Announcements
** July Nap's Competition Result : 1st Rainbow, 2nd Trainmad091, 3rd Zidane123, KO Cup Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners Alastair, Goodwood Comp: Glavintoby**
**July Poker League Result : 1st Craggwood £75, 2nd Like2Fish £45, 3rd Rivrd £30**
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

UK Midweek > Feb 21st & 22nd

Recommended Posts

champratings.jpg.ed1f8f48736422f8eee69a8

league1ratings.jpg.e2a69f5c7b4578c77ea6a

league2ratings.jpg.f08c251171c7ed4e6a646

A range of matches this midweek including Championship, League One, League Two, and a solitary Scottish FA Cup fixture. Big one for your boys there, @allyhibs!

@Tanktop, @stanleybright, @willie82, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @skyblues88, @Tiffy, @Kenton Schweppes, @silverfox, @waynecoyne, @KikoCy, @sajtion, @Neubs@Judeksi, @canaries91, @allthethings@KeyserSoze1, and @nenri981, keen to hear all your thoughts on this after such an active thread over the weekend.

Personally, I think there's potential for all home wins in the Championship except for Fulham away to Bristol City. Will the Cottagers steal the win though? I'm torn. This is the sort of midweek game that can see teams slip up away to relegation battlers. I think a draw is possible there. QPR to beat Wigan is decent value too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

Don't think there is much for me in there. I will wait for the weekend.

only Derby perhaps?

Yeah, I think Huddersfield are a bit low for me given their opposition. A draw could be more likely there thinking about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I have a game for you today, from Romania. Dinamo Bucharest to win against FC Botosani. They've changed their coach and today is their first game with the new boss, Cosmin Contra who managed Getafe in the past. They must win because they don't know how the victory tastes for over 3 league games. Dinamo to win @1,70. Good luck!

For the uk games... I have no opinion for the moment, but I will come back with some selections! 

Edited by stanleybright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Newcastle + Millwall @2.4. 

Newcastle welcome back top scorer Dwight Gayle. They´re motivated to go back to top spot and should win against a out of form Villa (0W-1D-4L - 4:11). Newcastle scored at least twice in 10 of the 15 home games and that will be a problem for a team that scored only 8 goals on the road.

About Millwall game I don't have much to say, should be an easy home win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not bet on Newcastle. Sure they absolutly favorite and Villa out of Form. But now first time since winter transfers they are not the favourite team. Maybe thats a good feeling for Villa - we will see. Think odds on Villa a little bit too high, but i made a not bet for this here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheffield Wed v Brentford FC

Sheffield Wed: Kieran Lee (23/4 m), Will Buckley (8/0 m), Gary Hooper (17/5 f)(all doubtful), Morgan Fox (3/0 d), Tom Lees (27/0 d, captain), Urby Emanuelson (0/0 m), Marco Matias (0/0 f)

Brentford FC: Philipp Hofmann (9/0 f), Lewis Macleod (13/0 m), Alan Judge (0/0 m), Rico Henry (0/0 d)

 

Huddersfield v Reading FC

Huddersfield: Harry Bunn (14/0 f, doubtful), Jonathan Hogg (26/1 m), Kasey Palmer (24/4 m), Sean Scannell (11/0 m)

Reading FC: Paul McShane (25/2 d, captain), Joey van der Berg (22/0 m)(both probably in), Stephen Quinn (7/0 m), Tiago Ilori (2/0 d)(both doubtful), Deniss Rakels (2/0 f), Callum Harriott (12/1 m), Danzell Gravenberch (1/0 d)

 

Peterborough v Southend Utd

Peterborough: Gwion Edwards (32/7 m, top scorer), Michael Bostwick (24/3 m)(both doubtful), Anthony Grant (4/0 m, suspended), Christopher Forrester (31/4 m, suspended), Harry Anderson (0/0 m), Jermaine Anderson (7/0 m)

Southend Utd: David Mooney (13/1 f, doubtful), William Atkinson (25/4 m, suspended), Anton Ferdinand (23/1 d), Stephen McLaughlin (23/6 m), Mark Oxley (20/0 first goalkeeper)

 

Colchester Utd v Wycombe

Colchester Utd: Denny Johnstone (28/2 f, doubtful), Lewis Kinsella (12/0 d), Dean Brill (0/0 g), Jermaine Grandison (0/0 d), Frankie Kent (13/0 d), Tommy O'Sullivan (0/0 m), Lloyd Doyley (3/0 d), Tom Eastman (27/3 d), Doug Loft (3/0 m), Sammie Szmodics (15/3 m), Luke Prosser (14/0 d, captain)

Wycombe: Aaron Pierre (29/2 d), Paul Hayes (19/3 f), Scott Kashket (16/9 f, top scorer), Myles Weston (9/1 m)(all doubtful)

 

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Big one for your boys there, @allyhibs!

I fancy us big time Stevie. We showed in the first game that we can win the physical battle that always needs to be won in derbies, with the bigger and better playing surface at Easter Road we have the players to hurt Hearts if they play an open game. I don't think their manager has what it takes to win these sort of games, Neil Lennon certainly out thought him in the first game. Just like the first game, I can't see us losing this. Not sure if there's any value in the odds but i've backed it anyway. Hibs win at 13/10. You could do worse than backing the goal machine that is Jason Cummings first scorer at 4/1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morcombe price looks high at 5/2. Newport have hit some form though and appear to be battling hard for points. I need to check the game out in more detail. This was the only game that the odds looked like they needed a second look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the Newport boys, they have lost this weekend as I predict but they were great, tonight they play against Morecambe  infront of their supporters and desperately need a win, but Morecambe is a team which is in very good form lately and might be very danger, in my opinion it will be a real fight, I realy want Newport to win but for earning money I will play btts and over 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millwall does look like an easy home win, but they are short, and how will they react to the big game at the weekend?!

Having beaten a PL team in the cup, it could be a case of "after the Lord Mayor's show" for them. Difficult set of fixtures really, not much else is sticking out but I'll have a further look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, allyhibs said:

I fancy us big time Stevie. We showed in the first game that we can win the physical battle that always needs to be won in derbies, with the bigger and better playing surface at Easter Road we have the players to hurt Hearts if they play an open game. I don't think their manager has what it takes to win these sort of games, Neil Lennon certainly out thought him in the first game. Just like the first game, I can't see us losing this. Not sure if there's any value in the odds but i've backed it anyway. Hibs win at 13/10. You could do worse than backing the goal machine that is Jason Cummings first scorer at 4/1.

 

I am a big fan of Cummings. He's a player I wanted us to go for last summer but Tan refused to even consider spending any decent money. I think he'd be awesome in the Championship and has the potential to play at an even higher level. 4/1 for him as first scorer is not bad at all. What odds for any time scorer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What du you guys think about Betfairs special for today?:
All championship games over 2,5 - 23.0
I know that its a bit far fetched with four games but it still feels like its worth it for 23x the money.
All of these teams have played som high scoring games lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DW_United said:

What du you guys think about Betfairs special for today?:
All championship games over 2,5 - 23.0
I know that its a bit far fetched with four games but it still feels like its worth it for 23x the money.
All of these teams have played som high scoring games lately

There have been a lot of goals in the Championship lately but I think it's going to make teams tighten up for a bit. Realistically, I can't see it happening but at 23.00 it would probably be worth £1 for a laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I am a big fan of Cummings. He's a player I wanted us to go for last summer but Tan refused to even consider spending any decent money. I think he'd be awesome in the Championship and has the potential to play at an even higher level. 4/1 for him as first scorer is not bad at all. What odds for any time scorer?

You can get 13/10 anytime scorer. He's a natural goalscorer who has that knack of being in the right place at the right time and has a wicked left foot. He's a raw talent though, needs to work on his right foot, can sometimes be greedy and lazy but he has something about him alright. If he keeps improving the way he has been he could go far in the game. He's also a total lunatic that hates Hearts, which makes him a top lad in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, allyhibs said:

You can get 13/10 anytime scorer. He's a natural goalscorer who has that knack of being in the right place at the right time and has a wicked left foot. He's a raw talent though, needs to work on his right foot, can sometimes be greedy and lazy but he has something about him alright. If he keeps improving the way he has been he could go far in the game. He's also a total lunatic that hates Hearts, which makes him a top lad in my book.

Hahaha, he sounds more Glaswegian than an Edinburgh native. How did everyone do last night? The big one for you tonight, @allyhibs. I'm backing you lads to get a narrow win. Tempted to pick a winner after pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fulham 2.50 - Bristol city have only won once in there last 12 games and that was at home against Rotherham, there top scorer with 18 goals Tammy Abraham is injured so obviously a big blow for them. Fulham are a good team and should really be higher in the league, 5W 2D 3L in their last 10 games, think there is value on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this