** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Weekend > Feb 3rd - 5th

champratings.jpg.27a03236f601e3846746053

league1ratings.jpg.b06461183c6c38426c003

league2ratings.jpg.429bde9d60954908bbfd7

splratings.jpg.0e15d152d3f78ea22d324548b

All ratings have now been updated. :ok

At the time of writing this, there are still a few fixtures from the previous round left to be completed so I'll will go off the games that have been done and dusted so far.

Really pleased with the Cardiff score. Disappointed that we didn't get anyone in before the transfer window closed even though we let Ajayi, Wilson, Le Fondre, O'Keefe, Huws, and Kennedy all go. Now, admittedly, none of those players were first team performers (with the exception of O'Keefe perhaps) but they were still bodies. We made over £50k per week savings in wages and I'm sure £20k per week could have been used to get a striker in on loan? Still, if Zohore keeps scoring goals like he did last night then we might not have a problem. It all smacks of either Tan refusing to invest any more or him and Warnock agreeing that Warnock could spend in the summer if he didn't spend anything this window. I could handle that if that's the case.

@salmonman, I was worried when you backed Sheffield Wednesday but that price was very appealing. They were unlucky not to win as well. Tammy Abraham shattering punters' dreams again!

@allyhibs, you're always providing good advice about the Hibernian matches but can you use your knowledge of the other teams in the Scottish Championship to make some tips on the other games this weekend?

@Neubs, I don't think you'll  be the only one let down by that Aston Villa score line! What are you thinking this week? Could be a good one to back Villa again. Wounded animal and all that.

Still waiting on the results of a few of you guys such as @Tiffy, @Icongene, and @Kenton Schweppes. Give us your thoughts anyway! Haha.

Also keen to hear the thoughts of @skyblues88, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @MuineBheag, @mrclubbie, @Simeon Borisof, @Bobby Vegas, and @johnabpd.

Gotta post this today as kids are off school tomorrow!

Walsall v Northampton

Walsall have been mediocre at best until recently hitting some form since early January, this has been down to the players managing to gel in a new 5 - 3 -2 or 5-3-1-1 formation. There last 4 games are W2 D2, scoring 10 and conceding 5, the 2 draws were both away - against Bury (coming from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 before conceding the equalizer in the 90th), and last night a creditable 0-0 against Millwall, where thay had the best of the chances, and 'keeper Etheridge had his 8th clean sheet of the season. Northampton on the other hand have only won 3 times since October (2 wins in December, no draws), conceding 25 (11 of which were in the last 3 away games) and scoring 15. They won their last match against Coventry at home 3-0, but I seriously doubt this is any kind of turnaround as Cov are dire (my nan could put 3 past them and shes been dead 20 years!), and easily the worst team in the division.

Walsall @ 2.30 

Talking of Coventry and Mlilwall....

Coventry v Millwall

As i said Cov are shite. The atmosphere around the club is toxic and fans are staying away in their droves, this has fed into the team who just cannot score. If they concede, the crowd get angry, and end up conceding more. Their last 5 home games are D1 L4, the last 12 home and away W0 D2 L10. They havent scored in the last 3 games and this will not improve as the top scorer (with 5!), and Captain, Jordan Willis is suspended for 4 matches. Last week they brought in 2 loanee strikers, an 18 year old from Derby and a 19 year old from Watford. Millwall are unbeaten in the last 9 matches (W5 D4 - 3 of those draws were away). The problems with the local council trying to purchase the ground seems to have galvanised the club and fans, as well as the 3-0 FA cup win over Bournemouth, Millwall must feel confident of a result.

Millwall  @ 2.15

3 hours ago, Tanktop said:

Talking of Coventry and Mlilwall....

Coventry v Millwall

As i said Cov are shite.

Absolutely spot on, we are terrible!  Shit owners, shit manager, shit team .... I can't say anymore than that really lol  

You're right, Jordan Willis misses the next 4 games after the ban appeal was rejected. If Russell Slade sets up how he did last home game against Fleetwood (5 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders) then I would go UNDER 2.5 on the goals. We've barely had a shot on goal in the last 3 games. Conceded 1, 1 and 3 (but the 3 was playing with 10 men for 75 minutes). 

time to say my accumulator this round which will be one of my many lol. last week i thought i nailed it but results were atrocious and unpredictable. i hope this time they will be in line with what i expect. here we go.....

everton, reading, fulham, sheff utd, port vale, walsall, mansfield, exeter, doncaster - [grimsby v luton - both teams to score]

£10 bet ----------- returns £15,000

any thoughts on my selections?

13 hours ago, sajtion said:

time to say my accumulator this round which will be one of my many lol. last week i thought i nailed it but results were atrocious and unpredictable. i hope this time they will be in line with what i expect. here we go.....

everton, reading, fulham, sheff utd, port vale, walsall, mansfield, exeter, doncaster - [grimsby v luton - both teams to score]

Hi Sajtion greetings from Istanbul

Everyweek i bet on your selection

waiting for hit the jackpot)

believe in you

54 minutes ago, ikoncan said:

Hi Sajtion greetings from Istanbul

Everyweek i bet on your selection

waiting for hit the jackpot)

believe in you

cheers buddy i believe in myself too. i'm getting closer every week and it's only matter of time before i get them all right, but ball is round so a lot can happen in one minute. let's hope we have some good luck this time. we deserve it

Edited by sajtion

17 hours ago, sajtion said:

Greetings from Skopje-Macedonia too, I also follow you  and appreciate your efforts in order to help us to compile a winning ticket!

I have my own selection for this weekend too and here we go...

1. Rochdale - Bristol Rovers BTS and over 2,5 ( the second name of this two clubs is BTTS and over, my favorite one ).

2.Cheltenham - Newport BTS and over 2,5 ( I like Newport, brave guys with big hearts, I believe them ).

3.Cambridge Utd    - Plymouth BTS and over 2.5 ( In order tu catch up donny, Plimouth will concide at least one goal, expect open game with many goals from both sides). GL

I´m again backing Aston Villa and think they are overpriced. Playing not so good against Brentford and maybe it was my mistake to think that the new Midfield Players play really good from begining. So they need time - but this tough matchplan for me it´s very good. It gives nothing better when you can find as a team and teamwork - then a Match. Nottingham for me nothing special and i think also Villa made again with new signing Hogan from Brentford a really good Transfer. Backing them with 2.62 @ bet365 - but this time with only medium stakes.

Also i will back Rochdale, Hartlepool and a combo with wins from Doncaster and Sheffield United all with a stake from 3/10

aston villa are only good on paper and unfortunately no wins in five means no reason for me to think they will win especially on trip away to always fancied nottingham forest. they have only managed 2 away victories all season and until i see some consistency from them it seems naive choice to back them

Edited by sajtion

@Neubs, I am with you on Villa. A wounded animal who I think could well bounce back this week. I do think their problems a very deeply rooted though. It's going to take Bruce 2-3 seasons to get it all sorted.

For my inside information, Cardiff are plagued by injury worries this weekend and that's after letting a dozen players leave the club with none coming in over January. Warnock is not happy. It's a shame because for the first time this season we are closer to the playoffs than relegation. I think we will do well to get a draw against Norwich. I would back a 0-0 or 1-1 if I was pushed.

thanks for that tip i was thinking along the same lines that draw is mostly likely. i am confident norwich will find a goal and know cardiff has been tight with some narrow wins and losses recently. one thing i would not like to see is unhappy warnock going out of his way to lead his men on the pitch to make a statement to owners that he's teams is short of quality or whatever and does some weird tactics which doesn't play to the cardiff's strength.

Inverness CT v Dundee FC

Inverness CT: Billy King (17/1 m, doubtful), Kevin McNaughton (2/0 d), Josh Meekings (18/1 d), Lewis Horner (10/0 m)

Dundee FC: James McPake (0/0 d), Nicky Low (2/1 m)

Motherwell FC v Hearts FC

Motherwell FC: Ross MacLean (7/0 m), Kieran Kennedy (0/0 d), Jacob Blyth (2/0 f), Scott McDonald (22/7 f, top scorer, suspended)

Hearts FC: Rory Currie (2/0 f, probably in), Faycal Rherras (18/1 d, doubtful), Arnaud Djoum (21/4 m, national selection), Callum Paterson (20/8 d, top scorer), John Souttar (22/0 d), Prince Buaben (12/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I've taken Wolves to beat Burton at 2.30.

Paul Lambert has turned them into a tough nut to crack since coming in and on the back of their excellent result against Liverpool they went on to record another away win in the league (3-1 v Barnsley). I'd think confidence is reasonable high and given Burtons weekly travails I see a chance for Wolves to put a 3rd straight away win down.

I'm fancying Wolves here too, Sky Bet have them at 6/5, despite Burton's shock win at QPR, I think Wolves will have too much for them.

Norwich have recently picked up a little and travel to Cardiff, sorry Stevie mate, but at 7/5 think they might win this one.

Into League One for my next selection, Scunthorpe being offered away at Southend at 6/4, we'll take that.

Norwich 7/5, Scunthorpe 6/4 and Wolves 6/5 pays 12/1

On 2/1/2017, 9:07:57, StevieDay1983 said:

allyhibs, you're always providing good advice about the Hibernian matches but can you use your knowledge of the other teams in the Scottish Championship to make some tips on the other games this weekend?

I don't usually bet on this league Stevie, too unpredictable with most teams of a similar standard.

If i had to bet on someone this weekend though it would be Dumbarton @ 8/5. It's a difficult place to go, they recently beat Dundee Utd there and Hibs only won 1-0 a couple of weeks ago. St Mirren are quite simply the worst team in the league by far. The odds look decent to me.

Edited by allyhibs

I like the look of Reading to win at Ipswich. Reading look bang in form against an Ipswich side who were thumped 3-0 at home last time out. Reading @ 6/4.

Exeter are on fire at the moment, scoring for fun and conceding very few, Crewe look the opposite. The odds possibly look a wee bit on the skinny side so i'll double it with Doncaster, another of the countries form teams. Exeter and Doncaster double @ 7/5.

I know, i know, Hibs again :). We are due to give someone a proper doing and this looks to me like the time. Full squad to choose from, on form, at home, we have a huge cup game next week against Hearts where all the players will be busting a gut to play, Ayr are sh##e. It all adds up to an easy win for the Cabbage. Hibs minus 2 @ 9/5.

Edited by allyhibs

Norwich to win @ Cardiff 6/4

Time for the Canaries to win away.Team with such a potential cannot be so low in the away table,newcomer Wildschutt may start,Oliveria is back from suspension (dono if its a plus haha).

Cardiff is playing more then decent since Warnock arrival.The only thing is,coach is getting bit frustrated with lack of investment from Tan,they pretty much safe in the table where they are now,play offs is a bit too much for the Bluebirds,in my opinion,Stevie might have slightly different one ...

Edited by MuineBheag

I'm really wary of Cardiff v Norwich. Warnock has them playing with much more determination in recent weeks. Norwich have also improved but I can see this one being right tight so will give Norwich a miss personally.

Edit: I've gone for Milwall to win away v Coventry. As per previous analysis, Coventry are a shambles on and off the pitch which gives any visiting side a chance currently. Millwall have only lost one of their last six having beaten Bournemouth along the way in the FA Cup. Think it will be low scoring one but 0-1 Millwall is not unlikely.

Reading to win v  Ipswich. Ipswich have been on a downward spiral for some time now whereas for Reading it's the exact opposite, 3 wins on he bounce and pushing for promotion. 2.8 is a very good price imo.

Edited by Icongene

On 02/02/2017, 19:40:30, sajtion said:

everton, sheff utd, walsall, mansfield, exeter, grim v luton btts all came in but unfortunately i gotta admit i was apprehensive about reading and fulham but i chose them anyway because i didn't see better option. i knew ipswich were a little better at their own ground and red card for fulham didn't help matters. port vale had a decent home record and i thought they would see off poor travelling peterborough but the guest were clearly out improve their away form and i cannot believe league leaders doncaster couldn't beat 17th placed team with terrible away record. it could have been a lot better but damn those bastards.

7 hours ago, MuineBheag said:

Norwich to win @ Cardiff 6/4

Time for the Canaries to win away.Team with such a potential cannot be so low in the away table,newcomer Wildschutt may start,Oliveria is back from suspension (dono if its a plus haha).

Cardiff is playing more then decent since Warnock arrival.The only thing is,coach is getting bit frustrated with lack of investment from Tan,they pretty much safe in the table where they are now,play offs is a bit too much for the Bluebirds,in my opinion,Stevie might have slightly different one ...

:beer

I was too busy to post anything this weekend. But I had 9 selections.

W - Aldershot, Halifax, Milwall, Carlisle, Athletico to win to nil, Cardiff V Norwich U2.5  

L- Derby, Aston Villa, Leicester V Utd U2.5

6/9, made a small profit!