** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Midweek > Feb 7th & 8th

league1ratings.jpg.c47f75e69531c3c43885a

league2ratings.jpg.8ae546b06de75ff65c1ae

A small selection of games from a variety of competitions this midweek. Only have ELO ratings updated for League 1 and League 2 so far but will get the Championship ones out when they become available.

@salmonman, @allyhibs, @Neubs, @Tiffy, @Icongene, @Kenton Schweppes, @skyblues88, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @MuineBheag, @mrclubbie, @Simeon Borisof, @Bobby Vegas, and @johnabpd, what are you regular posters in this section thinking for these games?

Personally, I'm going for BTTS in the Leicester vs Derby game. Might also go total goals scored over 2.5. I can see Norwich getting at least a draw away to Wigan but two away games in a matter of days might be too much so a draw could be the best option as opposed to an away win.

I am undecided on the other games yet but might back MK Dons, Blackpool, and Leyton Orient for home wins with Raith versus Morton as a score draw.

Also, interested to hear from @sajtion now he is building up a bit of a fan club with @ikoncan and @nenri981:lol

well using my extremely gifted intuitive telepathy i have pierced through the dimension in space where past, present and future all exist at the same time and to my knowledge thing will go like this....

leicester will not give a damn about this cup game and i know that because they are in dogfight to survive relegation so i think they will completely abandon this match in favour of staying fresh for the forthcoming premier league game. as if they were not struggling with form already, derby has taken more serious strides to progress in this competition.

wigan and norwich has drawn written all over. norwich are in slightly better form but this will difficult match for them as wigan will look to limit their threat and chances. 1 to 0 to either side is also very possible.

milton keynes should routinely beat oldham. i just do not see oldham's negative style game holding up and home team have had some exceptional good results recently so i see solid 2 -0 or 3-0 victory

blackpool has drawn 5 out of 6 competitive matches and that says a lot about the way they play. they clearly don't have much cutting edge at the moment but it's no reason to think their form is in decline. i think they have good chance to win here as crawly are regularly exposed defensively so a results like 2-1 is expected

i was surprised by morecombe draw with doncaster and this clearly shows they are now much more solid team than they were before although this doesn't mean they are suddenly a consistent winning side. the result may give them some confidence going into this match but morecambe have never beaten leyton in their previous meetings and considering they will be guest again i am hoping that past record holds up. leyton orient took the lead against carlisle at the weekend but ending up losing the match in the end. they will be desperate to stop a run of five consecutive losses and they faced some tough opponents so i think they will get over the line here and with this match by maybe 2-1

so that is my opinion and good luck

Edited by sajtion

I'll be swerving the midweek games I think, if I was forced to bet on anything it would be Morton to beat Raith.

Morton had a poor result at the weekend but QOS isn't an easy place to go, the playing surface is terrible, a real leveller. They like to get the ball down and play football and are, imo, the second best team in the league. Raith are shockingly bad and I think the 6/4 for Morton has a touch of value.

However, after the weekend I've just had, I wouldn't listen to me if I was you :)

Wigan Athletic v Norwich City

Wigan Athletic: Reece James (0/0 d), Alex Gilbey (8/1 m)(both doubtful), Nick Powell (15/1 m), Reece Burke (6/1 d), Donervon Daniels (1/0 d)

Norwich City: James Maddison (0/0 m), Steven Naismith (19/4 f), Matt Jarvis (0/0 m)(all doubtful), Alex Tettey (24/0 m, suspended), Graham Dorrans (17/5 m), Louis Thompson (3/0 m)

Blackpool v Crawley Town

Blackpool: Kyle Vassell (22/9 f, top scorer, doubtful), Jim McAlister (22/0 m)

Crawley Town: Lewis Young (25/0 f, suspended), Matt Harrold (6/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

18 hours ago, Tiffy said:

I'd be backing Derby on the DC, but will probably swerve the midweek games and wait for the weekend

I'm always wary about midweek Championship games too. As if they weren't unpredictable enough, throw in the quick turnaround and travel between games and things become a lot more complex.

Morecambe look awfully good at 3.0, as they're one of the better away sides facing a really terrible team in Orient. Unless recent transfers suggest otherwise, I'd think Morecambe are extreme value.

Adding: The only match this season where Morecambe were away to a side over 2.0 was Hartlepool, who beat them 3-2. But they are 5-4-4 overall, 5-4-3 when the home side were outright favorites.

Edited by allthethings

Mk Dons v Oldham - Under 2.5 goals.

Both teams coming into the tie in decent form. Oldham with 3 wins in 5 and Mk Dons unbeaten in 3 scoring an impressive 10 goals along the way. Oldham under their new manager seem to have found some steely resistance and I have no doubt that their game plan here will be to work hard, sight tight and hope to pinch a goal on the counter. MK Dons recent results suggest a resurgence in their attacking prowess but I feel given their opponents defensive approach they might struggle for clear cut chances tonight.

MK Dons are -for all their slowly improving form- in a fight to get clear of the relegation places and with Oldham in a similar situation this one could be a scrappy affair. In 15 away games Oldham have only scored 2 goals in one match twice and have failed to register a goal in 8/15. In those 15, only 3 have gone Over 2.5 goals.

The home side also have a very, very packed schedule in February so it's possible with this in mind, and with new signing still bedding in we might see some changes that affect the overall fluidity of MKs performance.

I´m betting MK Dons today. Oldham for sure not that bad travllers for the position they have in Table. But they playing at Weekend important Game against Coventry, then again a Mid-Week Game and then important Game at Swindon. So maybe the main Focus and the rotation maybe will be focusing on both Weekend Games who are coming. Also i see MK Dons now in a good Form and with little bit luck they can grab themselve a Play Off Spot if they can start now a streak.

On 07/02/2017, 12:57:36, allthethings said:

Morecambe look awfully good at 3.0, as they're one of the better away sides facing a really terrible team in Orient. Unless recent transfers suggest otherwise, I'd think Morecambe are extreme value.

Adding: The only match this season where Morecambe were away to a side over 2.0 was Hartlepool, who beat them 3-2. But they are 5-4-4 overall, 5-4-3 when the home side were outright favorites.

Spot on mate. Far from convincing 1-0 win for Morecambe but they got the job done. Great tip!

On 07/02/2017, 08:14:47, allyhibs said:

I'll be swerving the midweek games I think, if I was forced to bet on anything it would be Morton to beat Raith.

Morton had a poor result at the weekend but QOS isn't an easy place to go, the playing surface is terrible, a real leveller. They like to get the ball down and play football and are, imo, the second best team in the league. Raith are shockingly bad and I think the 6/4 for Morton has a touch of value.

However, after the weekend I've just had, I wouldn't listen to me if I was you :)

What did you say, I wasn't listening!