** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Mar 17th - 19th

champratings.jpg.b077b3bc50ac261de4749cf

league1ratings.jpg.6d8d7c3782b2314f73315

league2ratings.jpg.d14812e5c03617870c304

splratings.jpg.34959e7e24e99f54abbe6514d

A full fixture schedule this weekend across Championship, League One, League Two, SPL, and Scottish Championship. What do we think are the best options here then guys?

@allthethings, it was a bold move backing Yeovil but it almost came off. Had you gone for the DNB then that would have been even better. Shame it didn't quite come off. What are you liking the look of here?

@Tanktop, you did say it all pointed to a thrilling game... albeit sarcastically! :lol What will you be betting on this weekend?

@salmonman, fourth minute of injury time cost you. Gutting. Fulham f*ckers indeed! Will you be placing any bets on the weekend action?

@rangers234, another punter robbed by a late goal. What are you looking at this week? How are you feeling about QPR's game this week? Any inside tips?

@Tiffy, hit us with your corners bets mate! The results were erratic in midweek so it's not surprising your bets came up just short. Tough game for you lads away to Leeds. Reckon you can take the win? It's a long way to travel too. I'm thinking possibly a draw but wouldn't be surprised if Leeds edged it.

@skyblues88, not sure you caught my post on the last thread. How come Robins isn't starting some of the big names such as Gadzhev, Reid, and Lameiras? Any hope of something from this weekend's match?

@sajtion, your acca was punished at the first hurdle with that Brentford capitulation. What are you looking to back this weekend?

@Punki85, you were right tipping goals in the Brentford versus Wolves game but you were off with the Fulham versus Blackburn. It was close though. Any thoughts on this weekend's action?

@andrewcalo, you were spot on too. Southend were huge value. I hope a few people took that on.

@Kenton Schweppes, an away Friday night fixture for you boys against struggling Bristol City. Is Tammy Abraham out injured? If so, got to be three points surely!

@canaries91, a home game against an inconsistent Barnsley. What do you think for your lads? A win? How do you feel about the Alex Neil sacking?

@allyhibs, always keen to hear your thoughts from north of the Scottish border mate!

Also keen to hear from others that post in this forum such as @DW_United, @discipline, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @MuineBheag, and @betcatalog.

more accas from me but this time i am staying away from mansfield, colchester and few others who screwed me over last time. the only bad thing this weekend is too many short odd favorites and difficult to spot upsets. i just gotta go with them and hope for the best. if they all come in then it's no problem

my selection

crystal palace, cardiff, newcastle, qpr, bolton, rochdale, fleetwood, millwall, bradford, plymouth, grimsby, doncaster

stake £15 returns £12.000

any opinions welcome

@StevieDay1983 Yep, just came short in midweek. Tough game for us on Saturday against Leeds, but we normally come away with something from there. I am not brave enough to call anything at the moment, as far as the Seagulls are concerned!

Matches catching my eye so far

Blacburn V Preston - I never thought that TM would do as well as he has at Blackburn, but he seems to be a good fit. I may rake a look at an overs/most home CORNERS here

Norwich V Barnsley

Norwich's new manager should get a response from them, if not in goals then in effort at least.Could be another Overs/home corners match

Forest V Derby

Again, Rowett could have an immediate impact, kicking a few Rams players up the arse this week. A match worth a look at, what do you think @CloughandTaylor?

QPR V Rotherham

QPR landed on the handicap for us the last time they played at home. I can see another one sided affair here, so perhaps the same again @Icongene ?

Will do some research when I get a spare 10 minutes & post my thoughts up

Your thoughts welcome in the meantime.....

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

@skyblues88, not sure you caught my post on the last thread. How come Robins isn't starting some of the big names such as Gadzhev, Reid, and Lameiras? Any hope of something from this weekend's match?

Don't have a clue mate, Gadzhev and Lameiras seem to have vanished and can't even make the matchday squad, no injuries either. Kyel Reid is always on the bench but strikers (Kwayme Thomas) and centre mids (Callum Reilly) are used ahead of him on the left wing. We are virtually down after the mess Slade left us in so Robins is just trying different things preparing for next season in League 2. Hopefully Slade's useless signings will be let go (Nathan Clarke, Kevin Foley, Yakubu, etc). Tuesday night against Southend was the worst home performance I have ever seen. Nothing there at all. No effort, no organisation and no creativity whatsoever. Just looks like the players are resigned to relegation and are going through the motions. Also, trying to stay fit for the Checkatrade Final at Wembley. 

My picks are:

- QPR - Won their last 3 home games. Should dispatch a Rotherham side who haven't got an away point since October. 

- NORWICH - Could be their last chance to start a big playoff push. They have got 5 out of their remaining 9 games at home. Probably need to win all 5 plus a couple away. Norwich have got lots of goals in them. 

- SHEFF UTD - Absolutely flying. Not long before their promotion to the Championship is confirmed. Charlton have conceded 9 goals in their last 3 away games. 

- MK DONS - For the reasons above. Our players have just gave up and look like they have no interest whatsoever. A win would ease any relegation worries MK Dons might have, especially with Port Vale having 2/3 games in hand on teams. The battle to avoid the last relegation spot could be very tight. 

@Tiffy.

Only thing guaranteed about Forest v D**by is that it will be as bitterly contested as ever, not a betting game as both in poor form.

Both will be looking for the "new manager bounce" factor, incredible that this is the 5th consecutive "derby" where both teams have a different manager than the previous encounter, says it all about how these clubs have been run the last few years sadly.

Pressure of a relegation fight versus pressure to grab a play-off spot, no bet loud and clear from me.

4 hours ago, CloughandTaylor said:

@Tiffy.

Only thing guaranteed about Forest v D**by is that it will be as bitterly contested as ever, not a betting game as both in poor form.

Both will be looking for the "new manager bounce" factor, incredible that this is the 5th consecutive "derby" where both teams have a different manager than the previous encounter, says it all about how these clubs have been run the last few years sadly.

Pressure of a relegation fight versus pressure to grab a play-off spot, no bet loud and clear from me.

Ok,fair comment, thanks for those wise words. I'll avoid this one. Derby were utter 5hite on Friday, but derby games add mare pressure into the mix

cheers

Edited by Tiffy

Sheffield Wed v Reading FC
Sheffield Wed: Glenn Loovens (25/1 d), Tom Lees (27/0 d, captain), Gary Hooper (17/5 f)(all doubtful), Fernando Forestieri (31/11 f, top scorer), Vincent Sasso (11/2 d, suspended), Sam Hutchinson (31/2 d), Almen Abdi (16/1 m), Callum McManaman (9/0 m), Kieran Lee (23/4 m), Urby Emanuelson (0/0 m), Marco Matias (0/0 f)
Reading FC: Paul McShane (29/3 d), Jordon Mutch (6/1 m), Liam Moore (31/1 d), Liam Kelly (20/1 m)(all doubtful), Stephen Quinn (7/0 m), Tiago Ilori (2/0 d), Deniss Rakels (2/0 f), Callum Harriott (12/1 m), Danzell Gravenberch (1/0 d)

Port Vale v Shrewsbury
Port Vale: Rigino Cicilia (20/4 f), Scott Tanser (5/0 d), Kjell Knops (27/0 d), Sebastien Amoros (10/0 m)(all doubtful), Jerome Thomas (21/1 m), Danny Pugh (6/0 m), Tyler Walker (6/2 f), Anthony de Freitas (19/0 m), Chris Mbamba (6/0 m), Adam Yates (0/0 d)
Shrewsbury: AJ Leitch-Smith (14/1 f), Shaun Whalley (23/2 f)(both doubtful), Abu Ogogo (23/0 m, captain), Olly Lancashire (16/1 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

3 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

I've lost big accas by one choice three days on the trot now. If you boys want to jump in in my acca this weekend it's likely to come in. I'll post here and in the acca thread.

you probably didn't have as many as me this season. it's getting near hundred mark 

One Friday game catching my eye is Bristol City V Huddersfield

Since Feb, All of Huddersfields away games have featured over 10 corners.

All of City's last 4 home matches have featured 9 or more.

City aren't great on corners themselves, the season average at home is 8.2 compared to Huddersfields away average of 10.6

Huddersfields last 3 away games have featured 45 corners!

I would fancy Huddersfield to attack tonight, and they should win. City need to get themselves out of trouble too, so they will want to push forward, especially being at home.

Selections

Huddesfield -1 AH corners 2.8

O9 corners 1.72

Fleetwood v AFC Wimbledon

Fleetwood got back to winning ways midweek, winning 1-0 away at walsall after their 4-2 defeat by bolton at the weekend. Wimbledon have a poor away record W1 D3 L4 of the last 8. Wimbledon are comfortably mid table and i expect Fleetwood to perform in front of the home fans after seeing them lose 4-2 last time. I consider Walsall a much better team than wimbledon as well

Fleetwood @ 2.00

@salmonman, I agree with that. I'm backing Newcastle all the way in that one. I do not rate Zola at all.

@Tiffy, knew you'd be all over a bet like that. Great spot!

@Tanktop, that's a decent find with Fleetwood at that price. I'd be tempted to back draw no bet or double chance.

Here is my inside view of the Cardiff game. It's going to be tough against Ipswich. I do think we should be looking to win it though. They should be without Emyr Huws who has been a quality signing on loan for them... from us. I feel their recent form has been helped massively by Tom Lawrence's form so unless he has a blinder I would expect us to get a solid one or two goal win. The local media is trying to get on Warnock's back already saying it's four games without a win. We have been down to our bare bones though. Our local media is so pro-rugby they take every opportunity to knock the football. It doesn't help that one of the chief football writers for the local Cardiff paper is a Swansea fan!

Anyway, we have a fair few players back now and I expect us to be far better drilled and positioned going into this game. We haven't lost at home to Ipswich since 11th March, 2011. Warnock and McCarthy have gone toe-to-toe a number of times over the years with mixed results. I expect a home win though.

@Tiffy QPR looks a very safe bet. Rotherham like a few corners though and get much more than their position suggests, slightly below average for the league when (a) from home. QPR are right up in the top 6 for corner averages (h) and (a).

Bristol City v Huddersfield is surely going to go under here?

The (a) side with only 5 goals in their last 5. Bristol's last 4 games gone under also.

I can see a tight one here.

BET: Under 2.5 at 1.80

Edited by Icongene

It's not an easy round to find any real value but there's a few games look pretty straightforward to pick a winner;

It's been mentioned a couple of times already, Newcastle win at 3/4 looks like a gift to me. The Geordies away form is very good against a freefalling Birmingham side. Looks too easy.

QPR's form has been really solid, 4 wins from the last 6, they should have far too much for poor Rotherham. QPR win at 1/2.

Sheffield United win at 4/9, Bradford win at 4/7 and Doncaster win at 4/7 all look solid to me and will be going in various accas.

In Scotland there's one game in League Two i'm very interested in, Clyde v Edinburgh City. There's been a bit of chat in these parts (Edinburgh) about the improvement at City recently, with the addition of ex Hibs and Celtic striker Derrick Riordan plus on loan Hibs kid Lewis Allen, there's certainly a serious goal threat at this level. They beat top of the table Forfar last week and if they can repeat that level of form this week they can surely outscore a Clyde side whose form reads P10 W0 D2 L8. Edinburgh City win at 23/10 is very much a value bet.

Really struggling to find value this week. Don't like backing teams so short this time of the season as lots of teams fighting for different reasons. The only value I can see if fleetwood at 21/20. They are an excellent home team albeit then lost the last home game but were unbeaten in something like 18 games before then. They bounced back midweek and they are good odds to beat a wimbledon side with nothing to play for and a below average away record.  

Can I ask does anyone do bbts and win Bets? If so what do folknow fancy.  I fancy Fulham and btts.

17 hours ago, Tiffy said:

One Friday game catching my eye is Bristol City V Huddersfield

Since Feb, All of Huddersfields away games have featured over 10 corners.

All of City's last 4 home matches have featured 9 or more.

City aren't great on corners themselves, the season average at home is 8.2 compared to Huddersfields away average of 10.6

Huddersfields last 3 away games have featured 45 corners!

I would fancy Huddersfield to attack tonight, and they should win. City need to get themselves out of trouble too, so they will want to push forward, especially being at home.

Selections

Huddesfield -1 AH corners 2.8

O9 corners 1.72

Jesus, what happened to your team last night @Kenton Schweppes? Hopefully now your good run will be over and will afford Brighton some breathing space! This of course means that Brighton will now lose to Leeds today, as whenever they have a chance to pull away, they never do.

So the corner count finished 1-1!!!! 1 fckn 1, #€$¥&£Y Hell, what was that all about. Huddersfield were 3-0 down before they got one, it's unbelievable really!

@allyhibs looks like I have paid you back for a Hibs bet I took off you a few weeks ago! (Lost at 1.5 I think)

@Icongene busted your unders too didn't it!

Oh well, we live to fight another day

QPR V ROTHERHAM

I know that you can have all the stats in the world, and obviously history doesn't always repeat itself (otherwise we would all be rich, right?)

But when looking at games, and in particular a bet, I always try and make a case using stats as to whether I should/shouldn't take the bet. Then I add into the mix what 1or both teams are playing for and then decide.

After last nights disappointing result in the BRC V HUD match, I am focusing on the game above today.

QPR have won half of their home matches on the corner count. Their home games feature an average of 12.26 corners, and they win on average by +1.

They are at home, and Holloway will have them attacking.

Rotherham have only won 4 away matches on the corner count. They are losing 85-123 in total and are averaging a -2 loss per game. Their away matches average 10.95 corners this season.

They are fighting relegation, and will be set up defensively to preserve themselves., but will have to push forward if they go behind.

selction

QPR V ROTH O10 corners 1.72

QPR -1 AH 1.4  

Probably double up the handicap bet with something else

14 hours ago, allyhibs said:

@Tiffy I've followed you with the Huddersfield -1 corners. Great shout.

@StevieDay1983 I'm going to add Cardiff to a few accas. I have this weird dislike of Ipswich, I have absolutely no idea why!!!! :loon

:lol Tiffy mate! Again! Need to get order out on a special member tag for you. "Corner King" or something similar. Great work!

Ally, I always give inside information on Cardiff but I would never recommend backing us. That's the pessimistic side coming out in me. We are really decent value this weekend though.

1 hour ago, Tiffy said:

QPR V ROTHERHAM

I know that you can have all the stats in the world, and obviously history doesn't always repeat itself (otherwise we would all be rich, right?)

But when looking at games, and in particular a bet, I always try and make a case using stats as to whether I should/shouldn't take the bet. Then I add into the mix what 1or both teams are playing for and then decide.

After last nights disappointing result in the BRC V HUD match, I am focusing on the game above today.

QPR have won half of their home matches on the corner count. Their home games feature an average of 12.26 corners, and they win on average by +1.

They are at home, and Holloway will have them attacking.

Rotherham have only won 4 away matches on the corner count. They are losing 85-123 in total and are averaging a -2 loss per game. Their away matches average 10.95 corners this season.

They are fighting relegation, and will be set up defensively to preserve themselves., but will have to push forward if they go behind.

selction

QPR V ROTH O10 corners 1.72

QPR -1 AH 1.4  

Probably double up the handicap bet with something else

God I feel like weeping mate, a big chance to heap some pressure on both you and Newcastle, make you win both win today but god, we were just rubbish all over the park, just so poor it's untrue. To be honest I think that hammers the nail in our automatic promotion coffin and it's yours and Newcastle's now from here on in.

Going to have a study and come back with some bets after my lay off.

Right onto today, Villa are sticking out like a sore thumb away up at Wigan priced at 6/4. Villa have shown an upsurge in form of late with only defeat at Huddersfield. Wigan have sacked Warren Joyce this week, to be honest, they look a bit clueless and defeat against Bristol City last week hasn't helped matters either. Be interesting to see how they do now but I'm not convinced it'll make much difference they have struggled all season under two different managers, Villa win.

Into League 2 now, Stevenage at home to Pompey, they are separated by 1 place and 4 points in the table yet Stevenage are priced at 7/2? Stevenage are in decent form of late and it's a real mystery as to why Stevenage are priced at 7/2 at home, thats just barmy. This Pompey love in from the bookies continues. Fair enough Pompey are in form but think they've priced this up wrong.

Lastly, we'll take Allyhibs advice here and back Edinburgh City 5/2, good god one look at Clyde's record and thats bloody awful. Trusting you here Ally mate. To be fair Edinburgh have won their last 2 away games, so that gives us some confidence.

Villa 6/4, Stevenage 7/2 and Edinburgh City 7/2 pays a whopping 38/1.

My selections for this weekend goes as follows:

Peterhead to beat Albion Rovers who have lost 4 out of last 6, and drawn the other 2

Aldershot to beat Sutton (7th v 16th) Happy to take team who should be odds on at evens

Sheffield Utd to beat Charlton -1ah (agree with post that Utd should win this by more than 1, but cover just the same)

Fleetwood to beat Wimbledon who have won 5 out of last 6

Usually go no higher than doubles, but can't make my mind up this weekend.

Perming this with doubles upwards

GL

My bets today are: Newcastle and QPR double 2,7 with medium stakes. Both has been covered above and I dont have much to add.
my second bet is Fulham to beat Wolves 1,85. Fulham has a great opportunity to establish themself in the top 6 if they win today. Sheffield lost yesterday and Fulham will face a weak Rotherham in the next game. Fulham has great stats at home and should be able to beat Wolves at home even if they have improved lately.