** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Feb 24th - 26th

aleagueodds.jpg.a44d056e7ea35bdb67695735

Well, it finally happened! Sydney FC lost their unbeaten run to Western Sydney Wanderers! @lockscombi, please say you avoided backing them. You were tempted! Central Coast Mariners also screwed you last weekend. What are you thinking this weekend?

@vasilli07, Newcastle Jets let you down last week. Worth backing them at home to CCM this weekend? Also, are Perth Glory worth a DNB punt this week at 2.20. Will WSW build on last weekend's win or will they suffer an anti-climax?

Sydney DNB(1.9 @ marathonbet) - City was impressive in their win last week but that was against the 2nd worst team in the league(the table do lie at times). Sydney has been consistent over the course of the season and 1 loss doesn't change that. I feel they can bounce back here.

Roar 1x2 - Wellington Phoenix is in a mess at the moment. Their best midfielder Roly Bonevacia and leftback Tom Doyle have been dropped as a result of last week horror show. Roar will most probably start a stronger team as compared to that rubbish midweek team in the ACL.

Victory -1(1.7 @ pinnacle) - It's Adelaide 3rd game in a week so I expect some rotation. They will also be going to China to play against Jiangsu Suning next week. Victory already defeated them twice 2-0, don't see any reason why they can't complete the treble here.

Perth Glory DNB(1.7 @ pinnacle) - If Castro can continue his good form, then Perth good form should continue as well. WSW should be starting their usual starting XI although there is a chance they have 1 eye on next week ACL game. Attacking midfielder Nico Martinez may start from the bench after playing 2 games in the past week.

Mariners +0.5/DNB(depends on you) - Derby game so form is out of the window again. Jets best defender Nigel Boogaard is suspended so their backline could be abit inexperienced. Not really that good when going up against 1 of the best poacher(Roy O'Donovan) in the league.

Could be a crash and burn weekend as I'm backing 4 favourites of the 5 games. :hope Victory is my most confident bet.

Edited by vasilli07

On 24/02/2017, 10:38:06, lockscombi said:

I went 1 unit Syd FC @ 1.72 sb at halftime! Am i crazy but does that not seem generous considering City are a whole man down for 2nd half!

EZ MONEY

I guess if a team is a man down at home but still drawing or leading then the bookies give a little bit of leeway because they think a more defensive approach might kill the game. I agree though, it was a price to lap up because a team playing Sydney Utd are this season will not be shut out easily with a one man advantage.