** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Feb 3rd - 6th

laligaratings.jpg.6929c9d8bc2353c0d351b2

It is looking set to be a weekend where the home sides go into the games as firm favourites in the majority of cases. Will this encourage a few of you to put five fold or more bets on?

@betcatalog, you continued to impress with that Osasuna and Malaga Asian Handicap and the Alaves and Atletico Madrid under 2.5 goals bet. What is taking your interest this week? You're developing a reputation for being the king of the goals and underdog bets!

@Pep004, always keen to hear your in-depth thoughts on games. Do you have any key opinions on these games?

@Magic0024, we could do with some stats here. Some games that appear certainties at face value but the stats might pick up on a potential upset or two.

@andrewcalo, luckily for betcatalog the Alaves bet was fine. Do you have any bets lined up for La Liga this weekend?

@Icongene, I don't think you were the only one stunned by that Espanyol win! Any bets in the pipeline here?

@stanleybright, you correctly got on that BTTS bet! Do you have any BTTS bets for this week? Would love it if you had a few to pick.

@sajtion, @WinningAdvice, @gogetta, @discipline, and @vasilli07, you guys have been quiet recently. Fancy chipping in again and letting us know your thoughts?

what is happening with barcelona? how could they lose that match against betis? what has happened to suarez, messi, neymar? there are risky looking bets to avoid and one of them is atletico madrid because they really struggle to break teams down for long periods and grind results by small margins and that's always a liability. i feel valencia is best bet who should win because they are playing better lately.

17 hours ago, Icongene said:

Unjust red card after 2 mins at the weekend was always going to make a result unlikely and to lose a goal right on HT put the outcome beyond doubt. Espanyol deserved it.

I like the look of Valencia to bounce back at home and both teams to score in the Seville v Villareal.

Espanyol deserved what? Penalty? Hardly. Red card? 100% not.

But it's not easy to play with one player less. While Espanyol is pretty decent team. But well, I am happy that we agree about the decision. In my opinion it was not even a penalty. :)

This time I will back Espanyol away and still deciding about Valencia to win or over 2,5. I will publish lot's of analysis on my site tomorrow.

Im looking at the under 1.5 goals at 2.75 for the Deportivo v Betis match. These teams are just so poor in front of goal that it's difficult to see many tomorrow and it represents far more value than around 1.53 being offered for under 2.5 goals. Betis on their travels are hopeless and I can see Deportivo trying to protect any lead they gain.

Edit: Deportivo v Betis under 1.5 goals at 2.75  Have decided to have a look at this. Hopefully both sides stay true to form and struggle to find the net.

Edited by Icongene

Here's some interesting statistical facts about next La Liga games:

Real Betis haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 14 away matches in the league.
Leganes have failed to score in 67% of their last 12 league matches.

You can find more interesting statistical facts for next games on http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-03-02-2017

4 hours ago, Magic0024 said:

Here's some interesting statistical facts about next La Liga games:

Real Betis haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 14 away matches in the league.
Leganes have failed to score in 67% of their last 12 league matches.

You can find more interesting statistical facts for next games on http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-03-02-2017

That Real Betis stat backs what @Icongene is saying for a low scoring game. I'm tempted to back Deportivo to win to nil but I just don't have confidence they will score.

Valencia - Eibar

Full Event Away +0.75 (AH) @ 1.840 4/10 PINNACLE

Football / Spa. Primera / Kick off: 04 Feb 2017, 20:45

Match between 15th and 9th placed team in La Liga will be played on Mestalla in Valencia and it will start at 20:45 on Saturday. Valencia is showing better results recently, but Prandelli surprisingly quitting the job has shown that things are not great in club. Voro took over the team and they are doing well (personally I don't know why they even appointed Prandelli, as Voro knows players for years and knows also the politic of club and if anyone is able to adapt than Voro is. They signed Orellana and Zaza, who will probably need some time to adapt. Today Voro will be without 5 important players - captain Parejo, Nani, Perez, Munir and Rodrigo. Eibar in this season is just proving that they are serious La Liga mid-table team. I can remember many people being doubtful about them, but this season they are once again doing fine under Mendilibar. There won't be any bigger changes in lineup. Escalante and Luna are back, while they will remain without Riesgo, Kike and Junca. Let's do the math here. Odds on Valencia are around 1,85 which means that bookmakers sees the match like 53,5% for Valencia to win and 46,5% for Eibar to draw or to win. Under the circumstances (without 5 important players) Valencia is overestimated here and as they play 2-2 against Malaga at home and 1-1 against Granada, I don't know why would they easily beat Eibar who is toughest team than those two.

Having originally looked at taking a Valencia win I had talked myself out of it and was going to leave it alone but had a read of Pep's tip and got on Eibar at  +1. Currently 2-0 up at Valencia at HT and man to the good. Surely safe and a great call :) 

Edited by Icongene

Granada whole league has 14 to 20 goal goal and 6 to 9 goal goal at home. Las Palmas whole league has 13 to 20 goal goal home and away 6 to 9 goal goal. Both teams score and concede a goal, I expect an open game and scored on both sides
GRANADA CF vs UNION DEPORTIVA LAS PALMAS @@ Both team to score, odds 1.75

20 hours ago, betcatalog said:

Granada whole league has 14 to 20 goal goal and 6 to 9 goal goal at home. Las Palmas whole league has 13 to 20 goal goal home and away 6 to 9 goal goal. Both teams score and concede a goal, I expect an open game and scored on both sides
GRANADA CF vs UNION DEPORTIVA LAS PALMAS @@ Both team to score, odds 1.75

I took both teams to score; No @2.10 

Didn't catch the game myself so can't offer any sort of analysis as to whether my pick was pure luck or sheer genius. I'll go for the first.

Just thought with both teams low scoring records Granada (H)  and Las Palmas (A) the odds looked a bit tasty as I knew Granada would come out and run and fight for 90 mins (provided the were still in the game). The away sides truly abysmal away record sealed the deal and thankfully for me they ran true to form.

Edited by Icongene

On 05/02/2017, 04:35:27, vasilli07 said:

Valencia probably went back to its old self, 7 goals conceded in 2 losses. Won't be surprised if they go on to lose a few more games and the manager is sacked again.

Even though it's true that they're lacking of constancy but as I wrote in analysis, they were without 5 important players this time. It could be better in next match, but anyway I think that without Barcelona they would be relegated like nothing. People are thinking that Barca is stealing they're hot prospects, but in reality... They gave them Munir, who of biggest prospects of La Masia recently and pay 30M € for Paco Alcacer. They bought Andre Gomes for 40M €, before that they payed absurd 20M € for Jeremy Mathieu! Next one could be Cancelo for 30M €.. even though Montoya (ex. La Masia/Barcelona) is performing better this season than Portuguese player. 

I think that Valencia is in the biggest crisis among all the solid clubs in the world. They're team is far from bad, they possess so much quality, but they are just mentally sick. I believe that leadership of this club is disastrous, and that there will be less and less smart/good coaches who will want to join "Los Che". It's a pity as I really like this club, but future of it is in jeopardy.