** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLS > Mar 25th

StevieDay1983

mlsodds.jpg.3162f9a399fa46205e143def1f75

A reduced fixture schedule due to the international games this weekend. The home sides are all heavily fancied. The biggest tempter is Columbus Crew to beat Portland Timbers. Anybody getting on that? Or New England Revolution to beat Minnesota United with a handicap?

@Setup, I don't think you were the only one that backed Colorado to do one on Minnesota United. What a surprise that was! Minnesota getting the point on the road too. What do you think here?

@vasilli07, Philadelphia letting you down to start with but then Kansas City bringing it home with the win. A mixed bag last week, what do you think this weekend?

@Icongene, you kept quiet last weekend. Tempted by anything this round?

Also, still going to badger @jamiedavies02, @gogetta, @Xcout, and @clubgowi for their valued opinions!

New England Revolution -1 @ 1.69(pinnacle)/1x2 if you want to parlay it

New England Revolution didn't plan to start with 2 losses in a row. But then if we look at things from another perspective, it isn't that bad. They lost to 2 of the best home teams in the league last season. FC Dallas has a 12 wins 4 draws and 1 loss while Rapids has 11 wins and 6 draws. The only thing worry thing is how coach Jay Heaps deployed striker Juan Agudelo. He is a striker but is now used as an attacking midfielder who makes him abit ineffective.

Minnesota started the season with 2 heavy losses but managed to stop the bleeding when they got a 2-2 draw against Rapids last week. While that may seem to be a good result but their defence still can't stop conceding goals. Rapids is 1 of the worst attacking team and they still concede 2 goals to them. Due to the international week, they will missing 4 starters in Francisco Calvo and Johan Venegas(both Costa Rica), Rasmus Schuller(Finland) and Kevin Molino(Trinidad & Tobago). Molino is their best player. Defender Justin Davis is also suspended because of a red card.

Minnesota will be the worst expansion team(at least imo) in the MLS history comes end of the season. Their squad already lack depth and they will miss up to at least 5 1st team players for this game which makes them even weaker. This is a good chance for the Revolution to get their 1st win of the season. While New England maybe winless so far but they should really have too much for Minnesota.

It was just over a decade when New England Revolution frequently qualified for the MLS Finals. I think that form still sticks with me so I'm always drawn to back them even when the odds are against them. I think this week we are right to back them though.