** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Mar 24th - 26th

aleagueodds.jpg.24bfa88ea52dd1d3d27e7fca

It's very quiet around here this season, @vasilli07. Do you have any mates that also watch the A-League that would be interested in getting involved? Looks like I'm going to have to tap into the A-League fan bases! Get some flamin' galahs over here! Put another shrimp on the barbie! And so on and so on!

What are you thinking for these games anyway? Good shout with Western Sydney Wanderers last weekend. Never in doubt!

Personally, I'm thinking we could see a couple of away wins this week. Western Sydney Wanderers' inconsistent form worries me. Melbourne City have won two on the bounce. I think a draw no bet on WSW is an option there.

I think Adelaide United could earn back-to-back wins with victory against the Mariners who could see their season unravel badly unless they sort their form out.

Brisbane Roar should get the win but at those odds I am tempted by the draw no bet to be a big coward.

Wellington Phoenix should dispose of an appalling Newcastle Jets side. The odds suggest a draw might be more realistic but I'm backing the home side.

Finally, I think Sydney FC should continue their stunning form and make it four wins on the bounce. It is a long haul flight to Perth Glory and before their defeat last weekend the home side were unbeaten in five matches but I think the league leaders will just have too much. 

Don't really think so. Most are more interested in the major European leagues. :lol

Brisbane Roar -0.5 @ 2.33(marathonbet)/-0.25 1.95(bet365)

Roar didn't have times in the last 5 games, losing 4 out their last 5 games in all competitions. Playing in the ACL has taken its toil on their injury hit squad. 1st choice defender Luke Devere and midfielder Thomas Broich will return for this game. 1st choice gk Michael Theo and captain Matt McKay will miss out because of suspension and injury respectively.

Melbourne Victory has pretty much sealed up the 2nd spot as they are 9 points clear of 3rd place but they are also 9 points behind 1st place Sydney FC. Their chance of claiming the Premiers Plate is almost close to zero. 3 key players will be out because of international duty. Berisha(league top scorer with 18 goals in 23 apps), Marco Rojas(Victory 2nd top scorer and league top creator with 12 goals and 11 assists) and James Trosi(Victory 2nd creator with 6 assists). New Zealand international Jai Ingham will also miss out. He is also a starter.

With Victory 1st choice attacking quartet all out, it's hard to see where the goals could come from. Roar may have 2 1st choice players out but reserve gk Jamie Young has proved to be a capable gk when called upon. Youngster Joe Caletti has also shined when he was given chance to play. Roar also has a week to rest so they should all be fit and raring to go.

My leans for the other games, will do a longer writeup if I bet on the other games

CCM - Even though they don't win alot of games at home, they have been pretty competitive in most of them.

Perth Glory - 1st choice gk Danny Vukovic is out with Australia on international duty and will be a huge loss imo. He is 1 of the best gk in this season competition.