** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

£100 to £100,000 Glory Hunt (34% Complete)

Torque

I tried this a few years ago and didn't get very far and I thought I'd try again as a contrast to my more long-term betting the favourite thread. The idea is to turn £100 into £100,000 by winning about 70 bets in a row betting the entire bank each time at odds of around 1.10. Statistically it's practically impossible and there are lots of hurdles in the way besides winning so many bets in a row, but on paper at least each bet will have a 90 percent chance of winning so in that sense it should be much harder to pick a loser than a winner. No idea what the first bet will be yet so I'll come back with that later. All bets will be placed with either Smarkets or Betfair unless otherwise stated.

*Current attempt begins on page 47*

Edited by Torque

Lol, how did you work that 90% chance of winning :lol Just because the bookies make it 1.10 it doesn't mean it only happens 10% of the time, careful on your selections. Pascal and football betting are 2 things that shouldn't be mixed up, you may be able to do a good judgement on what you think is likely to happen based on your selection previous scores, but there isn't such a thing as probability in football, the bookies make you think there is. 

With that said, good luck in your 70 bets and remember each one of them is likely to win based on your good judgement, not on probabilities so treat each one of them as the very first one. :hope:hope

1 hour ago, MrImpossible said:

Lol, how did you work that 90% chance of winning :lol Just because the bookies make it 1.10 it doesn't mean it only happens 10% of the time, careful on your selections. Pascal and football betting are 2 things that shouldn't be mixed up, you may be able to do a good judgement on what you think is likely to happen based on your selection previous scores, but there isn't such a thing as probability in football, the bookies make you think there is. 

With that said, good luck in your 70 bets and remember each one of them is likely to win based on your good judgement, not on probabilities so treat each one of them as the very first one. :hope:hope

What I meant was that in general bookie odds are a good yardstick to go by, particularly at very short odds in my opinion. Obviously there are good 1.10 bets and bad 1.10 bets, so I'll be trying to find the good ones that arguably should be shorter than 1.10 and weed out the bad ones that probably should be higher than 1.10. That said though this isn't about finding value per se because what I need is winners - it's no good to me to find something at 1.10 that should be 1.05 that loses and that's where I'll need luck and lots of it to get anywhere near the target because even if something has 95 percent chance of happening that still leaves a 5 percent chance it wont. Completely agree with your last point by the way. :ok

No problem with taking the lesser prices, it gets things up and running and there may well be bets where you get better than 1.1 to balance things off. The obvious problem happens later down the line where you're looking for the larger bets to be placed.

Edited by Skittle