** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Week > Feb 17th - 22nd

laligaratings.jpg.877d2e0271f168daad26f3

A packed week of action in La Liga with a game on Wednesday next week between Valencia and Real Madrid extending the fixtures for a couple of days. So rather than create a single game thread for that midweek fixture I've thrown it into this batch.

It was a consistent week for La Liga last weekend. The teams that now occupy the top eight league positions all went unbeaten. Eibar made it three wins on the bounce to reach an incredible 7th position. Everyone else in La Liga is struggling to find form with only Sporting Gijon winning last weekend and only Real Betis outside the top 7 not suffering a defeat in their last two league games. No wonder punters are wary of La Liga!

@Icongene, you tipped Eibar to get the win. It was a low price but still a positive one. What is catching your eye this weekend?

@WinningAdvice, Celta Vigo saw you earn something last week. Will you be backing any bets this week?

@betcatalog, your rough weekend continued here with Sevilla keeping that clean sheet. What bet will you be looking at placing this round?

@Bett, good job you didn't put the bet on that Real Betis game. Will you remember the day of the game this time around? :lol

@Pep004, always good to hear your thoughts on La Liga! Any opinions on these games?

@KikoCy, you also suffered on the BTTS front! What is your thinking this week?

@sajtion, Valencia stopped the rot. Reckon they will get a first win in three games this week? They have two opportunities but both tough games despite both being at home.

i think celta vigo is not going to be prepared for this osasuna side. the visitors are very adventurous and could cause them lots of problems they are not shy on goals either scoring 11 in last six games. i'm big stakes on osasuna to win this one. i will stake £250 and hopefully get a nice return of £1500. god have mercy

Granada has the second worst offensive line and the second worst defense in the division with 48 conceded goals. At headquarters has 7 to 10 under 2,5. Betis total has 14 to 21 under 2,5 and 5 to 9 under 2,5 away from home. Score quite difficult and has the third worst offensive line with 21 goals assets. The two groups have the worst attacks in class, do very often small score, do not expect an open match, I will go with the few goals
GRANADA CF vs REAL BETIS BALOMPIE @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.79 

Granada CF v Real Betis

Granada CF: Gastón Silva (11/0 d), Saunier (9/0 d), Foulquier (10/0 d), Krhin (6/0 m)(all doubtful), Lombán (15/2 d, suspended)

Real Betis: Pezzella (21/1 d, suspended), Ceballos (15/0 m, suspended), José Carlos (5/0 d), Navarro (5/0 d), Gutiérrez (12/1 m), Joaquín (16/3 m, 2nd top scorer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I think real madrid will win the game, and barcelona of course, since barcelona lose to psg in champions league they will try to come up again, but it will not a easy game for them although their opponent is leganes, and real madrid of course will win the match through a hard match too

Here's some interesting statistical facts about next La Liga games:

Real Madrid have won 82% of their home league matches this season.

Espanyol have scored 5 goals in their last 7 away matches.

Deportivo La Coruna have drawn 33% of their league matches this season.

40% of Sevilla's home matches in La Liga this season have ended in 2-1 home wins.

You can find more interesting statistical facts for next games on http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-17-02-2017

9 hours ago, musang said:

I think real madrid will win the game, and barcelona of course, since barcelona lose to psg in champions league they will try to come up again, but it will not a easy game for them although their opponent is leganes, and real madrid of course will win the match through a hard match too

Welcome to the forums, musang! I agree, Barcelona need to bounce back and Leganes provide the perfect opposition to do that. I also agree with you @sajtion, Osasuna are a side to watch at the moment. I can see them being very tricky opposition for Celta Vigo. Will they win? I'm not sure I can call it. I think Celta might sneak it at home but the draw isn't unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Welcome to the forums, musang! I agree, Barcelona need to bounce back and Leganes provide the perfect opposition to do that. I also agree with you @sajtion, Osasuna are a side to watch at the moment. I can see them being very tricky opposition for Celta Vigo. Will they win? I'm not sure I can call it. I think Celta might sneak it at home but the draw isn't unrealistic.

screw it man if they can score they can win. they have a lot of ability going forward and i can't refuse those odds. they scored 1 against real madrid, 2 against real sociedad, 3 against sevilla, 3 against valencia. celta viga are going through bad patch at the moment but at least i know osasuna will try to score and likely to find a goal. these kinds of matches only come few times in a season so i'm willing to take a chance

Plus is also disappointment after defeat in Europa league against Shakhtar. Tiredness and not as good atmosphere as it would be after positive result. Besides.. this team really miss Orellana.

I have 3 matches written down in my notebook for now. Valencia - Bilbao over 2,5 (odds above even), Sevilla ah-1 / over 2,5, Gijon - Atletico, Atleti -1 (odds close to even). Will analyse them when I'll have all the informations about the teams (probably tomorrow morning), and we'll see.

Good luck to everyone tho. :) 

Edited by Pep004

Hi guys, I am little bit late with that, but I totally missed the fact that Ceballos is suspended. He is by far the most important, creative midfielder of Betis, and without him their gameplay will be slower and more defensive minded. On the other hand Granada needs points, and they can do it only with low score. So I am with you on under 2,25 but with smaller stake.

15 hours ago, Pep004 said:

Hi guys, I am little bit late with that, but I totally missed the fact that Ceballos is suspended. He is by far the most important, creative midfielder of Betis, and without him their gameplay will be slower and more defensive minded. On the other hand Granada needs points, and they can do it only with low score. So I am with you on under 2,25 but with smaller stake.

Great point about Ceballos, Pep. That was an awful result for them last night. In one fell swoop, a number of weekend bets for this weekend have been destroyed.

I'm tempted to go gung ho this weekend now. A BTTS quadruple with...

Sevilla vs Eibar

Celta Vigo vs Osasuna

Valencia vs Atletico Bilbao

Malaga vs Las Palmas

This delivers odds of 9.18. Very tempted!

I cannot avoid the feeling that Andalusian teams are helping Granada to stay in the league... I don't know why, or what do they have out of that, but they are. Some results are just disaster. Even strong Sevilla lost against them on Los Carmenes... don't tell me that all those loaned players are super motivated that they are playing the derby, because they are not home grown players and they don't give a sh** if they are playing against Sevilla or Leganes.

Valencia - Athletic Club Bilbao

Full Event Over 2.5 (O/U) @ 2.040 6/10 PINNACLE

Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 19 Feb 2017, 16:15

Match between 15th and 8th placed team in La Liga will be played on Mestalla in Valencia and will start at 16:15 on Sunday. Valencia is coming to match after goalless draw in Sevilla against Betis, where Sanchez closed down his team with 5 defenders. It will be slighlty different today, as Bilbao will want to get something more than 1 point out of this match. Mina and Rodrigo are still out, but Valencia has enough of offensive players. With recent signings Zaza and Orellana, they just strenghthen their attack and with Parejo, Munir, Nani,.. they have quality players which should perform better. Their position is far from what we are used to see from team as Valencia. Bilbao didn't score in last 3 away matches, and it's time that this change. Opponent will be perfect for that, as last team who didn't score on Mestalla was Eibar on 20 of April last year! Ironic is that this Eibar scored 4 goals on Mestalla two weeks ago. Bilbao played tough match against APOEL and even if 2nd match is coming on next Thursday, I think that Valverde won't mix the team too much. Their position on table is also not the position they wants, but they are not far from 6th position as 6th placed Villarreal is just one point above them. Balenziaga is injured which means that Lekua could get his position on left flank, but otherwise Bilbao is without any major injuries. Odds for over surprised me here, as both teams are more attacking minded and even if Bilbao's recent away form is poor, with player as Raul Garcia is, who likes to come to the box from second plan I am sure that they will score against Valencia whos defence is one of the poorest in their history. Bilbao didn't lose against Valencia in 9 of 10 matches which is just proving that their style is not suiting Valencia. Aduriz, Inaki, Raul, this team is even able to trash Valencia if they will have a bad day (as Eibar did), but on the other hand, Valencia can also win this match with 3-0, and that's why I am going in it with over 2,5 instead of both teams to score. I trully expect goals here, odds are favourising under and I disagree with that.

Real Sociedad - Villarreal

Full Event Yes (Both to score) @ 1.940 5/10 188bet

Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 19 Feb 2017, 12:00

Match between 5th and 6th placed team in La Liga will be played on Anoeta in San Sebastian and will start at 12:00 on Sunday. Real Sociedad who lost Willian Jose till April, will try to keep their distance in front of team placed right behind them. Attack and offensive minded midfield is the strongest part of the team and with Eusebio they are always fine prepared and they know exactly where are the weakest points of the opponent. Villarreal is coming to match after disappointing 0-4 lost against Rome in Europa League and as this competition is finished for them they need to fully focus on La Liga now. Eibar and Bilbao are right behind them with just one point less and they can not afford to lose too many points. They will miss Bruno Soriano, but they have enough quality wingers. Basque problem is to keep clean sheet recently. They conceded 2 goals from Osasuna, who's attack is way weaker than Villarreal's who will probably start with Sansone and Bakambu upfront. Even if it is midday match, I think that we'll see some goals here. Odds are growing, almost even for bts right now, and regarding that both teams likes to play offensive.

Well, my BTTS four fold was abysmal. I watched the highlights and it was one of those weeks where it might have come off on another day. I was naive to back more than one set of underdogs playing away to score. Still, there's still the game tonight and Valencia versus Real Madrid on Wednesday. Whisper it but Valencia bloody won a game at last on the weekend. Will a miraculous back-to-back win happen in midweek? I doubt it. Especially now Gareth Bale is back! I'm backing Bale to score any time!