** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Midweek > Feb 14th & 15th

champratings.jpg.a2e5fc9446d47d6582e2310

league1ratings.jpg.a63c7a15fa9ee7ccce210

league2ratings.jpg.07914bf3d8cd8cf403e1a

splratings.jpg.9cd752ffc8d09cab4dc853875

@sajtion, @Tiffy, @allyhibs, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Neubs, @DW_United, @Kenton Schweppes, @MuineBheag, @Tanktop, @KikoCy, @dogmeister, @chris666, @gogetta, and @skyblues88, a quick turnaround of fixtures this week with a full Football League schedule and a cheeky SPL game in there.

What are the bets sticking out for you guys this week?

i think best picks in my opinion for this round are.... 

fulham, brighton, huddersfield, millwall, sheff utd, scunthorpe, northampton, doncaster, mansfield, newport, plymouth

i see them all as having more than 50% percent chance of winning based on their league position and form so....

i will bet £12 and hope to win £10.000

@sajtion I had this exact problem - looking at the end result and sticking the tenner on.

Don't get me wrong, it can happen, but rarely - I think it's more than lumping on the sure things - you need to be able to read when the lines are wrong and bet accordingly.

Sometimes that means you'll only have a treble or a double. 

That's okay though - stake higher.  One day you'll have a bunch of games and you'll know the eight fold that is reasonably certain to come in and then you go for it.

Brighton Luton Ayr and Hamilton looknow decent odds to me. Brighton are in very good form against a poor Ipswich side. Luton are in form and Hartlepool are woeful away from home. Ayr should have beaten clyde on Saturday.  They were all over clyde in the first half and I believe you only get 1 opportunity. I think ayr are great odds at evs. Hamilton are now at home against dunfermline and again 6/5 for a team from a higher division is good odds particularly with home advantage.

1 hour ago, willie82 said:

Brighton Luton Ayr and Hamilton looknow decent odds to me. Brighton are in very good form against a poor Ipswich side. Luton are in form and Hartlepool are woeful away from home. Ayr should have beaten clyde on Saturday.  They were all over clyde in the first half and I believe you only get 1 opportunity. I think ayr are great odds at evs. Hamilton are now at home against dunfermline and again 6/5 for a team from a higher division is good odds particularly with home advantage.

Great to see you making a return to posting in here, willie82. Always love to see a punt on the Scottish games!

Wolverhampton v Wigan Athletic

Wolverhampton: Mike Williamson (0/0 d, probably in), Joe Mason (17/3 f, doubtful), Jack Price (15/0 m, probably out), Ivan Cavaleiro (22/4 f), Michal Żyro (0/0 m), Jordan Graham (0/0 m), Sílvio (2/0 d)

Wigan Athletic: Jakob Haugaard (5/0 g), Craig Morgan (13/0 d), Reece James (0/0 d), Alex Gilbey (8/1 m)(all doubtful), Nick Powell (15/1 m), Reece Burke (6/1 d), Donervon Daniels (1/0 d)

Reading FC v Brentford FC

Reading FC: Jordon Mutch (1/1 m, probably in), Paul McShane (25/2 d, captain), Joey van der Berg (22/0 m), Tiago Ilori (2/0 d), Deniss Rakels (2/0 f), Callum Harriott (12/1 m), Stephen Quinn (7/0 m), Danzell Gravenberch (1/0 d)

Brentford FC: Lewis Macleod (13/0 m), Alan Judge (0/0 m), Rico Henry (0/0 d)

Gillingham v Chesterfield

Gillingham: Bondz N'Gala (0/0 d, ineligible), Aaron Morris (0/0 d)

Chesterfield: Ryan Fulton (26/0 first goalkeeper, illness, doubtful), Tommy Lee (0/0 g), Paul McGinn (10/0 d), Liam Graham (4/0 d)

Fleetwood Town v Bradford City

Fleetwood Town: Conor McLaughlin (28/4 d), Wes Burns (5/0 f), Nathan Pond (26/0 m, captain), Jimmy Ryan (16/0 m), Martyn Woolford (8/1 m)(all doubtful)

Bradford City: Josh Cullen (27/1 m, probably out), Alex Jones (4/0 f), Matt Kilgallon (6/0 d)

Stevenage FC v Cheltenham

Stevenage FC: Kgosi Ntlhe (18/0 d, doubtful), Dean Wells (11/1 d), Tom Conlon (4/0 f)

Cheltenham: Harry Pell (26/3 m, doubtful)

Yeovil Town v Cambridge Utd

Yeovil Town: Ryan Dickson (19/0 m, probably in), Alex Lacey (25/1 d, doubtful), Otis Khan (23/5 m, top scorer)

Cambridge Utd: Greg Taylor (22/2 d), Leon Davies (2/0 d), Brad Halliday (18/0 m), Medy Elito (10/1 m), Josh Coulson (7/0 d), Adam McGurk (10/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

On 12/02/2017, 19:35:28, StevieDay1983 said:

champratings.jpg.a2e5fc9446d47d6582e2310

league1ratings.jpg.a63c7a15fa9ee7ccce210

league2ratings.jpg.07914bf3d8cd8cf403e1a

splratings.jpg.9cd752ffc8d09cab4dc853875

@sajtion, @Tiffy, @allyhibs, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Neubs, @DW_United, @Kenton Schweppes, @MuineBheag, @Tanktop, @KikoCy, @dogmeister, @chris666, @gogetta, and @skyblues88, a quick turnaround of fixtures this week with a full Football League schedule and a cheeky SPL game in there.

What are the bets sticking out for you guys this week?

I've been ill since Friday. Had all my selections done & was going to post on Sat, but my guts emptied faster than my B365 account does on a match day!  I am now just catching up with what's gone on over the weekend! Will be reading, but probably not posting till later in the week,

Hope you're feeling better, @Tiffy! Regarding Cardiff's game, our performance against Leeds was a superb example of counter attacking football. If Derby have done their home work then they will know exactly how we will be approaching this game. I just think Warnock could outwit McClaren though. Warnock is by far the better manager and I'd actually be disappointed if we don't take a point tonight. Fingers crossed we can even push for the win. It all depends if we take our chances or not.

Mansfield v Accrington

Im still on the Mansfield juggernaut, and i dont think Accrington have anything to stop them. The Mansfield 18 who were involved in Saturday's win over Hartlepool will all be in contention for the Accrington match, as well as winger Ashley Hemmings and striker Pat Hoban, who were both left out of the matchday squad against Pools. Mansfield have kept six clean sheets during the eight-match unbeaten streak, and have currently gone 270 minutes without conceding.For Accrington, defender Matty Pearson and midfielder Scott Brown completed their respective suspensions in the 2-0 defeat to Portsmouth on Saturday and also confirmed the signing of Portuguese winger Erico Sousa on a deal until the end of the season. Since 1st October Accringtons away form reads - W1 D1 L7, scoring only twice (1-0 win at crewe, and 2-1 loss t cambridge) conceded 13. And Saturdays trip to Portsmouth was a long one, and must have taken it out of them!

Read more at http://www.mansfieldtown.net/fixtures-results/match-preview/index.aspx#PY2pY20GKW31qp6H.99

Mansfield -1 @  3.75

Plymouth v Leyton Orient

Orient picked up their first point of the year with a 1-1 draw at Yeovil (a last minute equaliser), but like Accrington have another away trip to second placed Plymouth who beat rivals in-form Exeter at home. Plymouth boss Derek Adams doesn't tend to change a winning team too often and he will be well aware of the potential banana skin that this tie could be.New recruits Ryan Taylor, Antoni Sarcevic and Matty Kennedy seem to have found their feet quickly and have settled into an attacking four alongside Graham Carey, the three new players have all scored for the Pilgrims, as has defender Jakub Sokolik who arrived on a free transfer last month. Plymouth have the third best home record in the division W9 D3 L3
Read more at http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/plymouth-argyle-v-leyton-orient-everything-you-need-to-know/story-30135073-detail/story.html#L9F9bpqskqOiZdyw.99

Plymouth to win to nil @  2.50 

Plymouth & Mansfield double  @ 3.42

Mansfield -1 & Plymouth to win to nil double @  9.38

@StevieDay1983

I don't hold out much hope away at Wimbledon tonight. We've got a manager in Russel Slade who is absolutely clueless (dropped 3 out of the back 4 that defended so well last Tuesday ... as a result shipped 3 goals on Saturday that were all defensive errors). Can't sack him as can't afford to pay him off so stuck with him for the rest of the season. 

My picks are Sheffield Weds, Brighton, Derby, Wimbledon

Everyone harped on about Dunfermline playing well in recent weeks and people were willing them on to knock out SPL opposition in Hamilton Accies in this round of the Scottish Cup. Lets not get our judgement clouded by the romance of cup tie and look at the facts. Hamilton dominated the ball the second half of the game as their quality started to show and should of taken the game with ease based on their second half performance. 

Dunfermline are a decent run outfit but they are not better than Hamilton, clear quality difference, they had their chance and now i fully expect Hamilton who have a good record midweek under their floodlights, to progress.

23/20 is extreme value in my eyes and should be backed. i honestly think the books have looked too much into Dunfermline's recent league form. Hamilton apart from one pumping away to St Johnstone, have been playing ok and should take this tie.

Edited by dogmeister

I've taken Mansfield at 2.05, Barnsley DnB v Villa. I see no reason why they can't get a result here. Villa can't buy a win and Villa park is tough place to play when things aren't going well.

Edit: Well Mansfield's defence played like a pile of shit tonight and was made to pay. The Barnsley result was never in doubt. Can't believe how overpriced Villa have been recently. The 'Bruce Factor' has gone and now we are seeing Villa for what they are, and have been for years; a shambles. It'll take Bruce the summer and January 18 transfer windows to clear out all the dead wood and get his stamp on the team. He might just be sacked before then if results don't improve.

Edited by Icongene

17 hours ago, skyblues88 said:

@StevieDay1983

I don't hold out much hope away at Wimbledon tonight. We've got a manager in Russel Slade who is absolutely clueless (dropped 3 out of the back 4 that defended so well last Tuesday ... as a result shipped 3 goals on Saturday that were all defensive errors). Can't sack him as can't afford to pay him off so stuck with him for the rest of the season. 

My picks are Sheffield Weds, Brighton, Derby, Wimbledon

All I will say is that I know oh too well how awful Slade is. Some people actually think he did a decent job with us. His tactical and selection decisions were inexplicable and he cost us so many points. When the going got tough he just went 4-4-2 and played hoof ball. He's one of the worst managers we've had. It's no surprise his greatest managerial achievement in three decades of management is a final appearance in the Anglo-Italian Cup. The archetypal football dinosaur. Up there with Dave Bassett and David Pleat... just less tactically aware.