch 5pts ew 14/1 pp

Gabriel's Kaka 5pts ew 25/1 pp

Doncaster Preview - Lincoln Meeting

I'm all over the Fahey horses tomorrow to be honest. As I mentioned in the Lincoln thread, in March and April he has 1.25 actual winners to expected at a 17% strike rate over the last 9 seasons. In the Cammidge Birchwood should be suited going down in trip and has the best form running well up to Group 1 level. Absolutely So will probably need the run and Mobsta likes really soft ground which he won't get at a drying Doncaster. Next in the Spring Mile, Another Touch still looks progressive just going 4 years old after some decent efforts last season. Nimr has to prove himself on turf and although Sacred Act looks potentially smart too, he's very fragile so both have negatives at short prices.

A little concerned about the trip for Toscanini but Fahey's record at improving horses is good first time off another trainer and he should be ready to go off a break. He stays 7f well enough at the Curragh and Ascot which are two of the stiffest tracks around and the drying ground give hope things will work out over this distance. On form he's right up there with the market leaders so he's worth a shot at double figure prices. Crazy Horse is the big danger but he hasn't been able to replicate his 7f form over this mile distance. Dolphin Vista in the Lincoln is the one for me, still lightly raced, gelded and reportedly flying at home. Considered the Millman horses because he's a trainer who has them well forward usually but I didn't feel they were well treated. Emell could go well for Hannon too after running a promising race at Wolves last time. He's way better on the turf and was 6th off 5lbs higher last year but he hasn't won in a long time.

In the 2 year old maidens I'm going to swerve a bet as Evans has 2 year olds in both as well as Fahey. His record is not as robust as Fahey's because of the smaller sample and lower strike rate but I'll be following both of their newcomers throughout the season. In the 3 year old maiden the Appleby horse was eye-catching on debut and looks like drifting to a nice price. Really think Hold Sway will appreciate the step up in trip and considering Appleby's improve a ton for the run in general, he could come on significantly over this distance.

Do love a good bumper race and i feel trainer Alan King would be a little disappointed if his runner in the last at Stratford cant get Competitive, the horse in question was once with Sean Doyle but has been shipped over the water and is now under the care and attention of Alan King

The 5yr old has been at Barbury Castle since the autumn of last year and has yet to score for Mr King, he has however won a couple of P2P's but this is now his third run under A.K and he'll now be expected to contribute towards his new digs.

Mr King does have another horse in this race but jockey Wayne Hutchinson would have had first choice and the fact he's keeping loyal to this fella pretty much gives us all a little clue on his chances.

17:35 Stratford - Talkischeap  Win Bet

+ Small Cheeky Rev F/c with his other runner 

Edited by Jimmy2shoes

richard hannon jnr on itv was  on about his other chances today, and he wasnt hard pushed when smiling about bahar race 1815 chelms , spelt it out and told price 9/1

mug punter in me gets 11/2, and its into 5/2

im only sayin:ok

4 hours ago, corky said:

richard hannon jnr on itv was  on about his other chances today, and he wasnt hard pushed when smiling about bahar race 1815 chelms , spelt it out and told price 9/1

mug punter in me gets 11/2, and its into 5/2

im only sayin:ok

Book 1

Volume 1

Page 1

Paragraph 1

NEVER trust what a trainer says,  even more so when live on air 

Edited by Jimmy2shoes