** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League > Mar 7th - 15th

3 hours ago, Notorious said:

Accusing me of being an idiot fanboy...stil crying after the game?!?! Bahahanhaha like I said buddy we are here to make money. Terrible betting advice form you, hopefully you have better luck the next round.

You are a tough, brave sports bettor, huh? Got any other unthinkable betting advice? You know, like Chelsea or Juve winning their next league home game? That kind of stuff? You seem to be good at it. ;)

As for tonight. Barcelona win + over 2.5 goals or Barcelona win + BTS seem like good bets. I reckon Barcelona will score 3 but won't be able to prevent PSG from scoring at least once. Don't wanna touch the Dortmund game. I still don't know what to think of Tuchel's Dortmund. Anything is possible.

I actually went ahead and put one of the most degen bets of the year..

Benfica win

Barca/PSG (HT/FT)

@ 378.00

Put 1GBP so not even a unit but hey, lets have some action.

Inspired by the 1/2's last night.

Also put 4u on O2.5 in all 3 big games tonight (City & CL)

25 minutes ago, andrewcalo said:

Which state? I've never been to USA, but I've been in some right states over the years lol 

I've been trying to know that... best guess: redneck country.. :lol

A Trump fan? here? :loon

Edited by DrBetter

See here we have the loss in translation that comes with communicating online.

French Boys - Yanks come off abrupt/obnoxious online, but in real life they'd be putting their arm around you and you'd tell thy were winding you up. It's not intentional.

Notorious - these French boys are lovely in real life. but that doesn't translate well in here - they're playing with you and come across as a bit soft and at times also rude, but in real life you'd see the French love to play with language and they're all about suggesting shit without actually really meaning it.

The Welsh, on the other hand, are hard as fcuk and strike the fear of God into anyone they deem worthy to communicate with. You boys should bow down kiss the ring lol

Edited by andrewcalo

Long time no speak..been a while.

PSG to score looks a must tonight – although the odds are garbage now so prob in-play. Barca aren’t playing a Spanish minnow tonight, PSG are much better when playing sides that attack them – see their struggles against sides that put 11 behind the ball – Di Maria/Moura/Draxler are all rapid and they will create chances on the counter. I couldn’t confidently predict an outcome in the game but talk of Barca going through sounds fanciful to me, they haven’t convinced me this season and beating sides like Celta Vigo 5-0 doesn’t mean anything. PSG are a better team overall and I can see them scoring here as Barca will have to push forward in numbers at some point. Mascherano playing again is a blow for the bet as he is the brains in that backline.

Dortmund look like a banana skin in general, someone with a decent gameplan will knock them out. I admire Benfica as they seem to retain the same level while losing all their best players, Jonas is past his best but Mitro has stepped up to the plate this year. I don’t really think Benfica should go through but wouldn’t be confident enough about Dortmund to back them on a handicap.

Personally my big bet to win at the start of the comp was At Madrid at 15 and backed R.Madrid at 6.5 later on. Tempted by Juve at 9 now too.

Edited by HastGill1

37 minutes ago, HastGill1 said:

Long time no speak..been a while.

PSG to score looks a must tonight – although the odds are garbage now so prob in-play. Barca aren’t playing a Spanish minnow tonight, PSG are much better when playing sides that attack them – see their struggles against sides that put 11 behind the ball – Di Maria/Moura/Draxler are all rapid and they will create chances on the counter. I couldn’t confidently predict an outcome in the game but talk of Barca going through sounds fanciful to me, they haven’t convinced me this season and beating sides like Celta Vigo 5-0 doesn’t mean anything. PSG are a better team overall and I can see them scoring here as Barca will have to push forward in numbers at some point. Mascherano playing again is a blow for the bet as he is the brains in that backline.

Dortmund look like a banana skin in general, someone with a decent gameplan will knock them out. I admire Benfica as they seem to retain the same level while losing all their best players, Jonas is past his best but Mitro has stepped up to the plate this year. I don’t really think Benfica should go through but wouldn’t be confident enough about Dortmund to back them on a handicap.

Personally my big bet to win at the start of the comp was At Madrid at 15 and backed R.Madrid at 6.5 later on. Tempted by Juve at 9 now too.

lol... king HastGill1 is back!

49 minutes ago, HastGill1 said:

(...) PSG to score looks a must tonight (...) 

(...) Barca going through sounds fanciful to me, they haven’t convinced me this season and beating sides like Celta Vigo 5-0 doesn’t mean anything.. (...)

Spanish newspapers tend to forget that these days... in the liga thread we love to bet on Celta lately, good team, but cmon!! All these liga team are far away from PSG's level... PSG would also crush Celta 5-0.. no doubt... How could they put PSG so low, these guys are stupid narcissistic catalan fanboys!

And these spanish seems to think that if they can score 6 goals to Sporting Gijon, so they can do it to PSG.. what a joke, what an insult and a huge lack of respect for the opponent.. 6 goals to PSG? Really... Probably the best defense in Europe with Bayern's and Juventus's... Lmao..

Some have even said that they could do the "remontada" in just one half... Sick... mark my words, PSG is going to punish all of these spanish-barca chokers!

Edited by DrBetter

20 minutes ago, DrBetter said:

Spanish newspapers tend to forget that these days... in the liga thread we love to bet on Celta lately, good team, but cmon!! All these liga team are far away from PSG's level... PSG would also crush Celta 5-0.. no doubt... How could they put PSG so low, these guys are stupid narcissistic catalan fanboys!

And these spanish seems to think that if they can score 6 goals to Sporting Gijon, so they can do it to PSG.. what a joke, what an insult and a huge lack of respect for the opponent.. 6 goals to PSG? Really... Probably the best defense in Europe with Bayern's and Juventus's... Lmao..

Some have even said that they could do the "remontada" in just one half... Sick... mark my words, PSG is going to punish all of these spanish-barca chokers!

Barca beating PSG 5-0 (or whatever is enough) tonight would be the greatest accomplishment in CL history if you ask me. The problem is that even if Barca lead 2-0, PSG can still calmy play their usual defensive game and don't need to open up. 

Edited by discipline

Opa @DrBetter.. Talking about Barca like this.. :) Admit, that you are just trying to become friend with your enemy huh? :p  I think that all those #remuntada things are just to inspire Catalan nation, to believe, to go on the match and to support their club. What would you expect in Catalan news today? Articles like.. Let's play if we need to? We have no chance? That would be real stupidity IMO. Who will believe if home region won't? :) That's football.. and if anything, than PSG had problems with mentality in matches like this. Just remember last season.. it was the same in Paris. City can not touch us, City is rubbish, CIty is in crisis, blahblah.. and this City, even if they had big problems with key player Yaya not interested to play, and some other problems (without West Ham, they wouldn't even be in CL this season) but yet.. they won against PSG. And now, this PSG is without main player of last xy  seasons - Ibra. 

Don't get me wrong, I prefer this PSG than the one before, specially because of Unai and really good players (f.. I really love them, even if I hope that Monaco will take the L1. Let's make a deal.. if your team will survive tonight, that I am cheering for PSG till end of CL.  :) ), but again.. don't be so sure. I agree that it will be incredibly tough to keep clean sheet for Barcelona, but don't forget that you will play in front of 100k fans, and conceding a fast goal can break things... As I mentioned before.. Lucho took great timing to announce his depart, players will play for themselves.. They were humiliated in Paris and believe me, that they will at least try to do something. Did you see match of Real yesterday? They played for nothing. They were poor, Napoli played very very solid, high pressure, stealing dozens of balls, creating chances, but what happened? Real scored twice from nothing. PSG has Cavani, who is one of most known players in the world able to miss 100% chances one after another and will be the version of him today.. who knows.. :) I was thinking about going with x2 here, but after Enrique said what he said, and after I've seen some trainings of Barcelona.. I can tell you that you are too confident as well. Admit that somewhere deep in you is piece of fear. :p 

p.s. kind a like war over here. :D @Notorious you still didn't respond about French talents.. Are you just ignoring me, because you are not able to talk with me normally? :( 

19 minutes ago, Pep004 said:

Admit that somewhere deep in you is piece of fear. :p 

Nop... searching, digging... hasn't found it yet... :p    I could follow Emery, Verratti and Draxler to war!

Edited by DrBetter

Really tempted by Barca -1.5 handicap. Since LE anounced his departure it seems players are more confortable, also late wins against Atleti and Leganes helped to build some confidence. They've scored 11 goals in their last two matches, true is they played against Gijon which normally will get relegated but then they scored FIVE against Celta which IMO is a decent team. To me it just depends on Messi and Suarez, if they are fully motivated this can be a long night for PSG.4-0 its an enormous handicap, almost impossible to comeback. But let's not understimate Barca, they are the champions of Spain and they have the best player and maybe the best striker in the world. I believe this match will be one-sided with Barca going on mode full attack, dominating possesion, PSG counter attacks might kill them but I'm taking the risk. 

2 units on Barca -1.5 handicap

45 minutes ago, andrewcalo said:

Brits dont know their footy lol yet we have the best league in the world don't you agree?

Im also a Swansea supporter. All I want to say is two words - Bob Bradley.

Ahahah Bob Bradley, the first american coach in France... Lol.. A bit surprising to see him go to Swansea... went well obviously :lol

As for the first statement, difficult to say... I'd like to tell you yes, but there is 2 major arguments that bother me when you ask PL fans about past/bad performances of their clubs in european cups:

1) Too much energy required to dispute the PL, nothing left for european cups... 2) Winning PL is too prestigious, nobody cares about champions league, because CL is easier to win... I just don't find these arguments very honest, and though, I really hope we'll see good performance from PL teams in CL in the future, to support your claim...! 

Edited by DrBetter

Ok, fair enough, come on for the trash talk... I'm disgusted... I don't know what to say... I even cannot talk about "what if".. cavani and di maria's chances, suspect penalties (meunier's though is a penalty)... And the forgotten red card for Piqué, the constant diving of braca's players... And what about those ugly goals... bad referee ultimately...

But overall... PSG lost much more than a game... it's an humiliation... i'feel raped guys... I have ni idea what in the world could console me... i'll never get over it.. I don't understand why we played in defense, why we abandoned our pressing... if only cavani had score his 1vs1... 

Sorry if some of you followed me on my blind bets, at least BTTS was ok, mea culpa...But, this match is out of this world... At 3-1, 15 min left, and then 2 penalties... insane...

Edited by DrBetter

39 minutes ago, DrBetter said:

Ok, fair enough, come on for the trash talk... I'm disgusted... I don't know what to say... I even cannot talk about "what if".. cavani and di maria's chances, suspect penalties (meunier's though is a penalty)... And the forgotten red card for Piqué, the constant diving of braca's players... And what about those ugly goals... bad referee ultimately...

But overall... PSG lost much more than a game... it's an humiliation... i'feel raped guys... I have ni idea what in the world could console me... i'll never get over it.. I don't understand why we played in defense, why we abandoned our pressing... if only cavani had score his 1vs1... 

Sorry if some of you followed me on my blind bets, at least BTTS was ok, mea culpa...But, this match is out of this world... At 3-1, 15 min left, and then 2 penalties... insane...

That's football mate! ;) I missed most of the game, but seems they just lost the plot but full credit to Barca either way, incredible performance. :eek 

Dortmund stormed through and anyone who watched the 1st leg knew that the game would set up like this.

I expected Barca to win it to do it like that, well fcuk me. Not even a fan yet I was up screaming when the 6th went in.

Fucking delighted the Qatari millions are out in their arse. Man City next.

I would give him a red card in for this.. but on the other hand, referee pretty far away, bad positioned, with view behind the backs.. he didn't see it in same way like we did. When you are watching this situation from more angles, you can see Marquinhos not even watching the ball, just following Suarez and going into him and Suarez was in the mood for diving for whole match, and he succeeded there.

Uefalona is back right? :D I seriously don't care, I am just happy to see the comeback. @DrBetter I agree with you that tactical approach was bad. I started saying that as the match started, as it's fuc** hard to defend for 90 minutes in front of 100k stadium supporting other team. After goal of Cavani from nothing I ate my words, and said "ok, he proved me wrong" but after this miracle in last 7 minutes.. My opinion is the same again. Why play so defensively, if you have one of the strongest attacks in the world? And against 3 defenders of Barcelona (which were by the way for 51% of the match on half of PSG!) It's true, they had two 100% chances, but it should be much more of that... I don't know, maybe it wasn't problem with tactics? Maybe they were just to afraid, with shi* in their pants not able to move.. well, they obviously looked like that. But honestly, preparation on Messi was good again. Pretty similar like on match in Paris, but Neymar did it much much better this time than in Paris.. while Suarez? It's better that I am quiet.

And as one of my friends is saying (he is referee): If you are arriving to box 100-times per match, it's logical that there are bigger chances, that referee will make mistake.. 

Any top team that throws away a 4 goals(6 goals since an away goal counts double) doesn't deserve any sympathy.

As for PSG, they need players with real winning mentality or at least players who are willing to die for each other to achieve the impossible. And Cavani got to be 1 of the worst striker in a top side. While I'm not sure about the statistics but he got to be 1 of the top striker with worst conversion rate. Even Jermaine Defoe can perform better than him if he is in the PSG side.