** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC Premier League 2017

StevieDay1983

pdc-darts-pl-outright.jpg.66a52a368359c9

The 2017 PDC Premier League kicks off tonight and there are a host of matches lined up for the first night of action. I have listed the outright odds before the competition starts. Are any of you backing someone other than MVG to take the title? He's obviously flying after his PDC World Championship title win but would it be naive to rule out Gary Anderson at 5.50 or Peter Wright at 11.00? Will Phil Taylor's confirmed impending retirement see him improve his game?

Here are the matches tonight, along with the odds. Interested to hear the thoughts of contributors to this forum such as @Fader, @owenclass, @Mullahoran, @bet man, @WiseManRav, @Cyrus69, @mcsilks, and @discipline.

pdc-darts-pl.jpg.994541310a67b509eeb7af5

On 05/02/2017, 09:43:24, bet man said:

James Wade was impressive by far. 

Yes. There is something about him that I don't like. I think it's a combination of him being a bit sleazy, moaning when he's losing, and looking like he has the potential to be a serial killer. Still, credit where it's due. Great to see Phil Taylor rolling back the years against Dave Chisnall too. Good result for Gary Anderson against Michael Van Gerwen too. I think Peter Wright is one to watch as a dark horse.

6 hours ago, Champion123 said:

We've penned some thoughts on Week 2 of the Premier League here. There's a 12/1 acca that looks great on paper - these things always do! Unsure on the Lewis-Chisnall match, which has a '50/50' feel to it, and Van Gerwen will have the bit between his teeth after losing to Wright at the weekend in the UK Open qualifiers.

Interesting that you think MVG's defeat to Wright will spur him on and not play on his mind. It's going to be a very interesting match-up.

pdc-darts.jpg.0114b24075d3de6253542ba0f4

Here are the fixtures for tonight lads. What are you all thinking? Personally, I'm going for...

Gary Anderson to beat Peter Wright

Adrian Lewis DRAW James Wade

Phil Taylor to beat Raymond Van Barneveld

Michael Van Gerwen to beat Jelle Klaasen

Dave Chisnall to beat Kim Huybrechts

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the odds for tonight's matches...

dartsodds.jpg.1e304f6672b94a9500eae803a1

Personally, I'm thinking Raymond van Barneveld should beat bottom-placed Dave Chisnall but I still think Chisnall has a shock win inside him somewhere. The Dutch derby between Jelle Klaasen and Kim Huybrechts could go either way but I'm just favouring Klaasen. Gary Anderson beating Phil Taylor seems likely but Taylor is another who has it in him to upset the odds. Peter Wright should see off Adrian Lewis with ease. Then I'd be amazed if James Wade didn't beat Chisnall in the final match of the night. MVG is sidelined through injury which is disappointing.

pdcplodds.jpg.9b6915b613c8d414c7dde9ee70

It's Glasgow this week for the Premier League action! The big shock last week was Dave Chisnall sealing two wins. What a performance! This week I am going for...

Phil Taylor to beat Adrian Lewis (Lewis does have the better average but I think Taylor will hit the darts when he needs them. I am tempted by the draw at 4.33 though)

Peter Wright to beat James Wade (poor defeat for Wade last week against Chisnall and it could be a hangover for him this week)

MVG to beat Kim Huybrechts (MVG might be fresh from injury but it won't show. Expect an easy win for MVG here)

Raymond van Barneveld to beat Jelle Klaasen (again, standard win here for the big man)

Gary Anderson to beat Dave Chisnall (despite his double win last week, Chisnall is likely to be brought back down to earth with a bump here)

What do you think   @Fader, @owenclass, @Mullahoran, @bet man, @WiseManRav, @Cyrus69, @mcsilks, and @discipline?

Just looking over tonights matches. Not too much value if you ask me. I wish I looked last week now, far better value.

I'm only going to look at 2 matches this week. Wade Vs Klaasen & the big one between Taylor and Van Gerwen. We're in Holland this week so you'd expect a big performance from the dutch players. It wouldn't surprise me if Barney won tonight, but Anderson was awesome last week so I'm going to leave that match alone.

4pts J.Klaasen to beat J.Wade 2/1 Sportingbet
6pts M.Van Gerwen -2.5 legs to beat P.Taylor 5/6 Bet365

These are the two I like. Klaasen is playing well, scoring well, but getting abit tight around the doubles but Wade is starting to look very average and if it wasn't for his big 100+ checkouts I'm sure he'd have lost more matches. I'm also taking Van Gerwen to have a big week and beat Taylor quite easily. Taylor is 10pts below MVG at the moment and the crowd wont be on his side, which he never seems to like.#

Skybet picks :
2pts J.Klaasen to win the match + score more 180s than Wade 7/2
2pts M.Van Gerwen to win the match, hit the most 180s and highest checkout 11/8

2 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

premdartsodds.jpg.f355ad779a115ee7ff5732

Cheers for your thoughts, @Fader. I have attached the odds for tonight's matches. I was looking at that Klaasen one but I think Wade might get it. It's going to be very close. I'm tempted by the draw. I would also like to see Huybrechts beat Lewis but I can't see it.

It's difficult with Klaasen, and it may be I'm just searching for some value but he will outscore Wade so if he can keep his composure, and at his home ground so to speak, I like his value. Draw is a nice pick also.

MVG playing twice tonight. I may change my mind on this based on the first match and how MVG plays but ultimately the value has to be on Barney tonight. 6/1 is too big a price for me. Other than that, maybe Peter Wright to beat Taylor but those odds seem too skinny. I'll be taking a treble with Skybet and a single on Barney tonight.

2.5pts Anderson, Wright & Lewis to win 4/1 Skybet
2pts Barney to beat MVG 6/1 Bet365 

0.5pts Anderson, Wright and Lewis all to have the most 180 AND highest checkout in there matches 33/1 Skybet

22 hours ago, Fader said:

MVG playing twice tonight. I may change my mind on this based on the first match and how MVG plays but ultimately the value has to be on Barney tonight. 6/1 is too big a price for me. Other than that, maybe Peter Wright to beat Taylor but those odds seem too skinny. I'll be taking a treble with Skybet and a single on Barney tonight.

2.5pts Anderson, Wright & Lewis to win 4/1 Skybet
2pts Barney to beat MVG 6/1 Bet365 

0.5pts Anderson, Wright and Lewis all to have the most 180 AND highest checkout in there matches 33/1 Skybet

Nicely done with Barney 6/1! :loon 

pdcdarts.jpg.b2c16c86d7a9b12730cd1e13568The odds are backing Wright, Taylor, Anderson, Barney, and MVG quite convincingly this week but I am not sold on that value. James Wade has always been a thorn in my side on the darts so I'm wary of him at odds like this.

Interested to hear your opinion after that Barney shout last week, @Fader.

I'll be out on the sauce again tonight ofcourse but I managed to get on. 

I'll be backing Barney again this week. I don't see how Taylor is a favourite against Barney right now considering Barney has beat the best couple of players in the world over recent weeks. Taylor was 4-0 down over Klaasen and it was only Klaasens injury that set him back to let Phil back in.

I also fancy Wright and Anderson to both win without too much fuss so I'll be taking the handicaps in both. Not been impressed with Lewis and Chisnall not too much to play for and is far too inconsistent.

5pts Barney to beat P.Taylor 8/5 Betbright
2.5pts P.Wright -2.5 to beat Chisnall 11/10 Bet365
2.5pts G.Anderson -2.5 to beat Lewis 6/5 Bet365

pdcdarts.jpg

The final week of league action from the Premier League. MVG and Peter Wright have already sealed their spots in the play-offs next week with Gary Anderson having also qualified but who he faces is still up for grabs. The remaining play-off spot is between Phil Taylor and Dave Chisnall. Taylor needs a draw or win against Adrian Lewis where as Chisnall needs a win against James Wade and wants Taylor to lose against Lewis.

What are we thinking here, @Fader?