Announcements
*** Cheltenham Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Skittle, 2nd. glavintobuy & 3rd. Cragwood ***
** March Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd andybell666, 3rd ian309 **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MABS, 2nd PercyP, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Catijohn, 5th runadrum **
** March Naps Competition Result: 1st GARY66, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th MICK33. KO Cup Winner SILVER FOX, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

laligaratings.jpg.7fff4679e7cae2b1a1985b

An extended array of fixtures up here with the one game in midweek so have added it to the weekend's fixtures. It was a decent week last week with the top seven teams going unbeaten last weekend with six of those earning wins. Barcelona look irresistible as they storm away to their wins lately. What does this weekend hold with tasty looking games at decent prices all over the place.

@Icongene, you polished off the weekend with a lovely BTTS bet that came off. What is taking your picks here?

@yoju82, your over 2.5 goals bet on the Alaves game almost came in. It was a decent shout. What do you like this week?

@Notorious, more positives than negatives for you last weekend. Interested to see your picks.

@Sir Puntalot, backing Eibar this week? That price is very tempting but their away form isn't the best. Still, Osasuna are atrocious home and away!

@Pep004, what are your views on the La Liga landscape this week?

@DrBetter, that BTTS punt didn't come in but I don't think many anticipated that score line. What bets are you lining up this week?

@Magic0024, hit us with some of those vital stats mate!

@betcatalog, keen to hear your thoughts on the week's matches as always!

@Kunal888, you backed the handicaps market last week. Are you tempted to do that again this week?

@sajtion, you made some good points last week. I hope you backed those musings up with some related bets. Would have been a good week for you. What are you thinking here?

i watched malaga last weekend and they were labouring hard. they never looked like scoring. alavas has taken points of atletico madrid, sevilla, valencia and beaten villarreal. they have some agile pacy players and it worth a punt on them

real sociedad odds will drop even further by weekend. they are close to champions league places and athletico bilbao are just not as good on their travels as their are at home. they haven't won or scored in their last five away games. it's easy call for home win

i'm liking villarreal to win here due to celta vigo playing europa league on thursday. the guest will tire them and grind them down and probably win 0-2

sevilla, valencia, barcelona, atletico madrid need no reasoning unless you're backing against them

Edited by sajtion
4 hours ago, nova8899 said:

Spain La Liga
Lacoruna vs  R. betis
Betis +0.25 @1.11 on Asian Handicap (HK Odds)

I have moved this post into here. No need for a whole new thread just for a single bet tip when it relates to these games. :ok

Anybody else on this game tonight? Cheers for your input, @nova8899.

Depor has definitely changed direction after the coach change and tonight they will probably aim for another win against a Betis side who has been leaking goals for the past 4 rounds. All their last 4 games have finished with both teams scoring and after seeing their games against Sevilla and Real Sociedad, I am confident Deportivo will manage to hit the net at least once.

Over 2.5 @ 2.20 is more than generous for me 

Edited by gabymnk

just some advice if you change these match you will have more chance of winning

espanyol to win since las palmas are terrible away and i don't expect them to score

real sociedad to win which will be tight defensively and i don't think bilbao will score

villarreal to win but not more than 2 goals in the match since celta vigo will play after europa league and unlikely to be in mood for high scoring match

...and by the way don't bet against barcelona lol

Edited by sajtion

La Liga:

Valencia's most common home scoreline in La Liga this season is a 2-1 win (25% of their home matches) and Sporting Gijon's most common away scoreline is a 2-1 defeat (39% of their away matches).

Sevilla have kept a clean sheet in 42% of their home matches in La Liga this season.

You can find interesting Football Facts for 10.03.2017 at http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-10-03-2017 or https://www.facebook.com/EuroFootballRumours

" Las Palmas have to manage without two of their goal scorers last week, Livaja and Roque Mesa. Both scored in their 5-2 home win against Osasuna. Las Palmas like to play offensive football, but it rarely works for them away from home. They are 1-3-8 away from home.

Espanyol will have all their offensive players available for this match, the injured L Baptistao aside. "

Going for a straight win for the Home team....

"Both managers prefers to play good, attractive football, both teams has decent attacks, both missing player in defence, Las Palmas scored a lot of goals through counters, while Espanyol has problems with defending them, while on the other hand Las Palmas has difficulties in defending crosses, good headers, and Espanyol has both Moreno and Caicedo, pretty strong in aerial duels so.. goals here!"

I am going with over here! Whole analysis herel

I do love the way Eibar play, but just not sure 2.10 is anything I could get involved in. I also think Osasuna must be in a "we're dead and buried" anyway mode, so may well start to make a few surprise results. 

It's coming to that stage of the season where the form book starts to fly out of the window. :unsure 

After watching Valencia dissapoint us again, I feel more confident with going full stakes with Sevilla.

Sevilla has been playing good football and very constant in my opinion. Even though they have a 2nd leg CHL game with Leicester the next week, I am confident that they will not have any problems with Leganes.

Sevilla @ 1.53

Deportivo La Coruna - Barcelona

I am not big fan of matches where you need to pick higher handicaps which is almost every week with Barcelona match. Atmosphere in club is amazing after recent historic success, but they will be without Neymar, who was somehow key figure in this "new" 3-4-3 system, which means that Enrique will probably switch back on 4-3-3 with Alba as left full back and Roberto? as right full back. Many people are taking more than 2,5 goals of Barcelona, but Deportivo changed coach recently and new coach is well known Pepe Mel who already took point to Atletico Madrid in his first match. I think that Barcelona will win this match, but even though spirit in team is high right now, things could be difficult on Riazor. Seeing missing players of Deportivo - Andone (top scorer), and midfielders Guilherme and Mosquera, are all important for buildup, so I think that Mel is preparing ultra defensive approach for this match...

Deportivo will be without: Andone, Mosquera, Sidnei, Guilherme.

Barcelona will be without: Neymar, Rafinha, Vidal, Mathieu.

Real Madrid - Real Betis

Same thing as for Barcelona, handicaps on Real Madrid are just too high and I am not fan of them. Real Madrid were pretty poor against Napoli, specially in first half it looked that Italians might surprise, but in second half Real Madrid shown winning mentality and on wings of Ramos overturn the match. Betis surprised Barcelona few rounds ago, can they surprise Real Madrid? They didn't lose on two last away matches, but I think that they will lose today. There is simply too big difference in quality and Real will take advantage of it. 

Real Madrid will be without: Bale, Pepe, Varane.

Real Betis will be without: Martin, Gutierrez, Bruno, Carlos.

I think that Celta will be with minds on Krasnodar as they really want to reach next phase and stay in European competition (Sisto, Guidetti, Fontas and Jonny are not even included in squad). While on the other hand almost full squad of Villarreal with whole week of preparation on Celta who is among the teams with lots of weaknesses this season, conceding 44 goals on 25 matches and I can not see Villarreal losing on Balaidos today. Villarreal AH 0! Whole analysis here!