** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League > Feb 22nd & 23rd

europa-league-odds.jpg.45668482401322a73

Apologies for the delay getting this up. The list of odds wasn't completed by bet365 with a couple of fixtures being left out. Here they are now though. A few fixtures tonight including Manchester United.

What are your thoughts guys?

@WinningAdvice, @louis12, @ElPrincipito007, @betcatalog, @Icongene, @KikoCy, and @Neubs, you all got involved in the first leg chat. Any bets planned here?

Absolutely shocking letting standards slip @StevieDay1983 Posts on time next week please :lol

I personally think St Etienne will beat Manchester Utd in the 2nd leg. I still think the English side will go through the tie but the French were a little bit unlucky in Manchester and if it wasn't for some very poor final balls they could/should have scored 2 or 3 goals. English teams also have a history of switching off away from home in this competition and motivation for the Man U players might be lowered by the fact that some think they're already through the tie. The home side will be determined to put in a performance in front of their own fans as this is arguably their biggest match of the season (perhaps not now at 0-3).

APOEL v Bilbao could be a classic imo. Home side with nothing to lose and an completely unpredictable Athletico when on the road. I predict goals and will look closer at taking the home side to qualify (currently as high as 4.33 They have two away goals after all and they play at a very tough venue for visiting teams. They also rested players at the weekend who will come in fresh for this one whilst Bilbao suffered a bad defeat in La Liga v troubled Valencia and the pressure is on a little bit domestically and maybe their focus turns there.

Lastly, Osmanlispor to qualify at 2.20 seems quite nice to me for a punt.

Edited by Icongene

29 minutes ago, Icongene said:

Absolutely shocking letting standards slip @StevieDay1983 Posts on time next week please :lol

I personally think St Etienne will beat Manchester Utd in the 2nd leg. I still think the English side will go through the tie but the French were a little bit unlucky in Manchester and if it wasn't for some very poor final balls they could/should have scored 2 or 3 goals. English teams also have a history of switching off away from home in this competition and motivation for the Man U players might be lowered by the fact that some think they're already through the tie. The home side will be determined to put in a performance in front of their own fans as this is arguably their biggest match of the season (perhaps not now at 0-3).

APOEL v Bilbao could be a classic imo. Home side with nothing to lose and an completely unpredictable Athletico when on the road. I predict goals and will look closer at taking the home side to qualify (currently as high as 4.33 They have two away goals after all and they play at a very tough venue for visiting teams. They also rested players at the weekend who will come in fresh for this one whilst Bilbao suffered a bad defeat in La Liga v troubled Valencia and the pressure is on a little bit domestically and maybe their focus turns there.

Lastly, Osmanlispor to qualify at 2.20 seems quite nice to me for a punt.

I think United's result will depend on the selection by Mourinho. I think they will do well to take a draw. I can see St Etienne possibly snatching a tight win but Mourinho has got United set up now so that they are very hard to break down. St Etienne will need to be on the top of their game to take a win here.

Celta is forced to look to find scores if he wants to continue in the institution, so you should enter the court and attack, perhaps from the beginning, so Shakhtar could find open spaces, so we can have an open match with many goals
SHAKHTAR DONETSK vs RC CELTA DE VIGO @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.88

Zenit's domestic league has a very good offensive line, scoring 33 times in 17 games. The Zenit is required to enter the court and to give it all for the overthrow and qualifying, I think we'll have an open game with many goals
FC ZENIT ST PETERSBURG vs RSC ANDERLECHT @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.81

I expect a closed match that will determine the details and in a goal, so I suggest the under 2,5
OSMANLISPOR FK vs OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.55

Ajax + Tottenham @1.92.

Ajax don't have the same quality of Madrid or Dortmund, but they are at least in the same level of Sporting and that should be enough against the polish fragile defensive system.

KAA Gent have solid numbers at home, but suffer on the road. Tottenham are the better side and should get the job done. 

Hello guys, I want to present you my selections for today:

FC Copenhagen vs Ludogorets -> Both teams to score   @1,96

Genk vs Astra Giurgiu -> Astra to score over 0.5 goals @1,61 

Tottenham vs Gent -> Over 0.5 goals in the first half & Over 0.5 goals in the second half @1,67  

Lyon vs AZ Alkmaar -> Over 0.5 goals in the first half & Over 0.5 goals in the second half @1,47 

Good Luck! 

Shakhtar Donetsk v Celta de Vigo

Shakhtar Donetsk: Facundo Ferreyra (11/8 f, top scorer), Dentinho (18/4 m)(both doubtful)

Celta de Vigo: John Guidetti (14/3 f, probably in), Theo Bongonda (19/1 f, doubtful), Nemanja Radoja (20/1 m, suspended), Andrew Hjulsager (1/0 m, cup-tied)

AFC Ajax v Legia Warszawa

AFC Ajax: Kenny Tete (2/0 d, suspended), Daley Sinkgraven (19/1 m), Pelle Clement (1/0 f), Vaclav Cerny (4/0 f)

Legia Warszawa: Thibault Moulin (18/0 m, doubtful), Artur Jędrzejczyk (2/0 d), Miroslav Radovic (14/8 m, top scorer, suspended)

Fiorentina v Mönchengladbach

Fiorentina: Bartlomiej Dragowski (0/0 g), Hrvoje Milic (13/0 m)

Mönchengladbach: Raffael De Araujo (13/5 f, 2nd top scorer, doubtful), Mamadou Doucoure (0/0 d), Marvin Schulz (0/0 m), Ibrahima Traore (7/0 m)

Tottenham v KAA Gent

Tottenham: Rose (18/2 d), Lamela (9/1 m)

KAA Gent: Kubo (4/2 f, cup-tied), Bjedov (2/0 f), Rabiu (3/0 m), Tekie (0/0 m)

Lyon v AZ Alkmaar

Lyon: Maciej Rybus (16/0 d), Nicolas N'Koulou (7/0 d), Mathieu Valbuena (18/6 m, 2nd top scorer), Memphis Depay (6/1 f, cup-tied)

AZ Alkmaar: Ron Vlaar (12/0 d), Jonas Svensson (0/0 d)(both doubtful), Gino Coutinho (0/0 g)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Genk-Astra Giurgiu

I backed Genk @1,90 at a local bookie (increased odds), but I think I would even back them at current odds. As I said last week, the Belgian league is class above the Romanian league. 10 minutes before the end they led with 1-2, but Astra managed to make the equalizer. I think a draw was correct. At home, Genk is much stronger. So I expect a win from them.

Zenit-Anderlecht

I was a very happy spectator last week as I didn't expect a win against Zenit without 5-6 starters. I think Zenith will win this one, but Anderlecht are a very good counter attacking side this year. I am going for BTS here if I can get odds above 1,7.

Tottenham-Gent

The result in last week's match didn't surprise me to be honest, but today things are different. This year, Gent have a real problem playing away from home. Odds for a Tottenham win aren't high enough, so I am going for the over 2.5 @1,77 (Marathonbet) as Gent always play football and won't sit back that much, although there defence is very shaky (but with Kalinic a good goalkeeper).

Edited by ElPrincipito007

Odds on Sparta Praga are interesting. Yeah, they lost the first leg 4-0 so this tie is done and dusted but now they're playing at home. They have a decent record in Europe this season winning 4 out of 5 games and in the whole season they have just lost one match. On the other hand Rostov have just won one away match this season and it was in August. Although in Europe their record gets better as they have played 5 games and just lost two (against bayern and atletico with a last minute winner) They've beaten anderlecht away and they drew against ajax and PSV. First leg was a 4-0 win for the russians but sparta had a player sent off in the minute 30 with 1-0 so not much could have been done. I think Rostov can play this match relaxed as only a heavy defeat would knock them out of the europa league. Odds on Sparta are drifting and they are currently around the 2.15 mark which IMO are a bit high given the circumstances.

I will appreciate if someone shares some info about this match. Can't find much stuff on the web...

Spurs -1.5 seems a good option for tonight...

I had a bet on the return leg (on Rostov) and Sparta had a man sent off reasonable early which killed the game but up until then it was an even contest. Sparta have a decent home euro record but for me the tie is over and in their hearts the players will know. They have also played poorly since their winter break ended. I think the match will be tight and either a 1X but I've avoided after initially looking at a (h) win :)

3 hours ago, LePapo said:

Odds on Sparta Praga are interesting. Yeah, they lost the first leg 4-0 so this tie is done and dusted but now they're playing at home. They have a decent record in Europe this season winning 4 out of 5 games and in the whole season they have just lost one match. On the other hand Rostov have just won one away match this season and it was in August. Although in Europe their record gets better as they have played 5 games and just lost two (against bayern and atletico with a last minute winner) They've beaten anderlecht away and they drew against ajax and PSV. First leg was a 4-0 win for the russians but sparta had a player sent off in the minute 30 with 1-0 so not much could have been done. I think Rostov can play this match relaxed as only a heavy defeat would knock them out of the europa league. Odds on Sparta are drifting and they are currently around the 2.15 mark which IMO are a bit high given the circumstances.

I will appreciate if someone shares some info about this match. Can't find much stuff on the web...

Spurs -1.5 seems a good option for tonight...

I'm still not sold on the idea of Tottenham taking this competition seriously. They struggled in the Champions League so I think they will see the Europa League as a chance to measure the fringe players and decide which ones are worth investing their time in next season. I wouldn't be surprised if Gent made it tough for them tonight. A Gent win on the night is a tall order but I can see them either holding Tottenham to a draw or taking it to extra time.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I'm still not sold on the idea of Tottenham taking this competition seriously. They struggled in the Champions League so I think they will see the Europa League as a chance to measure the fringe players and decide which ones are worth investing their time in next season. I wouldn't be surprised if Gent made it tough for them tonight. A Gent win on the night is a tall order but I can see them either holding Tottenham to a draw or taking it to extra time.

I believe the only way it would go to extra time is if Tottenham are leading 1-0. If they are leading 2-1, Gent would go through on away goals.

10 hours ago, ElPrincipito007 said:

Genk-Astra Giurgiu

I backed Genk @1,90 at a local bookie (increased odds), but I think I would even back them at current odds. As I said last week, the Belgian league is class above the Romanian league. 10 minutes before the end they led with 1-2, but Astra managed to make the equalizer. I think a draw was correct. At home, Genk is much stronger. So I expect a win from them.

Zenit-Anderlecht

I was a very happy spectator last week as I didn't expect a win against Zenit without 5-6 starters. I think Zenith will win this one, but Anderlecht are a very good counter attacking side this year. I am going for BTS here if I can get odds above 1,7.

Tottenham-Gent

The result in last week's match didn't surprise me to be honest, but today things are different. This year, Gent have a real problem playing away from home. Odds for a Tottenham win aren't high enough, so I am going for the over 2.5 @1,77 (Marathonbet) as Gent always play football and won't sit back that much, although there defence is very shaky (but with Kalinic a good goalkeeper).

3/3

And a great night for Belgian football.

Made one of my stupidest bets ever tonight In-play and I'm furious with myself. Two and half months of solid hard work and betting progression set back weeks by living in Canada and having the 1st match kick off at 11am before pretending you are holding the bookies to ransom. Silly, silly boy but stupid bets are always the best learning curves provided you note them down and remember how much more you make the house pay if you don't get greedy.

Schoolboy stuff.

:lol See you all tomorrow 

Edited by Icongene