** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday (Inc Scoop6, ITV7 etc..)

Tote Scoop6

Saturday Feb 25th

There was no winner of the Scoop6 on last Saturday. This is great news for you as the Win fund starts at £127,586 and the bonus fund at £56,765. Both these totals will grow rapidly as more stakes are placed.

totepool predict the combined win and bonus fund could be worth around £300,000!

Chepstow, Kempton and Newcastle host Saturday’s Scoop6 races and three legs will be shown during the live coverage on ITV4.

totepool spokesman Andrew Griffiths said “The prospect of a £300,000 windfall should be more than enough to get Scoop6 punters licking their lips ahead of this weekend’s bet.” (www.scoop6.co.uk)

Races

58b04288a6e86_ScreenShot2017-02-24at14.2

Selections:

Leg 1: River Frost 11/4 Betfair

We kick off at Kempton with a tricky Class 3 handicap hurdle. One or two of these may need to win this to get a run at the Festival next month and it looks a pretty hot contest. You cant help but notice the bottom weight Argante from the Henderson yard, won last time in a weak novice but interesting now handicapping. River Frost is the form pick and I also like Lough Derg Leader at bigger odds.

Leg 2: Out Sam 14/1 Bet365

We go to Newcastle next for the Eider Chase over the marathon trip of 4 miles. We have 18 runners and a wide open market and only a stone from top to bottom of the weights. My three against the field are Out Sam, Shotgun Paddy and Knockanrawley. Out Sam was 4th at Doncaster last time and has threatened to win a big handicap for sometime so he's the pick today.

Leg 3: Capitaine 5/2 Skybet

Over to Kempton for the Grade 2 Dovecote Hurdle. Not many runners as usual in this and the Paul Nicholls trained Capitaine is the favourite and best in at the weights. He was second in the Tolworth last time out and that sets the standard, he has had a little break and the yards horse have been a bit in and out so not a rock solid choice.

Leg 4: Three Musketeers 15/2 Bet365

A Grade 3 Chase and very interesting contest with the 9yo Anacotty heading the weights on 154. Last years winner Theatre Guide is also in the line up and he could go well again. My main pick is going to be Three Musketeers from the back to form Skelton yard. They think a lot of this one and could go on now he has a win under his belt.

Leg 5: Gayebury

Our first visit to Chepstow where the ground will be very testing. Irish raider Jury Duty immediately catches the eye for the in form Gordon Elliott yard but at the same time looks to have a stiff task off 11st12lbs. I like the locally trained Gayebury who ran very well in Graded company two starts back and now tries 3m for first time which could see more improvement.

Leg 6: Bright New Dawn

Just seven runners line up for our final leg and this can go to Venetia Williams with her 10yo Bright New Dawn. Formerly trained in Ireland but made a pleasing debut for new connections last time out and the yard are flying at the moment. Of the rest Grey Gold needs to bounce back after a terrible run last time out but is clearly useful on his day.

Perm 16 bets

Leg 1: River Frost, Argante
Leg 2: Out Sam, Shotgun Paddy
Leg 3: Capitaine, River Wylde
Leg 4: Three Musketeers
Leg 5: Gaybury, Splash Of Ginge
Leg 6: Bright New Dawn

:ok

It's a good days racing today ..........:ok

On Saturdays there tends to be lots of other stuff to watch - eg football, rugby, cycling on today ........ so I usually just make a list of the races I want to watch in time order then I flick over and just watch the race before flicking back to the football or cycling or whatever I'm watching.

Today I have no less than 11 races on my list ............normally it's 5 or 6

I've got -

Chep - 2.30

Kemp - 1.50, 2.25. 3.00, 3.35

Ling - 2.05, 2.40, 3.15

Newc - 3.20

Fairy - 1.45, 3.30

I usually include all Grade races, interesting quality novice races, races that I've got a selection in either bets or competitions and today I've included races that Richard has a selection in on his 'speed' thread just to see how he gets on

Busy day's Telly Racing ...............:drums