Announcements
** February Poker League Result : 1st juanmoment, 2nd Rivrd, 3rd the_dak **
** Last Man Standing Results - drew005 wins £250 / Wishy wins £50 **
** January Naps Competition Result: 1st SILVER FOX, 2nd LIKE A ROUGHIE, 3rd DAISYCHAIN, 4th MRJOL. KO Cup Winner GLAVINTOBY, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

champratings.jpg.981c3af20e393f78be2f39e

league1ratings.jpg.d9ce3e7a74431525be9d1

league2ratings.jpg.fe6168b47a0d544e143ed

splratings.jpg.cdbabf9d418e40cce0afc02e3

A mish-mash selection of fixtures this weekend with the Championship, League One, and League Two all playing a full schedule but due to the Scottish FA Cup there are only a few SPL and Scottish Championship matches.

Not a good midweek results-wise for our fans on this forum. @allyhibs, what happened mate? 2-0 loss. Surely, you're saving your best for Ayr United this weekend to book your place in the Scottish FA Cup Semi-Finals?

@Tiffy, I'm so sorry mate. I got my Glen Murray anytime scorer bet done but until the last 10 minutes it looked like the double would come true. Damn those Geordies! Due to that, I am avoiding them this weekend!

@skyblues88, another defeat for you lads. Russell Slade make any mystifying tactical decisions this week? I think a lot of punters will now be betting against you unfortunately.

@dogmeister, you were punished by Hibernian as well. Any Scotland-based bets planned this weekend?

@Icongene, that was a sweet little double tip at the end of the midweek games. What are you backing here?

@harry_rag, great to have your input during midweek. What are you fancying this weekend?

@allthethings, a conservative bet in midweek but it did come off. What are you looking at in these games?

@Tanktop, that was a great call with the Stevenage and BTTS bet. Any bets in the Football League standing out for you here?

@DW_United, your two bets almost both came off. You grabbed the Villa to win but fell just short on the over 2.5 goals. What do you think this weekend?

@sammydubs, feel free to post up some Scottish League 1 and League 2 bets if you fancy it even though we don't post the odds.

@rangers234, you quietly pulled off a tidy little double bet with Bury and Stevenage. Do you have any tips this weekend?

@MuineBheag, let down by Scunthorpe, as were a few of us. Dare you back them this weekend?

@salmonman, you also put out a range of decent bets. Only Morecambe letting you down. Great calls. What are you looking at this weekend?

Also keen to hear the views of other posters such as @canaries91, @Kenton Schweppes, @chris666, and @gogetta.

Bury on good form and are unbeaten in 5. Gillingham have the worst defence in the league conceding 38 goals. Bury tend to score so I may look at a goals bet. Buryou over 1.5 team goals is 11/10 which I think is very good odds considering bury's form scoring goals and Gillingham's very poor defence. I would have bury shorter than 11/8 for the home win given the above

Stevieday .. unfortunately for me I decided to put scunthorpe in for a treble instead ha! 

Couple of standout bets..

Blackburn at home to Wigan.. new manager and come off a big win beating Derby. Confidence should be high so 2.30 odds I'm all over it!

Oxford at home to Bristol rovers at 2.00.. Oxford are bang in form plus Bristol rovers away form is very shakey! Reckon there will be goals and mostly to Oxford ha.

This time will be sticking to a double!

i am going for ambitious accumulator this weekend. it may come in but don't blame if it doesn't in case somebody follows it. this is just a hobby for me and a bit of fun. i've won some of these in the past. it not unusual to see surprising results at this time of season because teams that were good few months ago are now in patchy form and teams that were actually bad before are having a decent results so anything is possible. i think there is potential that these teams win....

leicester, reading, brighton sheff utd, walsall, bolton, bury, swindon, stevenage, portsmouth, southend

£10 returns £12000

Championship - Burton 4.40, Barnsley 5.00, Cardiff 2.90, Brighton 1.95, Reading 2.30, Sheffield Wednesday 2.41, Leeds 2.60

League One - Millwall 2.20, Fleetwood Town 3.60, Shrewsbury 2.30, Walsall 2.32

League Two - Morecambe 5.00, Exeter 1.91, Stevenage 2.15, Mansfield 2.79

Especially like Reading, Leeds, Brighton, Millwall, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury, Morecambe, Stevenage

TRICKY TREES V BRIGHTON

I know Brighton let most of you down against Newcastle, but I still feel that we should have got something from the game. I was right staying away from the results market. 

There were a couple of stats that were blown apart. The first being that when Braddock plays we never lose (we did). The second is that when we score first we rarely lose (we did). I feel that it is safe to say that Brighton rarely lose 2 games on the bounce, & a visit to a struggling Forest side could be the tonic they are looking for. I expect Brighton to win on Saturday & we usually do well  up there.

I spoke to a Forest fan today, and he couldn't see past a win for us either.

BRIGHTON TO WIN - 1.90

I will have a look at corners too if I get time

Edited by Tiffy

Bray Wanderers v Finn Harps
Bray Wanderers: John Sullivan (1/0 m, doubtful)
Finn Harps: Jonny Bonner (1/0 m), Killian Cantwell (1/0 d) (both doubtful), Danny Morrissey (1/0 f)

Birmingham City v Leeds United
(Paul Robinson (14/0 d) will be available for Birmingham after successful appeal against his red card. Leeds United coach Garry Monk is suspended.)
Birmingham City: Jonathan Grounds (32/0 d), Lukas Jutkiewicz (7/2 f)(both doubtful), Clayton Donaldson (18/6 f, top scorer), Jacques Maghoma (20/3 m), Michael Morrison (29/3 d, captain)
Leeds United: Charlie Taylor (22/0 d, probably in), Lewie Coyle (3/0 d), Tyler Denton (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Edited by malabgd

I'm going to leave Hibs alone this weekend, had my fingers burnt the last 2 games. I think they'll win but something doesn't seem right at the moment and are too inconsistent to be trusted.

It's a difficult round of fixtures this week but I'll pick out 1 from each league.

Aston Villa have had a couple of good results lately against poor Rotherham. Villa win at 4/5.

Sheffield Utd are the best team in League 1 and can take the points at Rochdale who haven't won for 2 months. Sheff Utd win at 5/6.

High flying Exeter can beat a struggling Hartlepool. Exeter win at 5/6.

No real value to be had here but 3 solid wins I hope :drums

@Tiffy, I agree, I think you should recover to beat Forest who haven't won in four games and could have lost the momentum of their recent managerial change. It's a tough one for Cardiff going to QPR. I remember about 15 years ago we went to Loftus Road and destroyed them 4-0. What a game that was. However, they have also done us over a fair few times. We are the far better in form team with QPR only winning 2 of their last 8 games where as we have won 3 of our last 4 matches. In terms, of head-to-head, we have not beaten QPR since 17th April, 2010 but that was away in London. However, that is the only time in the past four visits to Loftus Road that we have taken all three points. I would say back the draw.

36 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

I'm going to leave Hibs alone this weekend, had my fingers burnt the last 2 games. I think they'll win but something doesn't seem right at the moment and are too inconsistent to be trusted.

It's a difficult round of fixtures this week but I'll pick out 1 from each league.

Aston Villa have had a couple of good results lately against poor Rotherham. Villa win at 4/5.

Sheffield Utd are the best team in League 1 and can take the points at Rochdale who haven't won for 2 months. Sheff Utd win at 5/6.

High flying Exeter can beat a struggling Hartlepool. Exeter win at 5/6.

No real value to be had here but 3 solid wins I hope :drums

Lol it's always difficult with your own team isn't it?

I hate betting against Swansea but it always sweetens the loss a little (a lot) if they win :)  

7 minutes ago, andrewcalo said:

I hate betting against Swansea but it always sweetens the loss a little (a lot) if they win :)  

I could never bet against Hibs, the same as i could never back Hearts. That would be weird.

I could never bet against Hibs, the same as i could never back Hearts. That would be weird.

56 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

@Tiffy, I agree, I think you should recover to beat Forest who haven't won in four games and could have lost the momentum of their recent managerial change. It's a tough one for Cardiff going to QPR. I remember about 15 years ago we went to Loftus Road and destroyed them 4-0. What a game that was. However, they have also done us over a fair few times. We are the far better in form team with QPR only winning 2 of their last 8 games where as we have won 3 of our last 4 matches. In terms, of head-to-head, we have not beaten QPR since 17th April, 2010 but that was away in London. However, that is the only time in the past four visits to Loftus Road that we have taken all three points. I would say back the draw.

I'm a qpr fan and have a feeling Cardiff will beat us this weekend. There's something not quite right just yet with our squad... plus warnock will take great pleasure in beating us!

2 minutes ago, rangers234 said:

I'm a qpr fan and have a feeling Cardiff will beat us this weekend. There's something not quite right just yet with our squad... plus warnock will take great pleasure in beating us!

Ah, so that's the Rangers in your name. I actually have a soft spot for you guys. After we undeservedly won the 2003 Play-off Final I had literally dozens of QPR fans come up to me after the game and on the night out after the game in the city centre shaking my hand and wishing us luck in the Championship. I thought that oozed class and have respected you guys ever since. We always have dramatic games as well. That game in the season you went up where Bothroyd and Taarabt scored screamers was amazing as well. Good times.

Oxford v Bristol Rovers

Oxford are the form team of the division winning 6 and losing 2 of the last 8, including 4 away wins in a row, with the most clean sheets in the division and are on a high after qualifying for the checkatrade trophy final. Oxford are also only 4 points away from the play-offs, and with a tricky tie against Sheff utd away on tuesday, will be looking to pick up the points here. With the matches comingthick and fast, the manager has had to cope with rotating the squad, he says - “We have had to change the team a few times but when we do I’m not fazed by it because I still expect us to win because I know I am bringing good players into the team.”

Rovers have drawn their last 6 matches either 0-0 or 1-1. However in their last 10 away matches, they are D2 L8, and have only won once in the last 8.  and all but one of their wins were against teams in the bottom 10 in the divison. Rovers are safe from relegation but dont have the quality to make the play-offs, or beat a team on form and on a high. Probably will be low scoring, but Rovers have a habit of losing heavily so wont risk the under 2.5.
http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/oxford-united-bristol-rovers-preview-3605185.aspx#i0m1dZxbqW3AgCjC.99 -oxford preview.

Oxford  @ 2.00

Stevenage v Notts County

Stevenage were good to me midweek and i'm backing them here to do the same again, against a team similar to Leyton Orient in trying to escape the relegation zone. Stevenage are another team in form winning 6 and drawing 1 of their last 7 putting them a point behind the play-offs, and have won 5 in a row at home. Matt Godden is the divisions 3rd highest scorer with 18 (5 pens) and is fit to play.

Notts have steadied the ship since January - W4 D2 L1 in their last 7, but 3 of those wins were against fellow relegation candidates, the other (wierdly) was against 2nd placed Plymouth. They won their last 2 away matches, but before that lost 9 in a row. Influential captain O'Connor is suspended. This could be a high scoring but close game, but in form Stevenage sghould edge it. Stevenage have kept a clean sheet in only 12% of home games, and Notts 13% of away games, so i'm going to copy my midweek bet.

http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/2016-17/up-next-notts-county-h-3604222.aspx - Stevenage preview

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/same-again-on-saturday-3605045.aspx - Notts Preview

Stevenage @ 2.00

Stevenage to win and BTTS @ 4.00 

Matt Godden to score at anytime @ 2.10

21 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Ah, so that's the Rangers in your name. I actually have a soft spot for you guys. After we undeservedly won the 2003 Play-off Final I had literally dozens of QPR fans come up to me after the game and on the night out after the game in the city centre shaking my hand and wishing us luck in the Championship. I thought that oozed class and have respected you guys ever since. We always have dramatic games as well. That game in the season you went up where Bothroyd and Taarabt scored screamers was amazing as well. Good times.

I had the best party of my life in Cardiff, stayed at a mates house there after watching Nuneaton draw with Swansea in the FA cup (early 90's?), didnt have to buy a drink all night!

14 minutes ago, Tanktop said:

I had the best party of my life in Cardiff, stayed at a mates house there after watching Nuneaton draw with Swansea in the FA cup (early 90's?), didnt have to buy a drink all night!

:lol Can you remember anything about that night? What season was that?

93/94 season, we beat them in the replay. Cant remember much, police came round though and a mate (nickname 'mad dog. lol) went missing. I think it was in llantrisant, which we pronounced 'transit van' - the memories are... hazy... lol

34 minutes ago, Tanktop said:

93/94 season, we beat them in the replay. Cant remember much, police came round though and a mate (nickname 'mad dog. lol) went missing. I think it was in llantrisant, which we pronounced 'transit van' - the memories are... hazy... lol

Ah yes, Llantrisant. I have played skittles there a few times. Home to a man who played for one team called F'in Nigel because every other word he said was f*ck! Memories! @molasses15 from Nuneaton too. What the hell is going on here?!

Anyway, back on topic, I like your two tips, Tanktop. I might have to get on board with those. I'm a sucker for favourites over 2.00.

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Ah yes I remember that game ha.. I was desperate to get the day off work and got a no and ended up being ill anyway. Was an awkward return to work meeting haha. Definitely some good times taarabt was class for us.. just a tad arrogant! 

Ok here goes. Tip of the weekend coming right at you all the way from Toronto, Canada.

Blackpool v Morecambe 

I've been looking at this one for a couple of days now as often find you can get some really good big value odds on the division before the market levels out. So I was pretty stunned to see the visitors as high as 5.0 for the win, 3.25 DnB and 1.9 double chance.

When I first cast my eyes over this fixture (before odd checking) my immediate thoughts were that I'd be inclined to favor the (a) sides ability to avoid defeat over the (h) teams ability to win matches. So you can imagine my surprise/delight to see these ridiculous odds. Having followed them closely for a day or two and they haven't moved an inch! Now I've done my research and there is ABSOLUTELY no reason for the discrepancy in probabilities here between the sides and the bookies are well off.

Blackpool - They have tasted victory ONCE since December. 1 win in 15. No wins in 4. 1 clean sheet in 10 overall, 1 in 9 at (h). They have some decent prowess in the attacking 3rd but defensively they are poor and most importantly lack the mentality to win matches. 

Morecambe - 1 defeat in 11 matches. Only 1 defeat in their last 8 (a) ties (3W 4D 1L). They've also conceded none or 1 goal in 7/8 matches so getting goals past this team is tough. They have proven against far better attacks than Blackpool (recently Portsmouth, before that Doncaster, Carlisle, Mansfied) that they can grind out results even against the best. This is not fluke, it's now a consistent trait and they are one if the toughest (a) sides in the division.  They have just moved above Blackpool in the league and their manager is talking of the players playing with a freedom and that they can enjoy the rest of the season and push for a playoff spot (only six points off) which is nuts given how poor they were for the 1st half of the campaign. 

Other than Michael Rose at CB (2 match suspension) Morecambe are injury free and Blackpool have some bodies coming back into contention.

Morecambe - Double Chance 1.9 DnB 3.25

Edit: not that I've bet on it, but I really think Hartlepool are a good shout to take something from their game. I think their (h) form will see them stay up and Exeter have been rocking a little. Looking back, it's crazy how much money could have been made from betting against the top three teams in Jan/Feb as they all had terrible runs.

Edited by Icongene

Price for morcombe is interesting. They have only lost 1 game in the last 7 and are good away from home. They got a good draw at Portsmouth midweek. Blackpool have not won at home in the last 7 home games. A draw is pretty possible and double chance is 10/11 with hills. Given the form 7/2 for straight morcombe win seems very high. I've taken 10/11  double chance. Doubled it with Bury over 1.5 team goals against Gillingham who have the worst away defence in the division (38 goals).

On 02/03/2017, 09:15:12, StevieDay1983 said:

@skyblues88, another defeat for you lads. Russell Slade make any mystifying tactical decisions this week? I think a lot of punters will now be betting against you unfortunately.

Where do I start mate. In midweek Slade started 4 centre backs as his back 4. He had to waste 2 subs at half time (2-0 down) bringing 2 full backs on after he realised 4 centre backs wasn't working. Us Coventry fans are wondering what player's names he will pull out of his magic hat on Saturday! Our more flair players (Bigirimana, Ghadzhev, Jodi Jones, Kyel Reid) aren't getting a look in as Slade likes his physical players. We've got very little creativity with them 4 players not featuring.

My selections are:

- ASTON VILLA (4/5) - Good back to back home wins for Villa and should go to Rotherham and see them off. Rotherham have the lowest points total in England's top 4 leagues. 

- SHREWSBURY (5/4) - Shrewsbury have won 6 out of their last 10 league games to edge clear of the relegation zone. Our performance depends on which combination of players Slade pulls out of his magic hat! But we have lacked creativity since Slade has been in charge. 

- PORTSMOUTH (4/11) - Big chance for Portsmouth to put pressure on the top 3, particularly Carlisle who are directly above them. Crewe are poor travellers and haven't won away since October.