** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

£100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (34% Complete)

Torque

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (4% Complete)
  • 1 month later...

Michael Van Gerwen plays tonight in the opening round of the Darts World Championship, and I'll be backing him to beat Ryan Murray if I can get a slighter better price than is currently available. He's the favourite to win the entire tournament and should ease through here, most likely without dropping a set. I'll post if I get on.

I'm in no rush. Besides that, I think there'll be times when I do one or two in quick succession. I'm being very picky because right now, seemingly more than is normal, lots of short odds prices are getting turned over. It's not that much of a surprise considering normal routines and schedules have had to be thrown out the window, and it definitely feels like it's a lot harder at the moment to back anything with any great degree of confidence.

• 1 month later...

The Australian Open starts on Monday and before that there's the ATP Cup taking place now. I'm planning to back Djokovic at some point in the next few weeks, but I'll just be watching his ATP Cup opener against Shapovalov. I expect him to be motivated - he usually is when representing his country - but Shapovalov is a dangerous player who goes for his shots and if he plays at the top of his game he's well capable of winning. I also want to look for signs of Djokovic's physical condition - motivated or not, his priority is the Australian Open not the ATP Cup.

• 2 weeks later...

After Djokovic won the first set and looked set to go a break ahead in the second, it didn't look as though I'd be able to get this bet on. Fortunately, Tiafoe was able to take advantage of Djokovic's wastefulness on break points and take the second set. He then pushed Djokovic all the way in the third, which saw the price on Djokovic drift out and my bet get matched.

Bet 5 won. Next stake £166.39

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (5% Complete)

Djokovic won - but where to start. It didn't look like my bet had any chance of getting matched when he opened up a two-set lead but I left the bet open anyway, fully expecting it to go unmatched. With what happened next, it goes without saying that my back of Djokovic at 1.11 was matched. Early in the third set he picked up an injury which affected his forehand, and just over an hour later it was a tied match at 2-2 in sets with Djokovic out to about 3 to 1 for the win. Having sought medical attention immediately after suffering the injury, by the time the fifth set came around it looked as though the pain relief had kicked in and he was able to ease over the finish line.

Bet 6 won. Next stake £184.33

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (6% Complete)
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking at England v San Marino for the next bet - not the match line obviously, but the goal line. Par is set at seven goals and four goals is near to the price I want. If England don't win by at least four it'll be pretty embarrassing, even if it's not the first team that start the game.

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (7% Complete)

San Marino are up again tonight and I'm keen to oppose them once more. Their opponents are Hungary, who are fresh from a creditable draw against Poland. They scored three times in that match, so a couple of goals here shouldn't be beyond them. I'll try to get on in-play and will post if I do.

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (8% Complete)

I was looking at Belgium to beat Belarus for the next bet, but they've changed their team drastically and left all their best players on the bench. As a result, their odds have drifted and I'm not as keen as I was. Regardless of the team changes there should be at least one goal, so I'll hope for a quiet start and back over 0.5 goals if the odds go high enough.

No luck last night - first goal went in quite quickly. I'll try to back Albania to beat San Marino tonight. They gave a good account against England, and whilst they aren't the strongest going forward they have a good defence so just one goal will probably be enough to win this.

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (9% Complete)
  • 1 month later...

Five minutes into the 2nd half and the third goal goes in, which I really wasn't expecting after such a slow start from Italy.

I'd have liked to have backed Over 1.5 goals but I couldn't see any way the price for that would get up to what I wanted (more on that later) so instead I looked at Over 2.5 goals, which went off at around 1.05. I thought it would probably take about half an hour without a goal for my order at 1.11 to get matched, so I was really surprised to see it matched inside ten minutes. I wasn't watching the game, but Italy must have looked really lethargic because just before the first goal went in with over half an hour on the clock, 3 goals or more had gone all the way out to 1.50 and Over 1.5 goals had gone up to a price I would have liked to take.

Fortunately, Italy scored two quick goals before half-time which meant the Over 2.5 goal line was more or less back at the price I'd got involved at - of course if I'd got matched on the Over 1.5 goal line I'd have been out of the match with a winner - and there was always likely to be at least one goal in the second half.

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (10% Complete)
  • 1 month later...

Barty won in straight sets, but wasn't at her best. She's had injury problems recently so I wonder if she's carrying some sort of problem. Nearly double figures in double-faults during the match suggests that something isn't quite right, so I'm not backing her again in this tournament.

Bet 11 won. Next stake £307.56

• Torque changed the title to £100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (11% Complete)
  • 2 weeks later...