** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2017 Puerto Rico Open

Bamford

I worked it out that the average winner price for this over the past 7 years is 82/1. Out lying prices being Lamely 110/1 and Michael Bradley 135/1. Since then Cejka won here 2 years ago at 125/1 and we have had a raft of 50/1 winners. The past 4 winners have all posted their maiden victory here as well. Golfers in the main don't travel to smaller events when they don't have to, so the fact that the field includes some pretty big names is a credit and highlights the opportunity these alternate events present. Players such as Finau, Baddeley, Piercy and Ogilvy have used this level of tournament to grab a 2 year exemption and qualify for the Tournament of Champions, PGA Championship and Players Championship.

I like aggressive players this week and up until this point non-members have never won it. It's the only reason I haven't included Thorbjorn Olesen at a value 60/1 - the kind of price he wins at and we know he loves coastal golf.

My players this week are List 28/1, Danny Lee 35/1, J.J. Spaun 40/1, Harold Varner III 66/1 and Jonas Blixt 100/1.