** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Mar 7th - 15th

Looking at the next round of fixtures..

For now I like:

Juve win @ 1.65 (might do my usual 2-0/2-1 combo correct score)

Monaco qualify @ 4.5 -> I see this ending 3-1 to Monaco

Atleti win @ 1.70 -> good value for a team that has done well in CL in the past years + good home team/defence

Sevilla could win at Leicester but it will be tight. Will review markets closer to the time.

That Suarez foul is a dive if you ask me but all the other 5 goals were just, including the other penalty.

@Notorious

This is one of those games that happens once in 50 years. And it didn't end 6-1 because you were right. Don't be so pretentious. It's laughable. If PSG don't miss those sitters after the 3-1 or if the ref doesn't give that second penalty, then Barcelona are out. That's football. It happens. Maybe you should stay with handegg and baseball. You Americans are more educated about that. ;)

Edited by discipline

9 minutes ago, Notorious said:

@discipline You have the reading comprehension of a potato. Don't @ me again we have nothing to talk about. i've responded to you, spare me homeboy your obsessed with me. I make money sports gambling, you make claims, seek attention and live in a council estate.  Just stay quiet and tail my bets. "Just Banter"

latest?cb=20120211222858

internetHero.jpg

@Notorious

@Notorious

@Notorious

@Notorious

@Notorious

Edited by discipline

Hi guys, I didn't have the chance to comment, but WHAT THE HELL happened with PSG????? Was like a blackout! They've lost so many goals I think I couldn't missed them myself! Good Lord, what a terrible game, and all they needed was a draw. 

On 2017-03-08, 4:56:03, discipline said:

I could kick myself for not putting at least 10 quid on Barcelona for fun after Cavani scored... Anyone know what the bookies were offering for Barcelona to go through after Cavani's goal and after Neymar's freekick goal? 

The odds on Barca, after Cavani scored  was 100/1. I know someone who got 10 on it:beer:beer:beer

Edited by Icongene

Juventus FC v FC Porto

Juventus FC: Chiellini (19/2 d, probably in), Barzagli (16/0 d, doubtful), Sturaro (15/0 m)

FC Porto: Herrera (16/1 m, probably in), Corona (21/2 f, doubtful), Telles (23/1 d, suspended), João Costa (0/0 g)

Leicester City v Sevilla FC

Leicester City: Mendy (4/0 m), Wague (0/0 d)

Sevilla FC: Trémoulinas (0/0 d), Carriço (5/0 m), Montoya (2/0 m), Fernández (3/1 f), Vietto (19/6 f), Krohn-Dehli (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Leicester with the two victories gained a psychological advantage, while Seville is a very good team, I expect qualifying to determine the details, I do not believe that teams go on the field and attack from the start of the match, one goal is enough
LEICESTER CITY vs FC SEVILLA @@ +2.75 Under, odds 1.96

I do not believe that may be endangered Juventus especially in front of the audience, know how to manage such games, keeping the measures in the pace and qualifying, I expect close game with few goals
JUVENTUS TURIN vs FC PORTO @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.75

I am also on Juve @1,775

Juve have the experience and class to finish this job easily. Porto mainly plays defensive football and now they have to come out and attack, which suits Juve perfectly.

I am thinking also about the over 2.5. Think odds are set too high knowing that this is a return and Porto has to attack. I saw Juve against AC Milan and the had enough possibilities to make 5.

I am surprised by the odds and in my opinion bookmakers are giving to much of credits to fact that Juventus has 2 goals advantage. Match will start with 0-0, and why would they want to gamble with the match? Experiences are huge factor in Champions league and in my opinion Juventus will win 2nd leg as well. However I am not underestimating Porto and I really like their youngsters I can not skip odds on Juventus. Whole analysis here!

I still think that 2,43 on Sevilla is madness... :eek

Edited by Pep004

AS Monaco v Manchester City

AS Monaco: Falcao (22/16 f, top scorer, doubtful), Glik (28/5 d, suspended), Boschilia (11/6 m), Carrillo (17/7 f)

Manchester City: Kompany (3/0 d, doubtful), Gundogan (10/3 m), Gabriel Jesus (4/3 f)

Atlético Madrid v Bayer Leverkusen

Atlético Madrid: Gabi (24/0 m, captain, suspended), Filipe Luís (24/0 d, suspended), Tiago (9/1 m), Fernández (3/0 m), Gameiro (25/10 f, 2nd top scorer)

Bayer Leverkusen: Henrichs (22/0 m, suspended), Tah (16/1 d), Toprak (18/1 d), Bender (9/0 m), Havertz (16/0 m, personal reasons), Kiessling (12/1 f), Çalhanoğlu (15/6 f, 2nd top scorer, 4 months FIFA suspension)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

23 hours ago, betcatalog said:

Leicester with the two victories gained a psychological advantage, while Seville is a very good team, I expect qualifying to determine the details, I do not believe that teams go on the field and attack from the start of the match, one goal is enough
LEICESTER CITY vs FC SEVILLA @@ +2.75 Under, odds 1.96

I do not believe that may be endangered Juventus especially in front of the audience, know how to manage such games, keeping the measures in the pace and qualifying, I expect close game with few goals
JUVENTUS TURIN vs FC PORTO @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.75

:ok

Leverkusen is in poor condition and is required to play aggressively if they want to qualify, but Atletico are experienced in good condition that can exploit the weaknesses of rivals
ATLETICO MADRID vs BAYER 04 LEVERKUSEN @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.72

Monaco has no other way than to come out on the field and attack from the start, I think you will again see game with many goals
AS MONACO vs MANCHESTER CITY @@ +3.00 Over, odds 1.62

Monaco - Manchester City... I watched last few trainings of both teams (I really like both of them), and both managers are working on attack. Guardiola said on press conference, that if anyone thinks that they will come to Monaco to defend their advantage, he's wrong. I totally believe that. I am not even sure, that this team knows how to play defensively. They will be motivated (both of them), both has great attacks, Monaco will need to attack, City with electric Sane and Sterling will be dangerous in counters for sure. Monaco will also miss Glik, which means important defender less which should be good for over, but fact is also that he is right behind Sergio Ramos when it comes to goals..

I think that we'll see at least 4 goals here.

Atl Madrid - Bayer Leverkusen over 2,5 goals. Leverkusen need to score three goals, Madrid is not likely to win this match by just defending the lead.
1,75 is good odds for at least 3 goals.

And of course City - Monaco looks like another goal fest. But the odds are so low that I will stay away.

Edited by DW_United

2 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Great Monaco! Bakayoko&Fabinho.. Chapeau! 

Any idea why Monaco have looked so unfit in the 2nd halfs of these two ties? 

In Manchester they were dead after 60 minutes and tonight they were very poor 2nd 45.

Do they have bad fitness levels or is it something else like the pressure? 

They obviously play at a very high tempo but losing it after 60 minutes is poor.

2 hours ago, Icongene said:

In Manchester they were dead after 60 minutes and tonight they were very poor 2nd 45.

They obviously play at a very high tempo but losing it after 60 minutes is poor.

yes mónaco wasnt there until sane's goal but a city reaction was expected, they were playing terrible in the first half and they had to attack in the second to stay in the competition and they have quality players. also i had the impression mónacos plan was to defend the 2-0 rather than search the 3-0. city took advantage of this and they started attacking, they scored and mónaco seemed to be ready for another frenchoke. at the end they managed to score and hold the result and i'm happy as they play such beautiful football and i think they have good chances of going deep in this tournament. personally i'm on them to reach the final so hope they don't draw bayern or juve in the next round.

9 hours ago, Icongene said:

You need to know, that when Manchester City connects things in buildup, they are dangerous as hell. They can beat everyone, but in first half, they were simply lost. There was no connection between the defensive line and midfield, Fernandinho was there just to run and Baka & Fabinho looked like two Gods on the pitch, winning all the duels, winning all the 2nd balls, Silva and de Bruyne were totally erased from the pitch. Aguero was trying, while Sane and Sterling didn't even came into positions where they could take advantage of speed.. while they were 1on1 with Mendy or Sidibe, there was no space and as they are physically much stronger than Sane and Rash, it was impossible to break them. They are something similar to Rose&Walker duel, even if I think that S&M are even smarter, and tactically better, but well that's just my personal opinion.

In second, when those through balls started working for City, when Sane and Rash received good balls behind the defence, I thought ok, poor Monaco.. that's it. Aguero missed 2-3 chances which he is not missing normally and City is out. On the other hand I can not lose the feeling, that Rash is incapable of scoring. Can he improve? Maybe, he's young, but for player like him.. ability to score is important and should be less nervous in front of goal. But well.. when it looked that City is closer to 2-2 than 3-1, Timo scored and it was enough. 

I am so happy for Monaco. Even if I really like to see the way how City plays (2nd half), I just love this Monaco and I really think that they can surprise this year. Except Bayern maybe, I think that no one is capable to destroy them. Real and Barcelona are not on deadly level (yet), Atletico will suffer against Monaco for sure,.. Shakespeare can only pray that they won't get Monaco. Can not wait the draw. :)

p.s. I just hope, that Monaco is still focused on Ligue 1. You need to be lucky in Champions league, that's for sure.

I was just surprised to see them fade so badly in both second halfs. My team played City twice in the Champions League this year and despite there being open questions about the Celtic squads lack of fitness we looked much fitter than Monaco did. Maybe it was Man City's quality having an effect :)