** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Mar 10th - 13th

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, it's a tough one. I don't rate Alan Irvine as a manage at all. He's more like Steve McClaren where he's a very decent coach but not manager material. He had decent squads at Preston and Sheffield Wednesday but still had a win ratio of 40%. He then failed miserably at West Brom lasting just 22 matches. Can he do something short term? I don't know. This Norwich squad should be doing a lot better than it has been. I'm staying away from it. My gut instinct favours Norwich slightly but it's hard.

Great result for your boys last night, @Tiffy. Did you back them to keep a clean sheet? Looks like the wheels have come off the Derby promotion hunting bus!

No I didn't back them. I wasn't sure how the makeshift defence would be. Also the last time I saw Derby was when they ripped us apart a few seasons ago 5-1. However, Rosenior deputised nicely at left back & Hudemier gave a MOM performance at CH. He looked rusty when standing in for Dunk against Brentford, but was immense last night. The midfield were excellent and the strikers scored. But, Derby were very poor. I was a bit worried when I saw there line up, but they offered nothing. McLaren has a massive rebuilding job on his hands there. 

Brighton got 6 corners in the first hal! Derby only managed 1 and that came after they conceded the second goal.

Pressure is now back on Huddersfield & Newcastle today!

On 09/03/2017, 09:44:17, StevieDay1983 said:

@skyblues88, now Russell Slade has gone is there a bit more optimism about the place or is there just a sense of resignation and rebuild for next season?

I am absolutely delighted Russell Slade has been sacked. He's the worst manager we have had. Tactically inept, doesn't pick any flair players that leaves you with no creativity whatsoever. We were 2 points adrift of safety on his arrival and we now find ourselves 13 points adrift. We all know the oweners SISU are the massive problem, but playing 11 players in their proper positions would help a bit!!  No optimism left for this season, optimistic we have brought in a decent manager (Mark Robins) for our League 2 campaign next season. 

My picks are:

- WOLVES:    Big win for Wolves to stay above the relegation zone against a very poor Rotherham side.

- TOTTENHAM -1:    I would imagine Pochetino (however you spell it!) will go very strong again like the last round. Tottenham's 4th consecutive Sunday game (1 Europa Cup game in between) with 1 more next Sunday too. 

- NEWCASTLE:   Massive game for Newcastle after Brigton's win last night. Newcastle to win to preserve the 3 point gap. 

- CELTIC:   Although Celtic are a massive 27 points clear at the top, they'll want to smash Rangers in the Old Firm Derby. A big gulf in class between the 2 teams. 

I'm on Burton-Nottingham and Bournemouth-West Ham first-half overs at around 1.7 each, and I have too many others I'm considering. Liking a bunch of League Two dogs, including Colchester home to Portsmouth and Crawley and Stevenage away. Also like the chances for Coventry to get something home to Bradford in League One. Have an hour to sort it all out.

1 hour ago, allthethings said:

I'm on Burton-Nottingham and Bournemouth-West Ham first-half overs at around 1.7 each, and I have too many others I'm considering. Liking a bunch of League Two dogs, including Colchester home to Portsmouth and Crawley and Stevenage away. Also like the chances for Coventry to get something home to Bradford in League One. Have an hour to sort it all out.

Coventry-Bradford X @ 3.5

Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage to win @ 4.1ish

The first-half overs were Burton-Nottingham o0.75, Bournemouth-West Ham o1.

Edited by allthethings

2 hours ago, skyblues88 said:

I am absolutely delighted Russell Slade has been sacked. He's the worst manager we have had. Tactically inept, doesn't pick any flair players that leaves you with no creativity whatsoever. We were 2 points adrift of safety on his arrival and we now find ourselves 13 points adrift. We all know the oweners SISU are the massive problem, but playing 11 players in their proper positions would help a bit!!  No optimism left for this season, optimistic we have brought in a decent manager (Mark Robins) for our League 2 campaign next season. 

My picks are:

- WOLVES:    Big win for Wolves to stay above the relegation zone against a very poor Rotherham side.

- TOTTENHAM -1:    I would imagine Pochetino (however you spell it!) will go very strong again like the last round. Tottenham's 4th consecutive Sunday game (1 Europa Cup game in between) with 1 more next Sunday too. 

- NEWCASTLE:   Massive game for Newcastle after Brigton's win last night. Newcastle to win to preserve the 3 point gap. 

- CELTIC:   Although Celtic are a massive 27 points clear at the top, they'll want to smash Rangers in the Old Firm Derby. A big gulf in class between the 2 teams. 

Yeah, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on you guys today. I think if Robins can just boost spirits a little then you could find your results improving. I didn't realised he had managed you before and won every other game when in charge. Not bad. He also did a decent job with an average side at Rotherham. He's not done very well with Huddersfield or Scunthorpe but I think they were on downward turns when he came to them.

Low odds corner double today

CELTIC V RANGERS

Scottish football normally lets me down, but after some research, and with Celtic being at home, they should win the corner count.

SPURS V MILWALL

Both teams like to attack & it should be a cracking cup tie. Tottenham should win the count, but after some research I am confident that there will be a fair few corners too. 

investing all of yesterday's winnings into

Celtic most corners

TOT V MIL O9 corners

pays 1.97

2 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Both corner bets won. Thanks for the back up advice @Icongene

There were 13 corners in the BRE V HUD match, with the home side having the most 7-6

Wolves comfortably covered the -2 handicap, winning 8-3

oh, and to complete my joy, the geordies got a right stuffing too!

Great picks with the corners @Tiffy.

As for Newcastle, think that defeat was universally welcomed as they are such shocking losers with little respect and no class, hope Brighton pick up the silverware as well as promotion.

4 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Both corner bets won. Thanks for the back up advice @Icongene

There were 13 corners in the BRE V HUD match, with the home side having the most 7-6

Wolves comfortably covered the -2 handicap, winning 8-3

oh, and to complete my joy, the geordies got a right stuffing too!

As for Newcastle, think that defeat was universally welcomed as they are such shocking losers with little respect and no class, hope Brighton pick up the silverware as well as promotion.

Celtic -1.5 @ 2.06, should cover the handicap today.

43 minutes ago, CloughandTaylor said:

Celtic -1.5 @ 2.06, should cover the handicap today.

Is that when your team were celebrating like they'd won the premier league after beating 9 men Newcastle through cheating?

7 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Low odds corner double today

CELTIC V RANGERS

Scottish football normally lets me down, but after some research, and with Celtic being at home, they should win the corner count.

SPURS V MILWALL

Both teams like to attack & it should be a cracking cup tie. Tottenham should win the count, but after some research I am confident that there will be a fair few corners too. 

investing all of yesterday's winnings into

Celtic most corners

TOT V MIL O9 corners

pays 1.97

Yep, Scottish football ALWAYS lets me down!

Bloody Celtic 3-3 with Rangers, so unreliable it's untrue!

4 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Celtic were really poor yesterday. I don't buy the hype about Dembele either, never a £40 million player.

Perhaps the occasion got to them? But agree, he's never worth that much money!

Chelsea - United Looks like it is going to be a physical and tuff game. United will play with 5 defenders and try to break through on counter attacks.
Chelsea will certainly have possession. 

I managed to get 4,6 on Phil Jones to get a card (betfair), which is a steal. He will have problems with Hazard and Alonso.
4,0-4,7 on cards for Smalling and Costa looks good too.

Edited by DW_United