** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Feb 24th - 26th

laligaratings.jpg.0ec222a2c587b06f8f9bd6

A massive shock for Real Madrid with that 2-1 defeat away to Valencia during midweek. Who saw that coming? I bet it bust a number of accumulators. Is this the Valencia resurgence?

@betcatalog, you were back on it with the BTTS call for that game. What is looking good for you this weekend?

@Notorious, I respect bets like yours last week. In-depth thought behind it. Interested to hear what you're selecting this weekend.

@Pep004, unlucky on the Villarreal BTTS shout. Any bets looking interesting for you here?

@Icongene, reckon Betis will recover from that defensive shambles last week?

@sajtion, we were a bit off on that Osasuna call! :lol I think we need to pull our socks up this week!

@musang, great to see a new face involved. Do you have any thoughts on the games this weekend?

@WinningAdvice, you correctly backed Celta Vigo last week. Will you be staying committed to them? Away to Sporting Gijon. Three points, surely?

Also keen to hear from other guys that have given their tips in here previously including @KikoCy and @Bett.

Las Palmas in league scoring and easily accepts the goal, for this reason it has 14 to 23 goals and 7 goals in 12 goals scored at home. The hosts do very often Goals, Sociedad has a very good offensive line that can score today, expect game with goals either side
UNION DEPORTIVA LAS PALMAS vs REAL SOCIEDAD @@ Both team to score, odds 1.70

2 hours ago, Notorious said:

Early weekend view:

Real Madrid-Villarreal

Real Madrid to win. Valencia caught us by surprise and had an awesome game. Props to them. Villarreal have an outstanding defense, but I do not see Real Madrid losing this game. Score Prediction 3-1.

Alaves-Valencia

I like Alaves, they have a couple Real Madrid players I like such as Marcos Llorente and Pacheco. Alaves defend very well as a unit and have made me a lot of money this year. I might throw them in a parlay, but wouldn't recommend it. Draw at half time

Sevilla-Real Betis

Sevilla to win. 

Pathetico-Barca

If my bookie offered Athleti+1 I would take it in a heartbeat. No Matter who they play or where always take Athleti +1. As a Real Madrid fan, I would love to see Barca lose this game, but history shows it won't happen. Currently my bookie (Bovada) is offering Athleti 0ver 1.5 goals at +170 is very appealing, but I will look this game over later tonight. I want to bet on it. If Savic is in the starting lineup over 2.5 goals is straight chalk pick, he defends like a potato. 

Athletic Bilbao- Granada

Athletic Bilbao at home are simply amazing, but Granada are a very cheeky team. The bet I like for this match is BTTS/Atheltic Bilabo to win.

Thoughts/Opinions? If you feel like I'm being biased or just flat out wrong on my thought process, let me know. I'm in the business of making money not stroking my ego. 

A 3-1 win is a big call. I think it's far from unreasonable though. Do you not think you could keep a clean sheet? I agree, I think Valencia caught you short and you won't fall victim to a shocker again this weekend. I think over 2.5 goals is certainly worth backing too.

CD Leganés v Deportivo La Coruña
CD Leganés: Alberto (14/0 m, suspended), Serantes (13/0 first goalkeeper), Insua (20/0 d, on loan from Deportivo), Timor (17/1 m), Ibáñez (5/2 m), Koné (5/0 f)
Deportivo La Coruña: Borges (22/5 m, 2nd top scorer), Bruno Gama (15/0 m), Moreno (13/0 f)

SD Eibar v Málaga CF
SD Eibar: Rico (17/2 m, suspended), Riesgo (14/0 first goalkeeper), Gálvez (11/0 d), Juncà (2/0 d), Kike (12/2 f), Nano (6/1 f)
Málaga CF: José Rodríguez (2/0 m, suspended), Camacho (22/4 m, 2nd top scorer, suspended), Koné (7/0 d), Muñoz (3/0 d), Kuzmanovic (4/0 m), Recio (9/0 m), Añor (20/2 m), En-Nesyri (10/1 f), Sandro (17/7 f, top scorer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Hi Guys!

Agreed mostly with what's above about Real Madrid, i'm backing them too on this one, villareal just played also midweek, even if they were nearly out. But this week is pretty difficult...

Espanyol is tempting, but so many injuries.. But i'll back them on this one, Ossasuna has a few injuries too, they've done a few "not bad" matchs which worries me... but overall, Espanyol is pretty solid these times, mostly at home... 

No Aduriz, no Raul Garcia, no Laporte fot Bilbao, with a 2-0 loss this week at Nicosie... Too risky.. even at home, Granada is rising lately, playing better...

Sevilla seems to me the other reasonable choice for this week end, so...

Other games are not very interesting, I wouldn't back Celta, Barca neither, nor Valencia

My bet for this week is :

> Real madrid win at Villareal, combined with a win of Espanyol at home (i've a bad feeling about espanyol, but they performed so well recently.. kinda trust them). Total odds: 2,65

> Sevilla Win odds: 2,1

Good luck guys!

Edited by DrBetter

I would just add that Betis vs Sevilla is big city derby and league positions never counts on this match. Fans on Benito Villamarin are the loudest fans in Spain and I believe that it won't be easy for Sampaoli's guys.

I agree with bet on Real who need a bounce back in this round as things are becoming little bit complicated (even tho they played with 70% reserve team in Rome). I wouldn't touch Barca, even tho this Atletico is far from the one we were used to watch in last years, but I believe that against Barca they will be motivated and regarding the situation in Barca, I would never back them. When did they outplay anyone for the last time? And no, it was not Eibar even if result was 4-1, Eibar was pretty unlucky in this match and if Denis wouldn't score a goal from distance, it would god damn hard for Barca to win. Midfield was icon of Barca, the strongest part of Barca, but Enrique decided to demolish it and play directly, with midfield only as supporting part of MSN. I hate him, I can not help myself. 

I agree, the derby games are always a lottery. I tend to go for the underdogs on a double chance because derbies often have the mindset that you simply must not lose. This results in so many ending in a draw. At those odds, I might just double chance Sevilla though because I've been impressed when watching them lately. I am also tempted to back Sevilla to win to nil because Real Betis have failed to score against their rivals in the past seven meetings.

Also agreed with you both, but it's Sevilla, not Valencia... For me right now they're the best spanish team, and they don't even play at 100%...  They're just miles ahead of Betis, I know Betis will fight, but Sevilla usually should win many more matchs by a higher score, they create many chances, so i don't see Betis able to resist long...

But also agreed with Stevie, a double chance/DnB would be safer (combined with a real win for example).. I'm still backing Sevilla, but you've made a fair point... Hope to see the match and won't regret it!

Personally, im leaving Seville.

There's just too much at stake in the derby and given Betis' absolutely pathetic performance v Grenada last week this is the IDEAL game to pick themselves up. Betis are very limited but one thing they will have is determination and they don't concede many goals at home. Also Seville to me, looked absolutely exhausted and out on their feet v Leicester in the last 20 mins. Maybe fitness will play a part here. I wan't to back (a) but I'll sit out.

Eibar v Malaga HOME WIN 2.05

Great odds here imo for a team that the bookies continue to underestimate. They are no stranger to goals (13 in 5) and are unbeaten against anyone outside the top 3 in the division since the beginning of December last year, a brilliant feat. Malaga with 1 win in 12 matches and have 0 wins (a) this entire season. Surely value on the home side here?

Edited by Icongene

15 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Sevilla were outclassed by Betis in the first half, but Sampaoli changed it and his side end up with three points. A coach with solutions. Sevilla won with smart substitutions and tactical adjustments by Sampaoli in a ground where Bétis mopped the floor with Barça this season.

Yes, he's certainly proving himself to be quite the tactician. Is he destined to become the next Barcelona coach? Importantly, Sevilla are far from out of the race for the La Liga. Yes, Real Madrid have two games in hand and Barcelona have one game in hand but there are a lot of vital games left.

Villarreal - Real Madrid, PICK Real Madrid AH -0,75 @1,88 PINNACLE 5/10

Match between 6th and 1st placed team in Spanish La Liga will be played on El Madrigal in Villarreal and will start at 20:45. Main referee will be Avalos who loves cards.

Villarreal is coming to match after 0-1 win in Rome, but they played with reserved squad, so team won't be too tired, even though Bruno and Soriano played for bigger part of the game. Maybe Escriba will make some changes, after team performed solid in Rome, and maybe someone from "reserves" will receive chance from 1st minute today. Soldado is doubtful, while otherwise Escriba has no injury or suspension concerns.

Real Madrid is coming to match after defeat on Mestalla, but I am not too surprised by result, as if who, than Valencia was always problematic opponent for big teams, even now, when they are placed far from where club as Valencia should be. Real will miss Varane and Danilo, but Pepe and Carvajal are even better choices right now. Carvajal is in my opinion best right full back in the world, solid in defence, and exceptional in attack. Bale is back in the team, we'll probably see him from first minute after a long time, and I think that Gareth is the most important player of this team. With him, their options in attack are much wider.

After defeat against Valencia, there was nothing else on my mind than to back Real Madrid in next match, and luckily I won't need to catch high asian handicaps, but they are playing against decent opponent and odds are fine. They are simply stronger, stronger in aerial duels, stronger in midfield, Villarreal will need to be much more careful on their flanks that they are used to be against weaker opponents, and if Rome won here with 4 goals difference, then I don't know why Real Madrid couldn't win with at least 2 goal difference. On the other hand, Sevilla won, and has same amount of point than Real, Barca is let's say winning points even if they are playing disastrous, and 1st place is far from guaranteed in Spain. Everything can change, and Zizou won't allow to lose 2 matches in row.

@Pep004 Looks like the betting gods were smiling down on us tonight. What a comeback from Madrid having been second best all over the park for 60 mins and 2-0 down. I always say if I could choose any team in the world to rescue a bet for me from behind it would be Real. How did they win this?

And to think I choose this over PSG. What a stressful choice at high stakes but I'll take that :beer

How did they win this? Ask referees.. let's be honest, Villarreal stopped playing after second goal, but if that was penalty... It's a shame... 

p.s. Before anyone will attack me, I didn't watch whole match, but I've seen the penalty and for me.. I've seen one article how many times Real did it this year already with help of refs.. I'll paste it if I'll find it. I hope that Sevilla will surprise this season, because both Real and Barca are below their level.

Edited by Pep004

It's just amazing to see your behavior. I told you that I am not here to have any kind of war between those clubs, but it's forum and I can express ny opinion. I agree that it was not fair what happened in the match against Chelsea, Inter, etc. But please be little bit objective. It's really funny to hear "grow up" from you. 

Edited by Pep004

@Notorious, tone down your verbal aggression towards @Pep004 immediately, please. Attitudes and language towards another poster like that are not tolerated here. We are all here to beat the bookies, not each other or each others' teams.

If @andrewcalo (Swansea fan) and I (Cardiff fan) can get on then there is no excuse for anyone else to be bickering.

3 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Fair enough, I beat the bookies indeed this weekend. You hit anything good??

Left La Liga well alone after last weekend and the shambolic excuse that was my BTTS accumulator. Might take a look this midweek. A full fixture schedule makes for some interesting potential. Head on over to that thread and give us your thoughts. If you continue to win as you did this week and don't slag people off then you could prove to become a popular poster around here!

It's ok @StevieDay1983. It depends on character of person if you can get along or not. I said many times, that i have nothing against Real, I am objective about Barca as much as possible (I said that in my opinion Barca shouldn't win the penalty against Leganes even if many people thinks otherwise), and anyway all who read my posts on this forum knows that. I even think that I said more "bad" words about Barcelona than Real Madrid. :D But well, I am not Catalan, I am not living in Barcelona and I don't feel the anger against Madrid as Catalans (also because of history). Besides Zidane was one of my favourite players and I was always big fan of France (I was cheering for Real Madrid in CL finals against Leverkusen because of him :p). I like to have discussion about football, to exchange opinions, even to learn something new,...

Edited by Pep004