** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Apr 1st & 2nd

2 hours ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

i think man city away is definitely value here..how motivated would arsenal be? with all the troubles at the club..i doubt the players will show up. Plus this game would be treated as a curtain raiser to the FA cup semi later on this month. both teams would try to get a psychological advantage before they meet in the semi. 2.30 for a city win looks tempting for small punt.

Yes, it's the price for me that is making the City win appealing. If they were any lower I'd stay clear but that price against this Arsenal side carrying all that discontent is very appealing. Yes, Arsenal are at home but even their home games feel like away matches with a large section of their fan base more concerned with protesting against Wenger.

On 3/28/2017, 6:06:40, allyhibs said:

No messing about this week either. Has to be Tottenham at 6/10, can't see them slipping up here. Spurs look superb at the moment and should have far too much for Burnley who haven't won a game in ages.

I don't share your confidence with Spurs. Over the years I have found many different ways to lose money, and one of them is backing low priced favorites  away from home. FOr me there is no value on Spurs here.

Burnley are a tough proposition at home.

The one game I do like for goals is the Sunderland game. SUNDERLAND I hear you say . Get fkg real ! 

This is why I like them ...

As bad as Moyes is (and he is bad), he is not stupid... He understands that draws will not get it done. To survive Sunderland need to find 2 more wins than the other 5 teams at the bottom of the league. Assume Palace, Leicester and Swansea win 2 more games, and find 3 draws  out of their last 10. That means Sunderland need 15 points or better to survive. It has to start here, and they will prob need 2 goals (min) to win. They will have to open up, and play a more attacking game. They have no choice. They are not going into this game with 10 defenders and 1 striker.

In my opinion they  have a mountain to play for in these last 10 games. They have an easy, if not the easiest run in (playing top opposition only 3 times). They play their direct competition 5 times which excludes 2 home games (against West Ham and Bournemouth)

1-Apr Watford   Sunderland
4-Apr Leicester City   Sunderland
9-Apr Sunderland   Manchester Utd
15-Apr Sunderland   West Ham Utd
22-Apr Arsenal   Sunderland
26-Apr Middlesbrough   Sunderland
29-Apr Sunderland   Bournemouth
6-May Hull City   Sunderland
13-May Sunderland   Swansea City
21-May Chelsea   Sunderland

They can survive but it all starts by winning this game against Watford. ANd to win they will need goals,  FOr me the over 2.5 goals at odds over 2.05 s the way to go.

Leicester to beat Stoke has to be the bet of the weekend for me:

- Leicester has been totally reborn and rejuvenated after Ranieri was kicked out.

- Leicester has now beaten Sevilla, Liverpool and Hull at home after Ranieri went away, I expect this run of fantastic home performances to continue.

- Bardsley is out for Stoke, even though this is not a huge blow for Stoke, it's changes the defensive lineup for Stoke.

7 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Welcome to the forum mate! :ok

Some interesting points there. I can certainly see your view. The Leicester game is the one standing out for me. I'm not convinced by Alexis Sanchez right now. Something isn't right behind the scenes. That said, at almost 3.00 he is tempting value. I can see Arsenal scoring against Manchester City (because most teams do) so it's just a case of whether he is one of those that do score in that game for the Gunners. Does Sanchez deliver performances in the big games? Arsenal's record against the top six is appalling.

Looked up Sanchez his goalstats for this season,only scored against Chelsea of the top six teams.Sanchez to score is a no bet for me, bts@1,50 ish,I will skip it.Arsenal is in a bad place at the moment .Im considering a City bet here

i can't see man utd winning due to number injuries they have. they are going to be without fellaini, rooney, smalling, jones, pogba, ibrahimovic, mata. that's pretty whole backbone of the team. without these players they are poor defensively, lack creativity and carry no threat going forward. west brom beat arsenal last time and can beat man utd and at 12/1 it's nice freebie from the bookies

1 minute ago, sajtion said:

i can't see man utd winning due to number injuries they have. they are going to be without fellaini, rooney, smalling, jones, pogba, ibrahimovic, mata. that's pretty whole backbone of the team. without these players they are poor defensively, lack creativity and carry no threat going forward. west brom beat arsenal last time and can beat man utd and at 12/1 it's nice freebie from the bookies

where u getting 12/1?

Edited by NoFear

Back on the corners markets this week!

Arsenal V City
City have won 10 of their last 14 away games on the corner count. They average +2.79 per game more than their opponents.
Arsenal have won 9/13 at home, and average +2 per game.

I feel that City have more to play for as they will want to cement their top 4 position as soon as possible. Arsenal players seem to have given up this season, and they don't fare  well on the corners against top quality opposition.
Both teams average over 10 corners per game.

City +1 1.53
City most corners 1.8i

Burnley V Spurs

Burnley home record W5 D/L9, average -1.6 per game
Spurs away record W8 L5, Average +1.9 per game, Total match ave 11.9 on away games

Along with other posters on here, I feel that Spurs are in top form right now, and should be all over Burnley like a rash. Burnley are no slouches on corners either, so I fancy a few here. Spurs have covered the -2 handicap 7/13 away games this season

Over 10 corners 1.83
Spurs -2.5 AH Corners 1.86
Spurs most corners - 1.33

Liverpool v Everton
Liverpool home record - W11 D/L3 Ave +3.79 per game, averaging 10.07 per game
Everton away record - W3 D/L 11, Ave -1.57 per game.Tot 9.29 per game.They have not won a corner count in any away game in 2017!
Liverpool have covered the -3 HC on 9/13 home games

I'd be expecting a fast start from the Reds, with Klopp going all out on his attack, attack, attack style of play.

Liverpool -3 HC 1.9
Liverpool most corners 1.2
Liverpool first corner 1.44

BRENTFORD V BRISTOL CITY
City away match ave 12.39
BRENTFORD home match ave 12.33

Over 10 corners 1.83

Manchester United at Old Trafford has only received ten goals in 12 games. Derived from four consecutive unders 2,5, while home has 10 to 14 under 2,5. It has the second best defense in the division. West Bromwich Away has 8 to 14 under 2,5. The United with the help of home, even hard to get the win, but it will be done with a small stadium, as is usually done this year
MANCHESTER UNITED vs WEST BROMWICH ALBION @@ +2.75 Under, odds 1.73

Liverpool has a total of 20 to 29 goal goal and 10 to 14 goal goal scored in the stadium. It will be a beautiful and open game between two very good teams, I expect to score once and confirm the Goals
LIVERPOOL FC vs EVERTON FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.70

Nice write up @neilovan ,will take it in consideration.You're right about the Spurs game,Burnley is a strong home side that don't conceed alot,Kane would have been the xfactor. In his absence and taking the head to head record in consideration ,I will not follow through with my Tottenham win pick,odds@1,68. Interesting fact 10 of Burnley's 15 defeats were with one goal difference.At home their 3 defeats were with 1 goal.  Burnley +1,5 @1,45 possible accabet Burnley+0,75 @2,02 ,Burnley double chance@2,3,Burnley draw no bet @4,75 is tasty. Probably will go with the safer picks and will do some livebetting.Those odds on Burnley,west brom and crystal palace are ridiculous. I love me some Asian handicapping in those circumstances ,Brom+ 1,5@1,79,west brom or draw @3,75. Brom won two of the last three meetings at Old Traford ,they will be highly motivated after the win against Arsenal

Premier League:

West Ham have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Liverpool are undefeated in their last 18 home games against Everton in all competitions.
Man Utd are undefeated in their last 18 games in Premier League.

Interesting 27 Football Streaks for 01.04.2017 ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-streaks-01-04-2017

11 hours ago, betcatalog said:

Manchester United at Old Trafford has only received ten goals in 12 games. Derived from four consecutive unders 2,5, while home has 10 to 14 under 2,5. It has the second best defense in the division. West Bromwich Away has 8 to 14 under 2,5. The United with the help of home, even hard to get the win, but it will be done with a small stadium, as is usually done this year
MANCHESTER UNITED vs WEST BROMWICH ALBION @@ +2.75 Under, odds 1.73

Liverpool has a total of 20 to 29 goal goal and 10 to 14 goal goal scored in the stadium. It will be a beautiful and open game between two very good teams, I expect to score once and confirm the Goals
LIVERPOOL FC vs EVERTON FC @@ Both team to score, odds 1.70

Nailed one of those early doors. Love getting the business done early. That's the risk with early kick off bets. Can either kill your afternoon bets or add some extra fire to them. I'm confident you've picked well for the Man Utd game too.

@NoFear, definitely an April Fool's joke. Cardiff City released a statement claiming we'd secured a stadium sponsor for a multi-million pound deal with Sony. Fooled everyone because Sony were rumoured to be interested and have previously held corporate sponsorship before.

17 hours ago, zemo91 said:

Nice write up @neilovan ,will take it in consideration.You're right about the Spurs game,Burnley is a strong home side that don't conceed alot,Kane would have been the xfactor. In his absence and taking the head to head record in consideration ,I will not follow through with my Tottenham win pick,odds@1,68. Interesting fact 10 of Burnley's 15 defeats were with one goal difference.At home their 3 defeats were with 1 goal.  Burnley +1,5 @1,45 possible accabet Burnley+0,75 @2,02 ,Burnley double chance@2,3,Burnley draw no bet @4,75 is tasty. Probably will go with the safer picks and will do some livebetting.Those odds on Burnley,west brom and crystal palace are ridiculous. I love me some Asian handicapping in those circumstances ,Brom+ 1,5@1,79,west brom or draw @3,75. Brom won two of the last three meetings at Old Traford ,they will be highly motivated after the win against Arsenal

Thanks for the mention, but I was way off this weekend.

Sunderland must really rue the day Allardyce became England manager. Trade him in and land up with an overpaid, underskilled manager like David Moyes. Clueless in terms of motivating, or getting a team fired up. The Man United job proved to be way to big for him, but he has shown no ability in the two posts after that. In what kind of sick world does a decent, yet hopelessly out of his depth, man earn 9 million pounds for 8 months work. How F___d up is this world ?  NEWCASTLE will have the last laugh, as they pass SUNDERLAND going in the other direction. I don't think that Sunderland will find an automatic promotion spot next season. In Moyes they have a lead balloon, that could anchor them to the Championship for a few seasons to come...

Jose Mourinho made me laugh today. Every time I see that bushy haired octopus (Fellaini), in the starting line-up, I know they are doomed. Can you name a worse player that played so many games for Man United ? Bebe, or maybe Mark Bosnic ? Fellani just has nothing.  No pace. No Skill. No engine. No clue. 

He is Man United's most consistent player this season. Consistently useless on all levels.

Then Mourinho hauls his only hope of breaking WBA down (Mikatarian) off. WTF is that ? Surely you don't need to play 2 holding midfielders against an average team like WBA, at home ?  What exactly is plan - B ? Is there a plan B ? 

How many goals have United scored from the 500 crosses they have made this season ?  Maybe 5 .... no more than 8. What kind of style is playing at zero speed, shipping the ball sideways, and aimlessly crossing the ball. This style of play is brutal, and boring and fkg dreadful.

Then he makes some ridic remark about how only one team wanted to play. Get real, Fergie had to deal with that for 20 years and he figured out how. Go and ask him for a lesson !!!

Arsenal seven of the last eight games was more than three goals and six to score both teams. Total has 19 to 27 over 2,5 and 8 to 13 over 2,5 home. Manchester City has a total 18 to 28 over 2,5 and 10 to 14 over 2,5 away from the stadium. I expect to give it all to win, I expect a lot of goals in the game
ARSENAL FC vs MANCHESTER CITY @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.57

@neilovan , you're absolutely 100% right,Moyes made a fool of himself in Sociedad. Overrated,has no fire in him.not the right person for a team who has to battle relegation each year.hahahaha as a Belgian I feel you .Fellainus has to be the most lucky player in the world.Playing for one of the greatest clubs getting paid tons to deliver mediocre performances. If the name of the game was headball,he would be an all time great but that's not the case. Lack of vision,lack of pace,lack of skill,no long ball ,no distance shot has absolutely not one quality necessary to play on a Man United midfield or even a top six team midfield .If you want to play him you have to adjust you're tactics to his strengths like in his Everton period.He was playing higher up the field ,receiving long balls,infiltrating in the box. For a team like Man United he's only usefull when the opposition is defending a lead close to their 18 yard box.bring him in as a sub in the last 10 minutes and put some crosses in. 

8 hours ago, zemo91 said:

@neilovan , you're absolutely 100% right,Moyes made a fool of himself in Sociedad. Overrated,has no fire in him.not the right person for a team who has to battle relegation each year.hahahaha as a Belgian I feel you .Fellainus has to be the most lucky player in the world.Playing for one of the greatest clubs getting paid tons to deliver mediocre performances. If the name of the game was headball,he would be an all time great but that's not the case. Lack of vision,lack of pace,lack of skill,no long ball ,no distance shot has absolutely not one quality necessary to play on a Man United midfield or even a top six team midfield .If you want to play him you have to adjust you're tactics to his strengths like in his Everton period.He was playing higher up the field ,receiving long balls,infiltrating in the box. For a team like Man United he's only usefull when the opposition is defending a lead close to their 18 yard box.bring him in as a sub in the last 10 minutes and put some crosses in. 

And even then he's likely to cost you a penalty lmfao

Arsenal v Man City - exactly the type of match my momma told me not to bet on. Between the cake eating and the fag puffing.

Fat she was. 

Anyway, head is saying BTTS and Man City win. But Arsenal are proper cnuts and I know they are out there, waiting for their next opportunity to muck up my acca. 

I have Wenger under surveillance right now and when the chance presents itself I am going in, full whack - shotgun, body armour, balaclava and ski gloves. He is getting it.

On the other foot, Pep hates me too and he will be looking to slip the boys a fiver to keep this game a draw.

My dog Rocky has his scent from a pair of old Calvin Klein boxers which I jimmyed away from him back in '07 in Spain and I've not got Rocky up to the size of a large pony. He has also been trained to only feed on human flesh, so Pep better watch out next time he is playing Swansea away. 

In all seriousness though - does anyone have their home addresses? 

Arsenal V City

City +1 1.53

City most corners 1.8

CORNER COUNT 3-8,

Burnley V Spurs

Over 10 corners 1.83
Spurs -2.5 AH Corners 1.86
Spurs most corners - 1.33

CORNER COUNT 3-7

Liverpool v Everton
Liverpool -3 HC 1.9
Liverpool most corners 1.2