** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Week > Mar 28th - Apr 2nd

champratings.jpg.ce3a88f16d107e790363614

league1ratings.jpg.01f80f23bb4ea4850e889

league2ratings.jpg.41ae1d86f89e713e4dc4b

splratings.jpg.a29209fa502047c5993de4533

Due to there only being a small number of fixtures across the leagues for this section this week I have combined them with next weekend's fixtures to create a bumper edition of the UK Football betting chat this week.

@skyblues88, we will start with you mate. Bet you're looking forward to a day out at Wembley! Another win and a clean sheet on the weekend. Surely, you have to be going into this EFL Trophy Final optimistic of victory!

@Kenton Schweppes, you boys need a win at home against Burton to keep up the pressure on Brighton and Newcastle. Can you put last game's defeat behind you?

@CloughandTaylor, no win in three league games for your side and hovering just one point above the relegation zone. Can you get something at Preston? A tricky game at the very least.

@Tiffy, things are looking good for your lot once again. You have an improving Blackburn at home. Surely you're expecting three points?

@canaries91, unbeaten in three league games for Norwich now. Life after Neil looking decent. Can you take something from Villa Park?

@rangers234, five wins from your last seven league games. Things are looking up for next season. Quietly optimistic about taking something from Derby? Bet you wished they'd not sacked McClaren!

@allyhibs, two matches for your lads here. Can you take 6 points and move to within touching distance of securing the title?

Also keen to hear from other regular contributors such as @salmonman, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @sajtion, @Icongene, @Punki85, @DW_United, @discipline, @dogmeister, @MuineBheag, and @betcatalog.

i feel a lot of home victories in this round. 

i'm going with this acca's this weekend and hopefully teams will be rested and no one complacent. this is the business end of games now and surely stronger teams are going to want to stay in promotion and play off places so...

tottenham, chelsea, huddersfield, doncaster, blackpool, mansfield, plymouth, rochdale, bolton, southend

stake £40 returns £15.000

52 minutes ago, andrewcalo said:

@sajtion going with an acca? Unheard of!

i've been getting close previous weeks but this one is going to win. i haven't stakes more than £15 in past weeks but this time i really fancy it. here are few more teams you may wish to consider in your acca although they are not my first choice

bradford, fleetwood town, stevenage, crewe, newport, brighton, fulham

Edited by sajtion

Im finding that British football is now moving into the 'impossible to predict anything' stage of the season when everyone runs around like mad men before working out what is and isn't achievable for the remainder of the season. At that point things usually settle down a bit (for example lots of teams with nothing to play for v teams with genuine promotion aspirations) and it's a bit easier to pick winners. So I'll probably only play one or two bets for the next 2/3 weekends.

One will probably be Brighton v Blackburn BTTS.

Also, at 1.40 to win (a) at Hearts that's the highest price Celtic have been all year on their travels. No idea why as Hearts are in free fall and we don't have any major injury doubts. We've been sluggish in our last few games but should easily have too much for Hearts. Celtic - 1(ah) at 2.05 looks massive.

Have to agree with @Icongene above.

Celtic cannot be ignored this weekend at these odds, it will be a straightforward away win to be crowned champions against a Hearts side who look like they have serious problems at the moment. Celtic win at 4/9 is my bet of the weekend, i'll also be having a bit on -1, -2 and -3. Fill yer boots guys.

I think Hibs will win tonight but the price is too short. We've been pretty poor at home lately too so I'm not hugely confident of us beating a handicap. Jason Cummings didn't score on Saturday so chances are he'll score tonight. Cummings anytime scorer at 3/4 is my bet. 

Wycombe - 1.91

Leyton Orient are 7 points adrift off safety with 7 games left and are showing no signs of fight, this year they have 2 wins, 1 draw and 13 defeats, they have lost each of their last 4 games by 3 or more goals, they also have a horrific home record which reads 3W, 1D, 16L. Wycombe are only 4 points off the play off places so will be very motivated here, before their defeat last weekend they went 5 games unbeaten after a poor run of 5 straight defeats, they dont have the best of away records with 6W, 5D, 9L but odds of 1.91 are too good to pass, i have also put small stakes on -2 at 7.50 and -3 at 21.00.

On 27/03/2017, 19:25:54, Icongene said:

Im finding that British football is now moving into the 'impossible to predict anything' stage of the season when everyone runs around like mad men before working out what is and isn't achievable for the remainder of the season. At that point things usually settle down a bit (for example lots of teams with nothing to play for v teams with genuine promotion aspirations) and it's a bit easier to pick winners. So I'll probably only play one or two bets for the next 2/3 weekends.

One will probably be Brighton v Blackburn BTTS.

Also, at 1.40 to win (a) at Hearts that's the highest price Celtic have been all year on their travels. No idea why as Hearts are in free fall and we don't have any major injury doubts. We've been sluggish in our last few games but should easily have too much for Hearts. Celtic - 1(ah) at 2.05 looks massive.

Yeah, you're right mate. I always had this rule that I would only bet on football when our 11 a side team was block booked to play on 3G. Our booking lasts from the first Thursday in September to the last Thursday in March. Before and after those dates I found results were a complete lottery. Still, I've abandoned that idea ever since I hit an 8 team accumulator back in 2010!

Also, @skyblues88, you must be relieved to have this fella backing you on the weekend!

https://t.co/IT1YsDoI0V (if any mods know how to embed this video into this post then feel free to edit accordingly!)

Just a heads up that Dembele has been training on his own today and may be a doubt for the game v Hearts. Lee Griffiths, our only other out and out striker has a back knock and will almost defo be out. 

Without them I'd be wary of taking TOO big a (ah).

9 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, you're right mate. I always had this rule that I would only bet on football when our 11 a side team was block booked to play on 3G. Our booking lasts from the first Thursday in September to the last Thursday in March. Before and after those dates I found results were a complete lottery. Still, I've abandoned that idea ever since I hit an 8 team accumulator back in 2010!

Also, @skyblues88, you must be relieved to have this fella backing you on the weekend!

https://t.co/IT1YsDoI0V (if any mods know how to embed this video into this post then feel free to edit accordingly!)

So that's what @andrewcalo gets up to at weekends!

Derby County v QPR

Derby County: Jason Shackell (8/0 d), Nick Blackman (8/1 f), Craig Forsyth (3/1 d), George Thorne (0/0 m)

QPR: Pawel Wszołek (25/3 m, illness), Massimo Luongo (28/1 m), Kazenga LuaLua (9/1 m)(all doubtful), Jordan Cousins (18/0 m), Steven Caulker (13/2 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

From a Cardiff City fan's perspective, our trip to Wolves is going to be a tricky one. We always have to battle to get a result there. Relations are still a bit strained after the whole Jez Moxey incident when he banned our fans from attending the game. My mate is a Wolves fan and he still has faith in Paul Lambert. I am not convinced. I do not know what has gone wrong since he left Norwich but his career has plummeted. A lack of confidence in his own ability perhaps? Over-thinking things maybe? I'd be disappointed if we didn't take a draw here and I fully expect Warnock to have his eye on all three points.

i'm gonna have to edit my accumulator for this week so instead of mansfield and rochdale which i said in earlier post i am going to include wycombe and stevenage so now my acca now look's like this

tottenham, chelsea, huddersfield, doncaster, blackpool, plymouth, bolton, southend, wycombe, stevenage

£30 returns £15000

1 hour ago, sajtion said:

i'm gonna have to edit my accumulator for this week so instead of mansfield and rochdale which i said in earlier post i am going to include wycombe and stevenage so now my acca now look's like this

tottenham, chelsea, huddersfield, doncaster, blackpool, plymouth, bolton, southend, wycombe, stevenage

£30 returns £15000

How come you've decided to make the change mate?

Why isn't Ireland included? There are a few good games

Limerick vs Cork City

Cork won all the games this season until now, wining home and away games. Won the last cup and finnish in second last season.

Limerick won only one game until now, against the worst visitor int he league.

the season has only started, but I think there is value in this bet

Cork City win @ 1,70

Derry City vs Bray Wanderers

The same as Cork, haven't lost a game in this season. They faced Dundalk(Last season winner) at home and won by 3-1

I think that this game will end with a easy win of Derry, going for it with Handicap

Derry City win @ 1,80

Derry City -1 AH @  2,42

Good Luck Fellas :ok

Edited by Vcg2007

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

How come you've decided to make the change mate?

well obviously with leyton orient manager departing and team being in absolute disarray i think wycombe has a good chance to win. i wasn't confident in rochdale anymore. they are conceding ridiculous amount of goals and i would hate to see another goal fest from them particularly if it ended in draw. i underestimated exeter a little bit because they are decent side and against mansfield it could be close match so i decided stevenage is better choice considering they are pushing for promotion and motivation should be in no doubt. they look strong at home winning all their matches since turn of the year. 

Edited by sajtion

1 hour ago, sajtion said:

well obviously with leyton orient manager departing and team being in absolute disarray i think wycombe has a good chance to win. i wasn't confident in rochdale anymore. they are conceding ridiculous amount of goals and i would hate to see another goal fest from them particularly if it ended in draw. i underestimated exeter a little bit because they are decent side and against mansfield it could be close match so i decided stevenage is better choice considering they are pushing for promotion and motivation should be in no doubt. they look strong at home winning all their matches since turn of the year. 

So you don't think the Leyton Orient manager departing could actually give them a boost. The whole new manager/ caretaker manager effect that so many clubs experience?

19 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

So you don't think the Leyton Orient manager departing could actually give them a boost. The whole new manager/ caretaker manager effect that so many clubs experience?

i don't see it that way. if it was premiership club than i'd think maybe but this is league two. their recent run has been abysmal conceding 3, 4 and even 5 goals and pretty much have been bad all season consistently.

Took a last minute punt on Aberdeen to win and under 2.5 at 3.40.

Dundee come into it in poor form and will look to shut up tight and pinch a one goal victory. The (a) team have been on a great run of form and tend to win a large proportion of matches 1-0.

Edit: 3-0 Aberdeen after 36' mins! 

Make that 4-0 after 38' mins :loon

Edited by Icongene

Blackpool +0.5 AH - 1.80

Blackpool are unbeaten in there last 9, only 1 defeat in there last 15, just 9 defeats in the league all season, the same as luton, both have an overall record of 15w, 15d, 9l, although blackpool have a better goal difference by 2 which has them in 5th above luton in 6th, they have an ok away record with 7w, 7d, 6l. Luton have a home record of 8w, 6d, 5l, they are winless in their last 5, drawing 3, Luton also look like they'll be missing their 24-goal striker Danny Hylton for a second consecutive game and also Jordan cook, another important player who limped off in there defeat to Colchester last weekend. Confident Blackpool won't get beat here and the price is good value.

On 27/03/2017, 11:38:01, StevieDay1983 said:

@skyblues88, we will start with you mate. Bet you're looking forward to a day out at Wembley! Another win and a clean sheet on the weekend. Surely, you have to be going into this EFL Trophy Final optimistic of victory!

After no top 6 finish in 47 years and soon to be the 3rd relegation since i've been supporting, we are looking forward to the day out at Wembley and a rare chance of a bit of success!  Whatever happens we will definitely be enjoying the day out and sinking a few :beer

The players will be cheered on by 45,000 Coventry fans, with Oxford taking almost 30,000. We will have a very young defence as Nathan Clarke, Ferrand Rawson and Kevin Foley are all cup tied. Defence will probs be Kelly-Evans (20), Jordan Willis (22), Jordan Turnbull (22), Ryan Haynes (21). We have looked pretty decent going forward the last couple of games as ball carriers like Kyel Reid and Jodi Jones are back in the team. Apparently, Oxford have 2 strikers cup tied, including Conor McAleny who scored a hat-trick midweek against Bury. 

My Selections are:

- Newcastle - Need to turn their indifferent home form around with Brighton breathing down their necks. 

- Brighton - Home win to keep the heat on Newcastle.

- Fulham - Fulham to win against a very poor Rotherham side to keep chasing Sheffield Weds for the last playoff spot. 

- Bolton - A Bolton home win against a poor Chesterfield will keep them clear of 3rd. 

- Rangers - Rangers won well at home in their new Manager's first game, they need to win to try and chase Aberdeen for second place. 

On 3/27/2017, 7:25:54, Icongene said:

After Friday night's win for Aberdeen, I believe Celtic will win the title if they win at Hearts on Sunday. Odds are currently 1.5 with several firms. I suppose that could be some value if Celtic really go for it on Sunday.

1 hour ago, MPLouis said:

After Friday night's win for Aberdeen, I believe Celtic will win the title if they win at Hearts on Sunday. Odds are currently 1.5 with several firms. I suppose that could be some value if Celtic really go for it on Sunday.

Im all over us at that price. Even without Dembele. Roberts from Man City will come in who is a very strong replacement and will give the Hearts defence (extremely poor btw) the run around.

We can go out and win the league at one of the notorious 'big stadiums' in Scotland. 

Brendan Rodgers will be telling the players exactly what he and the support want and I just can't see anything but a win at lovely odds.

I've also gone for Brighton v Blackburn BTST at a nice 1.91. Blackburn can't stop scoring or conceding for that matter and I can't see that changing against a Brighton team that has wobbled a little. They are very strong at home themselves and 3 points would be crucial for them in their promotion bid so they won't lack motivation. Blackburn are a gold mine to score. They've found the net in their last 10 (8/10 BTTS) in all comps. And get this, they've also scored in 27 out of their last 29 matches. Incredible for such an average side

Edited by Icongene

Just two games for me today as the results will be as unpredictable as ever at this time of the season.

Preston v Forest.   BTTS.

Preston are very consistent and strong at home, a record of 6-3-1 at home when playing bottom half opposition.

Preston on a run of four straight wins at home and seven since a defeat but concede on average one goal at home to bottom half opponents.

Forest stats are not worth looking up for this game as Mark Warburton was unveiled four days before a stirring first half and late fight back in the 2-2 draw against bitter rivals Derby.

With the ridiculous international break he has had time to work with the players and install his ethos for an attacking display while keeping a tight defence.

For this game and as Forest need something from it i think BTTS is great value at 1.9 BF Exchange.

Fleetwood v Swindon,   Home win.

Plenty in the stats to suggest a Fleetwood win so nothing clever there, but at this stage of the season the computer price of 1.62 is correct as expected for two teams in this position, yet Fleetwood are available at a huge 1.85.

Have tried to find the injury situation for both teams without success before posting, would advise anyone else to do the same before KO as the price is so wrong.