** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Mar 10th - 13th

champratings.jpg.d20943fd27bbffad5e9bbe1

league1ratings.jpg.c919e16ec300ddeeaea31

league2ratings.jpg.25481511c90eb449a4d5c

splratings.jpg.1afdcf65a2c0551adb1bbb23c

We have games all over the place this week. The FA Cup, Championship, League One, League Two, SPL, and Scottish Championship are all scheduled. There are also some cracking fixtures coming up this weekend. Chelsea versus Manchester United in the FA Cup and Celtic versus Rangers in the SPL are the highlights.

@Icongene, get back on that horse mate! Just because you're experiencing a poor run of results doesn't mean you should give up. Some opportunities this weekend. What are you going for?

@dogmeister, you hit a purple patch last week with Stirling and Berwick. What is taking your fancy this weekend?

@Tiffy, you backing the corners market again this week? What games are you lining up? Also, your boys back to winning ways in midweek. Got a chance to extend that winning run against a Derby side with just 1 win in their last 8 league matches. You confident?

@Kenton Schweppes, great win for your team in midweek against Aston Villa. Tough match this weekend away to a Brentford side that has won 3 of its last 4 league games. What do you think about this weekend?

@DW_United, keen to hear your thoughts after some decent tips recently.

@Tanktop, top calls on the BTTS and Walsall outcomes but Sheffield Wednesday let you down. What are you betting on this weekend?

@sajtion, a mixed bag of results in midweek but you picked some decent shouts. What about these games?

@Punki85, you made us aware of Villa's injury crisis so any more valuable knowledge for these games would be appreciated.

@salmonman, what are you thinking of backing this weekend?

@MuineBheag, another top tip from you backing Portsmouth away. It was never in doubt. More of those would be awesome!

@rangers234, you must be buzzing. Another win in midweek makes it 4 wins in your last 5 league games. Surely, you're fancying your chances this weekend!

@canaries91, another draw in midweek now means it's 5 league games without a win for your lads. Can you stop the rot this weekend?

@allyhibs, hit us with your thoughts from north of the Scottish border!

@skyblues88, now Russell Slade has gone is there a bit more optimism about the place or is there just a sense of resignation and rebuild for next season?

@betcatalog, give us some of those goals market tips buddy!

An early scan of the fixtures doesn't throw up much. I may take a look at the BRE V HUD match. Two attacking sides may produce goals & corners. As for Brighton, I am never confident, but at home we shouldn't lose against Derby. It will be a tough game, and I may take Derby on the corners, but will take a look first. After signing no one in Jan, and now hit by a spate of defensive injuries, including 2 at CH, we have just signed an out of contract 29yr old from Norway as emergency cover! We have no natural left back, as both are injured too, so defence will be makeshift. Our rock, Shane Duffy is out for 6 weeks with a metatarsal injury now.

i know I am staying clear of results, but I would fancy your boys to beat a hopeless Birmingham side @StevieDay1983, maybe a game to look at corners too?

@Icongene, I am glad to have inspired you to a winning bet last week,what does your beast reckon now that it is out of winter hibernation? Also where did you get your corner stats from regarding the QPR game. I am trying to find a decent site for that info.

i am spoiled for choice this week. i think there are some good matches this weekend. let's hope i have picked the right ten. just for fun

everton - still have a chance of europa league and lukaku to get back on scoring and at home very strong

west ham - bournemouth concede too many and haven't won in a while, west ham looking better recently

cardiff -  i don't believe in zola project. he seems clueless and why is the management sticking with him

barnsley - they had tough run against some big opponents and ipswich can't win although are hard to beat...hmmm

newcastle - fulham conceded a lot but they will probably have a go but newcastle should come out on top and have beaten some good teams in recent weeks

morecambe - surely this is a type of game they should bag three points. i don't often like to get involved in when yeovil games i don't know much about them but i know they can frustrate teams with lots of draws...hmmm

exeter - accrington are still iffy in my opinion although have looked alright recently but exeter have a bit more class and play at home

doncaster - surely going to get back to winning again. they are leaders in division so no pressure

carlisle v cambridge - btts - both love to attack so no brainer

peterborough v oxford -  btts - both attacking teams and again easy decision

maybe i should swap morecambe, exeter, barnsley but i don't know. is it better option to maybe swap them with wigan, leeds, huddersfield?  what does everyone else think?

£10 returns £10.000

2 hours ago, Icongene said:

@sajtion I'd expect Leeds win their (h) match this weekend.

Exeter are a funny one, as they have been poor for a number of weeks whilst Accrington are unbeaten in 5 so I'd avoid them personally. 

they have both drawn a lot of matches recently with neither looking like winning. exeter are playing at home though and between december and february were in fantastic form. i don't know if they can recapture that kind of form again but being seventh in league with a chance of playoff surely has got to motivate them. accrington saved a couple of points in past matches but they look vulnerable to me especially away form has been atrocious

i am not sure about leeds and neither are bookes. their odds may rise. qpr have been tight at the back and playing in shrewd way. most expect leeds to deliver and pressure will be on them but qpr won't force it too much and i think ian holloway may be happy to come away with a point  

Edited by sajtion

Cowdenbeath are hapless and are now adrift at the foot of the table. 7 losses in a row they are a team beret of confidence.  They come up against a Berwick side who have won their last 3 games at home scoring 11 goals in the process.  We rode the Berwick train in midweek and got the result at good odds although what should of been a comfortable result was made to sweat slightly with Berwick's inability to keep the ball out the net as Clyde kept coming back at them.

I still think the books have still to catch out the lower Scottish leagues. 6/5 for the Home win is a good price.  i also have lean to the price of BTS Berwick at 11/4 as Berwick do concede.

Stirling are the form side in the league unbeaten in 5 games with 3 wins in a row. Montrose are inconsistent, could win this game but if i was going to price this game up i'm going with form and value and 21/10 for the away win is a nobrainer as this game is 50/50.  8/11 for Stirling double chance is great for combos

i will probably have my usual £5/£10 lottery ticket accum picking from the english leagues on what you guys suggest but i main tip and bets will be

£25 Berwick 6/5

£5  Berwick BTS  11/4

£10 Stirling 21/10

£5 Stirling Berwick double

£5 Berwick  BTS Stirling BTS double

Edited by dogmeister

5 hours ago, sajtion said:

i am spoiled for choice this week. i think there are some good matches this weekend. let's hope i have picked the right ten. just for fun

everton - still have a chance of europa league and lukaku to get back on scoring and at home very strong

west ham - bournemouth concede too many and haven't won in a while, west ham looking better recently

cardiff -  i don't believe in zola project. he seems clueless and why is the management sticking with him

barnsley - they had tough run against some big opponents and ipswich can't win although are hard to beat...hmmm

newcastle - fulham conceded a lot but they will probably have a go but newcastle should come out on top and have beaten some good teams in recent weeks

morecambe - surely this is a type of game they should bag three points. i don't often like to get involved in when yeovil games i don't know much about them but i know they can frustrate teams with lots of draws...hmmm

exeter - accrington are still iffy in my opinion although have looked alright recently but exeter have a bit more class and play at home

doncaster - surely going to get back to winning again. they are leaders in division so no pressure

carlisle v cambridge - btts - both love to attack so no brainer

peterborough v oxford -  btts - both attacking teams and again easy decision

maybe i should swap morecambe, exeter, barnsley but i don't know. is it better option to maybe swap them with wigan, leeds, huddersfield?  what does everyone else think?

£10 returns £10.000

i am swapping barnsley and morecambe for huddersfield and upping the stake to £25. this should come around to £10.000. oh yeah baby gimme gimme gimme 

Hibs should never be odds against when we play anyone in this league. We've been struggling lately to break down sides who put 10 men behind the ball and sit in, Utd won't do that tonight, they'll be more open than most and that suits us perfectly. We've done well in the big games this season and this feels like another big performance is on the cards. Hibs win at 23/20, yes please.

Celtic are on a completely different level to Rangers and I can see an easy home win here. Celtic -1 at 21/20 looks like a gift.

For value hunters, how about Blackburn win at 4/1, big improvement since the new manager came in against a Norwich side with no wins in 5.

Chelsea to beat Man Utd. Given that the EL gives the winner a CL spot, Mourinho is likely to focus on that game instead. He will probably field a decent but not their strongest team. Chelsea has almost won the title so they should be able to focus on the FA cup as well.

Avoid Brighton tonight. There are too many injuries at the moment!

WOLVES V ROTHERHAM

In their 18 home matches this season, Wolves lead the corner count 103-81

They have had the most in 11/18 games, and in those 11 matches won by a count of 69-34 with an average of +3.18.

Rotherham's 19 home matches this season have lost the count in 13 of those games, drawing 4. They have lost the count 48-92, losing by an average of 3.38 per game.

Prices reflect this, but I am taking Wolves on a handicap of -2 at 1.55.

BRENTFORD V HUDDERSFIELD

Two attacking sides go head to head here, and it will be difficult to chose who has the most corners, although I would go with Brentford against most other teams.

In their 17 home matches the corner count has seen an average of 12.12 corners. And in Huddersfield's 18 away matches, they'total 10.5. 

Huddersfield have to go for it to keep up the pressure on Brighton, so I will take the 2.05 on there being over 10 corners

My bets for the weekend :

Burton to beat Nottingham 2,45. Burton surprised me by drawing away against Sheffield W. They defend really well and has only conceded 3 goals in the last 5 games against decent opponents. Nottingham is really ustable and quite unpredictable. They are conceding far too many goals and if Burton can score here then they will have a good chance to win. 

Cardiff to beat Birmingham 1,9. Cardiff is a strong home side. Birmingham has a terrible form and lost against wigan at home last Tuesday, I don't see them getting anything here. 

Leeds to beat QPR 2,02. Leeds is another strong home side and is playing QPR which has very good form with 4 wins in the last 5. But QPR is stuck in the middle of the table and I think motivation will be a factor here. 

Blackburn Asian +1,5 at 2,2.  Norwich has been really weak lately and I think they have given up the chance for a play off spot with 9 points upp. Blackburn is reborn and will stay clear of relegation zone if they continue like this. I think they have a good shot to at least get a point even if Norwich is the stronger team here

A lot of faith in Cardiff and, I have to admit, I really fancy us to beat Birmingham. Our 2017/18 season tickets were released this week and the club is making a huge push to try and get people in. Neil Warnock is the face of that campaign and he has said the team will give 100% every game between now and the end of the season to show fans what they can expect next season. The club is expecting a decent crowd and Birmingham really haven't impressed me under Zola. They have only won games due to the opposition being dire. I would be disappointed if we didn't stick 2 or 3 on them but I'll just take 3 points. We still probably won't keep a clean sheet though!

4 hours ago, allyhibs said:

@dogmeister I agree with the Berwick shout. Cowdenbeath are in serious trouble on and off the park and I don't think the appointment today of Gary Locke as their new manager is going to improve anything.

I expect Gary Locke to get a reaction, but fact is Locke has had many chances now at management and he has proven himself to be average at the job. He might steady the ship but away to free scoring Berwick is a tough ask. Obviously with the nature of gambling Beath could pull it off but I reckon books price is extremely generous on home side and that's value in my eyes 

1 hour ago, Tanktop said:

fcuk it!!!! just spent ages writing up stuff and mu fucking computer loses connection.

Fleetwood v Bolton

Blah blah fucking internet...

Fleetwood @ 2.25  

Wimbledon v Northampton

...blah blah...

over 2.5 goals @ 1.83

Wimbledon & over 2.5 goals @ 3.25

It's okay Tank Top mate I got you covered ...

fcuk it!!!! just spent ages writing up stuff and mu fucking computer loses connection.

Fleetwood v Bolton

Bolton's first keeper is out this week because haemorrhoids. Anyway they forgot to find a replacement so they've got no keeper and this so this should be an easy result for Fleetwood - I was tempted by the -1 but Fleetwood have let me down in the past so not risking it (I've currently got Fleetwood under surveillance from my burger van - I'll get them boys back for letting me down so I will) 

Fleetwood @ 2.25  

Wimbledon v Northampton

I remortgaged and paid off Northampton so this is a V. predictable result. I have stuck sixty grand on it anyway.

over 2.5 goals @ 1.83

Wimbledon & over 2.5 goals @ 3.25

BTTS is the bet on Blackburn/Norwich fo-shizzle.

Cardiff and Leeds both look too good to be true so knowing Leeds, they'll now somehow get stuffed. QPR are in decent form so would expect to score.

Also Blackpool have picked up some nice form and are (a) at awful Wycombe. Could be decent on a DnB but im reluctant to touch that league this week after it stung me last Saturday.

@Tiffy Brentford have the highest average corners per game in the league when playing (h) and Huddersfield have the 4th highest of any (a) team. Should be lots :ok

Edited by Icongene

11 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Hibs should never be odds against when we play anyone in this league. We've been struggling lately to break down sides who put 10 men behind the ball and sit in, Utd won't do that tonight, they'll be more open than most and that suits us perfectly. We've done well in the big games this season and this feels like another big performance is on the cards. Hibs win at 23/20, yes please.

Celtic are on a completely different level to Rangers and I can see an easy home win here. Celtic -1 at 21/20 looks like a gift.

For value hunters, how about Blackburn win at 4/1, big improvement since the new manager came in against a Norwich side with no wins in 5.

Thanks for this thought on the Hibees, they have let me down of late but I put them in a treble with Brighton and Marseille after reading your post, so a good start to the weekends proceeding 

Edited by dogmeister

Brechin seem big at 3/1 away at Peterhead. Both in poor form but there is not that much difference between the teams. I think Mc a luster who is peterheads top scorer is suspended. Both teams concede.

My top fancy is West ham at 9/5. Bourmouth are conceding a lot of goals and West harm are scoring. 9/5 looks good value to me

Well time to get a decent double lads,time has come.

BRISTOL CITY 21/10

They are playing decent football,not getting results lately,Latics with midfield issues for this one,golden boy Abraham back to City squad.Odds are way to good to miss it.

LEYTON ORIENT 11/5

After hammering Newport away next on the schedule are the Mariners,which went off the boil recently.We all know hosts are too good to be playing National level in the next season,their home form is terrible so far,but this game looks perfect to start late season good run of results.

Double pays over 9/1 GOODLUCK

15 hours ago, dogmeister said:

I expect Gary Locke to get a reaction, but fact is Locke has had many chances now at management and he has proven himself to be average at the job. He might steady the ship but away to free scoring Berwick is a tough ask. Obviously with the nature of gambling Beath could pull it off but I reckon books price is extremely generous on home side and that's value in my eyes 

Agreed. Gary Locke has shown nothing in his management career to suggest he could even improve a pub team.

10 hours ago, dogmeister said:

Thanks for this thought on the Hibees, they have let me down of late but I put them in a treble with Brighton and Marseille after reading your post, so a good start to the weekends proceeding 

We've been struggling to break teams down lately that sit in, largely down to our centre half Paul Hanlon being out injured imo. He's a classy player who plays the ball out to feet, his passing is first class. Without him we've been a bit prone to launching long high balls which the stuffer teams defences lap up.

We've proved in the last few seasons that we usually turn up for the big games and did it again last night, the scoreline flattered Utd, we were in control throughout and really should have won by more.

On our day we are capable of beating anyone in the country bar Celtic. I'll make a bold prediction now for the Scottish Cup semi v Aberdeen in a few weeks time. We will get to the final :loon

15 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

Anyone else looking at Middlesbrough?

Also - @StevieDay1983 Blackburn have a 5 hour trip to Norwich...last three games all Norwich though...hmmh...

Yeah, it's a tough one. I don't rate Alan Irvine as a manage at all. He's more like Steve McClaren where he's a very decent coach but not manager material. He had decent squads at Preston and Sheffield Wednesday but still had a win ratio of 40%. He then failed miserably at West Brom lasting just 22 matches. Can he do something short term? I don't know. This Norwich squad should be doing a lot better than it has been. I'm staying away from it. My gut instinct favours Norwich slightly but it's hard.

Great result for your boys last night, @Tiffy. Did you back them to keep a clean sheet? Looks like the wheels have come off the Derby promotion hunting bus!

Price on Berwick now a massive 7/5 so drifted quite dramatically. So proceed with caution. I really think that the books are reading too much into Berwick playing in midweek and beath having a new manager. I can't see any real injury issues either. You can't polish a turd...;)  Beath are still pants.  

Still like Stirling also like Stranraer at home to Queen's Park, two teams form going in opposite directions. And Alloa at home to Stenny. 

English leagues look tricky but I do like carlisles price at home to Cambridge I will probably have a snifter.

also think Swansea playing some nice stuff ATM will beat hull.