** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

£100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (34% Complete)

Torque

Before the football tomorrow night there's one tennis match to consider, which is Nadal versus Bedene at the ATP Masters tournament in Monte Carlo. Nadal owns ten titles here and will be going for an eleventh; which he needs if he wants to remain at the top of the rankings. Bedene is a good player on clay but should be no match for the 'King of Clay' who looked in good touch playing in the Davis Cup recently. Backing Nadal to win in straight sets should come in but to be on the safe side and in case Bedene plays above himself for a spell I'll just back Nadal to win.

Bet 20. Back Nadal to beat Bedene at 1.06

After Ajax lost their last match to PSV which also saw the Eindhoven side take the league title, I'm not keen to back them tonight. They need to win to tighten their grip on second place, but the manner of the defeat to PSV means the atmosphere at their stadium might be subdued at best and agitated at worst if they don't make a fast start. Betis are much more appealing against Las Palmas, as they've won their last five and are facing a Las Palmas side that are in the relegation places and have a dreadful away record. I'll see what the teams look like and also the prices.

I don't think I'll be taking any of the above tomorrow. Jong Alkmaar have won away from home this season at the team currently top of the league; Maritimo are in good form and Kayserispor are in a good position in their league.

Nadal is playing again at the Monte Carlo Masters which is always tempting - but he faces the only player to have beaten him on clay in the last year. Not only that, but the defeat was in straight sets meaning that even backing Nadal to win a set isn't that appealing. All things considered, tomorrow is likely to be a day off :zzz

I won't be on Copenhagen or Shrewsbury. Can't find find very much out about the former and the latter look as though they might be running out of steam after a long season. Livingston and Marseille are more interesting so I'll look at those more closely later on.

Nadal takes on Dimitrov in the tennis in Monte Carlo and I can't see anything other than a routine win for the Spaniard. The way he swatted away Thiem, who was supposed to provide him with his sternest test at this tournament, suggests he is nearing top form if he isn't there already. That might be the next bet and if it is I'll post to confirm it.

Edited by Torque

The next bet that I'm looking at is Nadal to beat Nishikori in the Monte Carlo Masters final. Nadal has been dominant all week, whilst Nishikori has had to scrap to get to this stage. The Japanese has gone to three sets in nearly all of his matches so far compared to Nadal who hasn't dropped a single set. This would be a hard match for Nishikori if he had made smooth progress to the final, but as it is fatigue could well be a factor in this one. When you add into the mix that Nadal has looked close to his imperious best, it's hard to see how Nishikori wins this and I expect that Nadal will wear him down and wear him out on his way to an eleventh Monte Carlo Masters title and the retention of his number one ranking. All that said though, whether I play or not depends on the price I can get and so I'll post again to confirm if I'm on.

I'm not keen on Genoa as they don't score many and I'm not keen on Fenerbahce at they lost to Antalyaspor the last time they played them at home, Malmo haven't made the greatest start in Sweden and so that leaves Porto. I don't want to back them but I wouldn't mind laying Setabul if the price comes down in-play. Probably it would need to be 0-0 at half-time to have a chance of laying at a price I'd be happy with.