** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Mar 7th - 15th

4 minutes ago, Notorious said:

I have watched every psg match this year, I own a marco verratti kit. PSG have badass players, only thing keeping them from beating barca last couple of years was Ibra.Serge Aurier only non Madrid player i follow on social media, dudes a don. But that Barca match is overrating them. I consider you hating when you think Real Madrid C League trophy was undeserved. I made $2400 off Portugal, do you think there win was also undeserved?? PSG are bound to have a Cavani flubbing every chance and di maria headless chicken mode. Verratti is made out of paper, how many top games has he been healthy enough to play? Champions League requires discipline and luck. PSG will win in the next 3 years, but now isn't the time. Now is for them to get knocked out in the semi finals in a painful way, and comeback next year with a vengeance that's how this tournament works. 

"Portugal... do you think there win was also undeserved??" Honestly, Yes... IMO they played poorly, i remember them in group phase... this team is was so painful to watch.. But yeah, in the end, they won fairly... I'm also thinking France should have won 2006 world cup, and deserved it.. Am I blind? not sure...

"But that Barca match is overrating them" >> Can't wait to debrief the match with you... I swear to you that if we loose poorly, and loose in quarter poorly too, i'll do my mea culpa... (keep that somewhere lol) :lol 

"I don't think Real Madrid is the favorite to win it either btw, Juventus, Bayern are the top 2 for me."  >> Agreed and never said otherwise... i've add PSG to this top 2, that's it... You've just been a bit aggressive, but I get your point bro..

27 minutes ago, discipline said:

No, comment section on Facebook would be idiot fanboys shooting their mouths off. ;)

"Idiot fanboys" ... Really...? Well well... We have a winner... Hey, smart ass... breaking news... Nobody forced you to read, and it's not like they were hundreds of messages full of subjectivity here... But i get it, facts are tough to deal with those days... Learn to be polite, kinda useful on a forum even you dislike, troll, or disagree...

We'd love to ear your predictions for next CL games (beside a napoli win)... 

Edited by DrBetter

25 minutes ago, DrBetter said:

"Idiot fanboys" ... Really...? Well well... We have a winner... Hey, smart ass... breaking news... Nobody forced you to read, and it's not like they were hundreds of messages full of subjectivity here... But i get it, facts are tough to deal with those days... Learn to be polite, kinda useful on a forum even you dislike, troll, or disagree...

We'd love to ear your predictions for next CL games (beside a napoli win)... 

If he's not acting like an idiot fanboy, then what is he doing?

Real were beaten by Valencia and couldn't even beat frigging Las Palmas of Gran Canaria holiday island. But saying that Napoli with a full squad and a massive home crowd behind them MIGHT win (Not will win) is somehow blasphemy according to him. 

Edited by discipline

5 minutes ago, Notorious said:

It's ok I got mocked everywhere for backing Portugal to win it all. They have the best youth talent in the world.

No worry, i also get mocked by my portuguese friends since a few months... But no, stop with that, France isn't choking everytime, stop the BS, actually, in a bit more than 15 years, they've done 2 finals of Euros, and 2 finals of a World Cup, winning half... so... not bad for a choking team... I guess England and every country in the world would love to be choking as well in this case.. Cmon, be a bit objective here... No team has done that...

But, no, it's not the best youth in Europe, if you fact-check this statement, it's probably France, as they won many under17, under 19, under21 international competitions these past years, and actually, France is the first market to export its young talented players in europe... Not a single country in the world (beside Brazil) produce and export as much talents (and this is facts!!!!)

As for the youth of Portugal, lot of young players there are brillant, i agree with you, one of the most brillant young team, surely above Spain or England, but I'm not a huge fan of Andre Gomes, Renato Sanchez, and some others, and i'll wait to judge Guedes, as many described him a a potential new Ronaldo (the 5th or 6th surely). And it's not only players, Portugal have been consistent to produce good coach... I love Jardim in Monaco!! 

I'm writing your predictions for 2018, I guess we'll have to get back to each other in a year and a half...!! :lol 

16 minutes ago, discipline said:

If he's not acting like an idiot fanboy, then what is he doing?

Real were beaten by Valencia and couldn't even beat frigging Las Palmas of Gran Canaria holiday island. But saying that Napoli with a full squad and and a massive home crowd behind them MIGHT win (Not will win) is somehow blasphemy according to him. 

Ah ok Mea culpa, if I read you well, the "idiots" comment wasn't for me? I feel like it was though..lol

For Notorious then? Now i feel like i need to defend him.. lol... Let's forget it...!! :)

Don't worry, we love to trade aggressive point of view with Notorious, it's becoming an habits, there is so much love between us since he has a full Verratti pack..! 

No arm guys, and you've made a good point about Valencia, i made the same earlier, i also agree with you that Napoli at home, on a match, can perfectly defeat a underperforming Real... (im sure Notorious will disagree, but in secret, i bet he's not that sure about that game)... Napoli's last games wasn't the real Napoli we saw earlier in the season on some occasions... If Napoli plays at 100% and Madrid at 75%, it will be a disputed match... 

"But saying that Napoli with a full squad and and a massive home crowd behind them MIGHT win (Not will win) is somehow blasphemy according to him"

> Lol, you've seen how he went mad on met for backing PSG and said they might win, and go the final.. lol.. 

Rendez-vous tomorrow to trade lovely insults and/or happiness? lol.... ;-)  

Edited by DrBetter

Everyone are attacking Luis Enrique that he didn't chose good time to announce that he is leaving after the season, but IMO he took the best possible timing. Honestly, he has some good ideas about counters, but ideas about counters are not for Barcelona and I believe that things will be better in next season. I think that everything is possible, but as I rate this PSG (Emery) really highly, I think that it will be really difficult to keep clean sheet. And on other hand I think that odds on Monaco are too high, but I will rather wait for next week to see how it will be with both teams.

p.s. Neymar has made a bet with teammates to score at least two goals against PSG. [Mundo Deportivo]

Edited by Pep004

Agreed @Pep004 ... I also rate Emery's PSG highly.. Since he came... Waou... It took time, but at the end, no more light pressing, verticality, aggressively, team spirit, and every players have said they now understand Emery's philosophy... 3 Europa league in a row without the best team, far from that actually... stunning, imagine with a good team in CL... i'm sure he's a wizard, a bit like Bielsa... 

funny, I saw that Blanc had a 5% score in a pole in spanish newspapers on who would be the best candidate for Barca...      I know Blanc is a little short on resume, but his record in champions league are really good.. Almost never lost a game in years besides Barca, and he beat them, and beat also Mourinho twice... Not bad..  Actually i know there is some stats somewhere showing that he was one the best coach in "win ratio" in CL (Bordeaux + PSG)... I know i'll be called stupid, but I really think he wouldn't be a bad coach for Barca.. Of course he won't be chosen, but bear in mind that he is one of the few coachs in the world to really have mastered this "possession style-Barca like", like Wenger had years ago... It's not that much of a bad idea for Barca... At least he'll do well with the club philosophy... Of course Barca need someone more "prestigious".. but in case they're short in ideas... just a thought...

Good luck tonight for your bets guys!

35 minutes ago, Icongene said:

Zero chance of Blanc getting the gig. Sampaoli probably won't get it either due to his temperament.

Valverde for me.

I am torn. I think Sampaoli could but I think it is Valverde's to lose.

On tonight's games, Bayern Munich naming a full strength side... this could get messy!

Arsenal screwed by an inexperienced ref. PK yes but definitely not red. A PK should probably be given to them too.

A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box.

5 minutes ago, vasilli07 said:

Arsenal screwed by an inexperienced ref. PK yes but definitely not red. A PK should probably be given to them too.

I don't think that's the rule. As far as I am aware, the new rule allows the referee to show a red if he see's the challenge/tackle as 'deliberate or 'intentional'.

Haven't seen the incident though.

Borussia Dortmund v SL Benfica

Borussia Dortmund: Guerreiro (14/4 d, doubtful), Rode (11/1 m), Götze (11/1 m), Bender (2/0 m), Reus (11/2 f)

SL Benfica: Jonas (11/5 f), Felipe Augusto (4/0 m)(both doubtful), Grimaldo (8/2 d), López (7/3 d), Fejsa (19/0 m)

FC Barcelona v Paris St. Germain

FC Barcelona: Mathieu (11/1 d), Vidal (6/2 m)

Paris St. Germain: Thiago Motta (24/0 m), di María (21/2 m, doubtful)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

32 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahah thank you Arsenal. Napoli it's been fun. Hope everyone tailed my parlays

Yeah, Zidane is such a great manager. Just telling his players to score when they got a corner. Amazing coaching and playing style. :ok

Sucks that Mertens didn't make it 2-0 before half time break. Real might have shat their pants after that. Napoli played very good in the first half and Real were in fact intimidated by the crowd. but betting football is like a box of chocolate. Real played shit and still won. Typical Zidane. Hurts to see great footballers having such a mediocre coach who has them play an awful style of football. But at least the trophy hunting fanboys are happy. ;)

Edited by discipline

Wow @Notorious how can you say that France isn't one of the best when it comes to youth potential right now? :eek '93 till '98 are one of the best if not the best generations in history of France. It's true that we can not know into what kind of players they will grow.. but

Varane, Kimpembe, Mendy, Laporte, Zouma, Alm. Toure, Blas, Pogba, Bakayoko, M. Dembele, O. Dembele, Tousart, Nkunku, Diop, Harit, Mbappe, Lemar, Tolisso, Thauvin, Fekir, Rabiot, Cornet, Coman, Martial, Augustin,... maybe I missed some of them, but I think that list is wide enough already. Unfortunately Verratti is not French, even though I thought on start (when he arrived to PSG) that he is. :D 

Don't get me wrong, I agree that there is lot of potentials in Portugal as well (I would add Bernardo Silva, Jota, Horta to your players), but right now I think that not Spain (Asensio, Saul, Torres, Munir, Deulofeu, Inaki Williams, Suarez, Mayoral, Gaya, Vallejo, Manquillo,...) not Portugal cannot compete with young talents with France. Besides U19 won final of Euro with 4-0 against Italy, while they've beaten Portugal 3-1 in semis. 

p.s. Praise to all of you, kicking bookies today.

Edited by Pep004

Barcelona is forced to enter the court and attack from the start, because it needs at least four goals, I expect very open game with many stages, so we can see plenty of goals
FC BARCELONA vs PARIS SAINT GERMAIN @@ +3.00 Over, odds 1.55

Dortmund as he showed in the first match is better team and with the help of the seat can be removed on the field, attacking from the start and to assert claims with qualification to the next phase
BORUSSIA DORTMUND vs SL BENFICA @@ -1.25 BORUSSIA DORTMUND, odds 1.72

Borussia Dortmund v Benfica

The German side are big favorites coming into the match on the back of some impressive results and goal scoring. Dortmund is a club that has established a firm European pedigree in recent years, whilst they also play in a league that is superior the (a) side. The Portuguese were lucky not to concede 1 or 2 in the home tie and despite them being determined in defense I just can't see them seeing this one out. I was surprised by how poor Benfica were and I expect Dortmund to step up here for their fans. Reus is a big miss but they have great strength in depth in that position.

BET : Dortmund -1 (ah) at 1.91

BET : Dortmund to qualify at 1.73

Made a decent profit of a BTTS/Win double yesterday.

For today, you guys seem to have done the mental gymnastics so I will chime in with my selections:

Barca - PSG

Verratti anytime card @ 2.25

Busquets anytme card @ 2.25

Barca win & BTTS @ 2.4

Dortmund - Benfica

O2.5 @ 1.44

Dortmund & BTTS @ 2.7

BTTS/win double  @ 6.48

29 minutes ago, Notorious said:

tumblr_ohmdreyQM01u2unt1o1_250.gif

Accusing me of being an idiot fanboy...stil crying after the game?!?! Bahahanhaha like I said buddy we are here to make money. Terrible betting advice form you, hopefully you have better luck the next round.

@Notorious, stop taunting please. You have been warned about this before. We are all here to work to beat the bookies, not each other.

Just now, Notorious said:

@StevieDay1983 You are right. But you've got to admit bro he accused me of being a fanboy all day yesterday and I didn't respond. Did you bet on any of the games?. 

If you feel somebody is trying to goad you and we haven't picked up on it (I have to monitor hundreds upon hundreds of post each day so do sometimes miss things) then give me or another admin a message and tell us you aren't happy with the way someone has spoken to you. Don't sink to a level of unacceptability. Personally, I don't think @discipline meant any real offence by calling you a fan boy. I've been poked fun at on here for my views on Cardiff and Swansea being a Cardiff fan. There was definitely a change in tone with your reply though to a more aggressive stance and that's not acceptable.

My focus was on the Championship last night with so many games on (what's all this Champions League business about?!) so didn't get a chance to bet on these games. I'm not surprised by the outcomes though. Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have been my picks to reach the final since the early games. I think Real Madrid could well retain it. I just don't see any stand out teams this year. Even PSG stand a chance! What has this tournament come to if PSG stand a chance?! :lol

3 minutes ago, Notorious said:

hahah its all good its not that serious, Madrid won and that is all that matters. Sheffield Wednesday cost me a nice payout yesterday had them, Walsall and the 2 c league winning teams. PSG :p hahahahhahaha. I hope Barca and Dortmund both win 4-1 today would make my day. 

I can see Barcelona winning by 2-3. Can they overturn that deficit? If anyone can...

I would certainly back Dortmund to win 4-1.

Have you gone all balls out and backed 4-1 as a correct score in both? If you have and it comes off then we'll have to find a special congratulatory signature for you! :lol

I reckon you boys are underestimating Benfica, throwing out scorelines like that.

To be honest, Benfica X2 @ 3.50 or whatever is not so bad.

The outright price of 10.5 is also ridiculous.

I will wait for the game and look in to the live markets depending on how they play.

Mitroglou has a habit of ruining parties.

Benifica on my radar too.

EDIT: In fact I think you lot are crazy to bet on any kind of handicap on Dortmund. Benifica kept 12 clean sheets in their last 17 games in the Primeira league, 6 of them away from home - and already held Dortmund once.

Smart bet would be Benefica +2 at evens, give or take.

Edited by andrewcalo

Agreed on Benfica guys, tricky game.. they know how to fight... and Dortmund without Reus, not that obvious.. As i've said, to back an under 3.5 is not that bad here...

Three bets tonight for me (beside some accas pending):

> PSG to win and over 2.5 @6.00  (small-medium stake)

> PSG goals: Over 1.5 @2.6  (large stake)

> A double: Dortmund-Benfica Over2.5 @1.4  + PSG-Barca Draw & over 2.5 @6.5  = total odds @9.00  (small stake)

good luck guys!

Edited by DrBetter