Announcements
*** Cheltenham Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Skittle, 2nd. glavintobuy & 3rd. Cragwood ***
** March Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd andybell666, 3rd ian309 **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MABS, 2nd PercyP, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Catijohn, 5th runadrum **
** March Naps Competition Result: 1st GARY66, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th MICK33. KO Cup Winner SILVER FOX, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Midweek Non League 14th-15th February

Guiseley v Sutton
I think it is fairly obvious who I am tipping up here. Again I just don’t understand the prices and how bookies can make Sutton favourites. The reasons for taking them on are obviously the same on Saturday and the fact they lost 3-0 adds to the reasons. Going all the way up to Leeds on a Tuesday evening is probably the last thing they want at the moment and I am sure they just want Monday night to come. Guiseley might be in the relegation zone, but their home has been superb in recent months. Ever since they got their first win of the season when beating York 6-1 they have not been beaten at home in the league, that’s a run of 9 games which features just 3 draws. They only just kept that run going on Saturday as they equalised with the last kick of the game against Eastleigh. They played well again though and they are clearly relying on their home form to keep them up. If you can get on with Skybet then they are biggest at 7/4, but even at lesser odds they still rate fantastic value and I make them a max bet.

Ilkeston v Coalville
The fact Ilkeston didn’t play on Saturday and Coalville did (a 0-0 draw with Stafford) is a slight concern, but otherwise they look a solid bet at 5/6. I don’t really need to repeat myself about Ilkeston. Coalville might only be 17th in the league, but their away form has been good on the whole. Granted they have lost their last two, but Spennymoor and Stourbridge are two of the best sides in the division. Prior to that they had won 4 on the bounce on their travels and they should be more than capable of getting back to winning ways here. The 5/6 about an away seems a fair.

nationalleagueodds.jpg.9504015eef2c203b7

nationalleaguenorthodds.jpg.01d0ede1f190

nationalleaguesouthodds.jpg.b5142091c2b2

northernpremierleagueodds.jpg.49bad8bb79

rymanpremierodds.jpg.cac82fabe479d208d85

southernpremierleagueodds.jpg.6c30f4e311

Cheers for posting that, @addpea! Great picks to kick us off! A smattering of fixtures this midweek.

Keen to hear from previous contributors to this effervescent non-league section such as @amtopm, @sammydubs, @Tanktop, @allthethings, @the bastardian, @GazBlades, @bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @sammummery, @MuineBheag, @Bronxie and @misky.

Not much to fancy apart from the Guiseley v Sutton match, the only one i can see is...

Buxton v Hednesford

Hednesford made the long trip to get tonked 5-1 at Blyth on saturday, and another away match (a lot nearer though) is just what they dont need. Hednesford since mid november are - W3 D1 L7, and of those away only W1 L6 (conceding 20 scoring 9), during that period from mid november they have only failed to score once! Buxton have had extra time to prepare after their match at Frickley was called off, their last match was a 2-1 victory over Stafford. Buxton lie in 7th place in the league and could go second with a win, but have had a 'blip' of late, their last 4 matches W1 (stafford) D1 L2, overall though their record, especially at home, is good W9 D4 L1 for the season, the loss being in their last 4.

I think the extra rest compared to Hednesfords Blyth journey, looking like theyve got over their blip with a win over stafford, motivation to go second as well as Hednesfords poor away record make it a Buxton win. Although Hednesfords scoring record is worth paying attention to.

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2017/02/match-preview-buxton-a-3 

Buxton @ 1.83

Buxton & BTTS @ 3.20