Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

fatrophyodds.jpg.fd1c65c405352bd56057e18

nationalleagueodds.jpg.0d0097addffc09dd5

nationalnorthodds.jpg.3e8fab03a24ba9ba66

nationalsouthodds.jpg.d2a12049c0a84e0675

northernpremierodds.jpg.9530182e2960ea75

rymanpremierodds.jpg.650bb14480f2d5e7fa4

southernpremierodds.jpg.07d2a52e44b1d5ca

A packed fixture schedule this weekend with a complete list in National League, National League North, National League South, Northern Premier League, Ryman Premier, and Southern Premier League. We are also treated to the FA Trophy Quarter Finals. Lincoln City in the last 8 of another cup competition. They must be buzzing. @GazBlades, hopefully, you can share your thoughts on this.

@addpea, your fine form continued midweek. What are you looking at this weekend?

Keen to hear the views of previous forum contributors such as @amtopm, @sammydubs, @Tanktop, @allthethings, @the bastardian, @bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @sammummery, @MuineBheag, @Bronxie and @misky.

Personally, I've been reluctant to back Merthyr over the last week. They've only picked up 1 point from their last two games. I'm backing them to seal a solid win over Frome Town here. Gavin Williams will have his men back on the promotion trail. I'm actually looking to attend a few Merthyr games before the end of the season. They are now technically the closest professional/ semi-professional club to where I live now as opposed to Cardiff City. They also have some decent players for that level with Williams himself having Championship experience with Ipswich and Yeovil, Kayne McLaggon coming from the Southampton youth set-up having graduated with the likes of Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott. They also have a few youngsters such as Jaye Bowen from Cardiff City and former Cardiff youth player Curtis McDonald.

Leatherhead won last night! And it should have been 4 or 5 I heard. Sudbury are a very poor side, Met Police at 1.95 looks a solid bet. 

Big win for Met Police against my tip Burgess Hill last weekend vs Sudbury who are getting stuffed every week. Lump on!

Will let you know anything else I fancy when I get time. 

Edited by sammydubs
4 minutes ago, sammydubs said:

Leatherhead won last night! And it should have been 4 or 5 I heard. Sudbury are a very poor side, Met Police at 1.95 looks a solid bet. 

Big win for Met Police against my time Burgess Hill last weekend vs Sudbury who are getting stuffed every week. Lump on!

Will let you know anything else I fancy when I get time. 

Thanks Sammy! Always helps to get the views of somebody in the trenches! :lol

Like Southport v Chester @ 2.62, Southport are fighting hard for survival whilst Chester seems to be on the beach already, losing the last 4, including a 4-2 loss at lowly Maidstone.

Cant do a full analysis this week as kids off school and i have to fight them for the laptop!!

2 hours ago, Tanktop said:

I know its a cup game but Lincoln look a huge price against Boreham Wood (1 win in the last 8!)

We'll be making plenty of changes again at the weekend, but even with 6-7 changes in the Trophy so far we've looked good. I wouldn't tell you not to back us, but I wouldn't be taking it personally. We certainly won't be going there to draw with the horrendous amount of games we've now got to play in the next 2 months!

13 hours ago, allthethings said:

Thanks to addpea for the Macclesfield tip...you saved me from half my overs idiocy, so cheers for that.

Haven't looked deeply into things yet but will be looking at odds for the home dogs, Bath, Margate and Stortford.

Margate's manager Nikki Bull has left tonight. Funnily enough I did think the prices were wrong on that game as both sides as bad as each other, but with Bull gone they look worth staying clear of.

Unusually just the one bet for me this weekend and it probably won't come as much as a surprise that I wan't to oppose Sutton on their travels again. Regardless of the Arsenal game and all the fall out, I would still want to be backing Torquay. Just to repeat Sutton's away form this season reads 1 win, 3 draws and 11 defeats. They have also scored just 11 goals. Torquay are hardly the most consistent side in the league and have only one win in their last 6, but that was against Gateshead and the have got two very creditable draws against Macclesfield and Barrow in their last two games. If they can take those improved performances into this game they should pick up a vital 3 points. 17/10 with Marathon is the best price about a home win

10 hours ago, addpea said:

Unusually just the one bet for me this weekend and it probably won't come as much as a surprise that I wan't to oppose Sutton on their travels again. Regardless of the Arsenal game and all the fall out, I would still want to be backing Torquay. Just to repeat Sutton's away form this season reads 1 win, 3 draws and 11 defeats. They have also scored just 11 goals. Torquay are hardly the most consistent side in the league and have only one win in their last 6, but that was against Gateshead and the have got two very creditable draws against Macclesfield and Barrow in their last two games. If they can take those improved performances into this game they should pick up a vital 3 points. 17/10 with Marathon is the best price about a home win

On the contrary, I know a few Torquay fans who are very pessimistic about things. One win in their last eight league games but that was against Gateshead, as you rightly say, and it was a very impressive 3-1 win at home. That said, these fans are very much preparing for life in National League South so I'm sceptical about them winning. However, all the hoo-ha surrounding the club after Pie-Gate might be a factor. It's a tough call. The odds you suggest do make it tempting but I've never had any trust in Torquay due to my mates and their pessimism.

16 hours ago, addpea said:

Have Lincoln managed to agree to not go to a replay? If Lincoln do win the first leg will have to be moved as its the same weekend they play Arsenal! The Lincoln price looks about right to me given they will be making changes.

No, I assume Boreham Wood haven't agreed. Replay is the last thing we need, I'd rather us just kick it in our own net in injury time if needs must!

8 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

On the contrary, I know a few Torquay fans who are very pessimistic about things. One win in their last eight league games but that was against Gateshead, as you rightly say, and it was a very impressive 3-1 win at home. That said, these fans are very much preparing for life in National League South so I'm sceptical about them winning. However, all the hoo-ha surrounding the club after Pie-Gate might be a factor. It's a tough call. The odds you suggest do make it tempting but I've never had any trust in Torquay due to my mates and their pessimism.

Some times you have to ignore fans. Fans always think the worse when they are in a relegation battle. Getting a point against Macclesfield and Barrow are two really good efforts and like I say if they back that up they will have a great chance of winning tomorrrow.

Going to be a bigger than normal day for me here. I'm taking the now four home dogs: Bath, Margate, Stortford and Truro, all between 3.3 and 4.1. Of the four, the one I hate the most is Stortford, so that's probably the one that will win. Home dogs at these prices are 15-8-20 this season (35%), and 30% going back to 2012.

Also have decided to try one more of these damn overs, and I've sort of learned my lesson when the odds are set at o3.5 (Don't!). However, I'm unlearning the lesson of accumulators (Don't!) and have taken a double of Gainsborough-Curzon Ashton o2.5 and Hampton-Weston o3 that pays about 2.5-to-1 if the latter match gets 4 goals.

2 hours ago, allthethings said:

Going to be a bigger than normal day for me here. I'm taking the now four home dogs: Bath, Margate, Stortford and Truro, all between 3.3 and 4.1. Of the four, the one I hate the most is Stortford, so that's probably the one that will win. Home dogs at these prices are 15-8-20 this season (35%), and 30% going back to 2012.

Also have decided to try one more of these damn overs, and I've sort of learned my lesson when the odds are set at o3.5 (Don't!). However, I'm unlearning the lesson of accumulators (Don't!) and have taken a double of Gainsborough-Curzon Ashton o2.5 and Hampton-Weston o3 that pays about 2.5-to-1 if the latter match gets 4 goals.

Did warn you about Margate. Stats are great, but sometimes you have to look at more than just the stats when having a bet.

On 2/25/2017, 11:01:23, addpea said:

Did warn you about Margate. Stats are great, but sometimes you have to look at more than just the stats when having a bet.

Yup, that was a loss of half a unit after the one win from four, but I had trouble deciding between them. The bigger issue is that I've lost a small fortune betting overs in the Conference N/S...yesterday I had whittled the list down to six, and combo'ed two. Those both lost, and the four I didn't take all went over 3.5.