Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

fatrophyodds.jpg.1e2558a13e82b0be0bb9b1e

nationalleagueodds.jpg.bf4306fbfaa9183c7

nationalleaguenorthodds.jpg.2ed92ea3d392

nationalleaguesouthodds.jpg.b8c4a8a82df6

nplodds.jpg.98a80e27f5653a503b0919a64566

rymanpremierodds.jpg.3b6bc1eb6fc93bb4798

southernpremierodds.jpg.128b80a1446d2c8b

It is a full schedule of non-league fixtures including a couple in the FA Trophy. @GazBlades, what are your hopes for Lincoln City against York City this weekend?

@addpea, missed your tipping in midweek. Are you back for this weekend's action?

@allthethings and @Tanktop, you both also put forward some decent tips last weekend. What are you thinking here?

Interested to hear from others such as @amtopm, @sammydubs@the bastardian@bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @sammummery, @MuineBheag, @Bronxie and @misky.

NL:

Aldershot v Sutton

Sutton are by far the worst away team in the division with 2 wins and 4 draws all season, Aldershot, despite a recent blip in form are joint best (with Lincoln) home team in the division - W11 D4 L3. Aldershot are still within reach of the play offs, so expect them to be more motivated, as well as wanting to bounce back from three games without a win.

Aldershot @ 2.00 

Boreham wood v Guiseley

Bit more of a risky one this, but Guiseley are a team in form, in the last 6 they are W5 L1, a run which has dragged thema way from the relegation zone. Boreham wood (until last tuesday) had not won since early january, and had not won at home since november. However, on tuesday they beat Dover 5-0! I think that was a one off and the entire Dover team had the shits or something.

Guiseley @ 3.75  

Gateshead v Woking

Wokinghave failed to score in only one away match, and kept a clean sheet in only 2, scoring an average of 1.33 and conceding 2.33 per away game. Of their last 12, 10 have been over 2.5 goals and both teams have scored in 9, they have won only twice in the last 8 away. Gateshead have failed to score in 4 of their home games and in their last 12 both teams have scored in 8. Their last 8 overall - W6 D1 L1, they had won 5 in a row until midweek when they drew (away to macc)

Gatesheaad & BTTS @ 3.25

NLS:

Poole v Hampton & Richmond

H&Rs last 8 away games (to october) - W0 D5 L3, 8 for 11 against, H&Rs recent poor run has seen them fall out of the play offs and replaced by Poole. Pooles last 8 at home - W5 D2 L1, scoring 19 conceding 9, until last week they had won 5 in a row, putting them in the play offs, last week they lost away to welling. They have only lost twice at home all season; to ebbsfleet and oxford city. The reverse fixture Poole won 2-0.

Poole @ 2.00    

ESL:

Chippenham V Merthyr (with apologies @StevieDay1983)

Chippenham seem to be sweeping all before them this season. Undefeated since November, their last 12 (10th jan)- W11 D1 L0, failing to score only once at home they score an average of 2.05 goasls per match and concede 0.63. Merthyrs recent form has been iffy, unbeated from december to mid february, their last 5 is -W1 D2 L2, their last match was a 2-2 home draw against 12 placed weymouth.

Chippenham @ 2.05     

Kings Langley v Stratford Town

K Langley are just above the relegation places, they are frankly, shit. However they may have just turned the corner winning 2-0 at home midweek and the previous home match was a 1-1 draw with league leaders Chippenham. Stratford sit 2 places and 5 points above K Langley and are equally shit. They have won three times in 2017, once against bottom club cirencester,and two wins over biggleswade. They lost 2-0 midweek away to Dunstable (just above them in the table), their last 13 away matches - W1 (biggleswade) D5 L7.

Kings Langley @ 2.05

20 hours ago, Tanktop said:

ESL:

Chippenham V Merthyr (with apologies @StevieDay1983)

Chippenham seem to be sweeping all before them this season. Undefeated since November, their last 12 (10th jan)- W11 D1 L0, failing to score only once at home they score an average of 2.05 goasls per match and concede 0.63. Merthyrs recent form has been iffy, unbeated from december to mid february, their last 5 is -W1 D2 L2, their last match was a 2-2 home draw against 12 placed weymouth.

Chippenham @ 2.05     

Kings Langley v Stratford Town

K Langley are just above the relegation places, they are frankly, shit. However they may have just turned the corner winning 2-0 at home midweek and the previous home match was a 1-1 draw with league leaders Chippenham. Stratford sit 2 places and 5 points above K Langley and are equally shit. They have won three times in 2017, once against bottom club cirencester,and two wins over biggleswade. They lost 2-0 midweek away to Dunstable (just above them in the table), their last 13 away matches - W1 (biggleswade) D5 L7.

Kings Langley @ 2.05

:lol No apologies needed mate! I just hope your bet massively fails!

Nah, in all truth, I'd be pleased if Merthyr get a point. I used to manage Chippenham on an old Football Manager game. Enjoyed some success there. I wish them none this weekend though! Merthyr DNB for me. Blind optimism maybe!

Lincoln made 9 changes for the 1st leg against York on Tuesday night. And despite that we could have been 3 or 4 up at half time such was the dominance. Second half fair play to York, they came out for the first 30 minutes a different side, and although both goals had an element of luck, they could have had a couple more too. But Lincoln ended the game stronger and should have had a dead cert of a penalty, as well as having a few decent chances to level it up.

The referee on Tuesday was extremely poor, and how York ended the game with 11 men, never mind just the 2 yellows they got, I have no idea. The referee today should be better as he's a football league referee, so I'm hopefully York won't get away with the same tactics they've employed in the last 2 games against us. But if they do, these are the teams we've struggled against this season, the aggressive, bullying, borderline cheating kind of side. 

I expect 6 changes from us today, strengthening the side, and whilst I've no interest in betting on the game, we are still favourites to go through in my eyes.

Edited by GazBlades
10 hours ago, addpea said:

Interesting how different sides see as Gary Mills wasn't happy with the Lincoln bench after the game on Tuesday. Should be tasty today given all that.

Well the incident he mentioned was Jon Parkin flying in two footed, which thankfully he missed contact as if he did make contact there would have been one of the worst injuries I've ever seen on a football pitch. Both games we'd played them in the last month before today I'm baffled how he was still on the pitch.

As for today, I'm so angry. The videos are there for everyone to see. 

12 hours ago, GazBlades said:

Well the incident he mentioned was Jon Parkin flying in two footed, which thankfully he missed contact as if he did make contact there would have been one of the worst injuries I've ever seen on a football pitch. Both games we'd played them in the last month before today I'm baffled how he was still on the pitch.

Yeah, Jon Parkin is a weird one. I hated him before he joined us. He was a bit like Dave Kitson. Made out he was a nice guy off the pitch but on it had a nasty streak. He started so well for Cardiff but then became lazy and dreadful. He then had the audacity to slate our former managers for not selecting him even though his lack of professionalism off the pitch was very public. Since then, I've not had much time for him and hearing he acted like this is a) not surprising and b) shocking to see it not dealt with.

It's a shame you couldn't reach the final but you've got to be pleased with your season so far. Let's hope it doesn't de-stabilise your promotion chase.

On 18/03/2017, 21:41:51, GazBlades said:

Not a great decision from the ref or linesman for the penalty. Really looking forward to Saturday's game against FGR on the TV and hoping for a game as exciting as the reverse fixture. Need a draw really for my Tranmere bet although I think they have blown it now anyway.