** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Mar 24th & 25th

nationalleagueodds.jpg.fdc7e6c606a3bc5d9

nationalnorthodds.jpg.869f5f91d9d6c6266c

nationalleaguesouthodds.jpg.d4300d867016

nplodds.jpg.9ba310e16e4354e54ea27942c00a

rplodds.jpg.18995712f861fd99ff8947678f60

splodds.jpg.4f8dfc0bf4ba53645ad0c5e94e6c

A full schedule this weekend so there is something else other than the dreary international break to keep us entertained. @GazBlades, massive game for your boys this weekend. Can you get the win?

@addpea, as always, love to hear your thoughts on these games.

@tictok, great to see you getting involved during midweek. Any tips for this weekend?

@Gidds, saw you lurking with your couple of post likes. Fancy giving us your views on these matches?

Also, keen to hear from others whose opinions are so valued in this section such as @allthethings, @Tanktop, @amtopm, @sammydubs@the bastardian@bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @sammummery, @MuineBheag, @Bronxie and @misky

Hi guys,

A few observations to form an adventurous multi....

I watched Canvey Island beat Merstham 3-0 last week. Canvey were decent but it was 0-0 until Merstham were reduced to 10 men in their influential Centre Back. Canvey are on a good run but so are Bognor who are also top of the league. 2/5 looks an excellent accumulator booster.

Add that to Leiston unbeaten in 4 and in play offs against a poor Worthing team in free fall (but probably already safe). I can't see Worthing coming away with anything more than 0 points! 4/9

I can't understand the odds here. Lowestoft flying against Folkestone in awful form. Lowestoft comfortably the better team over the season. 4/5. Add that too! 

Darlington top of the form table vs Gainsborough bottom...4/5 

Maidenhead to beat Bishops Stortford - No explanation need here! 2/9

Same for Dartford to beat St Albans 8/13

Buxton (still in play off hunt) vs the worst team in all the divisions - Skelmersdale 3/10

7 teams pays 15/1 - Good luck!! 

Don't fancy a great deal this weekend but have a couple of singles at biggish prices and a treble.

Dagenham & Redbridge v York

Dagenham are blowing very hot and cold at the moment, but by all accounts Aldershot were every bit as dominate as their 3-0 victory suggests on Tuesday and that followed the defeat at Barrow on Saturday. All of a sudden their pretty much guaranteed play-off place isn't looking so certain and York look value here. I still think York will survive and they picked up a big 3 points on Tuesday night. That followed them coming back from 2 down at Sutton to get a 2-2 draw which is a decent effort given how strong Sutton have been at home this season. They still only have won away victory which came at North Ferriby on Boxing Day and they have drawn all 5 away league games since then. Given that stat you would think covering the draw would be a wise way to go, but John Still has said he doesn't want to go for draws and they have only drawn 4 times all season. With that in mind the outright win on York at 33/10 with Marathon is the way to go.

Guiseley v Dover

Only Lincoln have better home form in their last 10 home games than Guiseley and it is rather odd that their only defeat in that time came against North Ferriby. They have beaten Lincoln at home in that time and in their last two home games they have beaten play-off chasing Barrow and Aldershot. That means they are are going to be dangerous for another play-off chasing side in Dover. Now Dover do have Ricky Miller back for this which is obviously a plus, but they lost four of their last five away games with just a win against North Ferriby in that spell. I think the home side should be slight favourites for this match given how strong they are at home so the 21/10 is certainly worth taking.

Treble

The collapse of St Albans is one of the strangest things of the season. They were going so strongly that the Racing Post put them up as a bet to win the league in their half-term report over Christmas. It has been downhill ever since though and they only have one win and one draw in their last 10 games. They probably reached a new low on Saturday when losing 4-0 to Gosport, a side who hadn't won since October! With Dartford going for the play-offs and in good form they should win this. Bishops Stortford sacked their manager after an 8-0 defeat to Ebbsfleet on Tuesday. They now face the other side going for the title in Maidenhead and although I doubt they will score 8 they should have a comfortable afternoon. The other team is Buxton in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier who go to bottom side Skelmersdale. The home side lost 10-1 on Tuesday night and again I am not expecting that here, but it should be an easy win for Buxton. The treble pays 1.8/1 with Marathon.

On 3/23/2017, 10:48:32, StevieDay1983 said:

A full schedule this weekend so there is something else other than the dreary international break to keep us entertained. @GazBlades, massive game for your boys this weekend. Can you get the win?

I can't say I'm feeling massively confident. We were poor on Tuesday at Boreham Wood, looked toothless, and one or two of the loan players looks like they didn't want to be there. We've got Harry Anderson back on loan from Peterborough for the rest of the season, which is a plus as he was a good player for us in the first half of the season. I'm hope he might spark a bit of life into our play going forward. Forest Green haven't impressed me at any point this season, and the fact that it's a massive game, and we've won almost all those we've had all season, so I'm hoping more than expecting that we'll put it right tomorrow.

Concord-Hemel o3.25 odds 2.17

Chelmsford-Gosport o3.25 odds 1.91

Stalybridge-Worcester o2.75 odds 2.13

Some high lines here, but it's not surprising with all the poor defense on display. The one I'm most confident in is the first. Strangely, the one I'm least confident is the Chelmsford match, because the home side have beaten a number of poor sides by 2-0 this season, and actually Gosport have kept clean sheets (granted, at home) in their last two matches as they fight to avoid the drop. Fingers crossed.

20 hours ago, GazBlades said:

I can't say I'm feeling massively confident. We were poor on Tuesday at Boreham Wood, looked toothless, and one or two of the loan players looks like they didn't want to be there. We've got Harry Anderson back on loan from Peterborough for the rest of the season, which is a plus as he was a good player for us in the first half of the season. I'm hope he might spark a bit of life into our play going forward. Forest Green haven't impressed me at any point this season, and the fact that it's a massive game, and we've won almost all those we've had all season, so I'm hoping more than expecting that we'll put it right tomorrow.

Forest Green just haven't got what it takes and you got the sense Cooper was looking for a ready made excuse when saying that Lincoln had kept the pitch bobbly as that wouldn't suit their passing football. If Tranmere fail to beat Braintree that's the title over for me.