** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Feb 17th - 19th

ligue1-ratings.jpg.84f1d950d7ef08f0c2e71

@Pep004, what a game that was last weekend! A 3-2 win! I bet that was an incredible atmosphere. Does it make you believe in the lads this weekend away to Metz? @FCNA, you must also be buzzing after that win. Will you be backing your boys this weekend?

@Icongene, you identified St Etienne as getting stronger. They are up to 5th place now with just 2 defeats in their last 9 league games. Do you fancy them to beat Montpellier away? It's a tough one. Decent odds if you're tempted.

@hairline, so many over 2.5 goals outcomes last weekend. Did you make any profit from those? Are you tempted to back more this weekend?

@DrBetter, you have an unwavering faith in PSG right now. Do you think they will make light work of Toulouse?

@betcatalog, you were slightly off on the number of goals for the PSG game. I'm not sure many people other than DrBetter predicted such a dominant PSG performance. Are any matches sticking out for you right now?

@sajtion, you seemed a bit indecisive last weekend. What bets did you back? Which ones are you picking this weekend?

One thing to consider is the return of European football this week. PSG and Monaco in action in the Champions League. After dominating Metz 5-0 on the weekend and expecting to play a strong side against Manchester City, will Monaco be out of shape for their game away to Bastia on the weekend? Lyon and St Etienne also still remain in the Europa League. Those games could throw a curve ball into proceedings.

Monaco is playing on next week, and that's why they will have match on Friday. I don't understand why for example Barcelona didn't have match on Friday instead of Espanyol and Real Sociedad.

p.s. It was one of the best matches I have ever seen. :) When Burkina Faso attacker will join the team there will be also another fight for attacker spot. We can already see wingers playing better, as there is pretty big competition for 2 spots right now. Besides we can see what is Rongier capable of. He is one of the best players of the team on many matches after arrival of Conceicao, while Girard didn't trust him.:lol

On 13 février 2017 17:24:14, StevieDay1983 said:

@DrBetter, you have an unwavering faith in PSG right now. Do you think they will make light work of Toulouse?

Now tonight you know why... ;-) Unwavering faith... you said it... How could it be otherwise? The best team in Europe for me... They were just playing at 50% all this time... 

Fun fact: Each time Zlatan left a team, the team win the champions league the next year...

Edited by DrBetter

I would wait with weather a little.. pitch will be like sh.. Weather conditions could be also, and then there is everything except football. But even for this kind of "football", Monaco is just too good.

Besides.. Do anyone have some informations about Marveaux and Moukandjo?

monaco - can't stop scoring and should win it easily

marseille - with payet added to squad he's already making difference and should be too strong

lille - after caen abysmal match against bordeaux i am opposing them here

lyon - they play a lot better at home and should take their chance here

psg - they will be high from beating barcelona and can score a couple goals in this one

i'm happy to stake £100 on this which could get me £1500

Edited by sajtion

Gomis is out at Marseille, which could be a problem as they are without true striker. Sarr looks more like winger to me.

There are rumours that reason of Balotelli not in the squad is not because of injury/illness, but it's simply Balotelli. Besides Eysseric said few words after the match on last time: http://lebuzz.eurosport.fr/news/balotelli-na-rien-a-faire-avec-nous-eysseric-en-remet-une-couche-sur-balotelli-35850/?_ga=1.131988687.1112054349.1486931959

I fancy odds on Lyon to be in fron in HT. And I agree about Monaco

e: I am going with 6units on Monaco AH -1 @1,925. Bastia will need a miracle here, if they want to take something away from incredible Monaco.

Edited by Pep004

SC Bastia v AS Monaco

SC Bastia: Cahuzac (20/0 m), Saint-Ruf (1/0 d) (both suspended), Squillaci (10/0 d), Crivelli (17/7 f, top scorer), Saint-Maximin (22/3 m, 2nd top scorer, on loan from Monaco)

AS Monaco: Carrillo (16/7 f), Raggi (9/0 d, suspended), Boschilia (11/6 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Here's some interesting statistical facts about next Ligue 1 games:

Monaco have won 58% of their away matches this season.

Angers have won 33% of their home matches this season.

Lille have won 17% of their away matches this season.

You can find more interesting statistical facts for next games on http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-17-02-2017

Everyone who watched the match can not be unsatisfied with the call on Monaco. They were million times better and Bastia can thanks to whoever they believe to, that they took point out of this game. Matches like this doesn't irritate me. I am more worried when I am totally wrong. In 10 matches like this, Monaco will win 9 of them, probably more than 5 of them with more than goal difference, but unfortunately this "unsuccessful" match happened tonight. It's true that Monaco needed maybe 20-30min to adapt to this disastrous pitch, but anyway they were much better side. Besides Bastia scored from "nothing", they were poor in attack, they were poor in midfield, even in defence from time to time, but when they were, then they were lucky. All in all, I really keep my fingers crossed that they will be relegated.

13 hours ago, Icongene said:

I avoided Monaco as they dropped overnight to as low as 1.40 which had no value whatsoever to me.

Unlucky those who took them. 

I did suspect that playing in the Champions League and then playing on the Friday away could cause problems. A poor result but it could have been even worse. Will PSG struggle to get motivated for their game after the high of that 4-0 win against Barcelona in midweek? It's a bloody minefield this week!

Hi guys

OM vs Rennes Under and draw

I think like I said last week that I've found my new champion of draw in Rennes. They're on a serie of 5 !

On the other hand Gomis is injured for weeks (thanks to Nantes:ok) and no one is really able to replace him. Payet is not fit and not a forward obviously. On Rennes'side, Gourcuff is still injured. He's the main weapon for me after the leaves of Grosicky and N'Tep. So, no threat on each sides and trend of draw.

PSG vs TFC Home Win and Over

Smatch great Barça and don't win at home ? No way. And don't forget that PSG has a revenge to take form first round. and after the surprising result of Monaco yesterday, they can come back one point behind. Home win and demonstration.

MHSC vs ASSE Home Win

ASSE realy deserved a result on thursday night. Referee was just blind ! Zlatan, Zlatan... that was the same in Ligue 1. Les Verts put their best team anyway and they might be tired. MHSC is on their pitch which is a great advantage here, and since the arrival of Le Gasset, result are improving.

Lorient vs Nice BTS

Full attack for Lorient, Ballotelly here, not really an argument but to be taken into consideration. As the last results show, Lorient is able to score but in the same time, not able to defend enough and keep a score. BTS seem a good bet here.

Metz vs Nantes BTS

Bottom Ligue match ! Good team at home against a boosted team after the win against OM. Smae for me BTS.

Edited by FCNA

Had quite a minus last weekend because of those 9 overs (unbelievable actually) but today is another day, maybe more profitable one.

2 unders2,5 so far, so we have 8 games left to play, and maybe 4 overs2,5 can be expected I supose( which is a moderate evaluation).

Metz

As you can see from the stats, they are doing well at home lately. Scored in 5 consecutive home matches, 3 home wins in a row. They are able to score today no doubt (1 or 2 goals probably). Usually teams tighten up their defences after heavy losses, but it's not a shame to lose 5-0 against Monaco, so hopefully Metz will be in good mental condition and will not focus too much on the defence and try to push their usual game.

Nantes improvement is very visible, no absences today according to www.injuriesandsuspensions.com. Good mentality after win against Marseille is also a small plus. Also they had 5 consecutive under2,5 away games which is telling us something. They are also capable of scoring 1-2 goals, and all this is guiding me to take Over2,[email protected] which is a great value I suppose. Medium stake.

Edited by hairline

Lyon - Dijon
First Half Home (1X2) @ 1.91 4/10 SBOBET
Football / Fra. Ligue 1 / Kick off: 19 Feb 2017, 17:00

Match between 4th and 16th placed team in Ligue 1 will be played on Parc Olympique Lyonnais in suburb of Lyon and will start at 17:00. Lyon is coming to match after relaxing win in Europa league and they are facing easier game at home on Thursday as they have big advantage. On the other hand they should not forget on Ligue 1 as Marseille and St. Etienne are climbing closer and right now, there is just 1 point difference between Lyon and both big rivals. It's true that Lyon has 2 matches less than OM and 1 less than St. Etienne, but they need to get points from those two matches that they will mean something. Valbuena and first goalkeeper Lopes are out, but that doesn't change the fact, that they are big favourites in this match and they should get all three points if they wants to continue with season calmly. They lost in Guingamp, some ugly things happened with coach, but looks that it's better now. Dijon's success relies on three players in my opinion - midfielder Abeid and attackers Tavares and Diony. Abeid is injured and won't be in squad, while also Diony received a little knock and it's not sure if he will be able to play for 90 minutes. After Abeid, they will miss also other two important midfielders Sammaritano and Lees-Melou, which means that Dijon will look totally different today. They won last match against Caen in crazy snowy conditions, their goalkeeper was in fantastic form, but I think that they won't be able to hold Lyon. OL is playing good when they are playing good from start of the game. If they complicates things in first half, they are hardly winning the matches. That's why I am taking nice odds on them, to get things done already in first half. They lost first match in Dijon (4-2) and it's time for revenge. They will take match seriously and I expect them to win.

On 20 février 2017 02:09:31, Icongene said:

What happened to 'the best team in Europe' today? :lol

Eh eh eh.. Same thing to Monaco... but as said earlier, PSG would win this match 9 times over 10, so no worry... It's Dupraz... The Toulouse coach... I suspect him to be a wizard, his teams always perform well against PSG.. it's insane...!

Still i maintain, Madrid poorly loosing against valencia the other day, for me still, PSG = best club in europe (in the moment with Bayern) and in my heart of course, unwavering faith! 

Edited by DrBetter