** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Feb 11th

nationaleagueodds.jpg.5e3b54e03d305f477d

nationalleaguenorthodds.jpg.08ca917c307e

nationalleaguesouthodds.jpg.cca76d655cf3

northernpremierleagueodds.jpg.e5445492fc

rymanpremierleagueodds.jpg.ac048cec25ffe

southernpremierleagueodds.jpg.762cd1bf07

@addpea@amtopm, @sammydubs, @Tanktop, @allthethings, @the bastardian, @GazBlades, @bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @sammummery, and @misky. What do you all think with these fixtures? Some very interesting games this week and a few tough calls.

Aldershot v Barrow

Both teams pushing for the play-off and are separated by just one point. Theres a massive difference is in form though. Aldershot last 8 games - W5 D2 L 1, since december theyve won 3 and drawn1, scoring 8 and conceding just 1. Barrow are the opposite, with only 1 win since november (although against Lincoln),Last 8 - W1 D3 L4, according to their forums theyre poor at set peices, good at the back, and have a 'direct' style of play (hoof the ball to the tall striker!), Barrow have a lot of injuries and rely a lot on loanees, also one of their main strikers (Harrison) is injured.

Aldershot @  2.10

York v Maidstone

Saw York at Nuneaton at the weekend and they were all over us, excellent passing team, not one that id expect to be in bottom position. They also seemed to have turned the corner and the 3-0 win over us will give them a definite boost, the club are calling this game 'the biggest of the season' as a win would but them above maidstone on goal difference. Their last 8 reads - W2 D4 L2, and they have lost once since the 3rd Jan. Maidstones form - W1 D1 L6, they have only 2 clean sheets all season, the last in October, and have the second worst goal difference and goals conceded record in the division. Looking at the forums, the club arent taking this one as seriously as York, and seem to think they are 'too good to go down'.

York @  1.70

Merthyr v Chesham

The Merthyr bandwagon shows no sign of stopping! Merthyr have been good to me in recent weeks and i think that will continue against Chesham, who now look out out of the title race. Since early Jan Chesham are W1 D1 L2 (the win was against lowly St Neots). Merthyr on the other hand are unbeaten since early December, since then they are W8 D2, and in all home matches - W11 D5 L0. Merthyr also won the reverse fixture 1-0, and must be eyeing the top spot.

Merthyr  @ 1.72

Grantham v Stourbridge

Both teams on an amazing run of form. Stourbridge having lost once in the last 15 league matches (a 4-1 defeat away to Sutton Coldfield at end of Jan), Grantham are unbeaten in the last 15, seeing them rise to 6th in the table, 4 points behind second placed Stourbridge. Blyth are running away with the league on 65 points (10 ahead of stourbridge). 

The bookies make Stourbridge slight favourites, however, Stourbridge have lost 2 of the last 4; after the sutton Coldfield loss (their last away match), they played in the league cup and lost 4-1 at home... to Grantham! I think Grantham must have the upper hand in this one, knowing they beat Stourbridge 3 weeks ago, racing to get into the play-offs, while stourbridge cant catch Blyth but are safely in the play-offs.

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/teams/61056/news/grantham-town-v-stourbridge-match-preview-1751997.html - Stourbridge match preview

http://www.granthamtownfc.com/teams/59867/match-centre/2-40463 -match report Stourbridge 1 - Grantham 4.

Grantham @  2.45

Solihull v Sutton

I was kicking myself for not backing Boreham Wood to beat Sutton in the FA Trophy replay on Tuesday night. Given Sutton’s away form and the fact they ended up with just 9 men on the pitch in the first game it really was an obvious bet, but for some reason I left it alone. They ended up getting stuffed and it is hard to understand why they aren’t favourites for this let alone priced up at 19/10 (various). Granted Sutton have two games in hand, but Solihull are actually 1 point above their visitors in the table. They have gone through some changes in the squad and I did think they might begin to suffer as a consequence, but that hasn’t really happened and they have been performing well. Sutton’s players will be thinking about Arsenal already and given there away form is so bad, Solihull rate a pretty strong bet at the prices.

Southport v Dagenham & Redbridge

Southport’s chairman can’t resist a manager change and to me it was pretty harsh to get rid of Steve Burr. Andy Preece got the job in the week and he has a very tough game to get his tenure underway. Southport’s issues are defensive at the moment and it will be a tough ask for Preece to get them sorted at the first time of asking. They didn’t play too badly against Gateshead last week, but they still lost 3-0. Dagenham meanwhile have been scoring goals for fun of late and will take plenty of confidence from the injury time winner they scored against Chester last week. They really have turned a corner over the past month and they look title contenders again. I am surprised they aren’t odds on and William Hill’s 11/10 is worth taking.

Acca

All the troubled clubs who I have been opposing are playing teams who are very short this week so I have come up with a four-fold which pays 4.6/1 with Marathon. Dartford continued their good form when beating Whitehawk easily last Saturday and they should overcome Gosport. Speaking of Whitehawk they did eventually stop the rot with a point against Eastbourne on Tuesday, but they now face a flying Ebbsfleet and they shouldn’t have too many issues in beating them. In the Ryman Premier Merstham did finally win away from home last time, but going to an Enfield Town side who are hoping to get in the play-offs will be a much tougher task. In the Evo-Stik Northern Premier high flying Nantwich should have too much for Sutton Coldfield.

Edited by addpea

I was considering Solihull myself, Sutton are poor away from home W0 D2 L6 in the last 8 away games. They will be scared sh*tless of an injury or suspension prior to the Arse. Solihull won the reverse fixture 3-1 in august, just that solihull are a bit Jekyll and Hyde - win a few, lose afew, without any consistent run of form.

solihull @ 2.90,   to win to nil @  5.50,   draw/solihull @ 7.00,   solihull/solihull @ 4.50