** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Midweek > Jan 31st - Feb 2nd

champratings.jpg.a0bc67c558e35e305e6fd90

league1ratings.jpg.c31122832c2774df0b2c6

league2ratings.jpg.5ccb122704adda2c506c6

So here are some midweek games for us to have a look at. The Championship has a full schedule but there are a flutter of fixtures in League One, League Two, EFL Trophy, and the SPL.

@andrewcalo, @allyhibs, and @salmonman, you guys reaped the rewards on the weekend. Are you looking at any games in midweek to try and get some profit?

@Kenton Schweppes, massive game for you boys at home to Brighton. Can you get a win? @tilly, in the away end, do you think you lads can come away with a point?

@Icongene, it's not often I say this but you backed Blackburn and it was a great choice. Do you fancy any bets for these games?

@allthethings and @sajtion, you placed some big bets on the weekend action. What are you backing here? Always love reading what you think.

Also interested to hear from other UK Football regular contributors such as @Tanktop, @johnabpd, @skyblues88, @Neubs, @MuineBheag, @mrclubbie, @Simeon Borisof, and @Bobby Vegas.

Tough game for us but at least Murray is suspended for his red card at Lincoln. I do have a sneaky feeling for us though. We won at a canter on Saturday at Rochdale with a team made up of fairly second string players, although Rochdale kept handing us goals on a plate.

I'll pass my opinion on the games later on when I've had a study.

19 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Tough game for us but at least Murray is suspended for his red card at Lincoln. I do have a sneaky feeling for us though. We won at a canter on Saturday at Rochdale with a team made up of fairly second string players, although Rochdale kept handing us goals on a plate.

I'll pass my opinion on the games later on when I've had a study.

Glenn Murray didn't get sent off against Lincoln, he isn't suspended.

Exeter City v Wycombe

Exeter City: Tom McCready (2/0 m), Lee Holmes (14/5 m)

Wycombe: Michael Harriman (21/0 d, probably in), Matt Bloomfield (23/4 m), Dayle Southwell (8/1 f)

Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle

Yeovil Town: Otis Khan (23/5 m, top scorer), Alex Lawless (21/0 m), Ryan Hedges (21/4 f)(all doubtful), Ryan Dickson (16/0 m)

Plymouth Argyle: Ben Purrington (19/0 d, left the club), Connor Smith (21/1 m), Gary Miller (22/0 d), Jimmy Spencer (14/2 f), David Ijaha (3/0 m), Ryan Brunt (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

My bet this midweek has to be Rangers to beat Hearts.

The new Hearts manager is looking increasingly clueless, he came in when they were sitting second in the table and completely changed their style of play. He then publicly stated that the players weren't good enough to play that style and has completely dismantled the team in the last week or so, selling 5 and signing 9 new players in the last week or 2. It all looks looks like desperate panic buying to me (i'm loving it :)). There's no way they can put out a settled side tonight.

I've stated before that I think this Rangers side are overrated but they are easily good enough to beat this shambles of a Hearts team.

Rangers win @ 6/4 .

12 hours ago, Tiffy said:

@Kenton Schweppes Murray got red carded in the Sheff Weds game for his double handed save. Think he was only banned for 1 game as he played against Lincoln and gave another penalty away! Only got a yellow for that one. 

Meanpaa was taken off innjured & replaced with Ankergren in goal. Murray committed the foul for the pen, and as the player went down the Brighton keeper went over him & fell on his shoulder! We need a decent back up keeper before Thursday because Ankergren isn't up to it anymore.

I´m fancy here today 3 Wins - the teams are Luton, Plymouth and Aston Villa.

Specially Aston Villa and Plymouth i will play with a stake from 5/10.

Brentford last Weekend with best Starting XI against Chelsea - while Aston Villa could rested and also they made clever Transfers last Weeks. Also Brentford´s best Hogan maybe with the head by a new club and also he was now last 3 weeks injured by coming in from Bench at Weekend.

Plymouth for me the main bet, Yeovil not in good Shape and also with only 3 Days off - while Plymouth didn´t play at Weekend. Maybe this can be a huge Factor for today.

10 hours ago, allyhibs said:

My bet this midweek has to be Rangers to beat Hearts.

The new Hearts manager is looking increasingly clueless, he came in when they were sitting second in the table and completely changed their style of play. He then publicly stated that the players weren't good enough to play that style and has completely dismantled the team in the last week or so, selling 5 and signing 9 new players in the last week or 2. It all looks looks like desperate panic buying to me (i'm loving it :)). There's no way they can put out a settled side tonight.

I've stated before that I think this Rangers side are overrated but they are easily good enough to beat this shambles of a Hearts team.

Rangers win @ 6/4 .

I don't understand why a manager would do that? Why change what is working? Judging by what you say, those odds are too good to ignore.

We have Preston at home tonight and I would back us to win at 2.45 odds. Back us for at least a draw. Warnock will not like us losing two games on the trot. We haven't been playing badly either. Just lost out to two very good sides in Brighton and Reading away. Warnock has said it's unlikely we'll be bringing anyone in today so expect a consistent line-up.

On 1/30/2017, 11:21:27, Kenton Schweppes said:

To be fair you would know I guess...did someone get sent off for Brighton, I'm sure someone was red carded?

Nah, no red cards, but as @Tiffy said, he gave the penalty away and got booked. And other than his header to set up their goal, was generally very poor!

Burton v Fulham @2.00 

I see this as a great price for a side who have a potent attack and whose confidence will be sky high giving the recent mauling of Hull City. They hit a bit of a slump over the last month but seem to be regaining their composure. Burton had a great result at the weekend but wins are going to be few and far between and IF Fulham play to anything like the standard they did v Hull then Burton will be in trouble.

Hearts v [email protected]

As has been alluded to this is far too high a price on the away win. Hearts have been really struggling of late and Rangers are slowly finding more consistency after a terrible start. They have also brought in two boys on loan from Arsenal and Bournemouth who they will be hoping will instantly improve them. Hyndman already scored on his debut v Motherwell. Hearts have signed 3 new players, two of which Tason Avlonitis (ex Olympiacos) and Esmael Goncalves (came to play for St Mirren on loan a few seasons ago and was very good) who would both immediately improve them and are in contention to play. Tynecastle is a very tough venue to go to and Rangers don't have the best of recent records but given the form book the bookies have Rangers priced wrong here imo. Rangers tend to not score too many on their travels so I'd expect a tight game but Rangers to edge it.

7 hours ago, GazBlades said:

Nah, no red cards, but as @Tiffy said, he gave the penalty away and got booked. And other than his header to set up their goal, was generally very poor!

Yes he was! And I think that we have just bought him fro Bournemouth for £3m. Tracking back and defending is part of his game, but we need him to concentrate on banging some more goals in now!

probably saving himself for Thursday...............................@Kenton Schweppes

Fulham to win  @ Burton 19/20

The Cottagers are on fire,they scoring for fun where Brewers are scraping results (first win in ages at QPR last Saturday).Clearly one team is heading Premiership direction (experienced at this level coach Jokanovic-promoted Watford 2 years ago).

Burton is in bad shape,not scoring too many,i can see clear winner here.

I see Burton's 4.13 as a pretty amazing price, given that we don't have any idea what side they'll put out there. At least that's how it seems to me reading the list of recent transfers. Anybody can enlighten me on this?

Transfers in (€0)
30/06/17 M. Dinanga Matlock N/A
04/02/17 B. Fox Tamworth N/A
30/01/17 M. Kightly Burnley Loan
26/01/17 C. Woodrow Fulham Loan
26/01/17 L. Christensen Fulham Loan
05/01/17 L. Murphy Leeds Loan
03/01/17 L. Varney Ipswich Free
31/12/16 M. Sordell Coventry Free
Transfers out (€0)
30/06/17 C. Woodrow Fulham N/A
30/06/17 L. Christensen Fulham N/A
30/06/17 L. Murphy Leeds N/A
30/06/17 J. Brayford Sheff Utd N/A
30/06/17 M. Kightly Burnley N/A
29/06/17 W. Miller Tottenham N/A
31/05/17 C. O'Grady Brighton N/A
14/01/17 J. Ward Nottm Forest N/A
03/01/17 H. Choudhury Leicester N/A
31/12/16 C. Reilly Coventry Free
31/12/16 S. Beavon Coventry Free

Meanwhile, this is Soccerway's Fulham list.

Transfers in (€0)
30/06/17 S. Humphrys Shrewsbury N/A
30/06/17 M. Rodak Accrington N/A
30/06/17 C. Burgess Bury N/A
30/06/17 George Christopher Williams MK Dons N/A
30/06/17 Jozabed Celta de Vigo N/A
30/06/17 R. Tunnicliffe Wigan N/A
30/06/17 C. Woodrow Burton Albion N/A
30/06/17 S. Kavanagh Hartlepool N/A
30/06/17 L. Christensen Burton Albion N/A
30/06/17 J. Grimmer Shrewsbury N/A
30/06/17 R. Stearman Wolverhampton N/A
31/05/17 L. Cole Inverness N/A
25/01/17 T. Petsos Bremen Loan
04/01/17 C. Burgess Oldham N/A
02/01/17 L. Cole Inverness N/A
Transfers out (€575K)
30/06/17 T. Kalas Chelsea N/A
30/06/17 Lucas Piazon Chelsea N/A
30/06/17 T. Petsos Bremen N/A
30/06/17 C. Martin Derby N/A
30/01/17 M. Smith QPR € 575K
26/01/17 C. Woodrow Burton Albion Loan
26/01/17 L. Christensen Burton Albion Loan
25/01/17 S. Humphrys Shrewsbury Loan
19/01/17 R. Tunnicliffe Wigan Loan
12/01/17 M. Rodak Accrington Loan
12/01/17 Jozabed Celta de Vigo Loan
05/01/17 C. Burgess Bury Loan
04/01/17 S. Kavanagh Hartlepool Loan
03/01/17 L. Cole Inverness Loan

Burtons 1st choice CB is also out of this after doing his ligaments v QPR at the weekend. 

Not sure what the relevence of those transfers are other than re-emphasising Fulhams prospects if Burton make wholesale changes.

Edited by Icongene

3 minutes ago, Icongene said:

Burtons 1st choice CB is also out of this after doing his ligaments v QPR at the weekend. 

Not sure what the relevence of those transfers are other than re-emphasising Fulhams prospects if Burton make wholesale changes.

It makes them unpredictable to an extent, both for the bookies and for the opposition.

HUDDERSFIELD V BRIGHTON

very little time to preview this, to be honest, I would take a draw.

Brighton have signed a young Arsenal striker on loan, who will be keen to impress & Murray has now been bought permanently, so he will be feeling settled, as he always wanted a return here.

i expect another tight game, Huddersfield are no mugs and aren't pushing for 3rd for nothing. Although they were toothless when I saw them earlier this season.

Brighton will also be keen to bury last weekends result against Lincoln.

What do you think @Kenton Schweppes?

BRIGHTON DNB?

I've taken Huddersfield/Brighton both teams to score 2.10

69% of Huddersfield home games have gone btts.

Brighton averaging 1.15 goals a game on their travels.

Can see this one being very tight but fancy both teams to have a go at some stage and ultimately the game could go either way so I've dodged the outright. Both teams on good runs of form and should be confident of getting something.

49 minutes ago, Icongene said:

I've taken Huddersfield/Brighton both teams to score 2.10 (WIN)

69% of Huddersfield home games have gone btts.

Brighton averaging 1.15 goals a game on their travels.

Can see this one being very tight but fancy both teams to have a go at some stage and ultimately the game could go either way so I've dodged the outright. Both teams on good runs of form and should be confident of getting something.

I also jumped on Huddersfield Draw/no bet live at 1.75 with the scores 1 each. Brighton have been invisible and look like losing more. HT can't come quick enough. Could be a good night for me :)

Edited by Icongene