** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Mar 10th - 12th

ligue1ratings.jpg.d060fe5c8c0b7e92fed710

Monaco and PSG continue to mimic each other's form with both teams winning and keeping clean sheets this weekend. Importantly, Nice also won with a clean sheet to keep up the pressure in this three horse race. Lyon were held against Bordeaux so their title hopes are all but over now. It's going to be a fascinating weekend with a few teams facing European action in midweek. How will that affect them in these games? Especially with PSG on their travels twice in the space of a matter of days.

@DrBetter, a below par week with your Montpellier and Monaco calls coming up short. However, you did back PSG and Nice too. Still, you're a punter that delivers more often than not so keen to hear what you're betting on here.

@KikoCy, mixed results for you with Lyon letting you down but Marseille coming in. What is taking your fancy here this week?

@Pep004 and @FCNA, always interested to get your insider views on Nantes!

@betcatalog, looking forward to your goals market tips here!

@sajtion, you had a cracking weekend across all forums and France was no different. You spotted the Lyon away form and warned us to stay clear. What are your thoughts this weekend?

@Icongene, a wise choice after some time to think with the BTTS for Lyon versus Bordeaux. What are you thinking here?

@andrewcalo, you should dump that tipster that backed Lyon. Start following Sajtion! :lol

Also interested to hear the views of regular contributors to this thread including @rangers234, @Tanktop, and @hairline.

41 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

@DrBetter, (...) you're a punter that delivers more often than not so keen to hear what you're betting on here.

Thanks a lot mate! I had a tremendous row in january and february, missed a few lately, but some surprising results this week end, mostly in other leagues.. And some decent results also in Bundesliga, Italy and PL and my last acca won after a few bad ones...

Next week is very interesting because beside PSG, I don't see any team playing away able to win or grab something, pretty rare to have every favorite playing at home at the same time... Tough choices in perspective...

Monaco, Guingamp, Marseille, Nice + PSG of course.. Very tempting... We'll have to wait, and see what's PSG is going to do in CL, and Lyon in europa league, but against Roma, a difficult match and they'll be probably tired against Toulouse, a team which is able of anything, is on the rise after a difficult period, they made a superb starting of the season, and can do very well against big clubs... Not sure i'll back Lyon here, they didn't impressed me against Bordeaux.. too risky!

Monaco will also be tough to back because they'll be focus on the champions league, but i'm sure, and Jardim and players said it, they'll prefer to win the Ligue 1 title, they don't want to loose everything when PSG is more focus on the champions league, so I don't see too much of a lack of motivation from Monaco, and Bordeaux will be a perfect preparation for City, so they won't be at 100%, but Monaco at 80% is enough to beat anyone in ligue except Psg... Now will Bordeaux be able to match the level and intensity..? We've seen them doing great against Lyon, but they were smashed by PSG, so Moncao could also crush them... and BTTS is not easy to back... an over will probably safer...

ps: Balotelli did a very good match with Nice, he is back in form, and now that Plea in seriously injured, I'd back a good Balotelli for the rest of the season, and him scoring a lot in the next games... I thought Nice would struggle to keep up the pace of Monaco and PSG, but they're doing great, short wins though.. Amazing to see 3 clubs with that amount of points and level.. what a suspense in Ligue 1... I don't see Nice keep up till the end though, because PSG and Monaco are perfectly able to win every match till the end, and Nice doesn't have the bench and talent..

Edited by DrBetter

i can't see many matches worthwhile to get involved. i think marseille could win and both to score. i think caen could be dragged down even further into relegation zone. i watched a bit them recently and they look very ordinary average. i trust nice will beat them by few goals.

I agree with you about Caen. I watched few matches of them and except there are crazy conditions and they are scoring some lucky goals from set-pieces with headers, etc. they can not create anything solid. Nice with their exceptional buildup will be too much for them IMO.

With OM will be interesting to see, if Garcia will decide to involve Gomis.. if that will happen, odds may drop for 0,20.. but even without him, I think that Angers will have big problems even if they are in pretty decent form lately.

Anyway, bookmakers are still underestimating Nice. They have 62 points after 28 rounds, and they have same odds against Caen like Marseille has against Angers. I know that there is Balo, and everything can happen, but they are quality team, that's a fact.

6 minutes ago, Pep004 said:

News: Gomis included in OM squad, while Nice will miss suspended Belhanda. But big news... Ricardo Pereira is coming back! 

Looks like we are both on the same bets for Friday Pep.

The thing I really like about Nice, is despite being written off as being not in the same class as PSG and Monaco, and with injuries in key positions they have gone about their work in such a calm manner. This Nice team are so patient and even when things aren't going their way they are so methodical in their approach.

Nice at home is tough beast to beat.

AS Monaco v Girondins Bordeaux
AS Monaco: Boschilia (11/6 m), Falcao (21/16 f, top scorer, probably will start on the bench), Carrillo (17/7 f)
Girondins Bordeaux: Touré (6/0 f), Toulalan (21/0 m)

Guingamp v SC Bastia
Guingamp: Privat (13/2 f), Sankoh (12/0 d), Levêque (2/0 d), Benezet (5/1 m)
SC Bastia: Saint-Ruf (3/0 d), Djiku (15/1 d), Cahuzac (21/0 m) (all suspended), Squillaci (10/0 d), Crivelli (17/7 f, top scorer), S. Diallo (24/3 f, 2nd top scorer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Even if odds are little bit short, I can not avoid Guingamp today. This time, Bastia is coming to Guingamp, who is not in that beautiful position anymore - 18 place is only 8 points behind. They have good coach, some experienced, quality players and as they allowed some surprises as losing against Caen at home, I believe that they won't let Bastia to get anything here. On the other hand Bastia has really poor away record: last 5 matches - 5 defeats, with goal difference 2-17 and in my opinion they will just extend it. Whole analysis here!

Guingamp vs Bastia Home Win

Crivelli, Diallo, Squillacci injured. Cahuzac, Saint Ruf, Djiku suspended. What else ?:lol With half team out for an awfull away team, how imagine another result here. Time for Guingamp to please their fans. I'll personnally play the handicap.

Nancy vs Lille Under and Draw

Two teams in doubt and bottom Ligue 1. Poor attacks, difficult to imagine a good show tonight, to my mind a boring match and cautious teams. 1 point for each other is obvioulsy a good result.

Rennes vs Dijon BTS

Rennes is so impredictable... A collection of draw, no spirit. Enough place for Dijon to score, regarding their stats, they're able to !

Lyon vs TFS Home Win, Lyon over 1.5

Lyon is roaring again ! Clearly, attack is coming back, fluent, efficient. 4th goal on thursday night against Roma is superb for me. TFC can't fight here, effects of Mercato do pchitt and Braithwait is not in the squad.

Lorient vs PSG Away Win, Over

Lucky PSG ? Not with the referees:@ but with the calendar ! After such a spanking, how Lucky they are to meat the last team. Victory or crisis, they'll make the job.

Good luck, allez Nantes

Edited by FCNA

On 3/7/2017, 6:30:21, Icongene said:

Looks like it could be an nice weekend in France.

heres initial thoughts;

Marseille v Angers - Marseille and btts

Nice v Caan - Nice win

Monaco v Bordeux - btts

Montpellier v Nantes - btts

Rennes v Dijon - Home win

@IcongeneGreat prediction. I would pretend I didn't see the Rennes match. You were spot on. Great!:cow

Edited by michaelwinsall
Did not tag

20 hours ago, FCNA said:

Guingamp vs Bastia Home Win

Crivelli, Diallo, Squillacci injured. Cahuzac, Saint Ruf, Djiku suspended. What else ?:lol With half team out for an awfull away team, how imagine another result here. Time for Guingamp to please their fans. I'll personnally play the handicap.

Nancy vs Lille Under and Draw

Two teams in doubt and bottom Ligue 1. Poor attacks, difficult to imagine a good show tonight, to my mind a boring match and cautious teams. 1 point for each other is obvioulsy a good result.

Rennes vs Dijon BTS

Rennes is so impredictable... A collection of draw, no spirit. Enough place for Dijon to score, regarding their stats, they're able to !

Lyon vs TFS Home Win, Lyon over 1.5

Lyon is roaring again ! Clearly, attack is coming back, fluent, efficient. 4th goal on thursday night against Roma is superb for me. TFC can't fight here, effects of Mercato do pchitt and Braithwait is not in the squad.

Lorient vs PSG Away Win, Over

Lucky PSG ? Not with the referees:@ but with the calendar ! After such a spanking, how Lucky they are to meat the last team. Victory or crisis, they'll make the job.

Good luck, allez Nantes

@FCNA Thank you. Your punts make my day. Smoking as ever.. Ride on, Chief!

St. Etienne - Metz

This match was on my list on Thursday, when situation about injuries in Saint-Etienne was unclear. Now that I know that Hamouma, Soderlund, Malcuit, Mbengue, Roux, Selnaes are all named in the squad I decided to avoid this prediction as odds looks totally fine - my pick would be Metz AH +0,5, but in this case I will avoid it. 

St. Etienne will be without: Pogba, Tanane, Lacroix, Polomat, Pajot, Lemoine.

Metz will be without: Rivierez, Hein, Vion, Diagne (and Selimovic, Thill, Larriere but none of them played more than 1 match this season).

Lyon - Toulouse

Toulouse succeeded with defending approach against PSG. Can they repeat it against Lyon? One thing is clear, Lyon will be tired after incredible performance on Thursday against Rome, but I believe that also highly motivated as their form is phenomenal recently. In my opinion Genesio will rest some players, as they are considering League Europe as primary goal this season. Anyway, looking at odds, bookmakers are giving Lyon approx. 70% to win the match, and I agree with that. I wouldn't go higher than that, as Toulouse is among the teams who likes to give the ball to opponent, and wait for chances on counter attacks. Even if they will miss Braithwaite, Lyon is on 4th position with 15 points less than 3rd placed PSG and focused on Rome, so I will avoid this match as well.

Lyon will miss: Diakhaby, N'Koulou and Rafael.

Toulouse: Braithwaite, Michelin, Akpa-Akpro, Musavu-King.

Lorient - PSG

Odds on PSG to win 1st half time are solid, but who knows how will they react after recent collapse in Barcelona? Moreover they will miss Verratti, Matuidi, Lucas and Motta. It's true that they can still put decent lineup, but those players, maybe except Motta, are almost crucial for the team. In my opinion Lorient could even surprise, odds are enormously high, but I won't play with this game, as there is too many unanswered questions for me.

Lorient will be without: Mesloub, Cafu, Cabot, Barthelme and Paye.

PSG will be without: Verratti, Lucas, Motta, Matuidi.