** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Weekend > Jan 27th - 29th

facupodds.jpg.21f357a927cd2e3749b8e133ac

champodds.jpg.ea1b8fba75f0ccf70b4cbf31f9

league1odds.jpg.05c0f6d1dbc90c168235f96b

league2odds.jpg.45f39fc58efb58da0c809b20

splodds.jpg.2cc6f01c83239bef7bf243bb8c1e

scotchampodds.jpg

The match ratings will be posted after the midweek fixtures are completed and the ratings are fully updated. Here are the odds for this weekend's games. FA Cup, Championship, League One, League Two, and SPL action included. Apologies, @allyhibs, the Scottish Championship odds just aren't uploading properly at the moment so will look to get that sorted for you asap. Edit: problem fixed.

@sajtion, good call on Oldham last night. One thing that also might have played a factor was Oldham giving everyone free entry so they enjoyed a bumper crowd of over 7,000 so it was probably a decent atmosphere at Boundary Park.

@salmonman, unfortunately, you got tempted in by that Peterborough price. Understandable though! Have you got any thoughts for this weekend?

@johnabpd, shame the Gillingham game got postponed. I was keen to see how that unfolded. Fancy this weekend's action?

@skyblues88, you've got your previous and notorious landlords in Northampton. Reckon you can win?

@Kenton Schweppes, a place in the FA Cup 5th Round awaits you lads if you can dispose of Rochdale. Tough away game but I think you can do it. Are you hopeful?

@Tiffy, well done to your boys last night on the win. We battled hard but general feeling is we lost to a better team who will likely be a Premier League side next season. Can you build on that win by eliminating non-league Lincoln City in the FA Cup? Fascinating to hear about your mate as well. When did he move away from Cardiff? I still play football down Grangetown way a lot.

@Neubs, you raised the valid point about Reading being underdogs against Fulham. They got the win but it was close and might have been different had it not been for the late missed penalty. Little things make a big difference. What are you thinking for these games?

@MuineBheag, you said you were waiting for the weekend and here it is. What is taking your interest?

@mrclubbie, @Simeon Borisof, @Bobby Vegas, and @Punki85, are you lads eyeing any bets up?

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

facupodds.jpg.21f357a927cd2e3749b8e133ac

champodds.jpg.ea1b8fba75f0ccf70b4cbf31f9

league1odds.jpg.05c0f6d1dbc90c168235f96b

league2odds.jpg.45f39fc58efb58da0c809b20

splodds.jpg.2cc6f01c83239bef7bf243bb8c1e

scotchampodds.jpg

The match ratings will be posted after the midweek fixtures are completed and the ratings are fully updated. Here are the odds for this weekend's games. FA Cup, Championship, League One, League Two, and SPL action included. Apologies, @allyhibs, the Scottish Championship odds just aren't uploading properly at the moment so will look to get that sorted for you asap. Edit: problem fixed.

@sajtion, good call on Oldham last night. One thing that also might have played a factor was Oldham giving everyone free entry so they enjoyed a bumper crowd of over 7,000 so it was probably a decent atmosphere at Boundary Park.

@salmonman, unfortunately, you got tempted in by that Peterborough price. Understandable though! Have you got any thoughts for this weekend?

@johnabpd, shame the Gillingham game got postponed. I was keen to see how that unfolded. Fancy this weekend's action?

@skyblues88, you've got your previous and notorious landlords in Northampton. Reckon you can win?

@Kenton Schweppes, a place in the FA Cup 5th Round awaits you lads if you can dispose of Rochdale. Tough away game but I think you can do it. Are you hopeful?

@Tiffy, well done to your boys last night on the win. We battled hard but general feeling is we lost to a better team who will likely be a Premier League side next season. Can you build on that win by eliminating non-league Lincoln City in the FA Cup? Fascinating to hear about your mate as well. When did he move away from Cardiff? I still play football down Grangetown way a lot.

@Neubs, you raised the valid point about Reading being underdogs against Fulham. They got the win but it was close and might have been different had it not been for the late missed penalty. Little things make a big difference. What are you thinking for these games?

@MuineBheag, you said you were waiting for the weekend and here it is. What is taking your interest?

@mrclubbie, @Simeon Borisof, @Bobby Vegas, and @Punki85, are you lads eyeing any bets up?

@StevieDay1983 As expected, it was a tough game last night. Cardiff had some decent chances and played well enough, but lacked quality in front of goal (as you said). Once Brighton turned the heat up in the second half, and the crowd got going, then it was only a matter of time before a shot went in. 

Not sure about Saturday, I think it could go either way. I will let @addpea review this one. CH will field a weaker team, no doubt about that. There is a tough trip to Huddersfield on the Thursday after, so he won't be risking any injuries. I think Lincoln could sneak it, playing at home. If you push me, I would say another unders game is likely. 

Anyway, I called 2/4 right last night. My Brighton to win & BTTS NO both landed. The corners bet was a bit of a punt, it was 8-5 to Brighton. So both corner bets lost.

it was great to see Andy Dibble last night, a real hero of mine, for making the save in the 88 cup final against Arsenal. I almost got to shake his hand!

Not sure how long Kev has been down here, he left home nearly 40 years ago, so I guess it's a while.

A little known fact about me, is that I was born in Cardiff! - Glossop Terrace, wherever that is? I only lay claim to my Welsh heritage in major footballing tournaments now, once England have gone out!

Early scans of the fixtures throws up Derby DC, Norwich, Fulham & Preston, but will see what I will go for later.

If Lincoln play like they did against Barrow last night then they have no chance! I suspect you will see an improved performance though and if Brighton do play a weakened side then that would certainly increase their chances. I just wonder though if their tough schedule had caught up with them a little last night and this might also show on Saturday.

Fancy Mansfield to beat Leyton Orient @ 1.85 - Mansfield seem to have found some form since christmas, the defeat to Wycombe last night the only loss. Orient have lost 7 of the last 10 and are a bit of a basket case after Italian ownership in 2014, theyre on their 9th manager and constant fans protest are having a negative effect on the team.

Mansfield v Leyton Orient

Boss Steve Evans revealed in Wednesday afternoon's press conference that the only senior players to miss the visit of the O's are defenders George Taft and Kyle Howkins. Leyton Orient will be without captain Robbie Weir for the rest of the season after he sustained a cruciate knee ligament injury in the game against Exeter City earlier this month. Stags lost for the first time this calendar year in mid-week as they exited the Checkatrade Trophy following a 2-1 defeat at home to Wycombe. However, Steve Evans' men will go into the contest in high spirits after recording an excellent 3-1 victory away to Cambridge United. That win was Stags' fourth victory in their last five matches, a run which has seen them shoot to just three points off the play-offs. Leyton Orient are currently on an extremely poor run of form which has seen them pick up just four points from their last six games. Since the turn of the year, they have lost three games in a row; 4-0 away to Exeter, 3-1 at home to Barnet and 2-1 away to Portsmouth. 

Read more at http://www.mansfieldtown.net/fixtures-results/match-preview/index.aspx#OSbY5AYp4OJI6erZ.9

The Orient chairman has put half the players on the transfer list, 4 have already gone, and the fans are well p**sed off. A quote from their fans forum which just about sums it up ( http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic19851.html )-

"Simply can't see anything other than another defeat here. To be honest, I'm so disillusioned with everything to do with the club that I can't actually see us being able to beat anybody."

Mansfield @ 1.85 

Mansfield -1 @ 3.00

Edited by Tanktop

As a Cardiff fan, I can tell you we will make it hard for Reading. I actually think Warnock's experience could get the better of Stam's lack of it. If there is a Reading fan out there then I am keen to hear their thoughts. As discussed with @Tiffy in midweek, our problem is scoring goals. Pilkington has been a decent outlet recently but he's out injured. Realistically, I can see us holding them to a 0-0 or a 1-1 but I think optimistically I am hoping for a 1-0 win!

Chelsea FC v Brentford FC

Chelsea FC: no absences

Brentford FC: Scott Hogan (25/14 f, top scorer, transfer issues, doubtful), Lewis Macleod (13/0 m), Callum Elder (6/0 m), Alan Judge (0/0 m), Rico Henry (0/0 d)

Liverpool FC v Wolverhampton

Liverpool FC: Nathaniel Clyne (21/0 d, doubtful), Adam Lallana (20/7 m, probably out), Marko Grujic (2/0 m), Sadio Mane (19/9 f, top scorer, national selection), Adam Bogdan (0/0 g), Danny Ings (0/0 f)

Wolverhampton: Carl Ikeme (22/0 first goalkeeper, suspended), Romain Saïss (12/0 m, national selection), Michal Żyro (0/0 m), Jordan Graham (0/0 m), Andy Lonergan (5/0 g), Sílvio (2/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

There's definitely a bit of value in Blackburn to beat Blackpool at home @1.83. Blackburn are a poor team but they have had a run of 5/6 games where they've done ok against much better sides in their division. There's lots of Scottish lads in the dressing and I'd imagine Coyle will have instilled a decent cup mentality in them. They had a decent result away to QPR in the last round as well.

Looking at Newcastle also who should have far too much squad depth for Oxford, who don't have a huge amount of firepower themselves. I know Mitrovic and Gamez have both travelled so that's a great option to have from the bench should things get tricky for Newcastle. They are also the most unreliable side ever when I tip them so proceed with caution! 

Motherwell v Rangers both teams to score @1.65 also looks tempting given the last three matches have ended 2-1 to Rangers. I watched the most recent and both defences are shaky. Motherwell have a target man (Moult) on form who has caused the Rangers defence lots of problems previously. Motherwell have a really poor, ageing defence so Rangers (at times) quick one touch passing cuts right through them. Rangers also have an awful away record and their league position is heavy reliant on their home form. 

Edit: Hughton has said he will made wholesale changes for the Brighton match so I'd be tempted to avoid high stakes even against lowly Lincoln personally.

Edited by Icongene

I don't want to sound like a broken record but Hibs are a far, far better team than QOS. We have a full squad to choose from and if we play anywhere near as well as we can then we'll win this comfortably. I genuinely believe if this game was played 10 times, Hibs would win at least 8 of them, scoring 20 odd goals and conceding only once or twice. The odds of 4/6 for the Hibs win is a gift from the bookies.

Elsewhere; the odds on Barnsley @ 7/5 to beat lowly Rotherham, high flying Doncaster @ 11/10 to beat Yeovil and Motherwell @ 4/1 to beat an overrated Rangers all look appealing to me.

My eyes just popped out of my head when I logged onto Sky Bet, Barnsley at 7/5 at hapless Rotherham, come on you're having a laugh here.....but we'll be all over it if they are going to be so generous. We really don't need too much research into this. The only thing that might cause a concern or two is that Barnsley's defence is far from watertight. Rotherham's only recent win was against the equally clueless Norwich and Barnsley turned Leeds over last week, thanks Barnsley :lol.

QPR are being offered at evs by Sky Bet against Burton who are really starting to find things hard going now. Holloway has turned things round a little now and QPR have started to pick up some decent results of late beating Wolves, Ipswich and Reading and drawing with Fulham where as Burton are heading in the opposite direction. Burton have lost 4 on the spin and have now dropped into the bottom 3. If you can get evs on QPR in the High Street I'd take them.

Finally we'll dip into League 2....Exeter City 18/5 at Pompey....this has to be some kind of joke? Exeter have won 9 league games on the road since the season began and are in blistering form of late, they really are good on the road. It's their home form that is letting them down. Ok, I can see this is a tough game for Exeter, Pompey are no mugs but they seem unable to put a string of wins together don't Pompey, it seems to be win one, draw one, win one, lose one. The last promotion chaser Pompey came up against they lost 3-1 at Donny. That price to me is mental on someone with such a good away record.

Finally, promotion chasing Donny Rovers travel westwards to Somerset to take on Yeovil Town, Rovers are priced nicely at 11/10 which is about right. Donny have won 4 on the bounce where as Yeovil's only win of late came against Reading U23's in the Checkawotsitcalled Trophy, they just seem to be drawing repeatedly of late, there seems little sign of life in Yeovil. Donny have more than enough to win this and Darren Ferguson will be disappointed if they don't I would have thought. If you're seriously chasing promotion, games like this have to be and need to be won.

Barnsley 7/5, Exeter City 18/5 and Doncaster Rovers 11/10 pays a handsome 22/1.

@Icongene, totally agree about Blackburn. Let's not forget, this is a Blackburn side that is still two levels higher than a mid-table League Two Blackpool side. I've put down 3-1 to Blackburn on my prediction this week. Maybe a bit optimistic for Rovers but I think they will see the cup as a welcome distraction from their relegation battle. This is also a Blackburn side that beat Newcastle at home just a few games ago.

@Kenton Schweppes, I'm wary of the Barnsley versus Rotherham price simply because it's technically a derby game. I can see Rotherham scabbing a point. I think Barnsley losing Conor Hourihane will impact on them so I can understand the price.

@allyhibs, agree about the Hibernian price. The bookies are really offering some decent odds on you lot this season.

i couldn't resist the urge to take a bigger gamble for £10000 so...taking these teams for big money

scunthorpe - port vale are terrible travelers and scunthrope have a lot of quality

bolton - bolton haven't played match for two weeks but after that long let's hope they will be up for it. 

oldham - because i just cannot stand this bradford team. they drew too many times. oldham draw too many as well but just as last time motivation to get home side away from relegation zone.

fleetwood - they seem to going strength to strength in league so being at home its good chance to get another win

mansfield - probably in form team in division. let's hope the don't let up now

carlisle - i am expecting carlisle to start firing again after a blip so i hope they find few goals

cambridge - this is kind of derby and both could find the back on the net but i favour visitors as they have better away form and luton are less effective at home

doncaster -  can't fault doncaster form, they keep doing the business and main thing scoring

qpr - can only see this one swinging for home side as home advantage is big factor here but should tight match

Edited by sajtion

Been looking at the trio of big dogs in League Two...two of them, Barnet and Exeter, among the best away sides in the league. They're playing at formidable home sides, of course, Carlisle and Portsmouth respectively. Orient are a for-sure miss, although the way my mind works is that when I see people pushing Mansfield and others climb on, I wouldn't be surprised to see the favorite bottle it. Of the others I mentioned, it's hard to see past the 4.43 average price on Exeter, who are 9-1-4 away to this point and can probably go toe to toe with Portsmouth. They're on an amazing run of form, 7-2-0, in which they've scored 20 and conceded 2. My book has it at 4.68, and I'll bite.

16 hours ago, Icongene said:

There's definitely a bit of value in Blackburn to beat Blackpool at home @1.83. Blackburn are a poor team but they have had a run of 5/6 games where they've done ok against much better sides in their division. There's lots of Scottish lads in the dressing and I'd imagine Coyle will have instilled a decent cup mentality in them. They had a decent result away to QPR in the last round as well.

Looking at Newcastle also who should have far too much squad depth for Oxford, who don't have a huge amount of firepower themselves. I know Mitrovic and Gamez have both travelled so that's a great option to have from the bench should things get tricky for Newcastle. They are also the most unreliable side ever when I tip them so proceed with caution! 

Motherwell v Rangers both teams to score @1.65 also looks tempting given the last three matches have ended 2-1 to Rangers. I watched the most recent and both defences are shaky. Motherwell have a target man (Moult) on form who has caused the Rangers defence lots of problems previously. Motherwell have a really poor, ageing defence so Rangers (at times) quick one touch passing cuts right through them. Rangers also have an awful away record and their league position is heavy reliant on their home form. 

Edit: Hughton has said he will made wholesale changes for the Brighton match so I'd be tempted to avoid high stakes even against lowly Lincoln personally.

I ended going with just Blackburn from my selections and it's looking like a good job!

Motherwell were abysmal today and it looks as though a replay might be the best that Newcastle can salvage.

Edit: Oh my Newcastle. So you also get hammered when I dodge a bet on you! Good decision to dip away from Brighton too.

Edited by Icongene

11 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

My eyes just popped out of my head when I logged onto Sky Bet, Barnsley at 7/5 at hapless Rotherham, come on you're having a laugh here.....but we'll be all over it if they are going to be so generous. We really don't need too much research into this. The only thing that might cause a concern or two is that Barnsley's defence is far from watertight. Rotherham's only recent win was against the equally clueless Norwich and Barnsley turned Leeds over last week, thanks Barnsley :lol.

QPR are being offered at evs by Sky Bet against Burton who are really starting to find things hard going now. Holloway has turned things round a little now and QPR have started to pick up some decent results of late beating Wolves, Ipswich and Reading and drawing with Fulham where as Burton are heading in the opposite direction. Burton have lost 4 on the spin and have now dropped into the bottom 3. If you can get evs on QPR in the High Street I'd take them.

Finally we'll dip into League 2....Exeter City 18/5 at Pompey....this has to be some kind of joke? Exeter have won 9 league games on the road since the season began and are in blistering form of late, they really are good on the road. It's their home form that is letting them down. Ok, I can see this is a tough game for Exeter, Pompey are no mugs but they seem unable to put a string of wins together don't Pompey, it seems to be win one, draw one, win one, lose one. The last promotion chaser Pompey came up against they lost 3-1 at Donny. That price to me is mental on someone with such a good away record.

Finally, promotion chasing Donny Rovers travel westwards to Somerset to take on Yeovil Town, Rovers are priced nicely at 11/10 which is about right. Donny have won 4 on the bounce where as Yeovil's only win of late came against Reading U23's in the Checkawotsitcalled Trophy, they just seem to be drawing repeatedly of late, there seems little sign of life in Yeovil. Donny have more than enough to win this and Darren Ferguson will be disappointed if they don't I would have thought. If you're seriously chasing promotion, games like this have to be and need to be won.

Barnsley 7/5, Exeter City 18/5 and Doncaster Rovers 11/10 pays a handsome 22/1.

I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself after this one.

22 hours ago, allyhibs said:

I don't want to sound like a broken record but Hibs are a far, far better team than QOS. We have a full squad to choose from and if we play anywhere near as well as we can then we'll win this comfortably. I genuinely believe if this game was played 10 times, Hibs would win at least 8 of them, scoring 20 odd goals and conceding only once or twice. The odds of 4/6 for the Hibs win is a gift from the bookies.

Elsewhere; the odds on Barnsley @ 7/5 to beat lowly Rotherham, high flying Doncaster @ 11/10 to beat Yeovil and Motherwell @ 4/1 to beat an overrated Rangers all look appealing to me.

Keeeeerrching :beer

Some good picks this weekend from you all.

Brighton threw the game away at 1-0. I am convinced that if Maenpaa had stayed in goal, the game would have finished differently. As soon as Ankergren came on I knew it was curtains!

Hope Lincoln get a cracking tie in the next round.

Norwich & Mansfield landed for me, the other two lost. 

I also backed Fulham & Milwall DC today.

i also really fancied Wolves on the DC, AS Liverpool are just so poor this year.

Thanks @Tanktop for the Mansfield tip