** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Feb 24th - 27th

bundesligaratings.jpg.30f15e428096359e67

Only three of the top seven clubs in the Bundesliga notched up wins last weekend which undoubtedly put a lot of bets to their death. As you may have noticed, we are including Bundesliga II in the odds from now on. The likes of @Neubs and @winnerwinner have been posting some good tips about Germany's second tier so rather than keep them in their own thread we might as well get them involved in this one. Hopefully, it will earn Bundesliga II a new betting fan base!

@Icongene, please tell me you didn't back Mainz. Poor result for them last weekend. You were right about Hamburg dropping points despite being in good form. What are you thinking this weekend?

@sajtion, did you place that accumulator? A few teams not delivering the goods for that one. Got any bets lined up this weekend?

@vasilli07, you nailed it with your Dortmund and Hoffenheim double. When their title rivals faltered you stuck with the two teams that held their nerve. Great shout. What is catching your eye this weekend?

Also interested to hear from regular contributors to this thread such as @DrBetter, @louis12, @betcatalog, @bet man, @hristofor, @discipline, and @thornvineembers.

Werder Bremen has the worst defensive record in the division with four conceded goals, conceding two goals per game average. Total has 16 to 21 over 2,5 and 17 to 21 goals and 7 goals in 10 goals away. Very important match for both, not feet are flat and do not trust because of their poor defense functions will go by scoring both groups
VFL WOLFSBURG vs WERDER BREMEN @@ Both team to score, odds 1.67

Bayer Leverkusen v Mainz
Bayer Leverkusen: Da Costa (2/0 d), Bender (7/0 m)(both doubtful), Wendell (21/1 d, suspended), Tah (16/1 d), Calhanoglu (15/6 f, 2nd top scorer, suspended)
Mainz: Hack (9/0 d, doubtful), Serdar (7/0 m), Berggreen (0/0 f), Onisiwo (13/1 f)

Bayern München v Hamburger SV
Bayern München: Ribery (13/2 m, probably in), Xabi Alonso (19/3 m, doubtful), Boateng (7/0 d)
Hamburger SV: Mathenia (8/0 g), Papadopoulos (5/2 d), Lasogga (13/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

The ratings have Leverkusen comfortably ahead of Mainz, and at 1.73 BetVictor - I have to be involved here.

I'm also going for an upset in Cologne to upset Leipzig. Again, the ratings have Cologne ahead on the last 2 games average, and if Hamburg can win 3-0 at Leipzig, then Cologne can definitely grab a win, massively overpriced. I've gone for Cologne/Draw @ 2.25 Coral :ok 

I seriously wouldn't put anyone off of the 5.50/6.00 on offer for a Cologne win.

8 hours ago, Icongene said:

@StevieDay1983 never backed Mainz thankfully but Hamburg I left to.

Not seeing much standing out this week I'm afraid.

Agreed.. nothing for me this week... I get why Cologne is tempting, i was backing on a post 2 week ago hamburg at leipzig to at least grab a draw, they're rising... could be the same story here.. you're right @Sir Puntalot ... 

But like last time, i'm not willing to take the chance... ;)

(Nice call by the way @betcatalog) You're good ;-), i always read closely your comments...! Thanks

Good luck guys!

Edited by DrBetter

10 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

The ratings have Leverkusen comfortably ahead of Mainz, and at 1.73 BetVictor - I have to be involved here.

I'm also going for an upset in Cologne to upset Leipzig. Again, the ratings have Cologne ahead on the last 2 games average, and if Hamburg can win 3-0 at Leipzig, then Cologne can definitely grab a win, massively overpriced. I've gone for Cologne/Draw @ 2.25 Coral :ok 

I seriously wouldn't put anyone off of the 5.50/6.00 on offer for a Cologne win.

That's a big call but if it comes off then it would be tip of the season. Leipzig are shaking and the fact they have won just as many games as they have lost in their last 8 league games suggests it could well be worth the punt.

I still can't believe that Bayern Munich 8-0 win. At this level of football I think a team losing by that many is inexcusable. I will be very interested to see how Hamburger SV react. They suffered that scoreline coming off the back of three decent results too that had appeared to be steering them away from relegation trouble. That could all change now.

1 hour ago, KikoCy said:

They have conceded 44 in their last 7, averaging over 6 per game vs Bayern.

6-0 5-0 9-2 3-1 8-0 5-0 8-0!

Wow, those are damning statistics! My amateur side took on a semi-professional side this season and we only lost 5-0! Shocking. I honestly thought Hamburg might actually be better prepared this time around after a few solid performances.